Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #766
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

DUDE Where's the CAR?????

Okay guys now where was I ?? Oh yes MK in the morning on the 5th of July. A morning full of rides, being put in jail and then deciding to leave the car at the TTC with the hope of going back and picking it up afterward.

Pictures show a bus trip back to the Yacht and Beach at 1:55pm. Now what follows was probably more pool time and then a shower. No pictures

Wandering into EPCOT through the back gate my destination was…

Any guesses????

A close up shot- not that it may help.

A sign that may help.

Hmmmm.. not to torture anyone, so I will let the cat out of the bag…..

La Hacienda.

Now for the horrible part.

I have a picture of my drink..

But nothing else but

And well

I do remember that what was eaten was wonderful and except for the fact that they stopped taking Tables in Wonderland recently I would not hesitate to recommend it.

After dinner there was some more wandering.

Apparently a cut through Mousegears.

I guess this would be the first time I actually laid eyes on this wonderful conversation piece.

Wandering over towards Mission Space

in a sea of speckled rocks,

Another little beauty.

While an evening at EPCOT would be wonderful for a last evening, it was not to be.
Why??

The car silly…. Despite the impending doom of potentially having my car towed or even just leaving it at the TTC overnight, the plan was to leave MK and return later that night. I will admit to obsessing a bit to actually remember to get the car but overall it was an easy thing to do.

I would love to tell a tale of panic and confusion but upon leaving and knowing that La Hacienda was in the plans, Wishes won out as the last night fireworks. HAving a monorail ride instead of a bus ride made it an easy choice too.

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 01-27-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #767
Poolrat

The Last night.

So – Out the front entrance for the last time. Aboard the monorail.

Passing here.

Trying again at construction photos.

The Avengers Monorail.

The castle at dusk.

How can you not get the balloon guy.

Parade time.

I really need a couple of snow days to go through ALL my Disney pictures so I can sort them into categories. You know like Castle, trash can, bathroom etc…

Back when pictures were still projected on the castle.

Another Disney Day has come to an end. Back out the front gate this time to the car, which was conveniently close now and through any traffic to park back at the beach club.

The sad part of packing up and knowing you only have 1 more night is upon me.
At some point I look through my pictures and realize,

What a horrible trip!!!!

More on that next.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 01-27-2013 at 06:34 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #768
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

I have a picture of my drink..

This looks really yummy and pretty. Which rita is this?

Quote:

I do remember that what was eaten was wonderful and except for the fact that they stopped taking Tables in Wonderland recently I would not hesitate to recommend it.
I did not know this. What? Really? Why?

Quote:

I guess this would be the first time I actually laid eyes on this wonderful conversation piece.

You mean you were already familiar with this little landmark?

Quote:

Another little beauty.

That is a great hidden mickey!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #769
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I think you are the only one whose thread I follow that I was not behind on from being sick, since you just updated.

And a fun update too. I'm glad you said where you were eating because I would have never guessed since I don't eat Mexican. But let me just say that your drink looks absolutely yummy. What is it?

Grreat Hidden Mickey you caught.

We have yet to see the Main Street Electrical Parade since it came back...we must rectify that.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #770
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
This looks really yummy and pretty. Which rita is this?
It must have been;

Rosita - El Mayor premium silver tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, rose infusions, served on the rocks with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim $13.00

Quote:
I did not know this. What? Really? Why?
i read it somewherebut just confirmed it on the TiW website. No Yak & yeti either.

Quote:
You mean you were already familiar with this little landmark?
Just because I have a picture of from July does not I remember it in Oct.

Quote:
That is a great hidden mickey!
That one took a while but I did have knowledge it was somewhere there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I think you are the only one whose thread I follow that I was not behind on from being sick, since you just updated.
catching up on everyone else's is what kept me from having time to write an update. Well that and doing a 1/2 marathon. LOL

Quote:
And a fun update too. I'm glad you said where you were eating because I would have never guessed since I don't eat Mexican. But let me just say that your drink looks absolutely yummy. What is it?

I thinkthe Rosita - I copied the description above.

Quote:
Great Hidden Mickey you caught.
Thanks

Quote:
We have yet to see the Main Street Electrical Parade since it came back...we must rectify that.
Yes - See it at least once. It has been back long enough to go away again..... but then again we really have no new "promotion" for this year do we. I guess except for Limited Time Magic.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #771
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I am pretty much enjoying all of the pictures from your horrible trip, so thanks for suffering through it.

That's a great Hidden Mickey.

The Avengers monorail is about to be unwrapped, isn't it? I think I read that in the past week or so.

We need to interview the balloon guy. He's sort of famous around here.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #772
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

i really like the stone mickey well done on finding it.

and glad the getting back to the car was easy for you.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #773
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Rosita - El Mayor premium silver tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, rose infusions, served on the rocks with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim $13.00

Does NOT look or sound horrible!!!

Boo! on your last night

on spending it at MK!

for not having to visit the Disney impound lot (although I was looking forward to the pictures)
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #774
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

So glad you got your car! I was afraid you had left it and Disney had taken it for a while!

Great pictures of the castle. I love the parade. We missed it this last trip. Too tired to make it back to MK that night for it.

Oh, hate that your horrible trip is coming to an end! I have enjoyed it!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #775
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I am pretty much enjoying all of the pictures from your horrible trip, so thanks for suffering through it.

That's a great Hidden Mickey.

The Avengers monorail is about to be unwrapped, isn't it? I think I read that in the past week or so.

We need to interview the balloon guy. He's sort of famous around here.
I am afraid you are all the ones that had to suffer through the slipshod reporting here.

During a hot, busy time of year I managed to relax and have a wonderful trip. Did not feel the need to go all commando an actually USED the pool at the resort and multiple times at that.
That HM was hard to find. Spent quite a bit of time looking at the ground for it.
I had some help with the general location but that stone path is pretty long.

I am sure some people must have thought I was nuttier than I am watching me pace back and forth looking down saying here Mickey, Mickey, Mickey where are you????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i really like the stone mickey well done on finding it.

and glad the getting back to the car was easy for you.
You will have to have Parker find that one next time

I will admit reminding myself a few times not to forget it was there but yup it was pretty easy and drama free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Boo! on your last night

on spending it at MK!

for not having to visit the Disney impound lot (although I was looking forward to the pictures)
It was a pretty good trip. Really relaxing, and probably the most relaxing one I had.

Every trip must have a last night but I was lucky to have other trips in the works. That always helps.

I bet even the Disney impound lot looks nice.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #776
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
So glad you got your car! I was afraid you had left it and Disney had taken it for a while!

Great pictures of the castle. I love the parade. We missed it this last trip. Too tired to make it back to MK that night for it.

Oh, hate that your horrible trip is coming to an end! I have enjoyed it!
How did this get missed - So sorry!!!!

Oh yes I had to remind myself a few times to make sure I got the car but yes this time nothing really horrible happened.

I try to catch the parade but at this point, if I just catch a glimpse I am okay. I don't go out of my way anymore to see it.

The most horrible trip is coming to an end but there were more maybe not ( or maybe more ) horrible trips ahead.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #777
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

That's interesting that La Hacienda isn't on TiW anymore. I wonder how they decide that? I think all of the Table Service restaurants should be on it.

What? They're not projecting pictures on the castle anymore?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #778
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Pat I don't know how I missed this update but I did !!! What a terrible dayJust think you could have been stuck in a snow storm !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #779
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I don't know what you drank but it looks mighty tasty

Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #780
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

I so want one of these in June!!!!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: