Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #721
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

I hate when they do that to the ride photo

I totally agree! HORRIBLE!!!

I am cracking up over all of the stuff on the bulletin board. Nice job capturing the pictures!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #722
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
How wonderful to have so many firework options.

I never noticed the bulletin board. now I have to go again. lol

Did you call Becky? LOL

And did you see the one date...10/20/11. It's now the past!

On the call Becky part. That bulletin board is on the right side next to the stove.

I think I zoomed in on the news clipping and it was for Windows. Like the original

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Did you make Marty's changes ???????
If I knew what Marty wanted, I would do it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
And we were at MK that day! In Tomorrowland to start with!!!
We need to look for each other in our pictures. Since we know we didn't see each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Yes we do!
Off to attempt the half this weekend. Hopefully good news when I get back.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #723
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
dont rub it in or anything haha...if she is there take a picture with her and you can post it in your next report.

i hope so i like there furniture.
I will try to look for her when I get into AK.

We have an IKEA!!! Takes all day to walk around and look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I'm sorry, I'm just cracking up at the SM ride photo. It looks like you're lecturing the other riders on not swimming during electrical storms. Or maybe telling them not to try to retrieve their hats from underneath the ride.

Either one might be correct
I think I was finally on the other side (left) from where I usually ride with a FP. So I was looking for where the camera was. CLEARLY I didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
9:15 is not too bad at all. It's practically rope drop!
Love all the TL pics, especially the pin board in CoP! How cool! I've never noticed it before so of course now I'll have to check it out next time.

Knowing I stoped for pictures on the way tot he car had me thinking I was slacking again. I think I was surprise too when I saw the time stamp of 9:15.

Still later than my 8:20 usual.

CoP last scene and all the way to the right. With the zoom I have it kept me entertained while GRandma was fighting aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Not horrible!

Express monorail looked rather full anyway. No flash, rest is ok. Love the close ups!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the single finger to indicate first ride of the day, first ride on SM or some other hidden meaning?
Not too shabby!!!!

That express was full of flag carrying, cheering, standing everywhere teenagers.

My "finger" was me looking for the camera. Clearly I had no idea.
I think I was on the left track where I usually ride on the right side and I KNOW where that camera is.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #724
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Nice job on the bulletin board pictures. I'd love to know who the pictures are of.
We need to get Lou M. to find out the story on that.
Now that I have done that attraction a few times and there has been no update I look for other things to entertain me. I was looking for Hidden or not so hidden Mickeys and found the bulletin board.

I would guess imagineers children or grandchildren for the pictures.
I think it is so neat that try to find a way to have imagineers pictures or their children in the attractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Are you kidding me? you found all that in Cop - in the kitchen? Wow! And to think the only thing I ever notice is that old 80's oven (cause I had the exact same one )

I would say you FP times are pretty reasonable!
I believe the board is next to the oven. Super zoom helped me out, tha's for sure.

I can usually bounce from Buzz to SM and back in Tl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Pat, I am trying to get caught up as I have been MIA for about 2 months now!!! Hope you are doing well and had a great holiday. I see that you are about to head to the world again for a run. How exciting! Hope you do well and have fun.
Welcome back. I know the holidays are crazy. I have been nuts since Sept. It might have something to do with me constantly going back to the World though.

I leave in a few days!!!! Little nervous little excited. Just want to finish and still be able to walk and enjoy the parks for a few days.

Quote:
Love your pictures from the 4th of July! I really missed being there last year. I think I have decided that despite the heat, I really enjoy the summer months more than others. We won't be there this year but hoping for the 4th in 2014.
Just a different way of touring, that is for sure. Lots of breaks and pool time.

Quote:
I knew you were headed to see your tumble monkey in AK. Can't believe how close you got to park that day to the entrance. I like AK but have yet to explore the Tree of Life. I always feel rushed in there with the boys. They like to do their favorites and get out of there for some reason.
Send the boys to a ride or Dinoland and explore the tree. I think I still need to find another trail. Maybe later this week?

Quote:
How was Disneyland? Are you going to do a report from your trip there?

Will try to do better in keeping up. Things have slowed down here so I should be able.
DL was great. Back to commando and trying to see everything. I am thinking I may do a photo update instead a day by day. Maybe. I do have a couple of funny stories though.

The trip from the airport was interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I totally agree! HORRIBLE!!!

I am cracking up over all of the stuff on the bulletin board. Nice job capturing the pictures!!!

SM and TT both do that and it is annoying. Since you really can't see the icture I feel it actually reduces the possibility of me buying it ( which is usually close to zero anyway )

Once that bulletin board caught my eye I was all over it. So many things
that the audience may never see but my handy dandy zoom captures is why I go back. Always something new to see.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #725
Poolrat

It is summertime after all....

Use this FP

Then this one

Um my gun didn’t work????

Apparently my crappy score got me put in jail

Next up a bathroom break

HoP

And then here…..

Any guess as to where that was???

Tom Sawyer Island. Some walkin around and some sittin. Apparently I decided it was getting too hot.

Some shopping… or at least looking

And then out.

Now if you were paying attention you might say “ Wait minute! Don’t go to the bus you brought the car you numbskull.”

I was aware of that but also knew I would end up at MK that night…. At least that was the plan. I had a great spot parking wise so why not take the bus back and then retrieve the car that night.

A great plan in theory right????
Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #726
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Pat, loved that update...very to the point.

Uh oh...that doesn't sound good about the car being left at MK and you taking a bus to BC and then coming back. Why do I have a feeling this isn't going to go quite that way?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #727
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

ahhhh it just took me a rediculous amount of time to find where i last left off n get caught up,I have to know.....where did u get that dress you were wearing when you met the mermaid/dolphin girl(the blue mickey head with paisley dress)

Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #728
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Pat, loved that update...very to the point.

Uh oh...that doesn't sound good about the car being left at MK and you taking a bus to BC and then coming back. Why do I have a feeling this isn't going to go quite that way?
That is all I had left. I need to write more from that point but another trip looming, I fugured I would get part up and well not much else other than hit that , that, that , got hot and left.

See HORRIBLE????

I tell ya leaving the car and taking the bus back seemed like a good idea at the time. I guess we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
ahhhh it just took me a rediculous amount of time to find where i last left off n get caught up,I have to know.....where did u get that dress you were wearing when you met the mermaid/dolphin girl(the blue mickey head with paisley dress)
The Blue Mickey head dress was found in EPCOT at the American Adventure.
An early birthday present for me!!! It is really comfy and dresses this summer made it at least "feel" cool.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #729
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Yay I'm excited to track it down if its still around in May :D thank you

Old 01-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #731
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would guess imagineers children or grandchildren for the pictures.
I think it is so neat that try to find a way to have imagineers pictures or their children in the attractions.
I would guess the same, but the Disney geek in me wants to know who, what, when, where, why... now that you have opened this can of worms with your handy dandy zoom lens!

Quote:

I was aware of that but also knew I would end up at MK that night…. At least that was the plan. I had a great spot parking wise so why not take the bus back and then retrieve the car that night.

A great plan in theory right????
Seems like it, yet I am sensing that there is a story here....
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #732
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Off to attempt the half this weekend. Hopefully good news when I get back.
Good luck!!!

Quote:
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="4"]

Yeah...but you looked cute!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 01-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #733
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I can't believe that you left the "Pat, call Becky" note alone. I thought, "here's the setup" then....nothing. I like the Far Side cartoon though! I wish there were more in our future, but alas, I think they're done.

Uh oh, in reference to how you ended the last chapter, leaving the car in the MK parking lot -- I think a Star Wars quote (said many times) sums it up best: "I've got a bad feeling about this".
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #734
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

You certainly covered a lot of ground, as usual. I'm glad you took a TSI break...not too many people do, and it's a great spot.

But now you've got me in suspense over the parking thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Uh oh, in reference to how you ended the last chapter, leaving the car in the MK parking lot -- I think a Star Wars quote (said many times) sums it up best: "I've got a bad feeling about this".
+1
Old 01-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #735
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Ruh roh! My guesses are that you decided you didn't want to go back to MK, or that you did but forgot that your car was there after and got back on the bus to BC since that's how you got there in the evening. HORRIBLE!!

I want you to know that I did not scroll down, but guessed Tom Sawyer Island!!

Good luck with the half! I wish I was going back already! Not to run of course, just to go back!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: