Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #31
MEK
DIS Veteran

Here!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #32
MEK
DIS Veteran

There are not many things worse than a Verizon phone problem. Glad you were able to upgrade and get everything working before you left. What a pain. I still think Cynthia has you beat for pre-trip drama.

Really looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #33
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I enjoyed your last TR, so I popped over to check this one out!

So glad I have you back for another adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Title pulled me in. Can't wait to hear this story........

Glad to have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here!

Quote:
Why yes, yes I can! reading your update reminds me of some details I actually forgot. Selective memory?
I know I had more little stupid things go wrong too but the phone delayed everything and then I was rushing to pack.

Quote:
I forgot about the fact that this email I was trying to get out before I left, which involves more HTML coding than I like to do, kept having truncating issues. Which ended up being the fact that Mozilla decided not to work on my work computer. Didn't narrow it down to that until IT had had mine for a couple of hours, re-installed a bunch of stuff and I lost valuble time. I'm still having to default to Chrome which doesn't synch my xmarks right and I'm afraid as a result my bookmarks are breeding and multiplying.
Oh yes computer issues right now with my work computer. IT has come in twice and yesterday left my computer such a mess I had to change back some setting s they changed for no good reason. Of course they cannot figure out what is causing it and I don't want them touching my computer for fear they will render it as usless as my iphone.

Quote:
for a new phone
That did work out great!!!!

Quote:
The question is, did it get done?
It did get done and I knew I would have to re check things when I got back and my Monday was spent doing that. I had planned to do that so it was all good.

Quote:
Ok that was SO my last few minutes at the office. One person couldn't pull pictures out of a job submission. True, I'm the only one who can but NO ONE ever sends them with the online form. I mean maybe 5 times since I created the form! Better than happening while I was out though I guess. Another had no clue how to reformat a report template into legal versus letterhead.
That my dear is job security but I hate that it happens when you are ready to walk out the door but that is always better than after you are already out and they have to hunt you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm here but I have to get up to speed.

Ok I'm up to speed, but you had me on pins and needles. If it can go wrong it will. But I'm glad you got a new phone and you got on the road.

It seems like that is always the way. I always feel like I am building a house of cards and at any moment some is going to come along and grab the bottom card.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #34
Rozz
DIS Veteran

Just checking in on your new trip report! I enjoy your trip reports and regulary stop in to see what's going on so I'll be along for this trip even if I don't post much. In fact, as I was working on this reply, the laptop froze up so I had to close the page. I couldn't get back on the DIS for some reason. I had another window open with Thumper Man's TR open. When I closed that window and tried again to go to the main DIS trip reports forum, it came right up. It was so weird! I think it's coincidence but I'm going to see if it does it again. I'll have one window open with your trip report and another with Thumper Man's and see how it goes. War of the trip reports! I wonder if having a trip report open on the Disneyland Trip Reports forum and this one at the same time caused a problem? Probably not. I'm going to blame it on my ISP!

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Old 08-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #35
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
You had me at Horrible Trip... I gotta know more!

Glad to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Love your TR's. Looking forward to reading another.

Glad you are back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I sure hope there's another meaning to the word "horrible"!!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip! Sorry for all the hassles trying to get out of work! I find that whenever I set a time I need to leave by, that's the day that everyone needs something about 5 minutes before that time!

Horrible does come in many forms.

I actually put my out of office up early as a warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
There are not many things worse than a Verizon phone problem. Glad you were able to upgrade and get everything working before you left. What a pain. I still think Cynthia has you beat for pre-trip drama.

Really looking forward to hearing all about your trip.
Cynthia has me beat hands down. I don't have to deal with sports schedules and ID.

My drama is NOTHING compared to what she endures before a trip. My head might explode if it did.

The phone problem had me twitching until I got it fixed. If I was staying home I may have been a bit more patient but not while on the road.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #36
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
Just checking in on your new trip report! I enjoy your trip reports and regulary stop in to see what's going on so I'll be along for this trip even if I don't post much. In fact, as I was working on this reply, the laptop froze up so I had to close the page. I couldn't get back on the DIS for some reason. I had another window open with Thumper Man's TR open. When I closed that window and tried again to go to the main DIS trip reports forum, it came right up. It was so weird! I think it's coincidence but I'm going to see if it does it again. I'll have one window open with your trip report and another with Thumper Man's and see how it goes. War of the trip reports! I wonder if having a trip report open on the Disneyland Trip Reports forum and this one at the same time caused a problem? Probably not. I'm going to blame it on my ISP!

Glad to have you along. I was having some odd things happening earlier from my work computer. When that starts happening I always wonder if IT is watching me and slowing me down on purpose so I will being on the DIS iinstead of pretending to actual work.
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #37
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Intriguing...

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #38
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Intriguing...
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #39
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I lurked on your last TR, so I thought I'd join in the fun for this one!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #40
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Hi POOLRAT!!!!

I am so IN and for TWO reasons......FIRST, love your username! And SECOND, your trip report title has me very curious!!!

KAR

Old 08-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #41
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

Hello! I'm in!

Old 08-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #42
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Girl! You didn't even give me a warning!

Well, I'm here now.

Now I know what happened with your phone! Hope your razor turns out to be a good phone for you.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!

Last edited by Millie12591; 08-18-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #43
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Previous luker as well on your last TR I figure I might as well speak up in this one...I can't wait to see how your trip went.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #44
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I lurked on your last TR, so I thought I'd join in the fun for this one!

I am glad you came out to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
Hi POOLRAT!!!!

I am so IN and for TWO reasons......FIRST, love your username! And SECOND, your trip report title has me very curious!!!

My user name is one that has identified me since childhood.

As for the title I actually uttered those words.... When I will explain that is still a bit unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
Hello! I'm in!

Glad to have you in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Girl! You didn't even give me a warning!

Harldly had time for any warnings. I got this up right before I had to leave to get to work and I got home late last night. I was hoping if some people had not found their way by this evening I may have time to put up the bat signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post

Well, I'm here now.

Now I know what happened with your phone! Hope your razor turns out to be a good phone for you.
The phone thing was quite frustrating at times. I am happy I just cut my losses on that phone and actually benefited greatly from doing so.
Same thing can be said of my marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
Previous luker as well on your last TR I figure I might as well speak up in this one...I can't wait to see how your trip went.

We swapped refrigerators at one time, didn't we? Glad to see you back and yes jump in and cut up, I can't control what goes on here.
Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 08-18-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Darn work keeps distracting me. LOL
Old 08-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #45
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

Joining in.

I've lurked on some of your previous reports, but when I hear that someone had a horrible trip, I must admit, morbid curiosity gets the better of me

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: