Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #346
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
What a wonderful morning!!

If you think those roses were beautiful, wait until we see the Flower and Garden festival!!

Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your day.
Oh I know Flower and Garden will be beautiful. AHCHOO but beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Have you spoken with your tumble monkey to see what the latest is with Festival of the Lion King? Is it just changing locations, or is it ***GASP*** going away forever!
Have not heard anything from the monkeys mouth. Heard rumors or it being gone and then being relocated. I perfer just not to think of not being able to see that wonderful show anymore. I will make sure I hit every trip and then we shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I had not heard this!! What is going on?
I hope they are just relocating.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #347
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
WoW!! I'm so far behind....I didnt even know you had started this!!!!
I just saw the link in your siggie over on Memom's TR..looks like you started this when I was on my vacation!!! I'll try to catch up! Looks like you are getting ready for DL and WDW!!! Can't wait to hear about them and read this one too.
I knew you were away I think so I knew the catch up would have to happen. Glad you made it over.

DL in T minus 4 days :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-...-ending-22066/

Although with the dispute between James Cameron and the Imagineers, Avatarland may not happen, which will (hopefully!) save the Tumble Monkey's!
I am hoping they are saved either way. nahnahnah I am not listening at them going away for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Woo hoo, birds! I was right (it doesn't take much to make me happy).

I always wonder to myself who's winning in that picture of the pirate skeletons playing chess......
Those birds are nostalgic for me.
I think those pirates have a stalemate.

Quote:
We're eating at the Plaza in November. I honestly have not eaten there since I was very young. I'm kind of excited.

Ooohhh, cinnamon bun the size of your head. Those are always a great choice for a snack.
I really enjoyed the Plaza this time. Simple good food

Can't go wrong with the cinnamon bun the size of your head.

Quote:
I love the new theming in that area, I can't wait to see it. You always have enough time to take pictures!
MUST take more next time.

Quote:
That's weird that the CM at the BC looked at you funny when you said you didn't get the room number in the text. Like you were making it up or something.
I was going for the ID. I did pull out the phone to show him since I always did get a room number so it was odd. Apparently he thought so too.

Quote:
I love getting caught up in the fireworks and not taking too many pictures. If I take pictures, then I get all irritated when they don't turn out and then take more and more.
Yup Tinkerbell has evaded me and left me frustrated on occasion. The one time I was ready .... she did not fly.

Quote:
Hahaha, the creepy Norway kid. You're absolutely right.

Quote:
When you said Drunk, I was like "I wasn't there, was I?!"

Quote:
I love listening to SE in another language!!!!!!

You can't ride Soarin' and NOT take a picture of Puddy. He's so awesome.
I was laughing so hard I never really did hear it.

Puddy is a great time check picture for me. From Entering to at gate.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #348
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I always wonder to myself who's winning in that picture of the pirate skeletons playing chess......
I might be imagining things but I thought I had read that the board was set up as a stale mate- neither dead skeleton could win.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #349
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
You need to at least get over there to wander around. Such a neat resort.
We have definitely been over there to check things out, but just have never been able to score any ressies there. But we will ..... someday. We stay at the Boardwalk on our next trip. LOVE that place !!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #350
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I might be imagining things but I thought I had read that the board was set up as a stale mate- neither dead skeleton could win.

That is what I think too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We have definitely been over there to check things out, but just have never been able to score any ressies there. But we will ..... someday. We stay at the Boardwalk on our next trip. LOVE that place !!!!
I just love the whole area. The only minus for me at the Boardwalk is no quick service inside the resort itself. When the kids were younger that was really an issue for us. Now not so much. Need to book a BWV stay.
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #351
Poolrat

While waiting for the Soarin FP to ripen a spin on Living with the land is in order.

Hidden Mickey Time

Flowers and Fruit.

I may have needed a miracle to get to rope drop.

Hey look more than just one!!!

HM

Time for the Soarin’ FP. With TT closed I was just not running around.

Trying to get the Mickey Ears

After a second flight over California it was time to go under the sea

No line so I could really take my time.

As usual, this is probably the only shot I got

MEMOM don’t look

A demonstration was going on. Even though I am around water all the time I actually have a slight issue with SCUBA equipment. I am NOT SUPPOSE to be able to breathe underwater so I really have a hard time relaxing. As a result I hyperventilate a bit.

Next time: Finish up that side of EPCOT. You know what that leaves.....
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #352
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

More fun in The Land! Love your pics from Living with the Land!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #353
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

MEMOM don’t look

Thanks for the warning. I scrolled through very quickly, as I saw the top of the tank. I am currently taking long, deep breaths to stay in control.

I was listening to Soarin' yesterday. I love the ride itself, but I also love the music to it. It just gives me the sense of glding along over the coast. Makes me smile.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #354
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

A demonstration was going on. Even though I am around water all the time I actually have a slight issue with SCUBA equipment. I am NOT SUPPOSE to be able to breathe underwater so I really have a hard time relaxing. As a result I hyperventilate a bit.

So, explain - did you have something happen scuba diving or is this just a phobia? Scuba diving has actually never really appealed to me because I have a fear of getting lost or getting stuck and running out of air.

Love all the hidden Mickeys (see, I read BEFORE work today).

Have fun in Disneyland!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #355
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I am only about a third of the way through your trip report...I was curious about your Disname... which you explained... (If your son starts swimming with a team in the summer and the fall into the winter...and all of that do you get to be an honorary Poolrat...or Poolrat Mom...? Anyhow...

I did read about your trip down and the billboards so I probably should have been warned...

but nothing could have prepared me for this:

Quote:

Here is the picture of the Doctor. He looks a little too eager to do his job.

The top part was the billboard. This ad goes way more in
depth than I would ever want

Dr. V.

OK... I was reading your TR... and drinking coffee ... (while waiting for the plumber to come... Hmmm...wonder when that will be...)

but

I should not have been reading and drinkng...

because

I had to clean up my keyboard after I choked out a rather larger gulp of coffee after seeing Dr. V...

OMG... Seriously?

So I'm going to put the cup down and go back to reading...

& I really hope your trip isn't horrible although it is an intriguing name...

(love Beach Club... staying there soon....)

Ok back to the program...
Old 09-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #356
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I love all of the pictures you got in the Nemo queue. I think it's so well done, and pretty under-rated as queues go.

Can't wait to hear what happened next!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #357
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hmmm... Still waiting for the plumber ... supposed to be here at 8 now 9.30...

Anyhow... so far your trip is very un horrible...

I loved your check in at Beach Club... I get that happy feeling too...

Loved your MK pictures... can't wait to see the new Dumbo...

I think it was quite funny that you thought at least the drunks doing shots were happy drunks... that is so true... a happy drunk is much better than the alternative...

Cute little Brave play area... I personally loved that movie... the brothers were so awesome in it... I happened to love Merida too because honestly... she's the only princess with truly curly hair... (the rest are straight naturally or have had a straightening process done...) Merida... now that's some serious curly hair... and red to boot...

Enjoying your tr... but maybe I should put the coffee down when I read it...
Old 09-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #359
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Nice job on the Hidden Mickeys!

TT being closed definitely made Epcot different, huh? But even with that, you can't possibly be considering going THERE next...can you?

Don't do it!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #360
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

I was behind a couple of updates but I caught up using your handy dandy links.

Love the pics in the new Fantasyland, too bad you can't see much in the air on the new Dumbo, maybe when it is complete there might be something to see?

I don't blame you for getting caught up in Illuminations, I love that show, and pics I take never turn out so I have given up on taking any and just enjoy the show.

LOL at your Japanese Spaceship Earth!

I have been SCUBA diving before in St Thomas, and I did enjoy it at first but I got messed up with the procedures to get the water out of my mask and I ended up panicking and almost drowning myself. That was scary, the instructor had to help me to more shallow water. I don't think I will be doing that again anytime soon...

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: