Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #331
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great pictures of your room. Love it and I am drooling over your incredible view! Wowsa!!!

What a great night in EPCOT! I agree that it is horrible that there is only one picture from Illuminations, but that picture is NOT horrible.

Did I miss you saying what that drink was that you got at the margarita stand? It was beautiful! And I bet, delicious.

I can understand how it might be hard to make a rope drop after a late night, even if you are just 5 MINUTES AWAY!!!
This trip was a trip of luck and lots of good luck at that.

I was so involved with IllumiNations that I got one shot off.

The Fiesta Margarita- All three of the frozen Margaritas, lime, strawberry, and mango. If you can avoid the dreaded brain freeze it is delicious.

Yup 5 minutes away and still did not make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Loving all of the BCV pics. We are hoping to rent points for BCV studio for our next trip. So glad to hear how you're enjoying it.

So far still not horrible...

I love that place.

Nope not horrible...... but somehow I still uttered those words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Not horrible! Heck starting the day seeing Puddy is not horrible!

Love that private entrance!!!
Used to think I had a thing for lighter hair and blue eyes. I think the dark hair is winning me over. Better track record.

The private entrance ROCKS.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #332
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Beautiful roses!!! I can almost smell them!

Missing rope drop by only four minutes isn't too bad. With a room at BCV, I would have taken even more time to get motivated. LOL.
I wasn't really sleeping in or just having a hard time getting a move on. I was just so happy and relaxed I was in chill mode. Yup BCV did that to me.

I get a little closer to those roses in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That's the way we felt when we stay at Animal Kingdom and at Wilderness Lodge. They were so welcoming and relaxing, and we were fine with just hanging out.

I am going to be borrowing that secret entrance for a few days in March thanks to Marc and Anita, and I am pretty doggone excited about that.

It was raining, and this was closed when we went by there, so the girls never got to enjoy it.

You will LOVE that short stroll to EPCOT. I know you will have many nice early morning walks around. So much to see.

I always feel so welcome but this trip in particular I felt like I was HOME.

Sorry the girls never got time to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Joining the party a bit late but happy to be here. Hoping to do a better job of keeping up this go-round.

Score on the room location! It looks like I will be your neighbor for at least a few days in Oct. Can't wait!!

I may have to try SE in another language too.

I have the links to help you get caught up.

I am even having a hard time keeping up. This is supposed to be my slow season.

Yes You will be my neighbor for a couple of days.

YAY for SE in another language. This may start a trend.

A couple of tequila shots or margaritas then SE in new languages. Sounds like a great time.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #333
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Cool playground. Beautiful roses, you camera captured them great. Doesn't sound too horrible yet, just nice and relaxing.
Such a wonderful time. Compared to some of my other adventures.... this trip was quite different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Those roses are incredible!! Gorgeous!
I always walk through the rose garden at EPCOT. Need to do it more often at MK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I agree !!! The FP time to return wasn't too bad either !! I am glad that we will have GAC so won't have to deal with the new FP rules !!!
Nope that morning was really light crowd wise.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #334
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Cute little fellas from Brave. I still haven't seen that movie.

Pretty rose pictures.

Gotta love the IG!
I have not seen Brave yet either.

IG is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
So you strolled into Epcot with no crowds (walked from the resort, by the way), got to enjoy WS atmosphere and then walked straight onto Soarin'? I'm not sure a day can start any better than that.

It was a great day!!!! So NOT horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Pretty horrible start - NOT!
Is that Brave area going to stick around a while? It looks cute.
That area was up for the summer. Usually something like that is up during Food and Wine and Flower and Garden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Aaaahhhh! The pics from your room at BCV take me right back there. I think we may have had that exact room (or one very close) last year. The view looks the same and I did really enjoy watching Illuminations from the balcony.

So far your horrible trip seems pretty great!! (BTW, very impressive about the rope drop time. We've never made it yet!)

559 - I will make the same request again and maybe this time I will actually use the view to watch IllumiNations.

This Horrible trip was horrible for such a different reason.

I may need to let that cat out of the bag soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
It was Splash Mountain, the ride was having problems most of the week. We we not allowed to take photos of our rescue.

Splash is bad enough and what I thought but then I thought Space and went
Considerig you said the top and I can only imagine having to get down from space.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #335
MEK
DIS Veteran

Whaaaaaaaaat? You missed rope drop! I can laugh because, truth be told, I missed it to!

Yeah for Soarin! I love the walk from IG to soarin!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #337
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

The funny thing about Splash Mountain was when we entered the door out of the ride we were only about 10 feet off the ground! We had to go down two short sections of steps to reach the ground!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #338
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Marking my spot in case I don't get back before I go to Universal on Thursday !!!!!!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #339
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Whaaaaaaaaat? You missed rope drop! I can laugh because, truth be told, I missed it to!

Yeah for Soarin! I love the walk from IG to soarin!

I can be across property and use transportation and make it half hour before rope drop and yet be a 5 minute walk and miss it?

The walk through the garden is so nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Yay for Beach Club. On my DVC bucket list. We haven't been able to score time there yet. Looking forward to reading more !!
You need to at least get over there to wander around. Such a neat resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The funny thing about Splash Mountain was when we entered the door out of the ride we were only about 10 feet off the ground! We had to go down two short sections of steps to reach the ground!
I guess that is a good thing. I probably should not say it but I am glad I have not had an evac off any ride. Watch now I jinxed myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Marking my spot in case I don't get back before I go to Universal on Thursday !!!!!!!!!!
Have a safe trip. I guess I will be gone when you get back and then we will meet up in EPCOT?
Old 09-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #340
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful morning!!

If you think those roses were beautiful, wait until we see the Flower and Garden festival!!

Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your day.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:05 AM   #341
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Have you spoken with your tumble monkey to see what the latest is with Festival of the Lion King? Is it just changing locations, or is it ***GASP*** going away forever!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #342
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Have you spoken with your tumble monkey to see what the latest is with Festival of the Lion King? Is it just changing locations, or is it ***GASP*** going away forever!
I had not heard this!! What is going on?

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #343
uncw89
DIS Veteran

WoW!! I'm so far behind....I didnt even know you had started this!!!!
I just saw the link in your siggie over on Memom's TR..looks like you started this when I was on my vacation!!! I'll try to catch up! Looks like you are getting ready for DL and WDW!!! Can't wait to hear about them and read this one too.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #344
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I had not heard this!! What is going on?
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-...-ending-22066/

Although with the dispute between James Cameron and the Imagineers, Avatarland may not happen, which will (hopefully!) save the Tumble Monkey's!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
jillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #345
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo, birds! I was right (it doesn't take much to make me happy).

I always wonder to myself who's winning in that picture of the pirate skeletons playing chess......

We're eating at the Plaza in November. I honestly have not eaten there since I was very young. I'm kind of excited.

Ooohhh, cinnamon bun the size of your head. Those are always a great choice for a snack.

I love the new theming in that area, I can't wait to see it. You always have enough time to take pictures!

That's weird that the CM at the BC looked at you funny when you said you didn't get the room number in the text. Like you were making it up or something.

I love getting caught up in the fireworks and not taking too many pictures. If I take pictures, then I get all irritated when they don't turn out and then take more and more.

Hahaha, the creepy Norway kid. You're absolutely right.

When you said Drunk, I was like "I wasn't there, was I?!"

I love listening to SE in another language!!!!!!

You can't ride Soarin' and NOT take a picture of Puddy. He's so awesome.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: