Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
laura74
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I hope you're just being clever with your title and the trip wasn't really bad.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV, March 13 BLT/BCV/AKV, May 14 BWV

Confessions of a Disboard Dropout

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #17
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Oooo Drama!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #18
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Am I first?

Horrible Trip? This has GOT to be good!!!

Certainly sounds like it is getting off to a horrible start, for sure!!! Pretty much standard for trying to get away on vacation I guess. That last day at work before leaving it ALWAYS seems like Murphy is working overtime!!!

I'm guessing it gets much better or you probably wouldn't want to relive it via a TR!!!

The title will be explained in its entirety. Some of the disasters right before the trip, some just the potential of disasters and some the final result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OHHHH just when I was about to be sad that the other TR ended you've started a fresh one WOOHOOO(now if only everyone would do that)LOL I have disney depression and 38 days can't come fast enough!!!

Glad you are here. I get through my in between trips by trying to re-live them. So it seems like I am always on one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Of course you are first...you cheat!

Hi, Pat. I'm here...just read your last update (which I now have to go back and comment on) on the holiday trip.

Great intro (love the photo of you with the balloon); can't wait to read this one.

Marv cheat .... never...

I took that picture at work ( my old facility, my new one does no do many parties, Mostly Seniors ) when those 2 huge Hello Kitty balloons came in for a party. That place I work at occassionally now so it is a treat for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in! Sounds like a horrible trip so far.

Jill in CO

I mean how horrible can Disney be??? I was ready just to be out the door for a week.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #19
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Hi,
The title got me so am coming along for the ride. I love getting a new phone. I am due in December and cannot decide between the galaxy, iphone or the razr coming out in October.

Looking forward to reading more.

Glad you came over. the new phone was not planned but necessary. I do have to say I am pretty darned pleased though. The razr is big, but so quick and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan123 View Post
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #20
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I've seen you around! We hang out at some of the same trip reports. I'm a Beach Club groupie, so I'm thrilled to hear you will be visiting during your trip.

I'm in!

Dee
Old 08-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #21
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
first page take that marv

nuts guess i should have seen who else replied first.

first page take that glenn.

now that i actually read it, good update, and sorry for your phone anticts, but looks like it worked out for you in the end.

Marv beat you this time. He must be stalking

Glenn has not checked in yet.

Getting out of town is always a horror show. The phone issue for me worked out to my advantage. I have getting ads for a new phone so this time I was happy to oblige them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore7360nc View Post
Hi, Pat I have read several of your trip reports and thought I would finally come out of lurkdom.

Glad to have you out of lurkdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Joining

Glad to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
A horrible trip to Disney ?? How can this be possible ??? And to have yours and Nebo's going on at the same time ?? Do we now have new meaning to "As the World Turns" ?? Can't wait to see what did - or didn't happen. I am still not convinced a trip to Disney can be horrible.

Horrible is so eye of the beholder.
Horrible in this sense is a combination of events leading up to the trip, the potential of problems and the horrible result that came with these problems.

Stayed tune for all to be revealed. Not that way.
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #22
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Here!!

Are you trying to give Cynthia a run for her money with all the pre-trip craziness?

When I read her craziness I think I told her I had some just like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura74 View Post
I'm in! I hope you're just being clever with your title and the trip wasn't really bad.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Can there really ever be a bad trip? This one had lots of potential though. You will have to stay tuned to fine out how "horrible" it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Oooo Drama!

The stage was set for some thats for sure.
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #23
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I've seen you around! We hang out at some of the same trip reports. I'm a Beach Club groupie, so I'm thrilled to hear you will be visiting during your trip.

I'm in!

Dee

Hi Dee,
I have seen you around too and am glad you stopped by.
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #24
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed your last TR, so I popped over to check this one out!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 08-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #25
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Title pulled me in. Can't wait to hear this story........
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages
Old 08-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #26
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I'm here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="4"]
Now as anyone can probably relate the last few days leading up to a trip can be a frenzy under normal circumstances. Cynthia(eandesmom) certainly can relate.
Why yes, yes I can! reading your update reminds me of some details I actually forgot. Selective memory?

Quote:
Poor guy is now working with another customer so I wait. He fiddles with the phone some more and reinstalls the update that pretty much crashed it to begin with and I start hearing noises. All the texts are now coming in SCORE.

I am back in business. I leave and go about my day. My phone is a rock star all day and working better than ever.

Tuesday June 26th
On the way home I realize it is acting up again. CRAP. Now it won’t recognize my sd card. I fiddle some more. I call up and yes I reboot the phone again. It is up…. Then it is back to not working.

About 8pm I realize it will not be better and I have to bite the bullet and get a new phone. I have no choice really – I cannot be away from home without a working phone. When I bought this phone I did it from Best Buy and got their buy back program free. Plus Verizon has been hounding me since I had a phone ready for an upgrade anyway. I head down there to spend 2 hours at the store.

tThere was a long line to wait and I could not shop while I waited since I had no idea how much that buy back program would help me.

At closing- they are almost locking the door behind me- I am walking out with a 4G Razr. The buy back kicked in giving me almost a free phone and another gift card on top of that. WHOO HOO. Crisis averted.
I forgot about the fact that this email I was trying to get out before I left, which involves more HTML coding than I like to do, kept having truncating issues. Which ended up being the fact that Mozilla decided not to work on my work computer. Didn't narrow it down to that until IT had had mine for a couple of hours, re-installed a bunch of stuff and I lost valuble time. I'm still having to default to Chrome which doesn't synch my xmarks right and I'm afraid as a result my bookmarks are breeding and multiplying.

for a new phone

Quote:
Wednesday June 27th
At work our fall brochure was due and we had major changes with a new swim lesson program to input.
Needless to say I was nervous about having it all done and part of it I was leaving in colleague's hands since I would be gone.
The question is, did it get done?

Quote:
1:45- I return a call. Someone who had a question about lessons, should be easy right? Wrong. The person had registered kids that she takes care of and did not get a receipt from our online system. You would think that would be easy to reprint. Not in our system.

Luckily I am one of the few people that can do it. Now I just need to make it work. Normally I can export them into a pdf and them attach as an email. Nope that is not working today. Finally I just print, scan them back in. Separately because I realize she will have to split them to send to the various parents anyway. She would have called me back to fix it had I not thought of it.
Scan them in and then send as an email. DONE.
Ok that was SO my last few minutes at the office. One person couldn't pull pictures out of a job submission. True, I'm the only one who can but NO ONE ever sends them with the online form. I mean maybe 5 times since I created the form! Better than happening while I was out though I guess. Another had no clue how to reformat a report template into legal versus letterhead.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #27
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I'm here but I have to get up to speed.

Ok I'm up to speed, but you had me on pins and needles. If it can go wrong it will. But I'm glad you got a new phone and you got on the road.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Last edited by vamassey1; 08-17-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #28
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

You had me at Horrible Trip... I gotta know more!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #29
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Love your TR's. Looking forward to reading another.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I sure hope there's another meaning to the word "horrible"!!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip! Sorry for all the hassles trying to get out of work! I find that whenever I set a time I need to leave by, that's the day that everyone needs something about 5 minutes before that time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: