Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #256
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OOOHHHH adventureland!!!!if it was me I'd by pass everything n hit POtc first then do what I missed as I make my way back to POTC i love argh!!!!

Old 09-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #257
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

A fine day in the MK

I left you here. Guess where that is yet?

Yes the Tiki Room – It was starting soon and I figured why not.

After that it was Time for another adventure, a Pirate adventure.

Lots of editing to get this even to halfway decent.

We want the redhead.

With the pirate booty safe in Johnny Depp’s hands I head to Frontierland for the wildest ride in the west.

It was only 11:20am.

What to do while waiting?? Splash of course.

The line was not real short but it kept moving. Probably 45 min from end of line to end of ride.

HM

The cannon did NOT soak me this time. But somehow going down the hill the water came up and over the boat and soaked me in the back. I always seem to get it one way or another.

Continued NEXT POST

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #258
Poolrat

Time to use the FP and a great ride it was.

Then over to HM and since I had already done the interactive queue opted for the fast side.

I kept trying to get her with her eyes open but no luck.

The only picture I ever seem to get in there.

Construction photos. With Dumbo gone, no way to get those high shots anymore. On the bright side, there is a new Dumbo to ride so I grabbed a FP.

Which were located near Philharmagic.

I finally got this right.

Wandering in to the shop.

Then it was off to lunch. Where might you ask? I had to break in the new TIW card.

I had an ADR at the Plaza. No pepper girl and much less noise this time.
I still had the same thing and actually remembered a picture this time, after half was done.

And Marv I think I found your HM at the Plaza.

It was hot and about 2:00 or so and I was hot. I needed something sweet for later so I ducked in here to get a goodie.

Head toward the train station that voice, you know the one that pops in your head to remind you that you forgot something? Yeah that one. Dumbo FP. CRAP. Hot and a bit tired but not to miss out, the train , the train. Yes the train was an option but looking at the FP and the newly enforced FP windows I was nervous. I did not want to make it all the way over there to be denied.

That would be Horrible.

Train was pulling into the station and soon we were all on our way. We made the required stop by Splash and then on to the newly renovated and named Fantasyland station.

Yes I am in rush but still can’t help myself.

Yup even time for this.

There is that voice again- Hurry up , take those later.

Sadly I never made it IN that bathroom.

Horrible I know.

I made it up to CM and explained I was at lunch and….

Continued Next Post....

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #259
Poolrat

No problem!!! See NOT Horrible

Using the FP did not allow me to actually see the stand by games.

So I attempted shots from here. Not just clouds but with trees and the new angle not too much to see.

I thought this was cute

Another new One

More Construction

More views of the new Fantasyland

I took the train back around and then headed out the gate to the monorail and then to the tram.

Not having to wait for a bus during what is called “shuttle time” and buses are not frequent was NOT horrible.

It was here I discovered a text from Disney

Your resort room is ready! Stop by the front desk for your room number. Have a magical day!

Can't wait to go back
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #260
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Pat, I LOVE your dress...you look so pretty.

Glad Goofy was working.

Now explain to me how you got a discount on the TIW? We're buying AP's and a TIW card when we get there next Saturday

I would never have guessed MK...and you driving it.

I'm guessing the Tiki Room as well.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #261
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OOOHHHH adventureland!!!!if it was me I'd by pass everything n hit POtc first then do what I missed as I make my way back to POTC i love argh!!!!
I head that way I think most of the time. Of course there is a Pirate ride there for you.
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #263
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Pat, I LOVE your dress...you look so pretty.

Glad Goofy was working.

Now explain to me how you got a discount on the TIW? We're buying AP's and a TIW card when we get there next Saturday

I would never have guessed MK...and you driving it.

I'm guessing the Tiki Room as well.
Thanks - When I walk in with a dress now staff just says " there goes summer Pat"

I will have a new AP in Oct so I am curious who I will get and I am keeping the envelope for good luck.

Go to Guest Services and they can sell you one. Once YOu have your AP they will give you the Ap discount. $75 instead of $100.

I think this trip I will keep people guessing.

Tiki room up and the rest of the morning and afternoon too.
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #264
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

It was hot and about 2:00 or so and I was hot. I needed something sweet for later so I ducked in here to get a goodie.

This totally reminded me that I need a do-over on one of these babies in October. Yummy!

I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't know you could get FPs for the new Dumbo. Good to know because I must ride that in October, for research purpose and all.

You got some great photos of the construction and the new Fantasyland.

Oh - and no pepper girl!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #266
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm lovin' your pictures of the new Fantasyland area!

Are you using a different camera on this trip?

I really rushed through there Don't think I ever made it back over there. I will put it on the Oct, list.

Same camera Canon SX30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
This totally reminded me that I need a do-over on one of these babies in October. Yummy!

I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't know you could get FPs for the new Dumbo. Good to know because I must ride that in October, for research purpose and all.

You got some great photos of the construction and the new Fantasyland.

Oh - and no pepper girl!
Put it on the list - high up on the list.

New Dumbo has FP and I am hearing that many attractions will be offering the new rfid FP system or xpass or next gen fp whatever they are calling it.

Hooray for no Pepper girl. I did not have a bad experience last time but this time was MUCH better.
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #267
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Yay for POTC love in there!!!!

Old 09-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #268
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

July 1 was a sad day for me. 'Twas the last day of my annual pass. I went out with a bang, though, as my last ride was on Splash Mountain - the one where we got stuck! The Laughing Place (along with Anita's and Jennifer's boys) definitely gave us some laughs that night.

It will be so nice to see Magic Kingdom without walls and cranes again when that time finally comes. It's going to be fabulous and huge!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #269
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry we never crossed paths. The rain did not help us this trip. I am sure we were so close to each other but never collided.
Same here! We will have to try and meet up the next time we are both down there.

Love all the shots from the new Fantasyland! Can you believe that we never made it over there??? I guess when we do, we will get to see lots of new stuff!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #270
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Wow! You got alot done already! I'm glad the FP police didn't come after you for being late! Looks like your check-in and room text went very well! Gotta love DVC! Now let's see if you got your request...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: