Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #241
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!

I'm in! Looks like a frickin blast!!!!!

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Old 09-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #242
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Surprised me too!

Love your dress and pose. Looks like the first attraction is the enchanted tiki room.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #243
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a pretty dress!!!

MK. Did not see that coming!

I hope goofy really is ok and continues to stay that way.

No more new management?

Thank you. I really like that one and it may come with me in Oct

Yup No One guessed MK.
I think MK was a low crowd prediction and with theholiday and outside EMH nights worked best. I already had the car waiting to go and not parked so it worked.

I am happy to report the Goofy did indeed make it the whole trip. By the oct trip I will have a new AP. I am saving that envelope - it is magic.

No more new management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
Hey Pat,
I was a few posts behind but I'm all caught up now. You had me cracking up with the Dr. V sign. The only reason I like to see that sign is that I know we're getting close to WDW when I see it on our drives down.

Loved the pole dancing dinos, and the sunset pic at AK, you sniffing the lobby of the BC and your princess pose on Main Street! (your dresses in both pics are so pretty)

I was just looking at your previous trip reports about the side effects of the annual pass and I can totally relate. I got an AP last year when I ran the WDW Marathon and then the Princess 1/2. We ended up driving to WDW 5 times in 2011. I must say I feel sad that I haven't run a Disney race since last year. I wanted to run the ToT 10-miler when we are there in a few weeks but I waited too long to make up my mind but alas, the race sold out.
The AP is a dangerous thing - the next step in enabling my addiction to WDW is DVC I guess and your trip reports aren't helping...
Glad you caught up.

Good old Dr. V. First time I saw him I think. Well I know because the last time I drove I was with 2 girlfriends and I KNOW if either one of them saw it I would have remembered.

First partial day was wonderful- got so much done it was great.
I really had my "summer collection " out during that trip.

The side effect is Horrible. add in DVC and couple that with addonitis for DVC and you can have a trip every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It's always fun to have a hand in training a new cast member.

We saw the Sorceror stuff being done, but we didn't do one ourselves. Brooklynn didn't really seem too interested. Maybe she will be in another year or two - if it's still around.

Main Street....can't wait to see it decorated in orange in four weeks!
I have had a hand in training many CMs. If I see them fumble a bit I usually just relax and settle in. I have learned to say - hey I taught you something new when they apologize. All part of the training.

I did get some cards but <spoiler> never did play. Totally forgot about it.
I need to get more cards and rememebr to take mine back in Oct. MAYBE I will remember to actually play. And it wont be a million degrees and crowded.

I am lucky to see DL and WDW decorated for Fall and Halloween. Less than 3 weeks and 5 weeks for me. You are leaving on the 12th right? That is the day I will be driving down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Sigh, I'm so busy with my to 10 (2) list) I haven't listed F&W stuff specifically at all! Do have some Halloween stuff on the list.

Better look at that too.
Being that everything is new to me for DL I am all over the place trying to make sure I don't forget a small detail and I certainly don't want to forget a huge one.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #244
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
I'm in! Looks like a frickin blast!!!!!
Glad you are around for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Surprised me too!

Love your dress and pose. Looks like the first attraction is the enchanted tiki room.
Funny, In my mind MK made perfect sense after I checked in. I guess since I already had to get in the car to drive to BCV, why not just keep going.

That pink dress is one of my favorites.

Another fab guess on the attraction
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #245
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I didn't officially make my guess, but I thought for sure you were going to Epcot. Maybe us DISer's shouldn't think so obviously.

Monorail peach. That's such a funny color to me for a monorail.

Monorail should always win the coin toss.

I think you have the same luck with AP's that I do. Seriously, I have the same problem constantly. However, mine this time is Donald and I REFUSE to give him up. At least you ended up finding out yours really wasn't demagnetized.

I love your dress, it's so pretty. I'm going to say you're going to see some birds.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #246
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I am lucky to see DL and WDW decorated for Fall and Halloween. Less than 3 weeks and 5 weeks for me. You are leaving on the 12th right? That is the day I will be driving down.
13th. What time do you plan to get there on the 12th? I think you and Anita and I had talked about a quick meet. We'd love for you to see Sophie, of course.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #247
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm going to have to make sure I keep a list updated of all the DISers to watch for in October. I'll keep an eye out for the cute pink dress!!

If only I were flying down - I could be there on the night of the 12th. Instead, we will be in the car until the evening of the 13th. You'll have to say hi to Memom and the gang for me...

It sure would be easier to guess where you were headed if we knew the park hours, crowd numbers, EMH, etc...
Old 09-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #248
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Glad you got your Goofy card working fine!
Pretty dress!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #249
MEK
DIS Veteran

It is definitely the cleaner they use that produces that distinctive smell. Now if I could just find out what that cleaner is, then all my bathrooms could smell like disney world. How cool would that be?

I have a Goofy AP too and we seemed to have a lot of problems with our APs not working right. Well, everyone's but Nick's. His worked great.

Love your MK pictures and you do have the cutest dresses!

More please!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #250
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here, Pat, but it looks like I have some catching up to do.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #251
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I didn't officially make my guess, but I thought for sure you were going to Epcot. Maybe us DISer's shouldn't think so obviously.

Monorail peach. That's such a funny color to me for a monorail.

Monorail should always win the coin toss.

I think you have the same luck with AP's that I do. Seriously, I have the same problem constantly. However, mine this time is Donald and I REFUSE to give him up. At least you ended up finding out yours really wasn't demagnetized.

I love your dress, it's so pretty. I'm going to say you're going to see some birds.
It is funny that we all think alike. One October trip - beginning of F&W and race weekend I notice whee ever I went there was a crowd. I quickly realized there were a lot of DISers or other fan meets and such. Everywhere I knew to avoid crowds it was crowded. I had to think like a first timer and then I was fine.

As for peah I think they were stretching the monoral colors. Maybe they should have gone with yellow green?

My poor AP. The first one was Mickey and he held out until the last trip. This time boy - every trip at least once I have been in Guest services getting a new one. I think I have had everyone.

Thanks on hte compliment on the dress. I was trying something new and I think I really like it most times.

Birds are close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
13th. What time do you plan to get there on the 12th? I think you and Anita and I had talked about a quick meet. We'd love for you to see Sophie, of course.
I goofed. I actually have a POP room for the 13th before I go to BCV. I do have to work the 12th and I am not sure if I will take off from work and drive as fara as I can and just stop for the night or go home pack up and then leave predawn and drive straight through.

What time do you get picked up on the 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I'm going to have to make sure I keep a list updated of all the DISers to watch for in October. I'll keep an eye out for the cute pink dress!!

If only I were flying down - I could be there on the night of the 12th. Instead, we will be in the car until the evening of the 13th. You'll have to say hi to Memom and the gang for me...

It sure would be easier to guess where you were headed if we knew the park hours, crowd numbers, EMH, etc...
I printed out the list from FB for my notes. I have at least 18 of us.

That dress is one of my favorites.

I will be in the car too. I some flexibilty since I only booked BCV for the 14-19 and got a discount room at POP on either end. I guess I could drive straight through and then nap in the parking lot. :

I can't let all the secrets, what fun would that be?
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #252
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Glad you got your Goofy card working fine!
Pretty dress!
Goofy was good!!!! I was worried. Not close to a snit but worried.

That dress is one of my favorites.
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #253
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It is definitely the cleaner they use that produces that distinctive smell. Now if I could just find out what that cleaner is, then all my bathrooms could smell like disney world. How cool would that be?

I have a Goofy AP too and we seemed to have a lot of problems with our APs not working right. Well, everyone's but Nick's. His worked great.

Love your MK pictures and you do have the cutest dresses!

More please!
I think I have been through the whole gang this year on APs.

I agree with you on the cleaner, maybe another task for Oct. Find out the cleaner.

I really had a dress thing going this summer.
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #254
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm here, Pat, but it looks like I have some catching up to do.

I knew you would make it over when you came up to breathe. I know you have been busy.

Glad school is getting into a groove for you.

Sorry we never crossed paths. The rain did not help us this trip. I am sure we were so close to each other but never collided.
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #255
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to go back

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: