Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #226
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh I'm sure I'm missing at least 3. Lol

I know what you mean, OKW had me before I got there. I think a lot of it had to so with the fact it was the home resort i wanted, and was only swayed by those darn treehouses lol. Vero and AKV, not giddy quite at check in at least.
I need to make my list of things not to forget at Food and Wine.
I only have a week turnaround so I guess on the plane home I need to plan the next voyage.

BCV had me so giddy you would think I was twelve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817 View Post
I'm a new reader. I also love Beach Club. Can't wait to hear more! Stop by my pre-trip report sometime.
I will need to stop by your PTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
What a good feeling!
Always is whether you drive on or arrive by ME. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
HOME at last! What a feeling that must be. Some day I'll be a DVC owner too! hahaha
I was extra giddy. You would have thought I was with Prince Charming on my honeymoon I was so giddy.

Resale prices are great right now!!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 09-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #227
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Great choice for your first night drink! I have never used Disney transportation. Car all the way for me!
Hey - Any drink at Disney is a good one for a first choice.

I like Disney Transport so I don't have to think too much or really watch my drinking. The waiting for the busses or boats can get to be a bit much and navigating out of a park at closing can be interesting but I love most of the music on the busses. POP wins but I have a feeling OKW would be just as nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
So when checking in at Beach Club villas, do you check in at the regualr beach club desk? I am staying at the villas for 3 nights in Nov...and I guess I never thought about where you check in at.
I think this was answered but yes at the regular counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Disney bathrooms do have a certain smell. In Feb we stayed at a DTD hotel our first night and walked to DTD. Of course when we got there we had to stop in the restrooms, the ones by WPE. As soon as I walked in it hit me. I knew that smell and knew I was back. I tried to explain this to my niece who had never been.
They do - I would like to think it is just the cleaner but I think the cleaner with the air freshener makes the Disney bathroom smell unique.
It is a hard thing to explain and yes I get "the look" when I try to explain it to non Dis Dorks.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #228
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
OOPS! I missed your AK update!

You did a lot in a very short amount of time.

Great safari! Love the pictures. The one of the headless cheetah is

There are monkeys on the safari???

Fantastic picture from Everest- I'll take that over the ride photo any day.

I will never be able to look at those naughty dinos at PW the same way again.

Who knew parking lot photos could be so fun- gorgeous sunsets and exotic birds. Escapees from the park or locals?
Looking back I di get a lot done in about 40 minutes.

There are Mandrills but they are usually hiding. I think I saw them once?

You can thank Rosie for the pole dancing dinos.

I was wondering if those birds were trying to escape or invade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Can I tell you how happy this update made me!

I'm alway excited when someone shares the love for the Beach Club/BCV or the Yacht Club!

Others have guessed you are headed to EPCOT, which is an excellent guess, but I'll say you go to checkout Stormalong Bay.

@ jenseib- I know your question was not meant for me, but I'll field it anyway. Yes, you check in for the BCV at the BC check-in desk.
I so the BC.. The location, the service, the pool. AAHHHH

A guess for Stormalong Bay.

Thanks for fielding the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thank you very much!
Glad you got an answer quickly.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #229
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I forgot to guess! Ok I'm going with....friendship boat to DHS (just to be different since most are going with Epcot). TSM FP for later, first ride ToT
1 for DHS with details.

hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Oh the Beach Club...sigh..... I was in love the first time I stepped in that gorgeous place!

Mary Ellen, I know exactly what you mean about Disney smells. I bought some new shampoo & I swear it smells just like Saratoga Springs. I was instantly transported.

Another BC lover.

Disney smells are some of the best ones. Such great memories attached to them.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #230
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You should be giddy...you deserve it. Where to? I'm thinking Epcot since you can now walk over.

Another vote for EPCOT. I was looking forward to checking in but it exceeded my expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
cute dress!!!
Thanks It is part of my "summer collection" This year I anticipated a very hot summer and well doing Disney in July, I picked up lots of summer dresses to help keep me cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Frankly, it is just HORRIBLE that you did not take pictures of your Hampton Inn breakfast. Horrible.

You should be ashamed.
I am I think you are catching on a bit to all the HORRIBLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
On the other hand,
With your description of your arrival at BCV, I'm giddy too!!! I love all the fabulous Disney smells. That's the stuff they should be making into air fresheners!
I love your sniffing picture!

I'm guessing Epcot since you're nice and close. It's early - maybe Soarin'?

Another vote for EPCOT. I think I actually found a yankee candle for a beach smell that comes close.
The Disney lotion is REAL close so I sniff that if I need a fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
I am so excited to find another person who enjoys the EWP as much as I do!! (I don't think my family shares or understands my enjoyment of this simple nighttime parade) We stayed at BLT last year with a lake view room and I could see it every night.

Also love, love, love Beach Club. We stayed there last year and will be there again in January (thanks DVC!!). We can't wait!!

EWP is from my first visit to the Comtemporary. It is really a simple concept but I can always remember my mother calling me to the window to watch every night.
It is my must do. :

BCV is the bomb!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
You're home!

Love the sniffing picture.

I think you're headed to Epcot too.
It was like you are walking back into your childhood home!!! :

Another vote for EPCOT.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #231
Poolrat

Not sure why yours didn't " quote" with the others. You are just trying to be difficult HUH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Maybe they can put out a dish with peas instead?
Those premade breakfast things just look nasty. I was happy with my nopeas waffles.

Quote:
That's a low bar. I'm pretty sure Pennzoil is better than Nescafe.
I guess it is but I will drink the stuff they put in the rooms. Actually I will drink the nescafe too but I don't like it.

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation!
It does look a bit funny doesn't it. It was a good smell really.

Quote:

Yup thats how I felt. Like this too.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #232
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Ahhhhhhhhhh the Disney smell! 'Taint nothin like it!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #233
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhh the Disney smell! 'Taint nothin like it!
You got that right!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #234
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking in !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #235
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just checking in !!!
I got a picture of your Pole dancing friends.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #236
Poolrat

Is Goofy Good ....or Bad???

So I just GOT BACK IN THE CAR after checking in.
Several guesses for EPCOT or DHS or even Stormalong Bay.

NOPE

I hit the road again and head to MK and the TTC at 9:35am

Parked in Simba and a tram was coming.

First time heading to the TTC via tram.

Lo and behold the new Peach monorail was approaching the station.

Monorail won the coin toss Here comes Light Blue.

Now time would tell.

But Remember Goofy? My AP. Who was sequestered in his own pouch since all my APs become demagnetized?

I slide Goofy in and wait...... NOTHING the CM has to scan it to let me in.

Goofy let me down at the gate.

I ask the CM if it was demagnetized and she replied yes.

So my first ride would be Guest services.

I hop into Guest services to be helped right away.
A young man who was earning his ears and the one helping him.

I needed a TIW card as well, so the stop was necessary either way.

I ask him to check my AP and he tells me it is fine- not demagnetized. WHOO HOO GOOFY is GOOD.

I get my TIW with the AP discount and I am on my way fast. The CM earning his ears had not done one before so I taught him something new.

Not Horrible.

I make it as far as the Firehouse since I wanted to pick up Sorcerer cards. That was also painless and easy. It also comes with a little training video. I am all set and ready to go.

Walking down Main Street USA

I stop for a PP. The CM made me do the “Princess pose”

Which way do I head and which is the official first “ride” of the day?
Here is a hint.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:20 AM   #238
JessietheNCCowgirl
Yeehaw!

Hey Pat,
I was a few posts behind but I'm all caught up now. You had me cracking up with the Dr. V sign. The only reason I like to see that sign is that I know we're getting close to WDW when I see it on our drives down.

Loved the pole dancing dinos, and the sunset pic at AK, you sniffing the lobby of the BC and your princess pose on Main Street! (your dresses in both pics are so pretty)

I was just looking at your previous trip reports about the side effects of the annual pass and I can totally relate. I got an AP last year when I ran the WDW Marathon and then the Princess 1/2. We ended up driving to WDW 5 times in 2011. I must say I feel sad that I haven't run a Disney race since last year. I wanted to run the ToT 10-miler when we are there in a few weeks but I waited too long to make up my mind but alas, the race sold out.
The AP is a dangerous thing - the next step in enabling my addiction to WDW is DVC I guess and your trip reports aren't helping...
Port Orleans-1992 & 1994 CBR & POFQ -2000 Coronado Springs-2001 Polynesian-2003 AKL & GF- 2004 WL & GF 2006 POFQ -2007 CBR-2008 Polynesian-2009 POR Aug & Oct 2010 POR Jan 2011, CBR Feb 2011, POFQ Aug 2011, POR Oct 2011, ASMo Dec 2011, Polynesian Feb 2012, Pop & POR May 2012, AoA and Yacht Club Oct 2012 BWI & YC Aug 2013, Poly Oct 2013, YC May 2014, BWI July 2014
Old 09-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #239
MeMom
DIS Veteran

It's always fun to have a hand in training a new cast member.

We saw the Sorceror stuff being done, but we didn't do one ourselves. Brooklynn didn't really seem too interested. Maybe she will be in another year or two - if it's still around.

Main Street....can't wait to see it decorated in orange in four weeks!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #240
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I need to make my list of things not to forget at Food and Wine.
I only have a week turnaround so I guess on the plane home I need to plan the next voyage.
Sigh, I'm so busy with my to 10 (2) list) I haven't listed F&W stuff specifically at all! Do have some Halloween stuff on the list.

Better look at that too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: