Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
jennstew73
Earning My Ears

Just Back - amazing trip

I am just back from an amazing mother/daughter trip to the world celebrating my daughters 15th birthday. We had an amazing time and both witnessed and experienced so many magical moments.

We arrived at Pop Monday morning by 11 and our room was ready with both my requests filled (I used online check in). I was lucky enough (thanks to the disboards) to change up my tiered fast passes the day of the glitch. Our fast passes were as follows, Monday evening at Epcot - Test Track, Soarin and Spaceship Earth. Tuesday at HS - RNR (1 at 10am), TSM, TOT in afternoon at 1 RNR at 7pm (dd rode by herself both times) Wed. at MK - Peter Pan, Pooh, and Space all in the afternoon. Thurs at MK - BTMRR, Pooh, Little Mermaid. We didn't wait more than 10 mins for a fast pass ride including BTMRR when it had cued up before the first scanner. All our standby waits were less than 20 min except for BTMRR on Thurs we wanted to ride it twice so waited 40 min standby then used our fp+ and we waited an hour for Tiana and Naveen Wed evening, we had fun in line and the interaction was worth it.

Overall our trip was amazing we arrived for rope drop at HS and MK both days. HS opened 15 min early. We rode TSM, TOT, Space, BTMRR and Peter Pan multiple times plus a bunch of other rides, we had great interactions with both CM's and characters. Merida and The Tremaines were amazing. Even though I only booked 3 months in advance I kept checking for reservations and was able to book a dinner at BOG and a breakfast at CRT. The dinner was amazing, the breakfast was good but you are definitely paying for the atmosphere, they don't give you much food.

I loved not having to run around and gather paper fast passes, we never had a problem with our magic bands and we used them for everything including memory maker. We were able to meet Rabbit with Pooh yesterday and also heard that Thumper was out at AK. Thanks to Kenny we enjoyed meeting some rare characters at Characterpalooza such as Bolt, The Queen, The Queen of Hearts, Jafar, Tweedledee and Tweedledum plus a bunch more.

The only things I would change would be to take away the tiering and give us a 4th fast pass with the ability to book them at more than one park. I was sorry I missed the Mine Train but loved the new parade. This was my 5th trip and I still can't wait to go back again, hopefully March 2015

Jenn S
Old 03-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
jenninaustin
Mouseketeer

Yea! Welcome home from one Jenn to another. (I also have a 15 year old dd! Well, a few weeks away from 15...)

Love reading all of this - makes me excited for June!

But our June 2014 visit was
Trip Report:June 2014 - "Ok, Mom...we'll let you meet a princess..."

Jenn
JennspirationTs
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
deserrai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennstew73 View Post
I am just back from an amazing mother/daughter trip to the world celebrating my daughters 15th birthday. We had an amazing time and both witnessed and experienced so many magical moments.

We arrived at Pop Monday morning by 11 and our room was ready with both my requests filled (I used online check in). I was lucky enough (thanks to the disboards) to change up my tiered fast passes the day of the glitch. Our fast passes were as follows, Monday evening at Epcot - Test Track, Soarin and Spaceship Earth. Tuesday at HS - RNR (1 at 10am), TSM, TOT in afternoon at 1 RNR at 7pm (dd rode by herself both times) Wed. at MK - Peter Pan, Pooh, and Space all in the afternoon. Thurs at MK - BTMRR, Pooh, Little Mermaid. We didn't wait more than 10 mins for a fast pass ride including BTMRR when it had cued up before the first scanner. All our standby waits were less than 20 min except for BTMRR on Thurs we wanted to ride it twice so waited 40 min standby then used our fp+ and we waited an hour for Tiana and Naveen Wed evening, we had fun in line and the interaction was worth it.

Overall our trip was amazing we arrived for rope drop at HS and MK both days. HS opened 15 min early. We rode TSM, TOT, Space, BTMRR and Peter Pan multiple times plus a bunch of other rides, we had great interactions with both CM's and characters. Merida and The Tremaines were amazing. Even though I only booked 3 months in advance I kept checking for reservations and was able to book a dinner at BOG and a breakfast at CRT. The dinner was amazing, the breakfast was good but you are definitely paying for the atmosphere, they don't give you much food.

I loved not having to run around and gather paper fast passes, we never had a problem with our magic bands and we used them for everything including memory maker. We were able to meet Rabbit with Pooh yesterday and also heard that Thumper was out at AK. Thanks to Kenny we enjoyed meeting some rare characters at Characterpalooza such as Bolt, The Queen, The Queen of Hearts, Jafar, Tweedledee and Tweedledum plus a bunch more.

The only things I would change would be to take away the tiering and give us a 4th fast pass with the ability to book them at more than one park. I was sorry I missed the Mine Train but loved the new parade. This was my 5th trip and I still can't wait to go back again, hopefully March 2015

Jenn S
So glad you had a good trip. Mother/daughter trips are my favorite! I've done several over the years with my now grown daughter and have started all over again with my four year old.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
5Hfan
Mouseketeer

so glad you had a great trip!!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
PrincessJo
Mouseketeer

So glad you had a magical trip!
Nov 2010 (Caribbean Beach Resort) -- Nov 2012 (Villas at Wilderness Lodge) & Universal (Hard Rock Hotel) -- Jan 2014 (Boardwalk Inn) -- Sept 2014 Universal (Royal Pacific) -- Nov 2014 (PO French Quarter)

Magic, March 9-15, 2013 (Western Caribbean)
Dream, Nov 21-24, 2014 (Bahamas)
Old 03-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJo View Post
So glad you had a magical trip!
Very nice to hear a positive report about FP+!

So the parks weren't very crowded, huh?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #7
Freezing Maine Mama
Earning My Ears

Glad to hear about a good trip. I liked FP plus too. Could have a few improvements, but I love not running around for paper FP.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #8
PirateFish989
Searching for the right shoe that will lead me to my Prince Charming

My boyfriend and I were there last week and we loved FP+ and magic bands too! Do glad you had a great trip! My mom and I are planning a mother/daughter trip for September 2015 and I can't wait!
Old 03-14-2014, 05:59 PM   #9
gilltrooper
Mouseketeer

So nice to hear some positive comments on FP+ & MB's !!!!! My DW & I will be there in October for our honeymoon ! It'll be her 1st visit .. I've been going since 1981 !!!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #10
jennstew73
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSpaceshipEarth View Post
Very nice to hear a positive report about FP+!

So the parks weren't very crowded, huh?
Compared to Christmas, which was the last time I went, no. By the afternoons it was crowded but if you do your research and plan well then it's easier.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #11
jennstew73
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilltrooper View Post
So nice to hear some positive comments on FP+ & MB's !!!!! My DW & I will be there in October for our honeymoon ! It'll be her 1st visit .. I've been going since 1981 !!!
I know what you mean, after reading some disboard posts I was getting nervous that things were going to be a real mess but it was the total opposite.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: