Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #181
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
With the recent losses, I did not "lobby" some of our vendors for tickets as I felt our season was essentially over (boy was I right).

I agree we need Dallas to finish strong.

BTW, I went to Soldier Field to see the Bears / Seahawks game last week (work related boondoggle) and I have to say they run a classy operation at Solider field - not like most NFL stadiums... 'cept for my Superdome.
Soldier Field has da Bears but NOTHING beats da Dome!!!!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #182
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

All caught up and you are all done! What a trip. You really did enjoy the island, I'm going to be using this as a major reference when I get to actual planning. I am bummed that you had such a poor meal at Ama Ama though. I had heard the drinks were lousy (at the resort in general) so have made note of that but sad that the meal was a bit on the sub par side as well. Thank you for all the wonderful details of your adventure!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #183
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
All caught up and you are all done! What a trip. You really did enjoy the island, I'm going to be using this as a major reference when I get to actual planning. I am bummed that you had such a poor meal at Ama Ama though. I had heard the drinks were lousy (at the resort in general) so have made note of that but sad that the meal was a bit on the sub par side as well. Thank you for all the wonderful details of your adventure!
Thanks for the kind words. I am glad I was able to offer some help. Others have praised Ama Ama so maybe we went on an off night. For my money, I would go to Roy's if I had to choose between the two for a nice night out. I hope you have a great time!

PS - I'm enjoying your TR. I'm more of a lurker than a poster but it's been great!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Old 12-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #184
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Beuller? Beuller? Bueller?

Hmmm...not much activity on this TR...guess I need to wrap it up this weekend.
Sorry I have been MIA! It seems 3 weeks away makes for a difficult time catching up!!

Quote:
Saturday – September 8th

She asked where we were from and we told her Mississippi…who’s ever heard of Petal, right? She then told us that before she moved to Hawaii, she lived in a small town in Mississippi that we probably never heard of…Petal!!

(Continued in next post)
That is so cool! What a small world!!!

Quote:
(Continued from previous post)

What a great TR and you have me wanting to go so badly now!! Beautiful, gorgeous pictures! And the spa session sounded amazing.
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #185
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
That is so cool! What a small world!!!
This kind of stuff happens to me all the time. I've been in an airport in Atlanta and see an old fraternity brother; a salesperson stops by my office and it turns out I knew her mother-in-law from when I lived in Natchez 20 years ago; my son and I are at a Saints game and we recognize one of the Saintsation cheerleaders as someone he went to high school with and babysat my daughter! Yup...a small world after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
What a great TR and you have me wanting to go so badly now!! Beautiful, gorgeous pictures! And the spa session sounded amazing.
Thanks Tink. It was a great trip. DD and DSiL are at Aulani right now on their delayed honeymoon. You gotta talk Keith into going once the kids are out of the house. The couples spa was....well....there's nice and there's REAL nice....it was REAL NICE!!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #186
MagicFan75
Mouseketeer

Awesome trip report! Thanks for all of the photos. We just booked our trip to Aulani for October. Even though we have a couple of really awesome trips before then, its hard not to already be looking forward to Hawaii.

One question, was your 1-bedroom villa a standard or a garden view? Thanks!!

MagicFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #187
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicFan75 View Post
Awesome trip report! Thanks for all of the photos. We just booked our trip to Aulani for October. Even though we have a couple of really awesome trips before then, its hard not to already be looking forward to Hawaii.

One question, was your 1-bedroom villa a standard or a garden view? Thanks!!
Thanks for the kind comments. Aulani is Disney and Hawaii combined so it had to be great!

Our 1 bedroom was a Standard view. The studio was a Pool view.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #188
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Not sure how I missed this when it was happening but hopped over this morning after seeing the shout out from Cynthia aka eandesmom.

Thank you for sharing your trip and for all the helpful tips!! Traveling to Hawaii is just a dream for me right now but I am dutifully filing all of these tidbits away in the event I can make it a reality.

The resort really does look amazing and, other than the traffic , I'd say the island really lives up to the very definition of paradise!

By the way- sounds like I may see you at BCV in Oct for F&W! YUM!!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #189
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Not sure how I missed this when it was happening but hopped over this morning after seeing the shout out from Cynthia aka eandesmom.

Thank you for sharing your trip and for all the helpful tips!! Traveling to Hawaii is just a dream for me right now but I am dutifully filing all of these tidbits away in the event I can make it a reality.

The resort really does look amazing and, other than the traffic , I'd say the island really lives up to the very definition of paradise!

By the way- sounds like I may see you at BCV in Oct for F&W! YUM!!!
Thanks Christine! I'm glad you enjoyed the TR. That place is definately a paradise!! When are you going to be at BCV for F&W? We will be there from 10/19-10/27.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #190
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Just read through your whole TR. What a great trip! Sorry about the migraine and speeding ticket.

DH & I are heading to Aulani in September and your TR was a great help. Thanks for sharing!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #191
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Just read through your whole TR. What a great trip! Sorry about the migraine and speeding ticket.

DH & I are heading to Aulani in September and your TR was a great help. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the kind words Jennifer. I'm glad you enjoyed the TR. Y'all will have a great time at Aulani....Disney and Hawaii? It has to be great!!

Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #192
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

So I'm a little late....ok....WAY late Very glad you popped in on my TR...otherwise I would have missed this report!! The last time I was in Hawaii was in 1999....ages ago. Looking forward to reading about y'alls vacation at Aulani.

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #193
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great TR!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #194
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
So I'm a little late....ok....WAY late Very glad you popped in on my TR...otherwise I would have missed this report!! The last time I was in Hawaii was in 1999....ages ago. Looking forward to reading about y'alls vacation at Aulani.

Heather
I hope you enjoy it. As you can see from the TR, it had been 30 years since we were in Hawaii...things have changed a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great TR!
Thank you ma'am!

Last edited by saintstickets; 06-21-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: