Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Hong Kong Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #31
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Day4-Part 2

Then we went to see the Golden Mickeys. The talking wasn't in English, although there were subtitles on screens on the side, but the songs were all in English. I enjoyed the show! (See the purple umbrella with the lace below...thats what I dragged the girls around trying to find. No luck though)

And once again, I apologize for the quality of my pictures...I have a hard time taking pictures that are far away where people are moving

There were songs from Toy Story

Hunchback of Notre Dame

Tarzan

Mulan

Lilo & Stitch

The Little Mermaid

And my fav, Beauty and the Beast

Then we rode Space Mountain. It was a little disappointing. It was similar to ours but sat 2 side by side. And there weren't really any drops, it just curved around.

Then we went on the Jungle Cruise. There were 3 separate lines. One for English and 2 other languages. It was one of the longer lines that we waited in.

There were a lot of similarities, except it went to the left, there was no temple, and there was a fire scene.

We couldn't really understand the skipper even though it was in English. It didn't seem like there were really jokes, just more informative.

Then we stopped by the Royal Banquet Hall to check out the food but decided to just take of pictures of the princess statues instead. So pretty!

There was also this little area that had Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs statues.

After that we used our fast passes for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.

Up next...a ton of parade and show pictures
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #32
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Well I can't see the pictures in that post, but I think your pictures so far are just fine

The Royal Banquet Hall was one of our first stops, and I just loved the theming with all the princesses - took quite a few photos in there! They did a nice curry too

I really enjoyed the Golden Mickeys too - now hanging out to go on a cruise so I can see the full show in English

We must have had good luck with the Jungle Cruise because we had no trouble understanding our skipper and enjoyed the usual corny jokes... I've heard a lot of people complain about the language barrier with this one though so it must depend on who you get as a skipper.

You know what after 4 days in the park I had no idea that HK had fastpasses Maybe they only bring them out for the busy times

I really enjoyed the parade - can't wait to see your photos!

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #33
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Well I can't see the pictures in that post, but I think your pictures so far are just fine

The Royal Banquet Hall was one of our first stops, and I just loved the theming with all the princesses - took quite a few photos in there! They did a nice curry too

I really enjoyed the Golden Mickeys too - now hanging out to go on a cruise so I can see the full show in English

We must have had good luck with the Jungle Cruise because we had no trouble understanding our skipper and enjoyed the usual corny jokes... I've heard a lot of people complain about the language barrier with this one though so it must depend on who you get as a skipper.

You know what after 4 days in the park I had no idea that HK had fastpasses Maybe they only bring them out for the busy times

I really enjoyed the parade - can't wait to see your photos!
Lol..thanks! I am sooo getting one of those really nice cameras whenever we have kids though.

We were hoping to eat at the hall, but we just weren't hungry yet!

I didn't know the Golden Mickeys were in English on the cruise line..just another reason that I need to go now!

I'm glad you had a good experience with the Jungle Cruise!

Maybe FP is new in the park?

And I really enjoyed the parade too!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #34
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Day4-Part 3

After the AstroBlasters, we watched the Flights of Fantasy Parade. I liked the music and there were some neat floats.

Then we stopped in a store and I got a cute shirt with Mickey dressed as Prince Charming & Minnie had a princess dress on.

Up next...the Festival of the Lion King Show
Old 08-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #35
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Ooh! Wish I'd stepped inside the Banquet Hall now. Looks real pretty in there.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #36
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Ooh! Wish I'd stepped inside the Banquet Hall now. Looks real pretty in there.
It was!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #37
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Day4-Part 4

We headed to the Festival of the Lion King.

It was very similar to ours except there wasn't a trampoline part (its been a while since I've seen ours, but the last time I saw it, there was a trampoline) but there was a fire twirling part instead. These pictures are really bad. I was going to post a whole bunch like I did for the parade but they are too terrible so I'll only post the ones that aren't completely horrible.

There was one meet and greet part for princesses kinda by the castle and every single time we went by, they were just closing off the line! So when I saw Belle, I had to snap a random picture anyways.

We stopped by Flying Saucers Snacks for dinner. I got a corn dog & waffle fries. I only like ketchup as a last resort for fries (prefer honey mustard or ranch dressing) and saw that there was a mushroom cream sauce I could get. I did have to use ketchup for the corn dog though because there was no mustard. It was pretty good.

Then we went on Stitch Encounter. It was not like ours at all. It was more like Turtle Talk with Crush or Laugh Factory. Stitch talked to a little boy first, then a man. The he called "last row, fourth person over"--which was me! Gulp! But I ended up having fun and I got to hold the microphone. Stitch asked me my name, then he asked if I had a boyfriend. I said no but that I had a husband. I had to say it several times because he didn't hear me after I said the NO part. He said that he could still be my boyfriend since I didn't have one. He said I was so pretty. He said he was going to name the uncharted planet after me and asked how to spell my name. He got it wrong but I said it was close enough. He kept asking me if it was right and I finally got that I needed to say No, that it was wrong. When he went to change it, he deleted the whole planet! He asked if I forgave him and I had to repeat after him saying "I forgive Stitch. He's cuter than my husband". Then he took off and at the very end he said that he loved me. I loved it! I loved the attention!

Then we went shopping briefly. I found a polo for my husband but didn't have time to buy it because the fireworks started. We didn't have time to get up close like I wanted so I didn't get good pictures. But I enjoyed the show. I thought the music was better than Wishes but not the actual fireworks. It was called "Disney in the Stars" Fireworks.

Then Cori went to get my shoes out of the locker and I went to buy my hubby's shirt. Then we headed to the bus. I thought the line would be really long but it was quick. We picked up our luggage and got two taxis to our next hotel which was the Holiday Inn Golden Mile. It was $220 HKD for us. THe hotel was really nice and the room looked nice but it was so humid there that the duvet and sheets were damp. So yucky! And there was a strong gross perfume smell. I wished we had stayed at the Disney hotel like Cori and I wanted. They didn't have the damp problem!

Up next...Day 5
Old 08-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #38
PrincessInOz
in

You got picked for the Stitch Encounter? Congrats!
My DS really wanted to get picked. He went 3 times but no such luck.

From where I"m sitting, that room looks nice. But then I don't have to worry about the damp sheets and perfume smell.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 08-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #39
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You got picked for the Stitch Encounter? Congrats!
My DS really wanted to get picked. He went 3 times but no such luck.

From where I"m sitting, that room looks nice. But then I don't have to worry about the damp sheets and perfume smell.
Awww...he could have had my spot! And the room was nice and the bed would have been comfy if it wasn't damp!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #40
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Day 5

Yup..just typed this thing up and was almost done and I somehow got rid of it all so here I go again...oh boy!

Cori and Rebecca were up super early again so we got up to run. We ran on the Avenue of the Stars, which was along the water. This is where there are handprints and stars. As we were running, these two ladies waved us down with their cameras. We thought they wanted us to take a picture with them but Nope! They wanted a picture WITH us! We thought this was hilarious! We ran our 30 minutes. It was soooo hot!

We came back and showered. Meredith and Rebecca went to get Dim Sum but Cori and I weren't that hungry so we went to Starbucks. We both got a chocolate danish which was a chocolate croissant. I also got some prawn crackers which were interesting and surprisingly good but boy did they stink!

We ate back in the room and headed out to go to Victoria Peak. We took the subway and then had to walk some. We took a tram up this really steep hill.

At the top, we went to this lookout. It was pretty.

There was also this wishing heart where you write your love wish on a heart and hang it up.

Then we went to Jungle Juice and got smoothies. They were DISGUSTING! I got the chocolate monkey and it tasted like chalk. Bleh!

Then we walked around and I went into New York Fries. I got fries with cheese sauce, bacon and sour cream. Yum! Much better!

We walked around and shopped some.

Then we took the train down (you had to ride backwards down the steep hill). We stopped at the room really quickly then we headed out shopping. We stopped first at the Jade Market. I got one of the lions like what is outside of the Great Movie Ride and a black necklace. Then we went to the Ladies Market. I was looking for an umbrella like the ones we had seen the day before at Disney. But I couldn't find any. My feet hurt so bad and I had a sharp pain in my leg. I hoped I didn't do anything to it.

We stopped back at the hotel room for about a 30 minute break. Earlier in the day I had noticed this sign back by a wall that said "Tropical Cyclone Signal No 1 is hoisted" but I just thought it was back there for storage. But nope. When we stopped back by the hotel, we saw this sign posted on a main board.

Yup! A tropical cyclone was headed our way! We hadn't even heard about it coming at all!

We headed to the iSquare shopping mall across the street to look for an umbrella and to eat dinner. We found one that was a little like one I wanted but it was $30 USD and wasn't perfect so I didn't get it. We decided to eat at toi.

They had rice pizzas where the rice was baked to make the crust. It sounded great in theory. I got the Tempura Ebi with Thousand Island Sauce Pizza.

I saw in the picture that there were red and green peppers so I asked them to leave them out. Yeah, not only did they leave them on, but they added wasabi sauce. This wasn't in the picture or title (the other pizzas had them in the title so I thought I was safe). I couldn't eat much of it. The cheese on the rice was good though.

Rebecca's came with these good shots and a dessert.

Cori's pizza was crazy though. She's super picky but there was a chicken teriyaki one, which she likes, so she got it. They brought it out and there were these thin, cripsy pieces moving. They were seriously waving back and forth, curling and uncurling. They really looked like they were moving. We tasted it. Meredith thought it tasted like bacon and I thought it tasted like smoked ham. Cori surprisingly tasted it (she hates bacon and considers any food with bacon in it contaminated). She decided her whole pizza was contaminated. We asked what it was and the waiter said fish. We were shocked that there would be fish on a chicken pizza with no warning. What if someone was allergic to seafood? (And somehow in this craziness, no one got a picture!!) Cori got mad and went off to get other food.

We left to go see the light show, the Symphony of the Lights on the water of the Avenue of the Stars. But Tropical Cyclone Doksuki was in full effect. We stepped outside and there were HUGE gusts of win. We could hardly walk. I've been in plenty of tropical storms here in Florida and I never remember the wind being that bad. We headed over to the Avenue of the Stars and it started to rain. It was really crowded. We could see the lights on the buildings moving but there was no sound. Turns out the show was cancelled due to the weather. It was really windy so we headed home.

As of 10:50pm, we were worried about flying out the next day. There were postings about the storm and we got a notice under our door that a Typhoon Signal 8 was going to be posted overnight. Hopefully we would fly out to Tokyo the next day! (and this was our 2nd natural disaster of the trip!)

Coming up...do we make it out to Tokyo or does Doksuki keep us in Hong Kong?

Last edited by belle2211; 08-25-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #41
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Day 6

We knew tropical cyclone Doksuri was hitting overnight so we got up really early to give us plenty of time--at 4:45am! We took the taxi to the airport to catch our 8:30am flight. There was no one on the roads and the weather wasn't that bad. It was pretty cloudy but not too bad. Rebecca's flight was at 10:30am but she was trying to get on our flight. (We had booked this through Orbitz and she booked hers though Expedia. The flight time changed so we only had 30 mins for a layover. Expedia changed her flight like a month before. Orbitz on the other hand let us know 72 hours in advance and we had to scramble to get our flights changed. Orbitz was HORRIBLE and wouldn't do anything to help us. Luckily Air China was very helpful. We will never be using Orbitz again).

Anyways, our flights kept getting pushed back and back. And because our flight was delayed, the airline gave us a voucher for food when we had checked in earlier without us even asking. What great customer service! We ate at a little cafe and I had a cheese, egg and bacon mcmuffin.

Our 8:30 flight finally took of at 11:20. Rebecca made it at the last minute. We were served breakfast. I chose scrambled eggs with ham, broccoli and onions, potatoes, a croissant, and fruit (watermelon, dragonfruit, and some pinkish fruit that we didn't know what it was).

The flight was uneventful to Bejing. We had to get off of the plane on the runway using stairs and it was neat to be that close to the plane (we had to get on the next plane that way too). The security there is really strict though. The flight out to Tokyo was delayed too. Our 4:40 flight left at 6:30. So we had a lot of sitting around to do.

Rebecca sat in the row before us and there was a really obnoxious older guy sitting next to her. We were served dinner. I had seafood (mystery seafood) and rice, a roll, yogurt, a crab potato salad, and a dessert we had never seen before. Kind of like a cheesecake/mousse/flan.

We had arranged for a van to pick us up since we had so much luggage. Such a great decision. We were staying at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay right by Disney. Vuong was in the room waiting for us.

Up next...Tokyo TR!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #42
PrincessInOz
in

Nice pictures of you at the Peak. And I'm sorry that you had a cyclone to deal with. What was that rice pizza like? I looked at that place to eat and in the end my DS wanted to go eat noodles instead. I would have liked to have tried it.

Sounds like you had a long day travelling from HK to Tokyo. Looking forward to the Japan part of your trip.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #43
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your latest updates

Kinda sux that there was a cyclone, but at least it wasn't on your Disney day Sounds like the airlines were well prepared and a bit flexible as well which is always helpful.

When you do Stitch, can you specify that you *don't* want to be picked to interact with him? If you can't, I think I'll skip this one again... I hate attention!

Speaking of which, we also had some Chinese girls ask us for a picture, and we also thought they wanted us to take a photo of them. We got the surprise of our life when one of them came and stood between us while the other one took the photo I have blonde hair so I suppose I shouldn't have been so surprised to have something like that happen.

Looking forward to your next instalment - I've heard great things about Japan and I think it will be my 2015 park (unless I can swing an earlier trip)

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #44
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nice pictures of you at the Peak. And I'm sorry that you had a cyclone to deal with. What was that rice pizza like? I looked at that place to eat and in the end my DS wanted to go eat noodles instead. I would have liked to have tried it.

Sounds like you had a long day travelling from HK to Tokyo. Looking forward to the Japan part of your trip.
The cyclone wasn't really too bad...we were just amused that it was our luck that it was the second time we were flying out in a tropical storm. Honestly, none of us really liked the pizzas. The rice part was okay but the toppings were all of kind of odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Enjoying your latest updates

Kinda sux that there was a cyclone, but at least it wasn't on your Disney day Sounds like the airlines were well prepared and a bit flexible as well which is always helpful.

When you do Stitch, can you specify that you *don't* want to be picked to interact with him? If you can't, I think I'll skip this one again... I hate attention!

Speaking of which, we also had some Chinese girls ask us for a picture, and we also thought they wanted us to take a photo of them. We got the surprise of our life when one of them came and stood between us while the other one took the photo I have blonde hair so I suppose I shouldn't have been so surprised to have something like that happen.

Looking forward to your next instalment - I've heard great things about Japan and I think it will be my 2015 park (unless I can swing an earlier trip)
I'm not sure if you can specify not to interact with him. We all thought it was like the one here and that was a preshow so weren't paying too much attention at the beginning. We got lots of attention in Japan too. I definitely think you should do Japan. While my heart will always belong to WDW, I think Tokyo Sea might tie for the top of my list!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #45
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Here is the link to TR--Girls' Trip to Asia--Next Stop: Tokyo!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: