Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
Delrea
Mouseketeer

Where to park and how much at Port C

Departing on a 7 night in Nov. We'll be driving in. Where should we park and how much should we be prepared to pay?
Thanks!
Delrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

We always park right at the port (Canaveral). As far as I know, it's still $15 a day, but I heard they were thinking about lowering the price. Here's hoping...

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
We always park right at the port (Canaveral). As far as I know, it's still $15 a day, but I heard they were thinking about lowering the price. Here's hoping...
With 7 cruises down & 3 more scheduled, we too have always parked at the Port as well. I know it cost more than other lots in the area, but it's fast, easy & the convenience is hard to beat.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It depends on what you want. Parking right at the cruise terminal will cost you $120 ($15 per DAY X 8 days....yup, the partial days count)

Park and Cruise (off site)...check current rates on line. It is either $5.99 or $6.99 + tax, and they sometimes have specials for $4.99. Great service, locked/fenced area. Complimentary shuttle to/from the port.

Some hotels are offering coupons for 40% off terminal parking...makes them look better. Other hotels have parking at their location (free with stay or charged, depending on the hotel and the package booked).
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
linco711
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
It depends on what you want. Parking right at the cruise terminal will cost you $120 ($15 per DAY X 8 days....yup, the partial days count)

Park and Cruise (off site)...check current rates on line. It is either $5.99 or $6.99 + tax, and they sometimes have specials for $4.99. Great service, locked/fenced area. Complimentary shuttle to/from the port.

Some hotels are offering coupons for 40% off terminal parking...makes them look better. Other hotels have parking at their location (free with stay or charged, depending on the hotel and the package booked).
I agree...park n cruise..no need to spend more....
linco711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

I've done 12 Disney cruises so far. The first 9, I parked at Port Canaveral. On the 10th (last October), we tried ParkNCruise. Yes, you will have to wait a few more minutes to get to the ship, and to get back. But, you will save a lot of money. One time when I parked at ParkNCruise, we unloaded our bags, I paid, I parked the car and got directly on the bus, and we left within a couple of minutes. Personally, I'm glad there are people that still like to park at the port. That means there's less people at ParkNCruise.
BigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
luv34747
Earning My Ears

one of the off site parking lots has been in the news lately, and not for a good reason:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/parkin...ers-car/nNM6q/
luv34747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
sweetiee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv34747 View Post
one of the off site parking lots has been in the news lately, and not for a good reason:

We were actually down in Orlando this past summer when this story ran on the news. I haven't seen this named establishment mentioned on here lately so hope they are not in business.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
loricdietzel
Mouseketeer

If you are staying overnight the Best Western, La Quinta Inn, and one more (can't remember the name!!) offer a 40% off coupon for parking at the port which makes it close in price to the lots further out and you get the convenience.
loricdietzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv34747 View Post

Long gone altho in a curiously unwise bus' decision another company has opened a lot at the same location using a very similar name. I dunno what they're thinking . . .

There are at least 6 places with $5.99 parking within a 5 mile radius of the port - all with shuttles

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: