Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
kdaniels16
Earning My Ears

Excursions for younger kids.

We have two 4 yr olds (somewhat reserved) and a very adventurous 6 yr old in our group. Can anyone give us tips on excursions? I know a lot of them have an age limit and that will narrow down our choices but we are able to take the older without the younger ones.
Our ports are Costa Maya, Cayman, and Cozumel but I'm happy to have tips from other ports since the a lot of the excursions are similar.
kdaniels16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
Happy100
Mouseketeer

In cozumel we took our then 5 yr old to Nochi Cochum (sp???). We all loved it. It is a private beach club and it was very inexpensive. My son loves to snorkel and play in the sand so beach type excursions are perfect for him. Grand Caymen we did Captain Marvins stringray and snorkel trip. We all loved swimming, holding and kissing the stingrays and snorekling. Haven't been to Costa Maya so can't help you there.

Since there is an age limit on a lot of excursions you will be limited but a beach/snorkel excusion is typically a big hit with the kids.

Disney Wonder 8/24/15 "Finally Gold"
Disney Fantasy 3/29/14
Disney Fantasy 12/15/12
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 2/12/12
Disney Magic 7 day Western 10/16/10
Disney Wonder 4 day Bahamas 8/22/09
Happy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
FAIREST1OFALL
DVC Member, DL and WDW AP, DCL newbie

My boys are 5 & 6 and we're dong the Mr. Ray's Stingray at Castaway Cay, a snorkel adventure in St. Thomas/ St. John and the Castillo San Cristobal with youth activity in San Juan, PR.
FAIREST1OFALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
Golden Rose
Princess by Choice

We've had good luck with Chankanaab in Cozumel. They are one of the places with dolphin interactions available, and our 7 year old was incredibly excited about getting to hug and kiss and swim with a dolphin. Even if you aren't interested in paying extra for the dolphin interactions, they have a great beach, a small sort of tidal/wading pool that had a lot of fish for not very good snorkelers to enjoy, a seal lion show, and palapas to rest under. Food is not included, but what we ordered did turn out to be surprisingly good. (Slow, but good.) We're going back on our upcoming cruise. My DM now insists that she isn't ever going anywhere else from now on when we dock in Cozumel.

In Grand Cayman we've liked the turtle farm best with young kids. We haven't tried to do the sting rays with them, and are waiting until our kids get older. Getting to see lots of turtles, and pet or even hold a sea turtle, has been a high point for us. (This will be our DD's first time to Grand Cayman, and we're planning on the turtle farm again this trip, actually.)

We haven't been to Costa Maya. We're leaving DD in the nursery and DH and I are going to ruins. DM is taking DS to the beach, and then coming back to pick up DD and taking her for a little while too, if she feels up to it. DD is very small, fast and fearless, and she is hard to keep an eye on. DM didn't want to spend the whole day chasing her. We gave DS the choice of beach or ruins, and he had a hard time making up his mind because he enjoys climbing around on ruins, but he also loves the beach. Right now he thinks he wants the beach, but we've told him he can change his mind if he wants to.

(me) (DH) (DS 8) (DD 3) (4 cats) (52 fish) (and a frog)
Golden Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: