Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #106
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
Not all do your feet have to dangle there are suspensed coasters that have car "that look like buckets" and never go upside down. Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens Williamsburg was one of them until last year when they tore it down. RIP BBW
Actually You have it all wrong

Suspended coasters are coasters where you are sit in a car and the car is suspended from the track and able to swing back and forth

Vortex at Canada's Wonderland is a good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cICqP9N1eHc

http://rcdb.com/g.htm?id=8

An inverted Coaster is where the track is above the trains and your feet hang.

A good example of this is the Dueling Dragon's (or whatever it's called now) at IOA

http://rcdb.com/g.htm?id=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlGPcjif04Y

Alright. Any questions?

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #107
Epcot Freak
Earning My Ears

I cant see them changing rock-n-roll and tot! Tot just a few yrs ago they redid! And the hat i cant see them gettin ride of but everything else is fine with me!

2002 Fort Wilderness,2005 Fort Wilderness,2007 Fort Wilderness,2009 Fort Wilderness,2010 Fort Wilderness,2011 Pop Century
[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/]
Epcot Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #108
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASteelersMidget View Post
Actually You have it all wrong

Suspended coasters are coasters where you are sit in a car and the car is suspended from the track and able to swing back and forth

Vortex at Canada's Wonderland is a good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cICqP9N1eHc

http://rcdb.com/g.htm?id=8

An inverted Coaster is where the track is above the trains and your feet hang.

A good example of this is the Dueling Dragon's (or whatever it's called now) at IOA

http://rcdb.com/g.htm?id=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlGPcjif04Y

Alright. Any questions?
Then I had it right google Big Bad Wolf and see the pictures that come up and how they are the same as the ones you just posted (For the suspensed coaster). In fact you first link in the comments is being compared to Big Bad Wolf. The previous person before me said your feet have to dangle I said they did not.

Its my own fault tho for posting from my phone so not wanting to type out a whole big long paragraph.

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #109
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
Then I had it right google Big Bad Wolf and see the pictures that come up and how they are the same as the ones you just posted (For the suspensed coaster). In fact you first link in the comments is being compared to Big Bad Wolf. The previous person before me said your feet have to dangle I said they did not.

Its my own fault tho for posting from my phone so not wanting to type out a whole big long paragraph.
Not how it looked off to the rest of the interwebs but yes BBW was suspended. It was also an amazing ride but that is now neither here nor there.

Anyways If the MI door coaster materializes it better not be a Vekoma SLC. They are known for being the most painful coasters to ride.

Also To semi-quote extreme makeover home edition

"MOVE! THAT! HAT!!!!!!!!"

Old 08-23-2012, 01:27 AM   #110
101disneyfan
Waiting for Avatar, Star Wars, Pixar Place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo2Disney View Post
When I started reading through the article I just couldn't help but think with every new paragraph that they are just putting together every rumor that has been said on boards much like this one over the past number of years all into one article.

There just seems to be wayyy to much work going on here for one park, especially since Avatar is the next project in line and won't be done until 2016. Also I'm sure cars land would be cool, but the main attraction in that land is basically already at Epcot in Test Track. No reason to have the same type of ride in two different parks with a different theme. Just doesn't make sense to me.
What about Dumbo vs the Flying Carpet?
Don't get me wrong, I love Test Track, but it would be better for the crowds in my opinion...

Walt Disney World September 23-25, 2005 CBR, October 6-9, 2007 MNSSHP (Video), June 23-28, 2013 (Video)
101disneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #111
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coozieman View Post
Pretty interesting article here:

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9719

Consider the rumor mill open for business!

God i hope this is true, this is the one park I only go to, once every 5 years as I am so disappointed with it each time I go. I really want to love this park but it really needs this badly
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #112
MattM
DIS Veteran

Re: Iger mentioning that major capital spending projects were concluding, you have to put the word "major" in perspective. A major revamp of a current park adding a whole new land, building the second of two massive new cruise ships, the beginning phases of a whole new Disneyland in another country, plus the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history in the Fantasyland expansion.

It makes Avatarland and a possible Hollywood Studios update seem like not so big a deal.

For what it's worth.
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #113
101disneyfan
Waiting for Avatar, Star Wars, Pixar Place...

Idea for Layout of Park. Now, DHS is a timeline of the Walt Disney Studio in Hollywood.

The front entrance leads to Hollywood Blvd, and eventually to Crossroads of the World, which sevres as the new icon.

The Backlot Tour is revamped to now be themed, The Making of DHS theme park and a History of the Walt Disney Studio.

The front of the park will be the 1920s and 30s featuring Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie Mouse, Daisy, Chip, Dale, and others.
Attractions will include:
Mickey's Country House
Minnie's Country House
The Magic of Disney Animation
The Entrance to the Backlot Tour
Disney Mania Show (from Magic Kingdom, circa 1990s)
Mickey Mouse rollercoaster
Chef Mickeys (imported from the Contemporary)
Meets and Greets with Classic Characters.

This section will also include Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs characters, with the WDW return of "Snow White's Scary Adventures," along with a 25 minute version approx. of the Disneyland Snow White Show.
Meet and Greets will be held outside the theatre with Snow White, the Prince, The Queen, Dopey, Doc, and the others.

As we approach the second section of the park, we run into the 1940s at the Walt Disney Studios.

Attractions and character dining will be based on the following.
-Pinnochio
-Fantasia
-Bambi

We now approach the 1950s with Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, amongst several others. Each decade will be featured along the format of "the 1940s".

The 1960s and 1970s will be grouped together. This is the final "land" as we are now approaching the park's new icon, Crossroads of the World, where you can find rare character appearances. Directly behind Crossroads of the World will be a two story building with three floors. Floor 1 will be an updated version of the Great Movie Ride, now titled, The Wonderful World of Disney and will feature Walt Disney through various times in his career (Beginning of the studio, Release of Snow White, Meetings with Mary Poppins creator PL Travers... etc, the opening day of Disney Land...) The second floor, will be a character dining experience with the Disney Villains along the lines of the dinner formerly presented at 1900 Park Fare. The top floor will be Walt Disney One Man's Dream.

To the left of the decades will be the 1980s and 1990s and the Disney Renaissance- themed restaurants, attractions, shows, and meet and greets.

To the right of the decades will be Walt Disney Pictures in the New Millenium with Disney Channel themed attractions, as well as The Emperor's New Groove, Chicken Little, Enchanted, Tangled and others....

Behind the Disney 2000s section will be Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
Behind the Disney Renaissance section will be Jim Henson characters, rides and attractions.
Behind Crossroads of the World, between The Muppets and Indiana Jones will be the PIXAR place, including Toy Story Mania and others.

Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller will be featured on opposite sites of the park to influence the crowds and not send them all running down one road at once.

Several of the character meets will include FASTPASS as Mickey Mouse in Town Square on Main Street USA currently does.

Here is a diagram (made on Paint, so sorry if it looks basic) to provide a visual aid.

Walt Disney World September 23-25, 2005 CBR, October 6-9, 2007 MNSSHP (Video), June 23-28, 2013 (Video)
101disneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #114
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101disneyfan
Idea for Layout of Park. Now, DHS is a timeline of the Walt Disney Studio in Hollywood.

The front entrance leads to Hollywood Blvd, and eventually to Crossroads of the World, which sevres as the new icon.

The Backlot Tour is revamped to now be themed, The Making of DHS theme park and a History of the Walt Disney Studio.

The front of the park will be the 1920s and 30s featuring Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie Mouse, Daisy, Chip, Dale, and others.
Mickey's Country House
Minnie's Country House

This section will also include Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs characters, with the WDW return of "Snow White's Scary Adventures," along with a 25 minute version approx. of the Disneyland Snow White Show.
Meet and Greets will be held outside the theatre with Snow White, the Prince, The Queen, Dopey, Doc, and the others.

As we approach the second section of the park, we run into the 1940s at the Walt Disney Studios.

-Pinnochio
-Fantasia
-Bambi

We now approach the 1950s with Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, amongst several others. Each decade will be featured along the format of "the 1940s".

The 1960s and 1970s will be grouped together. This is the final "land" as we are now approaching the park's new icon, Crossroads of the World, where you can find rare character appearances. Directly behind Crossroads of the World will be a two story building with three floors. Floor 1 will be an updated version of the Great Movie Ride, now titled, The Wonderful World of Disney and will feature Walt Disney through various times in his career (Beginning of the studio, Release of Snow White, Meetings with Mary Poppins creator PL Travers... etc, the opening day of Disney Land...) The second floor, will be a character dining experience with the Disney Villains along the lines of the dinner formerly presented at 1900 Park Fare. The top floor will be Walt Disney One Man's Dream.

To the left of the decades will be the 1980s and 1990s and the Disney Renaissance- themed restaurants, attractions, shows, and meet and greets.

To the right of the decades will be Walt Disney Pictures in the New Millenium with Disney Channel themed attractions, as well as The Emperor's New Groove, Chicken Little, Enchanted, Tangled and others....

Behind the Disney Renaissance section will be Jim Henson characters, rides and attractions.
Behind Crossroads of the World, between The Muppets and Indiana Jones will be the PIXAR place, including Toy Story Mania and others.

Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller will be featured on opposite sites of the park to influence the crowds and not send them all running down one road at once.

Several of the character meets will include FASTPASS as Mickey Mouse in Town Square on Main Street USA currently does.

Here is a diagram (made on Paint, so sorry if it looks basic) to provide a visual aid.
Wow, you've certainly put a lot of time into this plan. Sounds like a well-thought out plan, but I'm sure things like rnrc and tot would never be moved. And what would you do for any new films that were released? I think DHS has limited space for expansion, it seems like the smallest of all the parks by quite a bit, so maybe the acreage just isn't there?
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #115
Disneyfreak44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101disneyfan View Post

Mickey's Country House
Minnie's Country House

-Pinnochio
-Fantasia
-Bambi

That was impressive but it would take so long to move either rnrc or tot that it may be even worse for crowd control but i'm not saying your plan is a bad one
Most recent trip was to Walt Disney World we stayed at Caribbean beach and got to experience mymagic+ and the Magic Bands and it was awesome!
Disneyfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:59 AM   #116
rileyspaw
Earning My Ears

Need to make it happen. Most of the scenes on the GREAT MOVIE RIDE aren't familiar to anyone under 30!!
rileyspaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #117
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyspaw View Post
Need to make it happen. Most of the scenes on the GREAT MOVIE RIDE aren't familiar to anyone under 30!!
That's really not that true. I went with my High school during my junior year and everyone could name the movie all of the scenes were from. Sure the montage at the end is hit and miss but it is the ride that is an homage to what the park is supposed to be. You really can't get rid of it.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #118
Peace Mickey Lovers
Mouseketeer

I hope at least some of this comes true. this is only a 1/2 day park for us now. And the one we choose to miss if we take a short trip.

[DH: RIP 5/12/11:MEDDDD:stitch
Peace Mickey Lovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #119
Bree89
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwingeeyore View Post
It's a shame that they can't come up with something original.

I'd be much more interested in an entire Pixar land than a clone of Cars land. Was hoping for something different. If they are going to retheme the current Pizza Planet, they could put in a new restaurant or two based on the Pixar movies and include a Pixar Character meal, put in the Monster's Inc coaster, move the laugh floor over to DHS, put in an UP or Incredibles motion ride, retheme the HISTK play area to Bug's Life, and still add the racers or something from Carsland, without the whole land.

Oh well, I guess they know what they are doing. I'm sure people will like ANYTHING new at DHS.
I agree with the idea of a pixar land! That would be really sweet, especially the Monster's Inc. rollercoaster and the Pixar character meals. I think that's better than having a whole part of the park dedicated to just Cars. Maybe a Cars Go Kart Ride could appear in the Pixar land.

On another note, I'm sad about the Beauty and the Beast Show being cancelled I wish they could just move it to MK instead of completely scrapping it...

Giving it another go in May 2014!
Bree89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #120
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99 View Post
I'm on for everything EXCEPT Tangled The Musical. The songs weren't memorable and I don't think it deserves a show, especially replacing a classic movie like Beauty and the Beast.
please don't take away beauty and the beast!! hubby and I love it!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: