Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #91
jmm476
DIS Veteran

If this is true, I think the updates would be fantastic! Just one question - if they replaced GMR facade with Carthay Circle/Theatre, what happens to the Carthay Theatre already in the park?
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #92
Disneyfreak44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwingeeyore View Post
It's a shame that they can't come up with something original.

I'd be much more interested in an entire Pixar land than a clone of Cars land. Was hoping for something different. If they are going to retheme the current Pizza Planet, they could put in a new restaurant or two based on the Pixar movies and include a Pixar Character meal, put in the Monster's Inc coaster, move the laugh floor over to DHS, put in an UP or Incredibles motion ride, retheme the HISTK play area to Bug's Life, and still add the racers or something from Carsland, without the whole land.

Oh well, I guess they know what they are doing. I'm sure people will like ANYTHING new at DHS.
That is so true Cars Land in California has a ton of magic and I feel it would lose a lot of that magic if it was duplicated a pixar land would be great people would love it.
Most recent trip was to Walt Disney World we stayed at Caribbean beach and got to experience mymagic+ and the Magic Bands and it was awesome!
Disneyfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #93
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
All sounds good to me! Can't believe they would really get rid of the sorcerer hat though. Surely they could find a way to reimagine it into something new!
Good riddance to that monstrosity". It was a bad decision to install and should go the way of the Epcot sign on top of Spaceship Earth.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #94
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

I like it outside the gate

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #95
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

I like the hat, but it should not be where it is...

Some of these ideas have floated around for a while. Interesting to see the idea of the trolley and the Carthay Circle
Old 08-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #96
nemofans
DIS Veteran

I really hope the Star Wars stuff happens, especially the Cantina! We have never cared to watch the Beauty & Beast show as I have 2 boys & they are not interested. BUT they love Tangled as well as DH & I, so I hope that happens too. Monsters Inc ride would be awesome.
I do not care for Carsland at all. Leave that in DL only. My boys don't even like the Cars movies.
Don't change ToT ever!!!!!
Well, that's my opinion...

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 60 out of 85
nemofans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #97
Davey-D-99
DIS Veteran

If the Monsters Inc. ride ever gets built do we think it will be an actual roller coaster like RnRC or more like the Harry Potter or Spiderman (simulator+thrill) rides at Universal?
Davey-D-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #98
Orreed
Olivia

I LOVE all those ideas but it would be a shame to see Cars Land In Hollywood Studios. I think they should make an new awesome experience. Same with the Carthay, I think they should make something unique, but I love the restaurant idea where it is inside the ride like Blue Bayou! Just not the Carthay theme. The reason I think adding Cars Land would be a bad idea. I know people like my dad had no desire to visit Disneyland again but now with Cars Land he wants to. I agree with taking out LMA and the backlot tour, but they need a fresh idea. Maybe by the time this actually happens they will be able to use Marvel because I doubt any of this will happen until after Avatar. I think a Griffith Park styled in the 1930's would be neat too. Maybe they could have a ride about fictional city underneath the park! I would love to see Monsters Inc not super thrilling, but more like Snow White's new coaster. I think the ideal car would be standing on the platform on the door's floor with a overhead lap bar coming down. I think Hollywood Studios should keep the hat, because it has become such an icon and I think is kinda cute, it just needs to be moved. I wonder if the lake is big enough. Excited for all these awesome changes happening at Disney lately! I hope Hollywood Studios does get an expansion!
Orreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #99
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey-D-99 View Post
If the Monsters Inc. ride ever gets built do we think it will be an actual roller coaster like RnRC or more like the Harry Potter or Spiderman (simulator+thrill) rides at Universal?
IF it ever gets built I fear it will be a Vekoma SLC. It SHOULD be a B&M invert. Too bad disney has a history of using Vekoma coasters.

Also F*** the hat. My memories were all of the GMR being the first thing you see entering the park and the Hat is useless.

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #100
Hauntedmansion13
Mouseketeer

I think it's a good idea, but it's all assumption

Hauntedmansion13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #101
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

Love all of those ideas, but the sketches of some of those things predate the Muppets being added to the park....Seems more like an amalgamation of all the blue sky ideas that have been running rampent for years combined with the newer ones about "car's land" that should be dubbed Radiator Springs so it doesn't sound lame.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #102
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

The genesis of the Internet rumor:

"A" posts a blue sky rumor--with a truth factor somewhere between 0-100--to an Internet forum. No names are mentioned and no sources attributed.

"B", "C", "D" and "E" paraphrase the same information to different forums without directly referencing "A"

"F" turns it all into a news story, claiming that "the Internet is abuzz with rumors..."

With all due respect to the site and author, this is the biggest collection of fanboy hokum I've read in a long time. For all of our sakes, I hope Disney Imagineering and parks' upper management isn't so bereft of ideas that they best they can do to DHS is clone Cars Land, Carthay Circle Theater and Red Car Trolley from DCA.

DHS' "Pizza Planet" may be the worst possible implementation of that restaurant concept but there is a tremendous level of name recognition from the 3 films. Does anyone really think Disney would change over that restaurant to feature a 30 year old Muppet character?? Where is the financial benefit in spending thousands to re-theme a restaurant from iconic film location from Pixar's signature film series to "that guy with the canon in Muppetvision????"

The Swedish Chef restaurant concept can be seen in a piece of concept art from the early '90s. The Muppets barely made enough money to warrant a film sequel, much less such an expansion in the parks. The Muppet Mobile Lab hasn't seen the light of day for years.

Carthay Circle Theater already exists in DHS...and the park doesn't need another signature restaurant (ahem, Brown Derby!)

Luigi's Tires will never be replicated. As good as Cars Land is, DCA is still having operational difficulties with that particular attraction.

A new street leading back to Sunset Blvd? Sure...why would Disney want its guests wasting time walking past all of those gift shops when a more direct route could be added?

Lights, Motors, Action may not have set the world on fire but it was a major capital investment and still draws good crowds. Can anyone think of a comparable attraction which Disney scuttled after just 7 years of operations?

Fact is Disney doesn't know what it wants to do with Hollywood Studios. They could have pulled the trigger on things like the Monster's Inc coaster more than 5 years ago!!! Kathy Mangum wasn't brought in to duplicate her past work--she was brought in to figure out what direction to go with this park. She isn't going to just start rubber-stamping ideas that have been floating around the ether for the last 3-4 years.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #103
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsal View Post
Love all of those ideas, but the sketches of some of those things predate the Muppets being added to the park....Seems more like an amalgamation of all the blue sky ideas that have been running rampent for years combined with the newer ones about "car's land" that should be dubbed Radiator Springs so it doesn't sound lame.
I thought this same thing when I read it too, especially the Muppets area. After I read the article and was telling my DH about it, he was the one that pointed that out. This is why, I think the article is cool in retrospect and would think that it would be neat to see some of these changes come to DHS, but I am certainly not going to hold my breath for it to happen, unless of course Disney puts out the official word.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #104
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danauk View Post
A suspended coaster is one where the seats are suspended from the track above and your llegs dangle from the seat. Like the seats on the Harry Potter coaster (the former Duelling Dragons) at Universal. Suspended coasters don't have to go upside down I guess, but all the ones I know of do.
Not all do your feet have to dangle there are suspensed coasters that have car "that look like buckets" and never go upside down. Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens Williamsburg was one of them until last year when they tore it down. RIP BBW

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #105
Faldred
DIS Veteran

The article presumes that because members of the Cars Land team are appearing at DHS, that the expansion (if any) will be porting Cars Land to DHS. I don't think that's necessarily a safe assumption -- they could just as easily be looking at a more inclusive "Pixar Place" bringing in some elements of Cars Land, the long-rumored Monsters, Inc. coaster, and hopefully a few additional surprises.

That said, little of what is being rumored is all that different from what I suggested a while back as a long-term evolution.

For Pixar Place, here's what I'd do, if I were in charge:

* Monster's Inc. coaster. 'Nuff said.
* Radiator Springs set, McQueen and Mater meet-and-greet (moved from Mama Melrose), maybe one CL attraction (flying tires makes the most sense as its effects are not duplicated by an existing WDW ride)
* Toy Story is already represented with TSM, relocate Pizza Planet to Pixar Place.
* Add TS restaurant for Ratatouille. Maybe use this location for a Pixar character meal? Have a nearby cart service location selling Skinner's version of Gaston's creations.
* Leave room for further expansion.

I had originally thought to relocate the Muppets to the other side of the park to make more room for Pixar and Star Wars, but leaving it there and taking over the Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose spaces works for me. More Muppets, please!

For Star Wars, just changing BLE to the Cantina and moving the Jedi Training into the mainly unused Sounds Dangerous space is underwhelming. They need to find a way to get another attraction, preferably an E-Ticket, in that area and themed to Star Wars.

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: