Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #61
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

HS is due for a makeover, but my biggest complaint with HS is the traffic flow on Sunset Blvd., it's awful! I wish they would open up another route or two to lesson the congestion. I hope some of this article becomes a reality, I think HS needs something, it's just too blah these days!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #62
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Well, if this is true, it looks like we will be getting mostly a whole new park. There are a lot of changes some of which are quite big. Interesting considering the new fantasyland and Avatar lands as well. Thats a lot of NEW. Wonder how much of this we will actually get.

The only dissappointments would be the closing of the pizza planet and the lights, motors action show because my kids love both....and although they could have done better with the icon, the hat isn't all that bad to me.

Cars land sounds great. I think that since they added in a lot of princess things in the new fantasyland, it makes sense to do cars for boys in DHS. I really think they should do Avatar land for the older crowd like teens, and DHS for boys.

I like DHS but it is my least favorite park other than Fantasmic and the little mermaid attraction. I really do think it needs a makeover so the changes sound great.

As far as the monsters inc coaster, when they say "suspended", does that mean it will go upside down?
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner

Last edited by mickeysgirl17; 08-16-2012 at 10:42 AM.
mickeysgirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #63
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtum View Post
Since the lead Immagineer for Carsland in Disneyland has now been reassigned to DW, it makes one wonder if he will be doing the same thing at the studios. They really do need some type of overhaul of that park.
Do we know who the project manager is for Avatar-land? Seems to me if they have someone experienced in this from CA bringing them into the next big expansion seems likely.
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #64
wendyt_ca
DIS Veteran

I would love for them to add Carsland (I've been telling DH this is what I think they will do) and an expansion for Star Wars. A monsters inc roller coaster is something I have been hoping happens. I'm not fond of changes to RRC or TOT though cause those are two of my favorite Disney rides, depending on the changes. I personally love the sorcerer hat so wouldn't really enjoy it leaving either. I personally don't think all of this stuff is true as I can't see them completely revamping pretty well 100% of the park. I don't want to see Pizza Planet changed into a muppet themed place either but I don't really see that happening myself. There is definitely a need for some changes in HS though and a lot of these would be awesome!

HRH/GFV Sept 5-Sept 13, 2014/GCF/Vegas April 26-May 3, 2014/AKL SV(DVC)/BLT TPV(DVC) Oct 12-20, 2013 (Girl's Trip)/AOA/AKL SV(DVC) - May 12-20,2013 (1st Trip with little brother)/Townhouse condo off-site - Feb 13-20, 2013/AKL SV/BLT TPV (DVC) - Oct 3-9, 2012 / DLH Paris (DVC) - Sept 10-12, 2012 - London/Paris vacation/AKL(DVC) - April 21-29th, 2012(Girl's trip)/Split Stay - Poly TPV/AKL SV/CR MK View - Oct 11 - 19, 2011 /CBR Oct 31 - Nov 8, 2010 /The Venetian Las Vegas Sept 25 - 30, 2010 - First trip to Disneyland / CSR Nov 27 - Dec 8 2009 /POP June 15, 2008 - June 25, 2008 - Our Disney Honeymoon / Sheraton Vistana Sept 22, 2006-30, 2006 - First Trip/DH proposed during Wishes in Rose Garden
wendyt_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #65
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

I really think they should have a new restaurant that would include pixar characters. A toy story character meal would be great.
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

Old 08-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #66
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
All sounds good to me! Can't believe they would really get rid of the sorcerer hat though. Surely they could find a way to reimagine it into something new!
I agree, it has become such a focal point now although I do feel sorry for the Great Movie Ride theatre as you can't see it at all.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #67
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgirl17 View Post
As far as the monsters inc coaster, when they say "suspended", does that mean it will go upside down?
A suspended coaster is one where the seats are suspended from the track above and your llegs dangle from the seat. Like the seats on the Harry Potter coaster (the former Duelling Dragons) at Universal. Suspended coasters don't have to go upside down I guess, but all the ones I know of do.
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15, Easter 2015 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Danauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #68
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

I'd be happy if they just moved the Sorcerer's Hat to an area of the park where it didn't block views and traffic. It could be just as much of an icon if it sat on the other side of the park.

IMO, the main thing DHS needs is more C- and D-ticket family rides. It can't be all thrill rides and shows.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #69
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

DHS definitely needs some attention. I'd personally love the expansion of the Star Wars area, and that seems like a no-brainer. SW is going to be popular for each generation and shows no signs of waning.

I like the addition of a Cars Land, particularly since we have all the Fantasyland princess stuff at MK, but would prefer (if they asked me!) for something more like Disneyland Paris, where they have a Pixar Place with a green army man parachute drop ride, some Cars stuff, and Crush's Coaster among other things. Fun!!!

I'd also love a Star Wars or Pixar themed character meal. I still say Sci-Fi could be remade into a Cars meal (imagine sitting in Mater and having him interact with you while you eat!). Disney, please feel free to call me anytime about how to spend your money...!!!
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #70
JetsetJAK
Mouseketeer

All I can say is that if this does end up to be true...I REALLY hope Disney has something big up their sleeves for Epcot, because with New Fantasyland, Avatarland and now potentially Cars Land, Epcot will be the only one of the four WDW parks not having any significant work being done to it within the next few years, and it could really use the attention.

I know 'Test Track' is getting refurbished, but I don't really count that since Chevrolet, not Disney, is the driving force behind the project (no pun intended) and from what I've read on various sites, it seems like the refurb was actually forced on Disney because Chevrolet threatened to end their sponsorship if the attraction wasn't updated (apparently Disney didn't want 'Test Track' to be down while they were working on 'Big Thunder Mountain' and New Fantasyland over at MK at the same time, as well as for the Epcot 30th Anniversary this fall).

Fall '89 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Spring '94 - offsite (Orlando Twin Towers)
Fall '00 - offsite (Delta Orlando Resort)
Fall '10 - All-Star Movies
FALL '12 - ALL-STAR MUSIC
JetsetJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #71
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danauk View Post
A suspended coaster is one where the seats are suspended from the track above and your llegs dangle from the seat. Like the seats on the Harry Potter coaster (the former Duelling Dragons) at Universal. Suspended coasters don't have to go upside down I guess, but all the ones I know of do.
Feet don't necessarily have to dangle.

The Big Bad Wolf coaster in Busch Gardens Williamsburg, had suspended but fully enclosed ride cars.
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #72
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danauk View Post
Thank You!!!
Me DD DS

Old 08-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #73
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

I am surprised at how many of the responses to this are written as if this is actually happening. Personally this article seems to have more basis in fan speculation then in actual facts. The idea that there is a rights issue with the Chinese Theater is a well known urban legend and it's inclusion weakens the credibility of the article. Also, there already is a replica of the Carthay Circle Theater in DHS so I don't know why they would build another one, or remove the existing one just to re-built it.

DHS definitly needs work, and some parts of this might happen, but I see no reason to believe that this entire thing will happen. Personally I wouldn't want to see this entire idea implemented because to much of it copies DCA. DHS need to be it's own park with it's own identity.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #74
labattblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo2Disney View Post
When I started reading through the article I just couldn't help but think with every new paragraph that they are just putting together every rumor that has been said on boards much like this one over the past number of years all into one article.

There just seems to be wayyy to much work going on here for one park, especially since Avatar is the next project in line and won't be done until 2016. Also I'm sure cars land would be cool, but the main attraction in that land is basically already at Epcot in Test Track. No reason to have the same type of ride in two different parks with a different theme. Just doesn't make sense to me.
^^^^ This.
labattblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #75
sexyravenfan
Steamed Crabs, O's, and Natty Bohs

I have mixed feelings also. Definetly remove the hat and refurb the Great Movie Ride. Get rid of Lights, Motor, Action. I think a Pixar themed area would be great but not a whole Cars land. There are so many great Pixar movies. Add a few table and quick service locations with a character meal and that would be fantastic. I think the Star Wars area will draw a lot also. Right now, DHS is a half day park for us for sure.

October 2012-POR
August 2010-POR
August 2008-POR
July 2005-POR
July 2002-POR
June 1998-DxL
June 1994-DxL
September 1990-FW

sexyravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: