Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #31
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99 View Post
I'm on for everything EXCEPT Tangled The Musical. The songs weren't memorable and I don't think it deserves a show, especially replacing a classic movie like Beauty and the Beast.
I was thinking the same thing. Don't get me wrong I do love Tangled, the Movie, but I'm not sure I would like it in a Broadway Musical format. I LOVE B&B and would be heartbroken if it went away for good. That was my only problem with any of this rumored project, everything else sounds awesome. We really enjoy DHS now, and if they do go ahead and make these changes....well, I think we will really enjoy DHS .

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #32
Dziactor
Mouseketeer

Sounds like good news to me. There needs to be more added for me to want to spend more time there.

Dziactor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #33
dacky041208
DIS Veteran

I love the idea of getting Tangled in the parks- especially since Beauty and the Beast will soon have it's own themed area in MK.

Of course, I'd prefer a dark ride for it bc I just think that lantern scene would be amazing....but a show will do just fine for me!

-2 weeks at AKL, thanks DVC! 6/19-7/2/2011 Pictures/Video: Part 1 Part 2
-Pixar Weekend at ASMu 5/12-5/16/2011
-First Time during the holidays at PC!! 11/18-11/22/2010
-First DVC Trip to SSR 7/29-8/7/2010
-1st Anniversary Trip at AKL 6/23-6/30/2009
-2 week Disneymoon at CSR 5/28-6/11/2008
dacky041208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #34
DisneyDre
Mouseketeer

I have mixed feelings after reading about the changes/expansion at HS. I am pumped about the hat maybe going bye bye. It was neat at first, but then I was over it. I remember walking in the park and having the giant Chinese Theater as a center piece. It was neat.

Great movie ride restaurant sounds interesting. Would it be character dining like the castle? hmm who would they have. Would be neat if it was old school HollyWood style. Great movie ride also could use a little update. I still go on it every trip and find the hidden mickeys!

I havent watched the Beauty & Beast show in a few years, but it was great. Loved to sing all the songs during it, not to sure about Tangled.... was not too thrilled about movie.

I might be the only one who likes the back lot tour and stunt motor action show. I loved the back lot tour when they had the residential street, but thats a whole other.... Anywhoo I really like the cars stunt show. I am surprised they have cut the show times down. To me its crazy they spend all this time and money on that venue and will rip it all down to build again. Dont get me wrong im sure the whole cars land will/would be cool as i have seen a lot of it online, but im not good with change. lol.

I do like the idea of the trolley. I love how you get transported back to the old HollyWood days when you walk down those streets. I too miss the actors they had all over the streets, i have only seen a few in my past trips. They made ya laugh!!
I also love the talks about more muppets. I love the 3D show!! It could use a little pick me up. It would be a little sad to see pizza planet go tho for a new restaurant.

Ahhhhh My thoughts are all over the place!!! Just needed to vent a little!!
'87-Fort Wilderness. Oct'96-Wilderness Lodge. Oct'98- Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge.(Became a DVC family) Oct'99-Disney's Vero Beach & Old Key West. Dec'99-Polynesian. Sep'00-Caribbean Beach. Oct'00-Disney's Vero Beach & Wilderness Lodge. May'01-Wilderness Lodge. May'03-Wilderness Lodge Villas. Jan'05-Wilderness Lodge Villas. June'06-Wilderness Lodge Villas. Sep'07-Wilderness Lodge Villas(GotEngaged!!). Sep'09-Wilderness Lodge Villas(HoneyMoon!!). Sep'11-Wilderness Lodge Villas. Sep'12-Wilderness Lodge Villas. April'13-Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)

DisneyDre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #35
Reddy
Scrapbooker

I hope for more rides not removing them - this park could really use more family style ones
Old 08-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #36
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm on for everything EXCEPT Tangled The Musical. The songs weren't memorable and I don't think it deserves a show, especially replacing a classic movie like Beauty and the Beast.
Oh my, I love the music in Tangled!!! It is so beautiful.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #37
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post

When Carsland opened in DLR all I saw was complaints and moans that there wasn't one in WDW- now it appears that it's coming and I'm seeing complaints and moans that we're getting a duplicate of something already at another park. Seems like there is nothing that Disney can do that will please everyone. Hopefully they can do something to please the majority, anyway.
It's true that nothing Disney (or anyone else) does will ever please everyone! But I think we all tend to look at "Dis opinions" as almost a single person--I'm guilty of this, too. So, we look at a discussion and say, "How can you all be whining about Disney doing XYZ when you were just moaning and groaning about them *not* doing XYZ?" When, in reality, we could probably look back at individual posts and see these are not actually the same people expressing different opinions.

Of course, I also agree with you that all of this sounds highly improbable and, if it ever does happen, won't be seen for many, many years.
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #38
Yubbie
Devourer of Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bars

I've heard they're getting rid of Mickey's Sorcerer Hat and replacing it with....

http://www.themeparkshopper.com/cata...n090618018.jpg
Yubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #39
katiemely
Proud Seabee Wife

This almost sounds too good to be true. I would love dhs to get some fresh attractions. IMO sw is a huge hit and I would love to see another ride and a restaurant. The monsters inc coaster sounds too good to be true but I think it's a great idea. I wouldn't mind seeing cars land in dhs no matter if it's the same as dlr. cars is just too huge of a money maker for Disney not to use.

Family Trips 1988, 1994/High School Choir Candlelight Processional 2001/Honeymoon - July 2010 SOG/May 2011 POFQ/Family Christmas December 2011 SSR/Trip with the Austins - April 2012/Hubby's Bday Trip - September 2012 WL/Girls Trip!! OKW Jan 2013Valentine's Day getaway - Feb 2013 BWV/ Christmas Family Trip - Dec 2013
katiemely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #40
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

If all these changes are made it might actually be worth spending a day in that park. It's my DH's fav and he wants to spend as much as a day and a half there. I just don't get it, but in exchange I get my MK days.

Me DH DSS13 DD7

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 Shades of Green,
2013 Port Orleans Riverside
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #41
TinkerShy
Earning My Ears

Just a disclaimer to start, everything has been taken with a grain of salt.

I would personally love to see pretty much all of these changes made.

HS is a great park (though I constantly have to stop myself in the middle of calling it MGM Studios) but it needs a major face lift. Everyone is right in their comments that it lacks a consistent and cohesive theming throughout the park, but I think that even if they split the park up into Cars Land and Star Wars land and the like that they could easily manage a theme of finding yourself in your favorite movies, akin to how you felt the first time you rode TGMR.

As far as the Beauty and the Beast stage show goes, I would not be disappointed if it left. When I was a kid and my family visited the park (and I grew up in south FL so I went a LOT) that show was a must do for me EVERY time, along with The Little Mermaid. Having seen the show more recently, it has lost some of its luster. I haven't actually seen the b'way version, but I would imagine that many people would enjoy seeing a touring company of that just as much, if not more than the one act which you find at the park. And really, it's been playing for nigh on 20 years at this point, so a change would be nice. I also LOVE the music in Tangled. I find it very dynamic and if the stage show does go up I would totally audition!

I would also be happy for the sorcerer's hat to go away. I miss when the symbol for the park was the ear-full tower! ^_^

On the Cars Land debate, I think it would be a fun addition. Yes an all-Pixar-movie themed land would be great too, but I don't agree with the point that it would be better than Cars Land purely since it isn't anywhere else, because I'm pretty sure there is a already a section of DIsneyland/DCA themed around the Pixar movies (other than Cars). I don't know how extensive it is, having never visited parks before, but I've seen a fair amount online about it. I'd also love the previously mentioned Monster's Inc coaster.

We do need to see more Muppet areas too! The park was originally supposed to have more, but there were issues between Jim Henson's family and the Disney company that kept the plans from going forward. Also, Sam the Eagle in 2016! Amirite? ; )

My last point would be that a Star Wars themed land could be freaking AWESOME! I know the George Lucas/Star Wars partnership can be a sore spot for people, but it's such an iconic part of our culture and how adorable would it be to see young kids and all grown up kids alike light up at the prospect of having lunch at the Mos Eisley Cantina?! I for one would probably start squeaking with joy even upon entering! Of course with the clientele they see, at least I wouldn't be getting the strangest looks in the place. : D

Anyway, hopefully that wasn't too tl;dr for everyone. Just had to jump in with my two cents.

<3
Old 08-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #42
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coozieman View Post
Pretty interesting article here:

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9719

Consider the rumor mill open for business!
Wow! This is great info. Thanks for sharing.

The only problems I have with this rumor is them changing Beauty and the Beast to Tangled. I would love a Tangled show but maybe put it into MK or somewhere else in HS. And I hope they keep the hat. I really like the hat. If they added the Carthway Circle w/ the hat that would be fine.

I LOVE the idea of the Monsters Inc. ride! That would be great!!!

Lets see if any of this rumor comes true....???

-FantasiaMagic
Old 08-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #43
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwingeeyore View Post
It's a shame that they can't come up with something original.

I'd be much more interested in an entire Pixar land than a clone of Cars land. Was hoping for something different. If they are going to retheme the current Pizza Planet, they could put in a new restaurant or two based on the Pixar movies and include a Pixar Character meal, put in the Monster's Inc coaster, move the laugh floor over to DHS, put in an UP or Incredibles motion ride, retheme the HISTK play area to Bug's Life, and still add the racers or something from Carsland, without the whole land.

Oh well, I guess they know what they are doing. I'm sure people will like ANYTHING new at DHS.
I like your idea! and I agree they should do more PIXAR attractions...
Old 08-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #44
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm thinking though that with so much of the FLE being focused on Belle, maybe they are looking to balance things out a bit? There's a lot of Beauty and the Beast at MK...

VP
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #45
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Parr View Post
I'm thinking though that with so much of the FLE being focused on Belle, maybe they are looking to balance things out a bit? There's a lot of Beauty and the Beast at MK...

VP
True, but TLM also has a show in DHS which I'd rather see go then BATB.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: