Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #166
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
I will be really sad to see Beauty and the Beast show leave. I loved The Hunchback of Notre Dame show, and they killed it and now getting rid of Beauty and the Beast makes me super sad. Tangled has no songs that you can even remember.
Ironically, I feel the complete opposite. I'm generally not big into musicals so I only sat through the Beauty show for my daughter. I was mostly bored. But I can't wait for the Tangled show b/c I LOVE the music from that movie. It's probably my fave princess movie to date (followed closely by TLM).
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #167
HappyThoughtsTina
Happy Thoughts Vacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post
So I read the first couple pages and the last two pages. Too much info... We are going back in November my daughters favorite Princess is Belle so we wanted to make sure we saw her show at DHS. Now I know it's rumored to be replaced! So hopefully it doesn't take place for another 3 months with that said.

I am not upset that it's going away because of the addition to MK in the FL. Belle will have Beasts Castle.

With DHS based around movie productions. I love the idea that others had for a Pixar land, more original then Carsland which they could still incorporate a Cars ride into the land.

I love Star Wars and the muppets.

I think DHS is in need of changes and should still be geared towards productions but the world of production has changed and so should DHS. I think Walt would want this park to change with the times.

I am excited to experience DHS again before the rumored changes. If I would have known about MK plans in 2010 I would have experienced Snow Whites Scary Adventures and the other attractions that changed and I would have taken more pictures of Toontown.

What ever Disney decides I think it will work out, after all there is something for everyone.

I loved the Hat, didn't have time to go into it, but i thought it made DHS feel magical entering the park. But I can't say I would be sad or happy to see it, I would be indifferent.

I am excited to plan my next trip with all or any of the changes WDW has to offer.
I totally agree with everything you said!!
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #168
BeadyLady
Survivor
Us older people try to amuse the younger ones
He likes the whole thing - so who am I to stop the visits

I would like it if the location was larger, i like having more fun!

wish we were there NOW

April 1994 All Star Music; Sept 1999 Caribbean; May 2005 POP Century, the 60's; Dec 2006 Port Orleans French Qtr; Oct 2007 POP Century; Dec 2010 Caribbean Resort; planning Oct 2012
BeadyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #169
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

I know there was no talk of this, but i would have liked to have seen a "The Incredibles" ride of some kind. Not sure what kind, but that was one of the highest grossing Pixar Movies made, with many still crying out for a 2nd movie.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #170
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco
I know there was no talk of this, but i would have liked to have seen a "The Incredibles" ride of some kind. Not sure what kind, but that was one of the highest grossing Pixar Movies made, with many still crying out for a 2nd movie.
I would make it a dark ride along the lines of the Disneyland Roger rabbit ride allowing u to spin the car. The idea is you are Saskatchewan racing through a battle between the incredibles and some bad guys

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #171
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Actually when the MI coaster first started gaining huge rumor popularity there was a rumor the place where the MI coaster would go would actually be an Incredibles coaster instead.

Unfortunately neither ever materialized into a real attraction.

I love the incredibles too. Probably my favorite pixar movie or at the very least my #2

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #172
Bearwater
Earning My Ears

My son is a HUGE WallE fan and we have always felt a little cheated that there is nothing WallE. Not even a robot.
Bearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #173
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

that is a good point, a small robot roaming around talking to people and taking pictures AT LEAST would be nice
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #174
rodkenrich
DIS Veteran

Sheraton Safari '00 & '01 - Best Western LBV '00 - Wilderness Lodge '01 - Animal Kingdom Lodge '01 - Caribbean Beach '02 - Hard Rock Hotel '02 - All-Stars Sports '03 - Royal Pacific Hotel '02 & '04 - Sheraton Studio City '04 - Contemporary '05 - Pop Century 1970's '05 - All-Stars Movies '05 - Walt Disney World Swan '06 - Boardwalk Inn '07 - All Star Music Family Suites '07 - All Star Sports '08 - Pop Century 1970's '12

Last edited by rodkenrich; 08-26-2014 at 03:02 PM.
rodkenrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #175
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

In other words, a lot of people are talking about DHS upgrades on the net--people who may or may not have any insider knowledge--so we will report it as news. But there may not be a grain of truth to any of it.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #176
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkenrich View Post
I like the last segment of the article - 'We usually stay away from too much speculation on this site, but a good majority of this report has been substantiated from various sources over the last few months. I feel the need to point out that all of this is simply rumor at this point and it is possible that the entire project be cancelled much like numerous other projects over the 57 year history of the Disney Parks.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
In other words, a lot of people are talking about DHS upgrades on the net--people who may or may not have any insider knowledge--so we will report it as news. But there may not be a grain of truth to any of it.
This is why that even though I would love to see some of these enhancements made, I am taking everything that I read in the article with a monster size grain of salt....that is until Disney officially states otherwise.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: