Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #151
LunarDistortion
Earning My Ears

It seems like there slowly getting rid of everything Eisner made
I've been waiting on an Expansion to Pixar Place for years, and them getting rid of Lights Motors Action and Sounds Dangerous!

It's Beautiful!
LunarDistortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #152
Lesleyluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen
Hm, I may actually enjoy DHS if these come to pass. While Carsland and "StarWarsLand" aren't really my forte, the idea about bringing the main street back to its roots sure sounds great.

And getting rid of the hat.

Heck, they could just get rid of the hat and can the rest and I'll be happy.

No, I don't like the hat.*

*At least, where it is located and what purpose it currently serves.
I don't like the hat
1998 - Port Orleans French Quarter * 1999 - All Star Music * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - All Star Movies * 2002 - All Star Movies * 2004 - All Star Movies * 2006 - Caribbean Beach HONEYMOON!* 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside *2010 - Old Key West* 2013 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Magical Disneyland Paris Visits!2001 - Santa Fe Hotel * 2002 - Disneyland Hotel[COLOR="New York[/B][/B][/B][/B]

PaleGreen"]* 2005 - Hotel New York
[/[B]2011 - Hotel New York

Disneyland & California AdventureOct 2009 - 1st visit!

Lesleyluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #153
Lesleyluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbowfamluvswdw
The very first thing I saw on my first visit 7 years ago was the hat. The hat to me is a welcome sight and brings back memories of that first experience.
Because most of us remember Chinese theater being the first thing you seen when entering the park. They just kind of plopped the hat down in front of it and made it a shop that sell pins??!! (not sure if that's still the case) was only ever in it once, when it opened as a exhibition (I think). Don't even glance at it now x
1998 - Port Orleans French Quarter * 1999 - All Star Music * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - All Star Movies * 2002 - All Star Movies * 2004 - All Star Movies * 2006 - Caribbean Beach HONEYMOON!* 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside *2010 - Old Key West* 2013 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Magical Disneyland Paris Visits!2001 - Santa Fe Hotel * 2002 - Disneyland Hotel[COLOR="New York[/B][/B][/B][/B]

PaleGreen"]* 2005 - Hotel New York
[/[B]2011 - Hotel New York

Disneyland & California AdventureOct 2009 - 1st visit!

Lesleyluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:42 AM   #154
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarDistortion
It seems like there slowly getting rid of everything Eisner made
I've been waiting on an Expansion to Pixar Place for years, and them getting rid of Lights Motors Action and Sounds Dangerous!

It's Beautiful!
Didn't the park open under Eisner?
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #155
granmanh603
DIS Veteran

MGM(DHS) opened under Eisner, prices rise under Iger

granmanh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #156
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmanh603
MGM(DHS) opened under Eisner, prices rise under Iger
That's what I thought. To be honest, I think Eisner did a great job expanding WDW. So I don't think we can say they're getting rid of everything Eisner did...
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #157
ShellyG
Earning My Ears

Sounds brilliant, but I am one of the few who loves the backlot tour It takes me back to my childhood and is always one of the first things I like to do at HS, so I will miss it. I hope it will still be open next April for one last ride. I can see why they would want to change it, it is hardly a thrill ride.

1987-1995 Enclave Suites, Omni Rosen, Comfort Inn (?) 1 more offsite and The GF. 1997 - CBR. 2007 - Disneymoon WDW dolphin. 2010 - AKL and 2013 - POR.
ShellyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #158
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

:o

This sounds just okay. I would be devastated if they took the hat. . And I'm not much of a car person . But the Monsters Inc. part sounds great! I'm a bit upset about the Beauty and the Beast Musical beng replaced, but there ate trying to make up for it in the Magic Kingdom. Tangled is okay though.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #159
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Wow

So I read the first couple pages and the last two pages. Too much info... We are going back in November my daughters favorite Princess is Belle so we wanted to make sure we saw her show at DHS. Now I know it's rumored to be replaced! So hopefully it doesn't take place for another 3 months with that said.

I am not upset that it's going away because of the addition to MK in the FL. Belle will have Beasts Castle.

With DHS based around movie productions. I love the idea that others had for a Pixar land, more original then Carsland which they could still incorporate a Cars ride into the land.

I love Star Wars and the muppets.

I think DHS is in need of changes and should still be geared towards productions but the world of production has changed and so should DHS. I think Walt would want this park to change with the times.

I am excited to experience DHS again before the rumored changes. If I would have known about MK plans in 2010 I would have experienced Snow Whites Scary Adventures and the other attractions that changed and I would have taken more pictures of Toontown.

What ever Disney decides I think it will work out, after all there is something for everyone.

I loved the Hat, didn't have time to go into it, but i thought it made DHS feel magical entering the park. But I can't say I would be sad or happy to see it, I would be indifferent.

I am excited to plan my next trip with all or any of the changes WDW has to offer.
Ccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #160
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

As others have said I would be interested in having a really enhanced Pixar Place area instead of Carsland. I think Carsland should be kept to Anaheim because obviously that's where Cars is set. Think it would be lost in Orlando personally!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #161
Kellie2584
Earning My Ears

Hollywood Studios could definitely use some new, exciting attractions. The Monsters Inc. roller coaster would be great and I know my son would be so excited about all the cars stuff. I am always excited for Disney's new projects. When Disney does something, its usually always amazing... Except I do have to say that the sorcer's hat was a huge disappointment. I had high hopes for what it was going to turn into when they were building it and then I walked up to it and they were selling hats and pins out of it. I guess I am shrugging my shoulders at the thought of the hat being gone. I'm pretty sure by now most people have at least a handful of family pictures in front of it.
Kellie2584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #162
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

They should simply put make their own thing, not copy Carsland. Make something equally grand, but unique and Disney can make a lot more money by getting more people to visit both coasts.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #163
ctl
Mouseketeer

I love Beauty and the Beast

I will be really sad to see Beauty and the Beast show leave. I loved The Hunchback of Notre Dame show, and they killed it and now getting rid of Beauty and the Beast makes me super sad. Tangled has no songs that you can even remember. I will be less likely to visit DHS than before. Why don't they get rid of Indiana Jones? It's ages old. I love the Mickey Hat, but I guess nothing stays the same.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #164
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
I will be really sad to see Beauty and the Beast show leave. I loved The Hunchback of Notre Dame show, and they killed it and now getting rid of Beauty and the Beast makes me super sad. Tangled has no songs that you can even remember. I will be less likely to visit DHS than before. Why don't they get rid of Indiana Jones? It's ages old. I love the Mickey Hat, but I guess nothing stays the same.
Probably because it's always full and still as entertaining the 20th time as it is the first time.

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #165
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

I just wish they would bring Indy the ride to Hollywood studios too. Just the stunt show isnt enough for me
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: