Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Daily Grind 8/20 - Be Our Guest edition!

We are confirmed for January 10th dinnertime!

Back to work today... and then a short run if the weather holds up. I made dinner last night so I am off the hook tonight!

How is everyone else doing?
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
WDWAurora
I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'm Patrick's...And his princess...Can Tink be a princess? Please?

The 3 week old only ate twice during the night and DH did one of the feedings, so I'm pretty happy, even though more sleep would be welcome. The 2 year old slept until 7 ish, and is already watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I'm still recovering from surgery, so I'm not sure what we'll do today. I can't do much and we're all getting stir crazy, especially with no daddy (working) to entertain us.
WDWAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post

How is everyone else doing?
How incredibly exciting!!!! Congrats! I think that this restaurant is one of the things I am most looking forward to when the expansion is complete. Take lots of pictures!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAurora View Post
The 3 week old only ate twice during the night and DH did one of the feedings, so I'm pretty happy, even though more sleep would be welcome. The 2 year old slept until 7 ish, and is already watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I'm still recovering from surgery, so I'm not sure what we'll do today. I can't do much and we're all getting stir crazy, especially with no daddy (working) to entertain us.
It sounds like you have your hands full! Pixie dust that you find things easier as time goes on!

So, Monday and I are having a bit of a fight this morning. I woke up with a sore throat, stuffy nose, and the like and then just burned my waffle. It can only go up from here though, right?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Illini Disney Guy
Mouseketeer

Back to work today. No so much fun. Too much work to do before we leave on Vacation Wednesday for 1 week on the beach on the Panhandle of Florida. At least most of the packing is done just the last few things to get around.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Phoenixblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
So, Monday and I are having a bit of a fight this morning. I woke up with a sore throat, stuffy nose, and the like and then just burned my waffle. It can only go up from here though, right?
Yikes - Hate it when Monday decides to get feisty.
Hope it gets better soon!

At work, but heading out to physical therapy shortly so she can hurt me in the ways I can't do myself in the seemingly endless struggle to get my shoulder to function properly again. And then I get to come back to work! OH how exciting!
And school starts tomorrow here, so have to finish getting all the kids stuff ready today as well.

Yep - its Monday.

Phoenixblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

Pruning our raspberries today then going to job number two (where I make my "Mickey Money" )

Getting ever closer to our trip!!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

Monday again and hoping my furbaby (dog) at home is feeling ok today. She likely has lymphoma (8 out of 10 chance per the vet due to obvious lymph swelling all over her body). But the vet said it could also be Lyme disease so we are treating her for that. The antibiotics the vet put her on about a week ago are making her drink a TON of water and sadly, pee in the house. Thankfully it's just in the kitchen when I'm not home for long periods (frackin' work) but it's still sad to see. It's frustrating to me because treating the Lyme is likely a waste of time since she is more likely to have lymphoma. And for a larger dog of 11.5 years old, there is no need to put her through anything like severe treatment. But mostly it's sad because she looks so ashamed when I come home to find puddles All I can do after letting her out is give her a gigantic mommy hug. So if you have any to spare, my Cinders could use some pixie dust.
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
We'll be there on Jan 4 and Jan 11.

Kicked back, low key day here. Nothing special. Just being grateful that I'm retired so I can enjoy a beautiful Ohio day. I did get my exercise in today (elliptical for 20 minutes). Trying a new "low fat" Peach Cobbler recipe for dessert tonight.

ETA: Fed Ex just delivered a very special package for me. While I was on a Celebrity Cruise in July, I lost a necklace that had great sentimental value to me. I was crushed when I unpacked and realized it was gone. I thought I'd never see it again. The Celebrity/RCI Lost and Found folks were absolutely tireless in their efforts to find and return it to me. Last Friday, I got my weekly update call from them, and was thrilled to hear that they did indeed find it. They Fed'exed it back to me. I'm sooooo happy and grateful. Many letters have been sent to RCI and Celebrity higher ups citing the efforts of their wonderful team.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)

Last edited by Quicklabs; 08-20-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Hoping for the very best for sweet Cinders.

I hope the treatment helps her. The mommy hug is the very best medicine. One of my girls is 12.5; I have already made up my mind not to put her through any severe treatments, either. It hurts so much to see them age. Sending lots of good vibes your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy's a freak View Post
Monday again and hoping my furbaby (dog) at home is feeling ok today. She likely has lymphoma (8 out of 10 chance per the vet due to obvious lymph swelling all over her body). But the vet said it could also be Lyme disease so we are treating her for that. The antibiotics the vet put her on about a week ago are making her drink a TON of water and sadly, pee in the house. Thankfully it's just in the kitchen when I'm not home for long periods (frackin' work) but it's still sad to see. It's frustrating to me because treating the Lyme is likely a waste of time since she is more likely to have lymphoma. And for a larger dog of 11.5 years old, there is no need to put her through anything like severe treatment. But mostly it's sad because she looks so ashamed when I come home to find puddles All I can do after letting her out is give her a gigantic mommy hug. So if you have any to spare, my Cinders could use some pixie dust.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Wow - we seem to be in the minority (at least here) of folks who are not rushing to make ADR's for BOG. Maybe its because we're really just interested in seeing the FLE? Or maybe its just that we've never been impressed with the rest of MK dining? Anyway, don't blame us for tying up the phones this morning.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

No rush here either. I'll just go around 2:00PM for lunch or something when it's counter service. I'm sure it will still be insanely crowded for a while, but eventually it will taper off.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Wow - we seem to be in the minority (at least here) of folks who are not rushing to make ADR's for BOG. Maybe its because we're really just interested in seeing the FLE? Or maybe its just that we've never been impressed with the rest of MK dining? Anyway, don't blame us for tying up the phones this morning.
A lot of us were 11 year old girls when Beauty and the Beast came out.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP
No rush here either. I'll just go around 2:00PM for lunch or something when it's counter service. I'm sure it will still be insanely crowded for a while, but eventually it will taper off.
Kim and I are having dinner on Dec 3. I would like to try it while there because I don't think I'll be back till Oct 2013.

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
aspen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen37 View Post
Kim and I are having dinner on Dec 3. I would like to try it while there because I don't think I'll be back till Oct 2013.
Whaaaat? I predict a visit sooner than Oct. 2013.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Just wanted to alert everyone if you booked this morning for Be Our Guest. If you used the automated system on the Disney phone line this morning to make your reservation and didn't give credit card information the reservation will auto cancel at midnight because there isn't a credit card to guarantee it.

If you booked with an agent and they took your cc info you are ok. This is only for those people that used the automated dining option on the phone.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: