Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #31
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
So, I guess I missed the info about the meat- was that packed from home- frozen for the trip?

It didn't even occur to me about electronics on the boat! Glad you had some outlets. Generator? Plugged in when you were in port?
BIL sez you don't want to buy meat there in the islands...it's questionable. So, they bought a bunch of chicken, some steak, hotdogs, burgers, meatballs, etc and froze them and brought that meat with us in 2 coolers. Good thing...can't imagine how much more it would have been to buy it. And, you don't want to get sick, so better safe than sorry

Older boats don't have outlets. We were told that and prepared for it (even tho this boat we rented was only about 1 yr old). Most have a 12 volt plug and that's it. So, we had sort of like a power strip of regular outlets, but the whole thing plugged into 12 volt (round plugs like in cars for those unfamiliar). We were thrilled to have 1 double regular outlet in each cabin.

We used the AC/generator in the evenings and overnight while we slept. The generator runs on gas from the starboard tank... it (and the engine) recharge the batteries while running so you can use things like the radio and navigation equiptment while sailing. CANNOT use generator and engines at the same time...overheats engines. Don't ask how I know that

Last edited by bubba's mom; 08-27-2012 at 06:25 AM.
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #32
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a nice first day sailing. The Baths are beautiful!!!

We spent a couple of hours there about 15 years ago, one day BVI tour from St. John.

It certainly did not look like there were many other people there. Well, except for the stealth trash dumpers.

Glad you got the airconditioning straightened out. Bet everyone sleeps really well that night!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #33
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am, just catching up too.

Nice relaxing times with Dad. You may think you are boring us, but you aren't...and they are wonderful memories for all of you.

That travel day was so long. I don't know how the heck you all could still go shopping after all that...but you probably needed to stretch and move. I am cracking up with how much food you bought, but then again, you do need to feed a lot of people.

This looks like such a fun adventure, but I don't think I could do it. I think I would feel to ocramped...and I tend to get sea sick on smaller boats too.

The islands are just gorgeous though. You have some amazing pictures. I plan to snorkle in Sept and it's been about 10 years since I last did it. I hope I don't drown.

I can't wait to see what else you do.
So I am being nosey, Are the girls Michele's (from a previous relationship) and Ricky is Ricks...so none acutally between the 2? I noticed you said 2 were 16, so I am guessing that is how it works. They are all good looking kids though.

I think Ryan looks like you too. But "Dad" and the Bros sure do look a lot like each other.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #34
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
BIL sez you don't want to buy meat there in the islands...it's questionable. So, they bought a bunch of chicken, some steak, hotdogs, burgers, meatballs, etc and froze them and brought that meat with us in 2 coolers. Good thing...can't imagine how much more it would have been to buy it. And, you don't want to get sick, so better safe than sorry
lol smart dude, they probably would've tried to pass off that four-legged chicken

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #35
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member

Quote:
It certainly did not look like there were many other people there. Well, except for the stealth trash dumpers.
The only place it was 'crowded' was Jost Van Dyke...and even that I wouldn't consider "crowded"...just the most people we ever ran into. Just how we like it tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am, just catching up too.

Nice relaxing times with Dad. You may think you are boring us, but you aren't...and they are wonderful memories for all of you.

That travel day was so long. I don't know how the heck you all could still go shopping after all that...but you probably needed to stretch and move. I am cracking up with how much food you bought, but then again, you do need to feed a lot of people.

This looks like such a fun adventure, but I don't think I could do it. I think I would feel to ocramped...and I tend to get sea sick on smaller boats too.

The islands are just gorgeous though. You have some amazing pictures. I plan to snorkle in Sept and it's been about 10 years since I last did it. I hope I don't drown.

I can't wait to see what else you do.
So I am being nosey, Are the girls Michele's (from a previous relationship) and Ricky is Ricks...so none acutally between the 2? I noticed you said 2 were 16, so I am guessing that is how it works. They are all good looking kids though.

I think Ryan looks like you too. But "Dad" and the Bros sure do look a lot like each other.
eh....I know that the visit to Dad's isn't exciting, but I include it for the memory for us

As for the long travel day...it was a lot of sitting, yes, but we were excited to arrive. We knew we had to eat...a 16 yo boy and 13 yo boy...oh yeah...we needed food! You do what you have to I guess....

You wouldn't believe it, but even with all 8 of us on that 44' catamaran, we NEVER felt cramped...ever. There was just so much room and space to go to....and each cabin (4 of 'em) had it's own head (bathroom), so that was 2 people per bathroom. It didn't feel crowded at all...I know, surprising. I think you'd be surprised you weren't seasick. You mostly sail in the Sir Francis Drake channel...and the waters aren't bad there. The only time waters are a bit dicey are when you are going to and from Anegada...because it's so far out from the other islands. I took a Bonine that first day (and the kids take one leaving Anegada) and then were fine.

Remember when you snorkel: RELAX and just breathe. It takes a few minutes to get used to again, but that's the key

You figured it out right: girls are from Michele's first marriage, Ricky from Rick's first marriage...none 'together'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
lol smart dude, they probably would've tried to pass off that four-legged chicken
Thanx for that...wouldn't have thought of it till you said so
Old 08-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #36
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member

Day 10

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The 'good plan' we came up with last night? Destination: Anegada. HAS to be the most beautiful place on Earth!

Good morning Virgin Gorda. The day started about 7am. No surprise that only the 'adult' half of the boat was up this early. Not many up this early, but the people on this boat must not have had AC on their boat. We saw them jump in for a really early morning dip. After a little morning chat of the plans for the day and a wash down of the back deck, we decided not to wait on the teens to head out.

Around 7:45am we pulled off our mooring ball and headed toward the dock to top off our fuel and water and to get more water, soda and anything else we might need. The plan was to head to Anegada for the next 2 days, and it's waaaay out there (appx. 14 miles from the nearest island) and you can't get fuel, water or provisions at Anegada.

We pulled up to the dock right about 8am when the gas station and stores opened. While the guys fueled and watered up, Michele & I grabbed the trash and headed ashore in search of dumping our trash and finding our last minute provisions. 1, 2 and 3.

While we were walking along, we spotted Richard Branson's catamaran docked there. The Necker Belle. Such a HUGE boat...just amazing! We took many pictures of it too.

We dumped the trash and got some drinks and bread at the store. As Michele was paying, Randy showed up and it was a good thing! We were wondering how we were going to carry all that stuff back to the boat!

Back onboard, we pulled away from Virgin Gorda and headed toward Anegada. While pulling out, I just HAD to take pictures of Branson's catamaran, because ya know, how often do you see 'rich'?: 1, 2, 3 and 4.

It's a pretty far ride and we DID decide to raise the sail. Rick decided we had a good wind, so he got ready to hoist the sail. I don't have many pictures of the sail because I took video of it, but here is a picture of the sail up thru the hatch window in the aft of the boat. We got the jib up and then the sail and we were cruising at good 7-8 knots...a good wind! Simply a beautiful morning!

Wouldn't you know, the sail went up and THEN the troops got up! The kids had missed the whole thing They were bummed, but we told them it wouldn't be the only time we had the sail up during the week. Then we teased them they shouldn't sleep all morning and they wouldn't miss stuff like that! (my theory is you can always sleep at home!)

Once the sail was up, it was about a three hour ride to Anegada. It was a beautiful sail and nobody felt sick. Corinne read after her breakfast. I took a nap. Michele cleaned up the rope (wench duties) and then sat out front to relax.

We all enjoyed the long ride and eventually we were on 'buoy lookout'. One red. One green. Michele & I determined they should be changed to hot pink and neon yellow to be easier to see from a distance! Random pix: Ryan, Corinne with an ominous cloud over her and a very FLAT Anegada in the background, Ryan & Casey relaxin' and just pretty.

This is where we were goin. Anegada. It is the only British Virgin Island that is completely flat. All the others are mountainous. Anegada's highest point is only 28' high. It's made up from a coral reef, not volcanic rock, so there is a LOT of reef around it and it's very shallow very far out. It's a tricky island to sail into.

These two are pretty happy and excited to be here. I was too!

We moored just before noon and Rick wanted to make sure we had reservations for dinner that night at Anegada Reef Hotel. If you don't have them in by 4pm, you won't get in...especially if you want lobster for dinner. A local specialty, it's caught fresh. Oh, and they didn't take long to come collect the mooring fee either.

After we had moored and made dinner reservations (7:30pm), we all had lunch and then the boys decided on a quick swim. Ricky was always first in at any stop we made. After lunch was cleaned up, we loaded everyone into the dinghys to head around to the other side of the island (near Cow Wreck Beach) for some snorkeling. It was quite a ride, so the guys took turns 'driving'. Ryan and Ricky.

It was so beautiful on our ride out there. The water got so shallow in some spots, we could walk next to the dinghy. We went near Cow Wreck Beach where there is good snorkeling although some shallow spots, Rick says it's good stuff to see. We didn't get any rain from this cloud, but it looked cool.

Sites along the way: 1, 2, 3, Ryan again and Randy doing what he does. These rental properties not in such good shape...altho, rented? 4, 5 and 6.

We finally arrived at our spot. The water was beautiful. Clear and warm! Absolutely perfect! Not sure if you noticed in the pictures, but we were the only ones on this part of the island and beach. That is always nice.

Ryan had not planned to do shallow snorkeling, as we understood it to be rocky. Not his thing. Since he wasn't going to go, I wasn't going to go because he's my kid and I'd stay behind with him. Well, our 2 nieces weren't going either, so Michele offered her shirt and gloves to me to go (since I hadn't brought mine because I had planned to stay with Ryan). I wasn't going to, but I decided to go for it. After all, how often do you get to snorkel in Anegada? So, Rick and Ricky were 'buddies' and Randy & I were "buddies" (ALWAYS swim with a buddie).

While the 4 of us were out snorkeling, Ryan, Michele, Corinne & Casey went for a walk along the beach.

In the meantime, we had a great time snorkeling. We saw lots of fish and lots of shallow grassy areas. That was the first time I'd ever snorkeled in about a foot of water! What an experience. I was bummed Ryan had decided not to come. It wasn't rocky at all and he would've been fine. We had a strong current that kept pushing us back, but we ended up out further than we thought. Easy swim back in though

Scenes from snorkeling: 1, definitely shallow...but grassy, not rocky. We never did get any of that rain, deeper, more shallow, it did get deeper in spots, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, we were pretty far out there, and yet only this deep.

We started going parallel to the shoreline and the little current there was, was strong. Even if I was standing up! I was having a hard time maintaining my balance! Randy sitting making an adjustment.

More scenes from under the sea: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16.

Later, we arrived back on shore and the shore-group showed us their findings: a TV from Japan, or maybe China? Ryan thought this was funny to find a tv on the beach! AND Ryan's pride find: a beautiful conch shell. After I said how beautiful it was, the next question out of my mouth was "did you find it in the water?" He told me not only was it NOT IN the water, it was behind the beach in the grassy area. I made sure he was certain and he said he was; and it was dry.... I asked him if he was keeping it, and he wanted to. Then we told him "then YOU are hauling it home...not us...we are not carrying it". He was fine with that. Corinne was happy with her coral collection from her walk.

After Rick & Ricky came back in, and some pictures, we all loaded into the dinghys and headed back to our boat.

Here would be those pictures we took: Our crew, Ryan & Dad, ocean 1, ocean 2 and a picture every married couple should take.

See.... I was there. Corinne was with us on the way back, and we had a good time on the ride back. And no...it never did rain on us.

Along the way, Ricky jumped out of their dinghy and ran to shore, picked something up, and hopped back in the dinghy. Turns out, he had spotted a coconut. I'm not sure whatever happened to it because we left it with Rick & Michele when we left.

Once there, we cleaned up and got ready for dinner at the Anegada Reef Hotel, while Rick and Michele ran over in the dinghy to make sure we had a oceanside table. She came back with a menu in case anyone wanted to change their order from lobster or chicken to something else (2 takers). We were enjoying watching the sun begin to set but, before we left for dinner, we had to fly our flag. You can't sail around flagless! So, once everyone had a 'name' and signed the flag, we raised our colors. The family flag of: Skipper, Wench, Gibbs, Calypso, Sniper, Skippy, Nemo & Blonde Colada was officially flying. (My husband was also dubbed "Big S.H.I.T." which stood for: Skipper's Helper In Training.)

I have a jillion pictures of the sun setting, so I won't bore you with all of them. Just a select few: 1, 2, 3, a "moment", 4, 5 and 6. Sun setting and flag officially flying, it was time to head ashore for dinner. Oh, and our flag wasn't the only thing flying in the wind all week

We left our boat and headed ashore. We arrived just after dark and had two tables on the beach; one for the teens and one for the adults. The boys. And the girls.

Of course we took some pix: our family, their family, brothers and 'sisters'.

They cook fresh lobsters right there on the beach. There were lobsters for Rick, Randy, Ricky and Corinne. Chicken for Michele and I, ribs for Ryan and steak for Casey. Generous portions and the food was delicious. I believe the lobsters were in the 2 - 2.5 pound range. Definitely worth the money and not a morsel left! Of course, we took lots of pictures and enjoyed a great meal and awesome company.

When it was time to head back to the boat, somehow it was decided to race back in the dinghys. Teens vs adults. It was pretty close, but we edged the kids out (we had the better/faster dinghy boat).

Back onboard, we gathered everyone up to relax outside and watched the stars. There were jillions of them as it was a clear night. Not too long out there, I called it a night. It was chilly out and I was tired anyway. Mornings are too early to stay up too late (unlike the kids)!!

At least we were staying put tomorrow and not sailing away to anywhere else. Total 'relax' day tomorrow...that means 'sleep in'

Last edited by bubba's mom; 10-02-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #37
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Wow!!!!! What a wonderful island. that lobster looks so yummy!

I love how you al ladapted to sea life so fat and looks so natural.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #38
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

cool - very clear water here...can't say i've ever heard of the island assume it's not well developed?

laughing re ry's finds, at least he didn't want to tote the broken tv home

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #39
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Wow!!!!! What a wonderful island. that lobster looks so yummy!

I love how you all adapted to sea life so fast and looks so natural.
Beautiful island...and no, doesn't take long to adjust to pure relaxation

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
cool - very clear water here...can't say i've ever heard of the island assume it's not well developed?

laughing re ry's finds, at least he didn't want to tote the broken tv home
I don't think it's very developed...I mean anyplace that has cattle just wandering around the roads and such... We had paved road at the beginning of the taxi ride...turned into sand/unpaved road It's a 'way far out there' island....not many people fly there for a visit and nobody arrives via cruise ship (too far).... I think it's more of a place people who have boats visit for a day or two. BUT, that is what keeps the crowds down too

Ryan and SIL toted that tv back from somewhere on the beach...they didn't find it near where we were. They both were telling us how heavy that little tv was! Told them it was their fault...they didn't HAVE to haul it back! Wonder if it's still there?

Last edited by bubba's mom; 09-03-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #40
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

Wow, I'm loving this TR! It's fun to read about something so different than my usual vacation -- and the photos are gorgeous!

Thx, Barb!

Maria
Old 09-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #41
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
Wow, I'm loving this TR! It's fun to read about something so different than my usual vacation -- and the photos are gorgeous!

Thx, Barb!

Maria
hey there

It was nice to do something totally different!! Now, that we've done it, we just look forward to doing it more...and maybe going some other places and doing it (Bahamas, maybe Belize...)
Old 09-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #42
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member

Day 11

Monday, July 9, 2012

Anegada...Day 2.

Good morning Anegada. It's so beautiful here, I have tons of pictures just from this morning. And yes, they were out to collect their fee this morning too. The water looks very different through my sunglasses (they're polarized), so I tried a couple of pictures through my sunglasses: 1 and 2. I won't bore you with the rest... I have a TON of pictures of just scenery. It's so beautiful, you can't help but take so many pictures.

This was truly starting as our 'relax day'. We slept in till probably around 9am! The lastest I've slept all vacation! One by one, the troops got up and we started having breakfast eats. This morning would be the day we would discover that you cannot run the air conditioner AND the toaster at the same time! Seems we'd blown a fuse and with a little call back to Sunsail, they told us where/how to reset it. All fixed, but NO more toaster with the air on...lesson learned!

Late morning we decided to head ashore. Today we would be taking a taxi to the other side of the island to Loblolly Bay Beach. And, of course we would be doing some snorkeling too! The ride wasn't very long, or exciting. Saw some locals on the way and stopped to look waaaay across to Flamingo Bay. They looked like little pink dots they were so far away, but the views were beautiful. Our ride was about 15 minutes or so and before we knew it, we arrived and before we left for the beach, we asked the driver to return and pick us up about 5pm. This was our 'open air' taxi.

Loblolly was a nice little area. Couple of beaches, gift shop, a restaurant, restrooms and very quiet and not crowded at all. We walked toward one of the beaches to settle in for the day.

We claimed our little part of the beach with our own little tiki and headed into the water. Of course we took a ton of pictures, but I'll just post a few of the better ones: I dubbed this one my new wallpaper for my laptop and love in paradise. Another 'married' picture...this time with the beautiful sand. (You can't see it, but it has a lot of red in it from coral.) Thinking we need to go somewhere less crowded?

There was some beautiful snorkeling here. Everyone but Michele and our nieces went out. It wasn't as shallow as the other side of the island that we were at yesterday, but the fish and things we saw here were just as good, if not better.

Scenes from today's snorkel: Randy, my nephew's family call him "Rickyfish" and we dubbed him the "Fish Whisperer" because these fish followed him around for THE longest time, see? This shell is kinda scary, dontchathink? On our way out, Randy spotted a conch shell. He picked it up for a closer look and hey look! ....somebody was home! Now don't be getting all upset, he did put him back where he found him. A little further out, we saw the barracuda! He even had an entourage with him. He is one mean lookin dude! We didn't stick around too long to watch him.

We were movin' on.... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, came across him again, 6, reef 1, 2, a fish we didn't see many of, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, say cheese, this fish blended well with the rock and reef, see?. He's bottom left corner, 14, 15, a little more color here, 16, 17 and 18.

On our way back in, we stopped to watch this fish that was blowing the sand on the bottom. He did one hole, then swam to the right and blew another hole. I believe he was eating whatever stirred up from the sand, but after he did the second hole, he went back to the first hole. We just floated here for about a minute just watching this dude. He was quite interesting.

I noticed how 'wavy' the sand on the bottom was. Seemed so natural and unspoiled. I have a few pictures because it was just so neat and undisturbed. We continued on in...still seeing fish. 19, 20, back to shore, and it's still beautiful. Ryan getting ready for lunch...just waiting for everyone else.

We were out for about an hour or so when eventually everyone had made their way in for lunch.

We all had a nice lunch at the Big Bamboo. The menu and drink menu 1 and 2. This was my view at lunch...the beach where we were. There were (spicy) wings and conch fritters for appetizers while we waited for our lunch.

Although it wasn't crowded, it sure took a long time for them to prepare and serve lunch. So, I eventually came up with an idea to speed things up. I decided to walk to the beach on the other side of the restaurant and see what was there. Nobody. Just beauty was all. I took a few pictures and Randy joined me. We took a picture of us and then headed back to the table. I was hoping it was one of those "if I leave the table, the food will come" deals. And, sure enough, I was gone all but 3 or 4 minutes, and the food arrived. Uh...you're welcome

Mostly chicken fingers and cheeseburgers were ordered...I was actually hungry and ordered a salad. We must have been the late lunch crowd, because by the time we were finished eating, everyone else had left? Oh well...we were ready to get back to the beach anyway.....

After lunch, we walked back to the beach and saw some ominous clouds. It never did rain on us, even though it seemed we were surrounded by rain clouds. Some went back out to snorkel, Ryan went out with his Dad and was his 'buddie'. Michele went out with the guys for a bit this time while I stayed behind with the girls and found shells along the beach and in the shallow water. When Michele came in, she went 'shelling' the smart way...with her snorkel still on. I put my mask and snorkel on and joined her.

We found some really pretty shells and coral here. And, out in deeper waters, my husband found me 2 sand dollars. They were extremely fragile and I was afraid they'd get broken on the trip home, but they did not. Once the guys had finished snorkeling and came ashore, we packed up and headed out toward the area we needed to pick up our taxi.

We had our taxi return for us about 5pm and he was early. While he was waiting for us, he took up a game of cards at the Big Bamboo and we just waited for him to finish. (That's called "island time".)

He drove us back to the dock where our dinghys were and we headed back to our boat. We got back not too long before 6pm. As soon as we got back to the boat, we remembered we forgot to bring back ice. We always need ice, so the guys went back ashore real quick and picked some up. It didn't take them long...they were back in no time. A quick wash of the deck and snorkel masks and the sun started setting already.

It was time to fire up the grills and start dinner. On the menu for tonight was steak, corn, 'smash' potatoes and salad. Always a family dinner and nice to spend the time talking with everyone. Might be why I can't find any pictures of dinner from tonight?

The teens were plenty hungry, of course, and they patiently waited for dinner. Ryan even decided to clean up the deck...because some grill ash had landed on it. Our Swabbie did a great job!

Some other pix while waiting on dinner and the sun to set. I have at least 36 pictures of the sun setting...I'll try to post just the best ones: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.

After a delicious dinner, Randy and I did the dishes and cleaned up again.

There was a family game of Go Fish and a very long game of Uno (we played with 2 decks of regular cards...plus 7 people...makes for a VERY long game!

Finally someone won and we called it a night. Showers and bed weren't too late tonight...probably between 10-11pm since we all slept in that day!

Tomorrow we leave for the next island....but I love this one......

Last edited by bubba's mom; 09-06-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #43
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Spent the afternoon/evening with you on the beautiful island of Anegada. Well not literally, but I enjoyed reading about your lovely arrival day and beach time.

That's funny about your neighbors taking a quick dip from thier boat early in the morning. Maybe they were conserving water with a swim in lieu of a shower.

Thanks for showing us pictures of the Necker Belle. That's probably as close as I will ever come to it.

I can't believe with all those scary looking rain clouds that you didn't get wet at all!

What a beautiful (and secluded) beach. How great that there were not a lot of others around.

Nice sunset! Don't blame you for snapping a photo (or two) (or more)

Your dinner looked amazing! Huge lobsters, Yummy food, amazing setting.

Great day and night!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #44
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Another beautiful day.
The taxi cracks me up.....what do you do if it rains...get wet I guess.
I love the snorkeling shots...I have to ask, since I have the same fuji camera...I know we are supposed to do something after having it in water...Do we rinse it or soak it to get the salt off? I haven't used it in water for over a year, and even then I didn't use it IN the water too much. This time I plan to snorkel and bring it along too.

That beach looks totally desserted...how nice to have it almost all to yourselves!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #45
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Spent the afternoon/evening with you on the beautiful island of Anegada. Well not literally, but I enjoyed reading about your lovely arrival day and beach time.

What a beautiful (and secluded) beach. How great that there were not a lot of others around.
I know it's a long read...(you're a trooper!)....very time consuming, but I try to make it interesting

Seemed like ALL of Anegada was secluded. You're either flying or taking a boat there...no cruises or tours (too far out)... One thing that makes it so wonderful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: