Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #16
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins

Congrats to your hubby! You bring up a good point about feeling compelled to use all the credits. I'm not a huge eater (although I do love desserts!!) and I've split with my Mom in the past when my parents came with us, but I'm not sure I could split with hubby. Honestly, I wish I could just order from the kids' menus - that would be a perfect portion for me. I've certainly done it at ctr svc, but it can't be done for table svc of course. Do you find that they frown on splitting in general at the restaurants or is that common?
Actually, my teen agers have ordered from kids menus at TS restaurants like Sci Fi when we pay out of pocket. The steak at Kona is probably 12 oz, it's shareable if you're not big eaters. when the girls were Young we always shared steak with them at the old Concourse steakhouse at the CR. the servers would actually split and pâté everything for us. Those were the good old days!
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14) upcoming BC 3/15

rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
Actually, my teen agers have ordered from kids menus at TS restaurants like Sci Fi when we pay out of pocket.
Really?! That surprises me. I didn't think that was allowed. Someone at Sunshine Seasons gave me kind of a hard time once when I was buying a kids' meal. (I love their sweet and sour Asian kids' meal) For me, I'd much rather have a smaller entree and a small dessert - that would be perfect for a sweet tooth like me. Part of the problem with splitting is that my hubby and I are not likely to order the same things. I never order steak or fish, whereas he's likely to order one of those. I prefer chicken or shrimp or pasta. And splitting with my daughter would be hard b/c she's at the age where she wants everything "plain." I REALLY hate wasting food though. If we were home, I'd doggie bag the leftovers, but that's not possible at Disney.
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #18
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

After MUCH deliberation and reading reviews and posts here, I think I've finally completed our dining itinerary. (complete with reservations) And through sharing here and there (esp. for ctr svc), I've actually managed to get quite a bit out of a std dining plan.

Day 1 (SeaWorld): Dinner @ Landscapes of Flavor
Day 2 (HS): Lunch @ 50's Prime Time (1 meal OOP), Hoop Dee Doo Revue (cat. 1)
Day 3 (SeaWorld then MK): Breakfast @ Capt. Cook's, Ctr Svc dinner
Day 4 (Epcot): Lunch @ Akershus, Dinner @ Sunshine Seasons
Day 5 (MK): Breakfast @ Landscapes of Flavor, Lunch @ Be Our Guest, Dinner @ Ohana
Day 6 (Univ. IOA): Dinner @ Contempo Cafe
Day 7 (Epcot): Lunch @ Coral Reef, Ctr Svc dinner
Day 8 (MK): Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare, lunch @ Sleepy Hollow (OOP), Dinner @ Be Our Guest
Day 9 (AK): Breakfast @ The Mara, Snack credit lunch, dinner @ 1900 Park Fare
20 other snack credits to spare

So glad to have it all ironed out. Now if we can just get free dining and have the Little Mermaid room included, I'll be VERY happy and relieved!
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dining, itinerary, restaurants

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: