Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #46
kwelsh
Earning My Ears

If you can't find someplace near to measure and fit you for a bra, QVC sells a device that helps you measure yourself to find your correct bra size. They sell a line of bras called Breezies that I have had luck with. QVC also sell Wachoal bras and bras by Kathleen Kirkwood. I've been living in one of her bras. My friend tried the Genie Bra and loved it, my Mom hated it, but QVC also sells Genie bras.
kwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #47
ktlm
DIS Veteran

I'm a bit larger in that area. If you can find a Soma (owned by the same company that owns the Chico's stores), they are really good for the larger sizes, and they usually have a good $14.00 sale rack in the store. You can also buy on their website, but that may be hard if you have never tried them on before. Calvin Klein also makes some styles that are a very good fit for the larger size, but they can be pretty pricey- I want to say usually $38-$42. I have never once since I had DD (who is directly responsible for the current size of my ribcage and the girls) been able to remotely fit into a Victoria's Secret bra.

Watch out for those department store bra fitters too. Some of them don't know what they are doing. I had one at Dillards insist that I was a 34D, aside from the fact that if I could get a 34 fastened-which was no easy feat and most of them I couldn't- then it was cutting off my circulation to the point where I absolutely couldn't breathe. In fact, having one on for a few seconds left huge red marks around the band. I knew I wasn't a 34 anymore because that is what I was pre-DD. When I told her there was no way that was the right size, she told me I just wasn't used to it yet and insisted that was the right size for me. FYI- I'm a 38, not a 34.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #48
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I am a 42DD. I think VS has them on-line and I can never find them in the store.

If you are endowed and want a good t-shirt bra...Dillard's sells Modern Movement. The underwire is comfortable, and the ribbing on the sides gives me extra support. There is a minimal soft padding which makes it a great t-shirt bra. It is the only bra I wear now. They come in white, nude, beige and a coffee color I know--not sure aout black or pastels. I can usually find them on sale on-line. Some of my bras have lasted over a year and a half--I never put them in the dryer.

One of the other things I wear daily is a bra liner. They are a great if you are a plus size woman and sweat. They are thin cotton liners that lie under the breast to that the wires do not rub and absorb moisture. I wear one daily and throw them in the wash--they last FOREVER. I purchase them in a 3 pack for 10$ from Walter Drake. They come in different lengths and are plain white. You cannot see them under my bra. Best thing ever.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #49
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymummer View Post
I am also "blessed". Try Victoria's Secret. My best ones have come from there...They are expensive but very worth it. Plus, They last a long time.
Agree! I don't know the name of the one I have but it has 3 hooks and has light padding. They last forever and I wash them on delicate and hang them to dry and they hold up great! I usually buy a lot at one time and I think I bought the last set 3 or 4 years ago and the underwire just came out of one of them last week!

You can have someone measure you at the store but I've found that I have to order all of mine online. The store usually goes up to a D but very, very limited selection above that. I'm in a DD so I usually go directly online and get what I need.

I do wish the straps were a little wider but they are really comfy. I think they are Body By Victoria, full coverage, with minimal padding.
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #50
Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo
Dis Veteran

Go to JC Penneys!

I wore underwire bras all my life, but a few years ago found the best, wireless bra, with excellent support, at Penney's! I would never have thought a wireless bra would hold 'the girls' up like a wired, but I was wrong. I am a 40DDD, so they have larger sizes, and they even come in beige, taupe, and light blue, in those larger sizes! I still can't get a black in my size, though.
It's Playtex 18 hour comfort strap bra, #4693 , only around $20. I highly suggest you try it! Good luck!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #51
DisneyDreamer0610
Earning My Ears

i swear by victoria secret! they're the best! You can also try maiden form....I LOVE theirs...I can't explain how much I love MaidenForm bras! They are just THAT comfortable...and economical! Try an outlet for one and you can get a great one for 20-35 bux!
DisneyDreamer0610 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: