Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
DisneyDreamer04
Mouseketeer

Red face OT-women only

I need some help.. I need a bra. A good underwire bra. I have been blessed with large ones(if u can call it a blessing) and after three children I need something to hold them up better....

I do not care the price, because all of them I own break the wire, or the side wire KILLS me under my arm. I am at a loss of what to do? I have went to lane Bryant, bought at kohls.. Olga Bali, etc.. Anyone PLEASE help.
DisneyDreamer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
phillymummer
DIS Veteran

I am also "blessed". Try Victoria's Secret. My best ones have come from there. If you have a store near you, get an employee to measure you and she'll help you get a good one. They don't just have lacy, skimpy push-up bras. They have full-coverage functional bras for those of us who are well-endowed. They are expensive but very worth it. Plus, They last a long time.

Oct 2012 POFQ- First trip planned all by myself (and with plenty of help from The Dis!)
Next trip (Hopefully) 2015 to Universal!
phillymummer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymummer View Post
I am also "blessed". Try Victoria's Secret. My best ones have come from there. If you have a store near you, get an employee to measure you and she'll help you get a good one. They don't just have lacy, skimpy push-up bras. They have full-coverage functional bras for those of us who are well-endowed. They are expensive but very worth it. Plus, They last a long time.
I agree with this. They are the best bras I ahve ever bought...expensive, but worth it.
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream
usd2bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usd2bmd

I agree with this. They are the best bras I ahve ever bought...expensive, but worth it.
Does Victoria Secret carry bigger cups finally? I'm a 38 DD, and they told me they don't carry that size. I like Felini I believe Nordstrom, and Macys carry them. Their is another one I like, but my morning coffee hasn't kicked in, and I can't remember. I'm sure soon it will pop in my head.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09

Does Victoria Secret carry bigger cups finally? I'm a 38 DD, and they told me they don't carry that size. I like Felini I believe Nordstrom, and Macys carry them. Their is another one I like, but my morning coffee hasn't kicked in, and I can't remember. I'm sure soon it will pop in my head.
Wacoal I walked in my bedroom, and checked I believe Dillard's, Macy, and Nordstroms sells them. Nordstroms also has free shipping, and a very liberal return policy.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:29 AM   #6
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09

Wacoal I walked in my bedroom, and checked I believe Dillard's, Macy, and Nordstroms sells them. Nordstroms also has free shipping, and a very liberal return policy.
When I was a little smaller like a full C I always felt VS was overpriced flimsy bras. Also Layne Bryant bras are made by the same manufacture that VS gets theirs from. If you don't like them you won't like Victoria Secret.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #7
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
I agree with buying from Victoria's secret. I'm a 36DD, and that is the only place I have found that offers a bra with support that lasts. I went into the store to be measured, and then bought one bra in the store. After that, I bought the same style bra online in a couple different colors. There is a MUCH better color selection online for larger sizes than there is in the store.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

ILikeWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
Familyof4lovesDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know they do carry some DD. I would have them measure you though. Some of their styles are not really DD like their pink collection, a DD in pink is like a C.

A friend of mine get her bras at layne bryant and they have a seperate bra store called soma? Their bras are really cute.

She wears a DD at soma I wear a DD at VS, and well, mine are nowhere as big as hers lol So I would have both places measure you, since they both sell 38 DD and see what you like

BTW, I wear a 34DD and VS seems to be the only ones who carrry that size. They have coupons, so I always wait for a $10 off and/or a free panty.

Last edited by Familyof4lovesDW; 08-14-2012 at 06:55 AM. Reason: add more info
Familyof4lovesDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
they absolutely do
and if you can find a VS outlet, the prices are amazing (there is one in riverhead, long island). they normally have a good selection also. the bras i prefer in 32/34DD are usually about $13 at the outlet, $45-50 retail just try to never go after a holiday weekend - they get wiped out of a lot.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #10
DisneyDreamer04
Mouseketeer

Ok, I will try the bra from Nordstrom, and I have been to VS and they told me to go to lane Bryant. I am a 40 triple d?

Thank u guys so much for your input. I value these boards for everything
Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer04
Ok, I will try the bra from Nordstrom, and I have been to VS and they told me to go to lane Bryant. I am a 40 triple d?

The same company makes their bras. The Wacoal and Felini are excellent quality. I think way better than VS. I dont have issues with wires or them falling apart. I also get some of mine made at a local bra shop.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #12
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer04

Also you may want to try a E cup it could fit better than a DDD they are very close in being the same.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
DisneyDreamer04
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much aubreysmom

You have helped a ton
Old 08-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
Lolsmum
Mouseketeer

I thought I liked Victoria's Secret until discovering Bravissimo. Amazing. I look slimmer, the wires don't poke me now and I am more supported.

They carry a lot of brands, all in cup sizes D and up.

I personally prefer Panache bras. They suit my shape.
Lolsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

The most important thing is to get fitted properly. So many women wear the wrong size. Dillards, Macy's, Belk, Nordstroms all have folks who have been trained to measure you properly.

If you want a smaller store, check to see if you have a Soma. The folks that work there will also make sure you are fitted properly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: