Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #16
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
I loved my experience with national (also a sister company with Enterprise and Alamo). No counter or kiosk required. We got a minivan. Signed up for the emerald club and walked right up to a MV, got in and drove up to the booth and off to WDW.
Next time we won't need a minivan, so we can reserve a midsize and then upgrade for free to any car that is in the Emerald Aisle when we get there...no counter or kiosk!
Yep, just show your license at the exit and you are off!!! It is a GREAT benefit.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #17
neuend1
Mouseketeer

There are differences between Alamo, National, and Enterprise

I go to WDW frequently. I prefer National as I can just walk out to the garage and pick my car. However, National can be more expensive. In that case, I go with Alamo who is definitely cheaper. But because I use coupons, I have to either stop at the Kiosk or go out to the garage booth to check-in. No big deal and I have always had good experiences with both National and Alamo. However, Enterprise was another story. I will NOT rent from them again and I will tell you why.

I am handicapped with mobility issues. I can walk but not very far before I am in pain (degenerative arthritis).

In April 2011, I rented from Enterprise (first time) at MCO. I was able to get a mid size SUV because of my walker and handicap. We had it one day and drove to the resort and parked. In the morning the car would not start. I called Enterprise but they said they would not help us out since I did not get the insurance for "help" Don't remember what they called it. I called AAA as I have a membership with them. The guy who came out said that this particular car was notorious for bad batteries (from the factory) and I should not keep it but return it to Enterprise for a different model. I then called the few Enterprise locations close to WDW to see if I could exchange this car once I got it started using AAA. The fellow there said they had very few cars on hand and that I would have to drive back out to the airport to exchange this car. Luckily, we had no plans for that day so I drove all the way back to the airport. Here is where the difficulty began. Remember I am handicapped and cannot walk far. The Enterprise garage people would not exchange the car and made me walk all the way back to the Enterprise counter in the airport so that I could get the necessary okay. Then I had to walk all the way back to the garage to get another car. The car I got was far better than the one I had that had died on me. However, I was quite sore and had to rest for that day and the next, taking Tylenol 3 pills to alleviate the pain. I have to laugh when I see there ads on TV saying how much they care for their customers. Well, maybe they care about able bodied customers but they sure didn't care about me. With all those cars in the garage, you think they could have at least drove me over to the airport where the rental counter is. So NO MORE Enterprise for me!
neuend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #18
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuend1 View Post
I go to WDW frequently. I prefer National as I can just walk out to the garage and pick my car. However, National can be more expensive. In that case, I go with Alamo who is definitely cheaper. But because I use coupons, I have to either stop at the Kiosk or go out to the garage booth to check-in. No big deal and I have always had good experiences with both National and Alamo. However, Enterprise was another story. I will NOT rent from them again and I will tell you why.

I am handicapped with mobility issues. I can walk but not very far before I am in pain (degenerative arthritis).

In April 2011, I rented from Enterprise (first time) at MCO. I was able to get a mid size SUV because of my walker and handicap. We had it one day and drove to the resort and parked. In the morning the car would not start. I called Enterprise but they said they would not help us out since I did not get the insurance for "help" Don't remember what they called it. I called AAA as I have a membership with them. The guy who came out said that this particular car was notorious for bad batteries (from the factory) and I should not keep it but return it to Enterprise for a different model. I then called the few Enterprise locations close to WDW to see if I could exchange this car once I got it started using AAA. The fellow there said they had very few cars on hand and that I would have to drive back out to the airport to exchange this car. Luckily, we had no plans for that day so I drove all the way back to the airport. Here is where the difficulty began. Remember I am handicapped and cannot walk far. The Enterprise garage people would not exchange the car and made me walk all the way back to the Enterprise counter in the airport so that I could get the necessary okay. Then I had to walk all the way back to the garage to get another car. The car I got was far better than the one I had that had died on me. However, I was quite sore and had to rest for that day and the next, taking Tylenol 3 pills to alleviate the pain. I have to laugh when I see there ads on TV saying how much they care for their customers. Well, maybe they care about able bodied customers but they sure didn't care about me. With all those cars in the garage, you think they could have at least drove me over to the airport where the rental counter is. So NO MORE Enterprise for me!
There is no way to drive you to the counter. They most definitely care for their customers, however, they cannot provide services that do not exist. There are liability issues here and return agents cannot drive out of the garage. The exchange of a vehicle means that you need to return the car, select a new one and have the exchange noted on your contract. The cars in the return area are waiting to be prepped for rental, not to ferry people around. I am sorry that you were in pain, but, IF you had requested a manager, I am sure they would have made it a bit easier for you. But, please don't get angry at Enterprise because you did not ask for help.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: