Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #1006
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
I think this calls for the banana dance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMickey View Post
That's great news!!!
Thank you both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Thanks for understanding about how difficult it was to leave Bonnie and not get to see her when I wanted. "Back then" they didn't make premie clothes. I helped to pass the time by making her outfits out of very soft knit and batiste. I used an 18 inch doll pattern. I also took regular gauze diapers, cut them in half and folded them in half again. I seamed up the sides, turned them so the seam was inside and stitched the ends closed. I made 4 dozen diapers out of 2 dozen. The hardest part was the "rubber pants" to go over her diapers. I used the doll pattern and lined the pants with thick white flannel and used the fabric to match her dress on the outside. I was so excited when she could finally wear "regular" baby clothes!! She used the clothes for her doll when she got older, so I don't have any of them. What was I thinking!!!
Wow, she must have been the best dressed preemie around town! I'm sure you have some treasured pictures of her in those tiny clothes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
Rick-rack - I'm assuming it needs to be hand sewn on?

My goal is to try to get my daughters to have a fashion show tonight and try on dresses and let me take pictures. If not tonight this weekend for sure. I have finished 14 of 20 planned outfits (10 for each of 2 girls). 15 and 16 are cut out. 17 and 18 I am waiting on some additional materials to be delivered and 19 and 20 I have material picked out (and it is laundered and ironed) I just haven't decided on a pattern. T-minus 49 days to go. I can do this.

In addition I have made one dress for my 10 month old neice and have some tee-shirts I need to finish for my 4 year old nephew, 10 month old neice and 10 and 13 year old neices. Those shouldn't take too long though because they are just iron ons.
No, you can machine sew rickrack with no problem. Just sew straight down the center of it. I use it all the time and I had never even considered hand stitching it. I'm too lazy!

Boy you sure have been busy! You have plenty more time to get just a few more outfits finished. It sounds like you are a good part of the way there on some of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger_mommy View Post
The Halloween dress, is done! Well, ok I have need to put a couple of darts in the bust, but it is done enough. Looks like complete poo on a hanger so bear with me.

The front
That's very cute! I love the Halloween material!

Well, in big news, we had our huge break the fast dinner tonight. My SIL and BIL came with their two little ones. While they were here they pulled me and DH aside to tell us that they would like to take their two kids and our girls to to Disney World over winter break. My SIL is big on doing experience type gifts with the kids instead of just giving them a gift. They are taking the kids and will probably be gone about 9 to 10 days altogether. I think my girls might have to miss a couple of days of school. I will have to look at the calendar to be sure. Anyhow, they want to do this with the girls as their bat mitzvah gift. My girls are so super excited! They are going to spend 3 days at Disney, a day at Legoland and then a day or two just lounging around the hotel. They are going to stay at the Art of Animation place.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #1007
love to stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The Halloween dress, is done! Well, ok I have need to put a couple of darts in the bust, but it is done enough. Looks like complete poo on a hanger so bear with me.

The front

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8fdfd1ed.jpg
The back

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b57c1c.jpg
As good of a close up as I could get of the pattern at the moment.
That is a really cute dress.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 06:06 AM   #1008
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post

Well, in big news, we had our huge break the fast dinner tonight. My SIL and BIL came with their two little ones. While they were here they pulled me and DH aside to tell us that they would like to take their two kids and our girls to to Disney World over winter break. My SIL is big on doing experience type gifts with the kids instead of just giving them a gift. They are taking the kids and will probably be gone about 9 to 10 days altogether. I think my girls might have to miss a couple of days of school. I will have to look at the calendar to be sure. Anyhow, they want to do this with the girls as their bat mitzvah gift. My girls are so super excited! They are going to spend 3 days at Disney, a day at Legoland and then a day or two just lounging around the hotel. They are going to stay at the Art of Animation place.
that is awesome. We tend to do more of experience gifts here. I think the memories at times are better than the tangiable gift.

that is so great.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #1009
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkNH

the good did indeed outweigh the bad...even tho at times it did not feel that way I got enough good happy pictures of her that we can focus on those memories

Have a great time!!! Post pics so I can live vicariously!!
Going to our first park this morning. I will be posting lots of pics on Facebook. I have few resort one's on there now. Got to get my Photopass+ card while the boys head to Carsland and all will be awesome !
Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #1010
billwendy
DIS Veteran

I love experience gifts too - wether its something simple like going on a picnic with Aunt Wendy or something like going to a museum together - I love to try to build memories!!!

That is awesome that your girls are getting to go AND stay at the Art of Animation!!!!!!!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #1011
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
that is awesome. We tend to do more of experience gifts here. I think the memories at times are better than the tangiable gift.

that is so great.
The girls are sooooo excited! And bringing them along is actually a good for my SIL and BIL because they help with the little ones and give the parents a little bit of time to relax. My little niece just adores my girls and my girls love her too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
I love experience gifts too - wether its something simple like going on a picnic with Aunt Wendy or something like going to a museum together - I love to try to build memories!!!

That is awesome that your girls are getting to go AND stay at the Art of Animation!!!!!!!!!
It is especially nice to do things with the kids to build memories. I tried to do that with my brothers kids too but it got very hard once I had my own two little ones because the kids were all so close in age. But my kids and my brothers kids will have memories of spending holidays together and we've done a couple of really nice vacations together. They've kind of grown up together. I agree that building memories with these kinds of things are much more treasured than another doll or toy.

I don't know too much about the Art of Animation. I do know that they have family sized suites which is what made it work for them on this trip.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #1012
tricia
Goes to show you that even lurkers get tagged!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorkBorkBork View Post

DD loves Totoro now and this design was free! Here's the link if anyone's interested: http://cyatutorials.blogspot.com/201...rn-totoro.html

I am finding really cool embroidery designs at urbanthreads.com and I wanted to recommend them for teens or adults--lots of cool things that are not your "typical" embroidery designs!
Cute. Never heard of Totoro, but I LOVE Urban Threads. Make sure you visit often and download their freebie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkNH View Post

Ohana breakfast...note DDs face...

a change of dress improved her mood some
Oh, no fun that Maddie was having a tough time. At least you were able to roll with it and have fun anyway.

Quote:

The front
Cute. I just used that fabric for a Halloween dress for the MSB launch recently.

Quote:

No, you can machine sew rickrack with no problem. Just sew straight down the center of it. I use it all the time and I had never even considered hand stitching it. I'm too lazy!

I'm lazy like that too. As little hand sewing as I can get away with.

And that sounds like a super trip for the girls.

AKL - September 2009 Universal RPR - March 2009
ASSp - March 2007 ASSp - March 2006
Pop - March 2004 ASSp- May 2003
ASMo- Sept 2000 ASSp- April 1996
WL- July 1994 CBR- 1998
ME DH DS15 DS11
tricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #1013
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

So picture time

Day #1 MVMCP

MVMCP by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

Day #2 Epcot - To Be determined Outfit not finalized yet

Day #3 DHS

2012-09-19 21.56.39 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr
I switched to a tourquois sheet and I'm waiting on the iron one. It will be a Minnie Mouse Snowman. I went with the Winter Mickey to go with Osborne Lights.

Day#4 Epcot

IMG_5800 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr
Small World Winter Twirl Skirt (the 2 year old was ready for bed at this point)

Day #5 AK

IMG_5714 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

And a closeup to show the cute buttons

IMG_5790 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

Day #6 MK
Princess Dresses

Princess Dress Top by peachygreen2010, on Flickr
And the full shot version

IMG_5786 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

Day #7 Thanksgiving @ DHS

IMG_5796 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

Day #8 MK

IMG_5801 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr
I think I am going to change shirts to a Mickey Mouse Shirt I am going to make.

Day #9 Epcot
To Be Determined

In addition I have a separate dress for CRT on Day #6 (evening) (no picture yet) and a polka dot dress I am making for Day #1 Breakfast at Chef Mickey. I might end up reusing a dress or 2 for Epcot. We will see. I am waiting on some supplies to arrive to finish day 2 & 9.

The 2 year old was not in a dress up mood last night but her's match her big sisters.

I find it very humerous that my 6 year old felt the need to spread out her skirt in every picture to show it off.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #1014
smile5sunshine
Think of the happiest thing, it's the same as having wings!

I could have SWORN I posted yesterday, but apparently I didn't...

Quote:
Quote:
The girls are sooooo excited! And bringing them along is actually a good for my SIL and BIL because they help with the little ones and give the parents a little bit of time to relax. My little niece just adores my girls and my girls love her too.
That is SO cool! What a wonderful trip for them and it's so nice they'll be able to "earn their keep" as well! Hopefully you'll enjoy the break as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
Going to our first park this morning. I will be posting lots of pics on Facebook. I have few resort one's on there now. Got to get my Photopass+ card while the boys head to Carsland and all will be awesome !
HURRAY! Hope you are having a blast!

Quote:
Thanks for understanding about how difficult it was to leave Bonnie and not get to see her when I wanted. "Back then" they didn't make premie clothes. I helped to pass the time by making her outfits out of very soft knit and batiste. I used an 18 inch doll pattern. I also took regular gauze diapers, cut them in half and folded them in half again. I seamed up the sides, turned them so the seam was inside and stitched the ends closed. I made 4 dozen diapers out of 2 dozen. The hardest part was the "rubber pants" to go over her diapers. I used the doll pattern and lined the pants with thick white flannel and used the fabric to match her dress on the outside. I was so excited when she could finally wear "regular" baby clothes!! She used the clothes for her doll when she got older, so I don't have any of them. What was I thinking!!!
Golly I can just imagine the beautiful outfits she must have worn!

Quote:

It's Heather's design: http://froufroubyheathersue.com/#ecw...roduct=8777603

I love it on my coat because it's very Disney (and geeky!) but noooobody knows what it is unless they too love Disney.
HA HA, kind of like a litmus test for the "true followers"!

Quote:

The front

The back

As good of a close up as I could get of the pattern at the moment.
That turned out really nice! I love how you used the mickey fabric as a border.

Quote:

My goal is to try to get my daughters to have a fashion show tonight and try on dresses and let me take pictures. If not tonight this weekend for sure. I have finished 14 of 20 planned outfits (10 for each of 2 girls). 15 and 16 are cut out. 17 and 18 I am waiting on some additional materials to be delivered and 19 and 20 I have material picked out (and it is laundered and ironed) I just haven't decided on a pattern. T-minus 49 days to go. I can do this.

In addition I have made one dress for my 10 month old neice and have some tee-shirts I need to finish for my 4 year old nephew, 10 month old neice and 10 and 13 year old neices. Those shouldn't take too long though because they are just iron ons.
Oh I can't wait to see the fashion show!

And yes, supposedly ric-rac can be sewn on with a machine but apparently I sew like a drunkard because I can never do it and make it look nice. I always end up going off to the sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Thanks for the prayers! My daughter did hold little Caroline today and she (the baby) is no longer using anything to help her breath. She has come such a long way in just 24 hours!
HURRAY! Continuing to pray that Caroline gets stronger and stronger each day and can go home quickly!

Quote:
it is by aivilo charlotte..the one shoulder one. The other ..in the nemo fabric was the free one from oliver + that someone posted a while back...with the 3 ruffles..I loved how that came out and so did she!
Thanks so much for giving me the name. I've got it bookmarked so when I finally have the extra money to order it, I can.

Quote:

I did get the all clear today. No sign of cancer! HOORAY! I made my appointment for the next one in six months. My oncologist doesn't want to see me again until after that one.
THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Quote:

Sooo, anyone with an active doggie out there. Its dark now when we get home, so Tigger and I cant go out and play ball!!! I pay for it if that doggie doesnt get his exercise!!! lol...our neighbor girl comes over and walks him after school, but he has soooo much more energy than that!!! lol...what do you all do????
My JRT likes to play fetch too. We use a tennis ball and I try to bounce it off the walls so it ricochets and goes in an unexpected direction. My pup can play this game for hours if we let him, but it's the best way we've found for indoor burning off of energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
I can do the single digit dance today I only have 3 shirts left and will start posting everything soon, hopefully
HURRAY for being so close to being done! Can't wait to see what you've been working on.

Quote:
I have probably made about 25 things with my 770 in the last 3 weeks. I love it! I've had some frustrating moments trying to get the hoop to click back on sometimes but for the most part it's been awesome. I've mostly been making Halloween shirts for all the nieces and nephews but here's something technically Disney I made!

DD loves Totoro now and this design was free! Here's the link if anyone's interested: http://cyatutorials.blogspot.com/201...rn-totoro.html

I am finding really cool embroidery designs at urbanthreads.com and I wanted to recommend them for teens or adults--lots of cool things that are not your "typical" embroidery designs!
The bag looks great! So glad you are enjoying your embroidery machine so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post
HI VB,
Yes, I did the big jump to FB. A lot has happened to our family since my posts here.

We moved.....to the Netherlands. DH wanted to see more of Europe, so he got a new job on a 2 year contract. He is very happy and I am adjusting.

Our stuff had huge problems and as of today our goods should arrive on the 3 of Oct, over 6 months later!

I bought a Singer 1934 treadle machine and also a Gritzner hand crank, both for 25 Euro. I really love the treadle and am using to do some straight stitching as that is all it can do, forward and straight.

We won't be seeing WDW for the next two years but did buy AP's to Disneyland Paris because it is just 3 hours away by high speed train. We can do weekend get aways.
WOW what a rollercoaster! FX all your belongings made it there. I'm sure it will feel like Christmas morning as you are unpacking all those boxes!

I'm going to whine a bit, so please forgive me in advance! My ILs and BIL/SIL/nephew are coming to stay with us in about a week so I am in major clean up mode. I've been "fall cleaning" the house so it's ready for them all. Yesterday I washed windows and curtains. Today I spent HOURS wiping down all the doors and scrubbing marker/crayon/pencil/pen markings off the walls (my DS2 has been horrendous about drawing on the walls). The kiddos did help but BOY am I tired and cursing my textured walls! I figure though if I deep clean a little something everyday, then I should have enough time to get the house in order for our guests. But cleaning is NO FUN.

Want to know the task I dread the most? Figuring out some place to store all my sewing and fabric.

Sunshine
smile5sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #1015
Tigger1221
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
Glad the Brother dealer was better. I love my PE770 but the old codger who runs the local store (I got mine sight-unseen on Amazon.) was poo-pooing the 770 saying he would never sell it and you get what you pay for and giving me the hard sell for a more expensive machine. They had TONS of Disney stuff too, but it was all super pricey and all embroidery fills, no appliques, which I prefer anyway. I found all my resources for great patterns on this thread, or PM me and I can send you my list.

!
Thanks I have really enjoyed looking through this thread. My mom ended up getting the Brother Isodore Innov-is 5000. It's a Laura Ashley not Disney but it was half-off and did more than the Disney one she was looking at. She will be taking a lesson on friday on how to embroider with it. I have been looking on esty for some Applique designs and have found a ton of cute stuff and I just clicked on the link to the Heather Sue site and I saw what she needs to make soon so I will be pointing her in that direction too. She is hoping to make us matching Disney shirts for our trip in a few weeks.

Here is one of the Halloween costumes she made Lilly:

[IMG]

She also made a matching bib for her and it will be what she wear on Halloween.

April 2013-DD's 3rd trip, Dec.2012, Oct.2012- DD's 1st trips!!!!
Tigger1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #1016
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Am I the only one who has a great dislike of sewing on buttons? I always laugh when people see what I do and make the comment that they can't even sew on a button. I can but I really hate doing it. Its not the button holes, its the buttons. Yesterday I finally made myself sit down and sew buttons on the girls clothes. I did 16 buttons on 4 outfits. Done. Well that is until I finish the outfits I am doing right now because they too have buttons.
I have a foot that will let you sew the buttons on, like Diane mentioned, BUT I have never used it. I usually just hand sew the buttons on while I am watching TV in the evenings.

Quote:
Yes, today was Happy Barium Swallow Study Day!!! EWWWWWW that barium was awful!!! They made me drink it, but never made me eat anything with it which is my problem sometimes. Grrrrr - oh well....It came back looking good - next up is a Gallbladder function test to see if thats functioning properly. I have Reflux that isnt responding to the one medicine they have tried so far...lol....oh well - Just keep swimming!!! I am finding out how healthy I am!!! and have lost a ton of weight since the middle of August - lol....looking at the positive side, right

Meanwhile, I want to go to DISNEY WORLD sooooo bad!! I thought I had Bill talked all into it, but then he pulls the "I have a rather new job and used my vacation for Camp Promise".....grrrrrrrrr.....still trying to pursuade him into a few days!!!
Glad your barium testing is over and that everything looked good. I hope everything turns out ok with the Gallbladder. I hope you can convince Billy to take a short trip. I have this "I NEED to go to Disney" feeling.

Quote:
We are back home...and I am having serious withdrawal

Sadly Maddie had a really really rough week and refused to wear several of the outfits I had made her, and the ones she did wear she fussed and cried except when we were on a ride or actively doing something. I did get a few pictures of some of the outfits tho....and I plan to not think about the yucky moments and just focus on the good stuff.
Looks like you had a fun trip! I think you got some great pictures and it look like Maddie enjoyed some of your outfits. I love the family picture with Mickey and Minnie. I'm afraid I might fuss and cry if I have to wait too long for a ride or show at Disney!!! It seems like you have lots of good memories to focus on. Everyone looks super cute in the outfits you made. I can't decide which ones I like best! Your DS is a cutie too. I see that both he and Maddie are 4, are they twins?

Quote:
The care of premies has come so far. When my daughter was born in 1967, she came 12 weeks early. She weighed 2 lbs 6 oz and was 14 inches long. I was "allowed" to look at her (while she was in her isolett) through a glass for 15 minutes 2 times a week. I wasn't allowed to hold her or even touch her until the day she came home (when she was 2 months 1 day old--which was at least a month sooner than they had predicted.) I had to call at exactly 9:10 each morning if I wanted an update on her. What helped me keep my sanity was a friend who was doing her pediatric residency at the same hospital (which was considered state of the art at the time) who called me and told me little snippets of information about her.
Oh Piper, that must have been a very scary time. From having the early delivery and then not being able to even see her everyday. It is a miracle that she was able to come home in 2 months after being so small at birth. I can't imagine having a baby that fit into 18" doll clothes. Making the diapers was a good idea. It is too bad that you don't have any of the clothes you made. Actually, the only baby clothes that we have from when I was little are the clothes that I used to dress my doll in.

Quote:
HI VB,
Yes, I did the big jump to FB. A lot has happened to our family since my posts here.

We moved.....to the Netherlands. DH wanted to see more of Europe, so he got a new job on a 2 year contract. He is very happy and I am adjusting.

Our stuff had huge problems and as of today our goods should arrive on the 3 of Oct, over 6 months later!

I bought a Singer 1934 treadle machine and also a Gritzner hand crank, both for 25 Euro. I really love the treadle and am using to do some straight stitching as that is all it can do, forward and straight.

We won't be seeing WDW for the next two years but did buy AP's to Disneyland Paris because it is just 3 hours away by high speed train. We can do weekend get aways.
Hi April, that is a big life change for you and your family. I can't imagine not having my stuff for 6 months. I hope it arrives on Oct 3rd (I see you have already converted to the European ways of writing the date ). Living abroad will be a wonderful experience for your family. Plus you are close to Disneyland Paris. Can't wait to hear about your visit.

Quote:
Thanks for the prayers! My daughter did hold little Caroline today and she (the baby) is no longer using anything to help her breath. She has come such a long way in just 24 hours!
Yeah - how exciting. What great progress for Caroline (I love that name). It sounds like she will be home soon.

Quote:
I did get the all clear today. No sign of cancer! HOORAY! I made my appointment for the next one in six months. My oncologist doesn't want to see me again until after that one.
That is great news Diane.

Quote:
Much cooler than, say, the teddy bear sitting on a stump playing an accordian that came preloaded with my machine! Although I have threatened to put that on a polo for DH!
I think that would look great on your DH's shirt. I lost the quote, but your bag came out great.

Quote:
You did a great job on the dress.

Quote:
That sounds like a perfect gift for the girls. I think they will really enjoy Disney with their cousins. It will be a good "excuse" to do all the stuff they might think they are getting too old for. Seeing Disney thru the eyes of a child is a great experience. Plus you and your DH will have a nice little "vacation" while the girls are having theirs.

Quote:
So picture time

In addition I have a separate dress for CRT on Day #6 (evening) (no picture yet) and a polka dot dress I am making for Day #1 Breakfast at Chef Mickey. I might end up reusing a dress or 2 for Epcot. We will see. I am waiting on some supplies to arrive to finish day 2 & 9.

The 2 year old was not in a dress up mood last night but her's match her big sisters.

I find it very humerous that my 6 year old felt the need to spread out her skirt in every picture to show it off.
You have been BUSY! Everything is great. I love the Christmas dresses and the princess dresses. They look so cute in everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post
I'm going to whine a bit, so please forgive me in advance! My ILs and BIL/SIL/nephew are coming to stay with us in about a week so I am in major clean up mode. I've been "fall cleaning" the house so it's ready for them all. Yesterday I washed windows and curtains. Today I spent HOURS wiping down all the doors and scrubbing marker/crayon/pencil/pen markings off the walls (my DS2 has been horrendous about drawing on the walls). The kiddos did help but BOY am I tired and cursing my textured walls! I figure though if I deep clean a little something everyday, then I should have enough time to get the house in order for our guests. But cleaning is NO FUN.

Want to know the task I dread the most? Figuring out some place to store all my sewing and fabric.

Sunshine
That does not sound like fun. I think I should have guests over more often since that is the only time I really do a deep cleaning of the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1221 View Post
Thanks I have really enjoyed looking through this thread. My mom ended up getting the Brother Isodore Innov-is 5000. It's a Laura Ashley not Disney but it was half-off and did more than the Disney one she was looking at. She will be taking a lesson on friday on how to embroider with it. I have been looking on esty for some Applique designs and have found a ton of cute stuff and I just clicked on the link to the Heather Sue site and I saw what she needs to make soon so I will be pointing her in that direction too. She is hoping to make us matching Disney shirts for our trip in a few weeks.

She looks so cute in her little bat girl outfit. Congrats to your mom on her new machine. Looks like you DD will get to benefit!!!

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #1017
TinkNH
just not quite ready to let go of summer and flip flops
I can craft and type

Quote:
So picture time

Day #1 MVMCP

Day #3 DHS

I switched to a tourquois sheet and I'm waiting on the iron one. It will be a Minnie Mouse Snowman. I went with the Winter Mickey to go with Osborne Lights.

Day#4 Epcot

Day #5 AK

Day #6 MK
Princess Dresses

Day #8 MK

Day #9 Epcot
To Be Determined

I love everything...those giraffe dresses are too adorable! and your girls are just the cutest!!

Quote:

[IMG]

cuteness overload!!! Oh that is so adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post

Looks like you had a fun trip! I think you got some great pictures and it look like Maddie enjoyed some of your outfits. I love the family picture with Mickey and Minnie. I'm afraid I might fuss and cry if I have to wait too long for a ride or show at Disney!!! It seems like you have lots of good memories to focus on. Everyone looks super cute in the outfits you made. I can't decide which ones I like best! Your DS is a cutie too. I see that both he and Maddie are 4, are they twins?
!
yes they are twins..oft referred to as the "Twinado"

After a chat with her OT therapist today we are getting an full evaul on Maddie...to rule out any allergies or other issues since we are not seeing the improvement we should be..if anything the behavior seems worse. I have an intake packet on the way but was warned it can take 3-6 months to get an appointment. Cross your fingers for me that they can get us in sooner rather than later...

Carolyn DH DD (10) DS (4)DD (4)
4/1984 offsite
10/1995 Honeymoon Grand Floridian
10/2005 Anniversary Weekend at Swan
9/2006 Family trip to Polynesian for 3
9/2012 Family trip to Polynesian for 5!

TinkNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #1018
OhStuffandFluff
Mouseketeer

Quote:

[IMG]

OMG! THis is sooo adorable!!

DH Myself DS DD
OhStuffandFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #1019
love to stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So picture time

Day #1 MVMCP

Day #3 DHS

Day#4 Epcot

Day #5 AK

Day #6 MK
Princess Dresses

Day #8 MK

Day #9 Epcot
To Be Determined

All the outfits are very pretty.

Quote:

[IMG]

That is an adorable outfit on an adorable baby.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #1020
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

I'm behind again -- I tried posting last night but got called away for something, so I don't have all my quotes anymore but think I grabbed most of them just now.

The good news is the Macaw is done! The bad news is the wings are a little too big, they are a wee bit heavy, and dd complains it's hot to wear and is praying for a cold Halloween. I think I'll have to take her to our neighborhood in RI to achieve that I will get pictures soon...(you've heard that before).

Quote:
We are back home...and I am having serious withdrawal

Sadly Maddie had a really really rough week and refused to wear several of the outfits I had made her, and the ones she did wear she fussed and cried except when we were on a ride or actively doing something. I did get a few pictures of some of the outfits tho....and I plan to not think about the yucky moments and just focus on the good stuff.

Ohana breakfast...note DDs face...

Sorry I had to not quote a couple of pics, but I think you got some really nice photos despite your dd's disapproval at times. I'm glad you had a good time and hopefully things will improve as she gets older. I had a friend whose dd had sensory issues with clothes and it drastically improved as she got older.

Quote:

Glad that you got the pattern finally! I'm sure Alexa will love the dress you make her from this. I agree with Diane, there is a small learning curve to sewing with knits, but once you get the hang of it, they are pretty easy. There are several blogs that have posts on tips and tricks to try when sewing with knits to make it go easier. I know if you google "tips for sewing with knits" a bunch should come up. A great source for cheap knits is thrift stores! Go in and try to find the largest men's shirts. Often they have a good deal of fabric in them. Depending on your pattern, you might have to piece some parts together to get the fabric to the length you want, but they work great for tiered stuff.

Sunshine
I've sewn with knits a fair amount and find them easy to work with, but I have never done necklines. I have only done the Olivia with the hood and leggings. I really bought the pattern to learn how to do the neckline.

FYI, we won't have to pay the tax on the house -- dh found out you have to profit at least $500K to pay it and we will lose at least $150K so we are more than safe.

Quote:
HI VB,

Hopefully once your goods arrive and you get some trips to DIs in things will be better. What a big change!

Quote:

Awesome!

Quote:

Sooo, anyone with an active doggie out there. Its dark now when we get home, so Tigger and I cant go out and play ball!!! I pay for it if that doggie doesnt get his exercise!!! lol...our neighbor girl comes over and walks him after school, but he has soooo much more energy than that!!! lol...what do you all do????
By Tigger another dog and your problems will be solved

Quote:

I have probably made about 25 things with my 770 in the last 3 weeks. I love it! I've had some frustrating moments trying to get the hoop to click back on sometimes but for the most part it's been awesome. I've mostly been making Halloween shirts for all the nieces and nephews but here's something technically Disney I made!

the bag looks great!

Try filing the inside curves of the hoop where you snap it on -- that helped mine immensely. Also, back up the thread spool to get it to recenter and that makes it easier to snap on -- then advance again to get to the proper place.

Quote:

The front
Super and I love that fabric!

Quote:
Absolutely not! I always machine stitch mine on straight through the middle (unless it's the really huge ultra jumbo size).

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Cool bag.... but I have no idea how Totoro is I must be out of the loop
I'm glad to know I'm in good company.

Quote:

that is fantastic!!!!

Quote:
So picture time

Day #1 MVMCP

Sorry I am over picture limit but I love seeing everything modeled -- they look even better on your girls!

Quote:

Sunshine
Sorry about all the cleaning but your house should look fantastic when you're done! I love having company for the simple reason it forces me to get my act together and clean.
Quote:

[IMG]

that is so cute!

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: