Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #826
kck182
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I need help and knew this was the place to go.
Rhinestone templates?
I have a Cricut and a Slice. Is there anyway to do this?
I really want to bling some shirts with Mickey on them. Please help :-)
Pop Century 10/2009
Animal Kingdom Lodge 5/2010 Pregnant
2011 Easter Trip Baby's 1st Trip
2011 All Star Sports My Baby's 1st Birthday
2012 Carribean Beach, Grand Floridian at Christmas
2013 Wilderness Lodge Easter
Me DH DS6 DD9Months

Last edited by kck182; 09-16-2012 at 08:25 PM.
kck182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #827
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Ok, here are some pictures. The first one is a kitty cat dress that I made for my niece. They just adopted a cat and she is nuts about cats right now. It is still damp from me washing off the placement markings so it looks a little funny.

This is the shirt that I made for my dd. I actually made two of them but neither girl is home right now and I could only find one of them.

I am kind of thinking that if my younger dd goes back to Disney with my SIL and BIL over winter break, I will add some kind of hidden Mickey snowflake design to the front. But for right now, it is staying plain.
Both the dress and the shirt look great! They look so comfy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMickey View Post
So I have nothing sewing related to post. I've been trying to clean up my sewing area first. I know in one of the previous post everyone was posting pictures of wildlife in their yards. So here is my contribution. I've seen this guy around several times this week, I think he might be living in the trees behind the house. This was taken a few minutes ago through the window so it's not that great of a picture.

He looks beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Thank you so much friends - I am so sorry that I havent been around - just feeling soooooo blicky all the time -its all I can do to go to work some days!!! I agree, the endoscopy wasnt too bad at all!! Fortunately, I cant remember it a bit but of course DH didnt ask ANY questions and I was too out of it to ask any when I left. They kind of rushed me out, but maybe thats because I was bawling my eyes out lol...maybe they thought I was a nut!!! They did recommend a swallow study from something they saw - so has anyone had that one????

We have also had some tradegy in the family. If you remember the kiddo's that I do sew for (I call them neices and nephew, but they are really 2nd cousins)??? Well, their mom had a step brother who had 3 kids -1 is 25, 1 is 12 and 1 is 9. He was a drug addict, and so was the kids mom (the 2 younger kids). When we were at Camp Promise, we got word that the kids Mom had died due to an overdose. Then just 2 weeks ago we got word that the kids DAD died too!!!! Those poor kids are now orphans -lost both parents within 6 weeks of each other! THey had mostly been living with Billy's cousins step mom, but since her husband died in Febuary (same day as Zoey) she has been on a downhill climb healthwise. Soooo, all in all it has been tough - these kiddos are TOUGH because they have had no structure or anything, and Im sure have built up defenses because of the things they have experienced and seen when they were with their mom or dad - but really, soooo sad for them as now they get shifted around and around and around. Sue (Billy's cousin) has them alot - but unfortunately, they really impact the behavior and attitude of her kids - in a negative way, its just sooooo hard.....Just praying that something good comes out of it all!!!!

I will try to keep up with the thread again - it does uplift my spirits for sure!!!!
I hope things will go well for you tomorrow. It is heart breaking to hear about your second cousins' situation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
I have not been able to help with BGs b/c our house in RI is still for sale and we are paying the extra mortgage. I splurged and did a bunch of stuff for Lisa (former Wish tripper) and that is all I can afford to do right now. As soon as our house sells I hope to get back into the BGs. I still go and look b/c I hope that someday I have some fabrics on hand that I can participate without spending $$ -- they have to be close to home though b/c shipping is never cheap.
I am sorry to hear about the situation about your house. I really hope that the right buyer will come through soon because I know how much participating in the Gives means to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
For Epcot - please let me know what you think of this combination.

I was going to make a skirt with this world fabric and was thinking of finishing it with this Mickey Ribbon for accent. Do you think it would look okay that way?

Untitled by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

And this is an awful picture but here are my girls in their Epcot Twirl Skirt (for a different day at Epcot)

epcot twirl skirts by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

For Thanksgiving. I am going to do a Mickey Turkey T-shirt too. (I have 2 of these I just took the picture of the one).

And for DHS - Osborne Lights - Blue Mickey Snowman Skirts. I'm not sure what I am going to do for the shirt yet. Its not finished yet but you get the idea. I have 2 of these too.

Blue Mickey Snowman Skirt by peachygreen2010, on Flickr
For the Epcot ribbon, I would go with a solid colour skirt and use the ribbon as the trim. The other outfits look great. I can't wait to see pictures of them in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaniyah View Post
I have recently been inspired to sew again. Hobby Lobby had a pattern sale. This is what I got! [IMG][/IMG]

They were only 99 cents each! I couldn't help my self. I am soooo excited! I hope to post a project soon!
I wish I can get my hands on 99-patterns. The cheapest they ever get here is 1.99 (and more often 3.99 even when they are on sale!). Please post pictures of what you make!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
Hi Everyone,

Well, my sale did not go as hoped. I didn't sell anything. I got lots of compliments, and a few came close, but no one actually bought. Maybe my prices were too high, I don't know. I tried to put them slightly below etsy prices for similar items, but...it's all pretty embarassing! So, plan B is to keep saving for my embroidery machine, open my etsy shop and hopefully borrow my mom's machine again for our trip.

Actually, I have a plan B2, also, but I wanted to ask a question before proceeding with that. I spotted a refurbed PE770 on ebay for a good price. It has a million stitches, though. Does that seem reasonable for a machine half the price of a new one? If I do the math, that equals 30-50 stitchouts in the 15-30K range. The seller said the threader was replaced but everything else was found to be in good order by a Brother dealer. Would any of you go for it?

At least I can now turn my attention to some more fun sewing for my own kids since I've got an inventory built up.

Everything posted this last week was great! I'm sorry I didn't have time to quote!

Regards,
C.
I am sorry to hear that the sale did not go well. I would be disappointed too. I found that people are not willing to pay for handcrafted items anymore. Our church has actually moved away from handcrafted items for our Christmas Bazzar. We more or less only sell food items now (our pie auction is VERY entertaining at times). I hope you will be able to sell your hard work through etsy.

I am not sure if I would be comfortable with a used machine. You never know if the previous owner took care of the machine or not.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #828
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Had a very productive day, mother in law in town and husband off work I didn't have to deal with my darling rug rats at all! Just locked myself up and sewed most of the day. Finished 4 embroidered shirts and all of one more bowling shirt, just need to attach sleeves on the 2nd bowling shirt. Leaves 3 more shirts for the kids and stuff for the grown ups in just about 6 weeks. Worst case scenario the kids will look awesome. I'll post pics tomorrow hopefully. (I'm too wiped out tonight)

Unrelated: I see all this talk to ptr and I have gathered that means pre-trip report. Can someone give me a primer on making one? Or why I should?

Thanks, Jen

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #829
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, my sale did not go as hoped. I didn't sell anything. I got lots of compliments, and a few came close, but no one

Actually, I have a plan B2, also, but I wanted to ask a question before proceeding with that. I spotted a refurbed PE770 on ebay for a good price. It has a million stitches, though. Does that seem reasonable for a machine half the price of a new one? If I do the math, that equals 30-50 stitchouts in the 15-30K range. The seller said the threader was replaced but everything else was found to be in good order by a Brother dealer. Would any of you go for it?

Regards,
C.
Sorry that the sale didn't go well. I had that experience last winter at a pre-holiday craft sale. I didn't sell anything. After that, I just said I was sticking with my etsy store and wasn't doing any more craft shows.

A million stitches really isn't much on a machine. I have close to 8 million on my Ellageo. I bought it with about 2 million. I tend to put on about a million to a million and a half stitches per year. If you keep the machine serviced and cleaned, it should be fine. My automatic threader breaks right after the repair every time I have it serviced but since I can thread the needle by hand, it doesn't matter at bit in terms of the performance of the machine.

Quote:
Thank you
Thanks - I think my girls are keepers.
I agree about the ribbon and the fabric. Normally if I am asking if something goes it is because I don't really think it does. I like the idea of a stripwork. I have an idea I will post a picture at the end.

So here was my though after the suggestion of a stripwork skirt. I think I might have enough scrap of this to make 2 strip work skirts.

I would do the ribbon at the hem and also at the waist band. If I did this I think I would use a red tee with an Epcot Mickey or Epcot Minnie Iron On.
I am glad that my comments helped. I am always nervous that I might insult somebody but I think when people ask for an opinion, you should be honest. I like the new fabrics together. I might even add a black block style hem around the bottom border of the skirt. Maybe about 4 inches tall. Then I'd put the ribbon between the black block and the stripwork area. I think that would really set the ribbon off and show the design on it to its fullest potential. It is such pretty ribbon and a red t-shirt with a Mickey Epcot would look fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorkBorkBork View Post
We went to Finding Nemo 3D today. It was lots of fun--I've seen that movie countless times but I still noticed things I never had before because the picture was so clear and large. Alice wore her dress!

Adorable! I really love the Nemo movie. My girls and I watched Monsters Inc one night last week. I was surprised they wanted to watch it with me.

Quote:
I have recently been inspired to sew again. Hobby Lobby had a pattern sale. This is what I got! [IMG][/IMG]

They were only 99 cents each! I couldn't help my self. I am soooo excited! I hope to post a project soon!
I love buying patterns! I have a whole drawer full of them. I can't wait to see what you make!

That reminds me that Olabelhe is having a buy 2, get 2 free pattern sale. She has some really cute dress designs:
http://olabelhe.blogspot.com/

She has a lot of patterns on Youcanmakethis.com but the pattern sale is only on her website.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #830
smile5sunshine
Think of the happiest thing, it's the same as having wings!

Once again I am only going back a few pages to quote. BUT I think I should have more free time for a bit so hopefully I'll be better about keeping up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kck182 View Post
Hi everyone! I need help and knew this was the place to go.
Rhinestone templates?
I have a Cricut and a Slice. Is there anyway to do this?
I really want to bling some shirts with Mickey on them. Please help :-)
IDK if this is what you are looking for, but try this: http://www.lilblueboo.com/2010/03/ad...-tutorial.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
Had a very productive day, mother in law in town and husband off work I didn't have to deal with my darling rug rats at all! Just locked myself up and sewed most of the day. Finished 4 embroidered shirts and all of one more bowling shirt, just need to attach sleeves on the 2nd bowling shirt. Leaves 3 more shirts for the kids and stuff for the grown ups in just about 6 weeks. Worst case scenario the kids will look awesome. I'll post pics tomorrow hopefully. (I'm too wiped out tonight)

Unrelated: I see all this talk to ptr and I have gathered that means pre-trip report. Can someone give me a primer on making one? Or why I should?

Thanks, Jen
Oh your day sounds like heaven! So happy you got some kid free sewing time. I know we love the little buggars to death, but sometimes mama just needs a break!

I have never written a PTR, but they sure are fun to read! Some people like having input about their plans.

Quote:

And this is an awful picture but here are my girls in their Epcot Twirl Skirt (for a different day at Epcot)

For Thanksgiving. I am going to do a Mickey Turkey T-shirt too. (I have 2 of these I just took the picture of the one).

And for DHS - Osborne Lights - Blue Mickey Snowman Skirts. I'm not sure what I am going to do for the shirt yet. Its not finished yet but you get the idea. I have 2 of these too.

I LOVE these skirts! My favorite is the snowman mickey one!

Quote:
Those look great! WHERE did you find that Mickey flag head ribbon?!?! LOVE IT! And hey, we are daughter name twins!

We went to Finding Nemo 3D today. It was lots of fun--I've seen that movie countless times but I still noticed things I never had before because the picture was so clear and large. Alice wore her dress!

This dress is darling! Glad you had so much fun.

Quote:

I've SO done that before!

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Well, my sale did not go as hoped. I didn't sell anything. I got lots of compliments, and a few came close, but no one actually bought. Maybe my prices were too high, I don't know. I tried to put them slightly below etsy prices for similar items, but...it's all pretty embarassing! So, plan B is to keep saving for my embroidery machine, open my etsy shop and hopefully borrow my mom's machine again for our trip.

At least I can now turn my attention to some more fun sewing for my own kids since I've got an inventory built up.

Everything posted this last week was great! I'm sorry I didn't have time to quote!

Regards,
C.
Oh I'm so sorry that you didn't make any sales at the craft fair! that stinks! I hope your etsy shop does wonderfully.

I must admit that I am hesitant about getting a machine off ebay as I worry that it would not be packaged correctly and get damaged while shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post

Ok, here are some pictures. The first one is a kitty cat dress that I made for my niece. They just adopted a cat and she is nuts about cats right now. It is still damp from me washing off the placement markings so it looks a little funny.

This is the shirt that I made for my dd. I actually made two of them but neither girl is home right now and I could only find one of them.

I am kind of thinking that if my younger dd goes back to Disney with my SIL and BIL over winter break, I will add some kind of hidden Mickey snowflake design to the front. But for right now, it is staying plain.
I'm glad that you were able to resolve all the drama between your daughter and her "friend". I hate that girls seem to loose their minds at that age and make every little thing into a soap opera!

I really like the Kitty dress. I have been salivating over some of the new Doodles fabrics now at Joann's but I am trying my hardest to resist the temptation to buy them! I have so much I need to use up in my stash.

Quote:
Thank you so much friends - I am so sorry that I havent been around - just feeling soooooo blicky all the time -its all I can do to go to work some days!!! I agree, the endoscopy wasnt too bad at all!! Fortunately, I cant remember it a bit but of course DH didnt ask ANY questions and I was too out of it to ask any when I left. They kind of rushed me out, but maybe thats because I was bawling my eyes out lol...maybe they thought I was a nut!!! They did recommend a swallow study from something they saw - so has anyone had that one????

We have also had some tradegy in the family. If you remember the kiddo's that I do sew for (I call them neices and nephew, but they are really 2nd cousins)??? Well, their mom had a step brother who had 3 kids -1 is 25, 1 is 12 and 1 is 9. He was a drug addict, and so was the kids mom (the 2 younger kids). When we were at Camp Promise, we got word that the kids Mom had died due to an overdose. Then just 2 weeks ago we got word that the kids DAD died too!!!! Those poor kids are now orphans -lost both parents within 6 weeks of each other! THey had mostly been living with Billy's cousins step mom, but since her husband died in Febuary (same day as Zoey) she has been on a downhill climb healthwise. Soooo, all in all it has been tough - these kiddos are TOUGH because they have had no structure or anything, and Im sure have built up defenses because of the things they have experienced and seen when they were with their mom or dad - but really, soooo sad for them as now they get shifted around and around and around. Sue (Billy's cousin) has them alot - but unfortunately, they really impact the behavior and attitude of her kids - in a negative way, its just sooooo hard.....Just praying that something good comes out of it all!!!!

I will try to keep up with the thread again - it does uplift my spirits for sure!!!!
I'm so sorry you've had such a rough summer. Praying the drs are able to figure out what is ailing you and get you feeling much better. Also praying for your family that you mentioned. How awful the children are having to go through all that.

ANDREA, glad you are feeling better and I hope you don't get any more pesky headaches! You are probably right that coming up with some system would probably help you feel more organized but that is HARD to do. Everything Judy posted on her thread that you made is SUPER FABULOUS!

Sunshine
smile5sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #831
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Those look great! WHERE did you find that Mickey flag head ribbon?!?! LOVE IT! And hey, we are daughter name twins!

I know I commented on FB - but I love this! Is the fabric repurposed? I have never seen it before and I love it!

Quote:

Awesome!

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Regards,
C.
Awww... Carrie - that is such a bummer! I am sure your Etsy store will do magnificant - you have some great items in there!

Quote:
For Epcot - please let me know what you think of this combination.

I was going to make a skirt with this world fabric and was thinking of finishing it with this Mickey Ribbon for accent. Do you think it would look okay that way?

Everything is adorable... I love that last blue skirt!

I love the fabric, and I love the ribbon! I am not sure that I would use the two of them together though - even though they say exactly what you want them to say, because they do make the perfect Epcot skirt. The part I don't like is that the "worlds" and the Mickey heads are both almost the exact same size, so they seem to get lost in eachother. Does that make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post

Thanks, Jen
Hi Jen! I am on my second PTR, and I love doing it! I have made some great Dis friends this way! Mine gets pretty busy sometimes and it's hard to keep up with it when it gets that way, but as long as you have the time - it's great to get opinions and ideas from the whole Dis community.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #832
kck182
Mouseketeer

IDK if this is what you are looking for, but try this: http://www.lilblueboo.com/2010/03/ad...-tutorial.html

Thanks so much for the reply! Not exactly what I was looking for but I think this will be better!
This seems like it will help my OCD when lining things up!

Any other ideas?!
Pop Century 10/2009
Animal Kingdom Lodge 5/2010 Pregnant
2011 Easter Trip Baby's 1st Trip
2011 All Star Sports My Baby's 1st Birthday
2012 Carribean Beach, Grand Floridian at Christmas
2013 Wilderness Lodge Easter
Me DH DS6 DD9Months
kck182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #833
BorkBorkBork
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the kind words! We think she's pretty cute too . She'll be 3 on Oct. 5th and I can't believe it! Where did my baby go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I know I commented on FB - but I love this! Is the fabric repurposed? I have never seen it before and I love it!
D~
I'm not in the FB group--I could never find it! So I don't know who you were talking to! I got the fabric on Ebay, I think maybe they were curtains. Certainly a poly or a blend but thin. It says "Fish are friends, not food". I found a Little Mermaid sheet at Goodwill that has a large scale pattern on it, I'm excited to do something with that for next year!

Me (32) DH(30) DD(3)
March 1987 (offsite)**May 2009: ASMu (pregnant with DD)**Sept 2011--free dining at POR!**Planning for Halloween 2013 at AoA/POFQ
BorkBorkBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #834
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!!

Peachy - LOVE the turkey and snowman skirts especially - they are adorable!!!

Colleen - that nemo dress is soooooo cute! We are going to see it in 3D tomorrow night - were the effects cool?

Thanks for the prayers everyone....My followup appt today was cancelled because the Dr was sick...poor guy, I know its tough when a Dr is sick - must be realy sick!!! But, I was really hoping for some answers and maybe to talk about anxiety today and also to see if he thought I really needed that swallow study!!!!! Also DH had an appointment to see if he needs to have a sleep study ( I KNOW he has sleep apnea!!) so he can get better rest at night!!

I might try to go up to the sewing room today, its nice and cool here in PA!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #835
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Quote:

I'm so sorry this s a very hard thing to go through... Can I ask how old Sue's children are??

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #836
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone!!

Peachy - LOVE the turkey and snowman skirts especially - they are adorable!!!

Colleen - that nemo dress is soooooo cute! We are going to see it in 3D tomorrow night - were the effects cool?

Thanks for the prayers everyone....My followup appt today was cancelled because the Dr was sick...poor guy, I know its tough when a Dr is sick - must be realy sick!!! But, I was really hoping for some answers and maybe to talk about anxiety today and also to see if he thought I really needed that swallow study!!!!! Also DH had an appointment to see if he needs to have a sleep study ( I KNOW he has sleep apnea!!) so he can get better rest at night!!

I might try to go up to the sewing room today, its nice and cool here in PA!!

Aw Wendy I am so sorry your doctor cancelled that is rough. I am praying for you but it is awesome to see you posting i have missed you.

I haven't shared here things I have been making on this thread, if you have seen these on my PTR I am sorry for the doubles.

Skull set for J (I am experimenting in knits now)

Spidey Skirt set

Spidey pant Set

Izzy and Scully set

Jake Pirate set

I have a huge list that has to get out before 10/1 so I am super crazy busy but I love looking at this thread even if I don't comment too often.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #837
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So here was my though after the suggestion of a stripwork skirt. I think I might have enough scrap of this to make 2 strip work skirts.

I would do the ribbon at the hem and also at the waist band. If I did this I think I would use a red tee with an Epcot Mickey or Epcot Minnie Iron On.
I think the major problem with the ribbon and the green is that there isn't really any green in the ribbon to compiment the fabric. The red looks great with it, though.

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #838
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpettie View Post
I'm so sorry this s a very hard thing to go through... Can I ask how old Sue's children are??
Sue has 6 kids - 1 is 23 and is married living in China as an english instructor for the year, 1 is 20 going to Cedarville University and is getting married in July, 1 is 19 just graduated this year and is living at home while he is waiting to find out when he will go live with a missionary friend who is moving to Haiti.....but the 3 who are affected are 10, 7 and 6. Tyler and Hayley are just soooo different from Sue's kids - not due to falt of their own - but it makes life different and kinda rough!! Im not sure if Sue see's the changes in her kids because she is so close to the situation, you know?????

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #839
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

I am just posting pics of things I did the pat two or three weeks -- I did all of these for Lisa and her family. For those of you who don't know Lisa, she was a former wish tripper and the family is going back to FL next week -- they have a free place to stay and only one day of Disney tickets, but they will spend some time at Downtown Disney and GKTW and they wear Disney year round anyway.

First I made ride themed shirts for all the kids with their favorite rides:

Lisa's dress and Rachel's shirt:

Appliques close up:

Lisa and Christian's:

Rachel and David (FYI Rachel has a 5x7 design since it's a t-shirt and David has a 4x4 since it's a polo and he prefers polos):

All the ride shirts:

I wanted to make Judy and Pete ride shirts too, but I really wanted Judy to have a shirt for Park Fare as well and my budget didn't allow both, so I thought Park Fare would get more attention. Judy mentioned Pete liked Hook and I already owned that design so I did that for him.

The girls already have dresses from last year to wear to Park Fare. Lisa has a gorgeous blue Cindy that a friend made and Rachel has a stunning pink Cindy that Teresa made for her.

And then I did a dwarf set because Lisa ADORES Dopey.

Not the greatest pic, but this is Lisa's set:

I did polos for the boys and Judy since they prefer those -- well, I know David and Judy do:

Rachel got a t-shirt:

The entire set:

With the exception of Lisa's Splash Mountain applique, all of the appliques were Heather Sues. And the really bad thing (for me, not for Heather) is that the only one I owned was Hook b/c I had it from a BG. I had to buy all the rest!

I have two more things I made them (just one thing for Lisa and one for Rachel) but those didn't arrive yet, so pics will have to wait. I could not embellish the patchwork skirt on the dress due to time limits. I still think it turned out pretty though and aside from having to buy more fabric for the ruffle, everything else I had on hand

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #840
McDuck
DIS Veteran

I've been poor at keeping up--doing well to keep up with the other couple threads I follow here and sadly only been peeking on here periodically!

But, I did have to pop on to say, I am waiting for delivery of my PE770!!!!! Both sets of parents and DH gifted me with money for my birthday and with a sale at Overstock and a coupon code, I had enough $$$ finally!!!! I think the AM UPS delivery has already passed and I have to run a couple errands, so I think I am safe if I am quick. It's nasty here today and I don't want my new precious unattended on the porch!

Will post more later!!! Small break in the weather so I need to get out while the getting's good! Love what's been posted....and excited to finally be able to get my feet wet with machine embroidery!!!!

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: