Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #421
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

I'm going to need a lot of patience and plenty of luck. I am making myself my first outfit. I have decided I am going to be Merida from Brave for Halloween, which for me means I have 3 1/2 weeks to have it completely done and ready to wear. With the 60% off coupons from Joann's, the simply silky fabric for the costume cost me just under $25 and now I just need to be able to sew and cut it. Crossing fingers !

this dress minus the head cover.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #422
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Sending Luck Your Way!!

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #423
Yoshiandi
Just working for my next Disney fix..

Dinner at 1900 Park Fair!!

All set for Abby to meet the Prince!!

:D Very proud of this one!!

Last edited by Yoshiandi; 08-29-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Photos didn't show up
Yoshiandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #424
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
I'm going to need a lot of patience and plenty of luck. I am making myself my first outfit. I have decided I am going to be Merida from Brave for Halloween, which for me means I have 3 1/2 weeks to have it completely done and ready to wear. With the 60% off coupons from Joann's, the simply silky fabric for the costume cost me just under $25 and now I just need to be able to sew and cut it. Crossing fingers !

Good luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiandi View Post

So cute! Great job.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #425
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hi.

Thanks for all the encouragement! I really appreciate the can do attitude around here.
Everything looks great and love the costume you made yourself!

Quote:

I spent way too much time in Joann's today too using my 60% off coupon! Good luck, the silky fabric can be a pain to work with, just use lots of pins and take your time and you will be fine. I'm sure it will look great when you finish!

Quote:

Adorable, both the kiddo and the dress! You did a great job, I love it!

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #426
TarzansKat

Thank you, PrincessMickey!

I have that 60% off coupon for Joann's, on my phone, and the paper one, and wouldn't you know that every dang piece of fabric I wanted this week was already on sale? I hate it when that happens.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #427
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02

Quote:

so cute and wonderful embroidery job !

Quote:

I have that 60% off coupon for Joann's, on my phone, and the paper one, and wouldn't you know that every dang piece of fabric I wanted this week was already on sale? I hate it when that happens.
Happens to me all the time. I wanted to use costume satin or casa collection but both were on sale. I found the Simply silky as I was giving up and it wasn't on sale !! yay !! It saved me a lot of money !
Old 08-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #428
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Your welcome! That always happens to me too, then I end up buying more fabric than I need just so I can use my coupon.

I just got an email newsletter from one of my local fabric stores and it had a picture of a new fabric they just got in. It wouldn't let me copy the picture here so I found it on another site.

http://www.quiltingtreasures.com/content13786.html

Mr. Potato Head fabric!! I don't really have a need for it but I am oh so tempted to go buy some, I really want some. I think this officially means I am a member of FHA Fabric Hoarders Annonomys

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #429
TarzansKat

Quote:
Happens to me all the time. I wanted to use costume satin or casa collection but both were on sale. I found the Simply silky as I was giving up and it wasn't on sale !! yay !! It saved me a lot of money !
Awesome!

I've got a hair cut tomorrow near another Joann's, so I'm going to take a gander over there and see if there's some fabric I can find that's not on sale.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #430
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMickey View Post
Your welcome! That always happens to me too, then I end up buying more fabric than I need just so I can use my coupon.

I just got an email newsletter from one of my local fabric stores and it had a picture of a new fabric they just got in. It wouldn't let me copy the picture here so I found it on another site.

Mr. Potato Head fabric!! I don't really have a need for it but I am oh so tempted to go buy some, I really want some. I think this officially means I am a member of FHA Fabric Hoarders Annonomys
Very cute !! I'll have to keep my eyes out.
pyrxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #431
TinkNH
just not quite ready to let go of summer and flip flops
I can craft and type

Quote:

cant wait to see it! and what you dont want to squeeze your head into a tight cloth helmet???

Quote:

adorable! Love the glittery fabrics you used!

I think I am all done with everything I planned to make...just need to get it all packed but I feel I need to wait a bit longer. I have to get some pictures too..

I am getting so excited...I think WAAAYYY more excited than the kids!!

Carolyn DH DD (10) DS (4)DD (4)
4/1984 offsite
10/1995 Honeymoon Grand Floridian
10/2005 Anniversary Weekend at Swan
9/2006 Family trip to Polynesian for 3
9/2012 Family trip to Polynesian for 5!

TinkNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #432
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That happens to me all the time. This week, I wanted to buy something from the new Doodles line with my 60% off coupon. But when I got to the register, they said that the fabric was already on sale and I couldn't use my coupon. There hadn't been any signs or anything but it was on sale for like 20% off. I was quite frustrated because the fabric cost more than I had wanted to spend on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMickey View Post

That is so cute! That would make a great Toy Story dress or outfit.

Quote:

What a cute dress and an adorable little girl. Of course you should be proud!

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #433
TarzansKat

It is so bothersome when they don't have their signage right! That has happened to me more than once, so the way I combat it...probably to the chagrin of those behind me...is by having whoever is cutting my fabric check to see if it is on sale. With the handheld devices, they can tell if it is on sale before they even cut it for you.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #434
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is so bothersome when they don't have their signage right! That has happened to me more than once, so the way I combat it...probably to the chagrin of those behind me...is by having whoever is cutting my fabric check to see if it is on sale. With the handheld devices, they can tell if it is on sale before they even cut it for you.
At my Joann near me they always verify the price before cutting. And say whether it is on sale. Even when I have my duo of destruction running amok near me or screaming or otherwise creating a scene. (Fabric store is not a toddler favorite, for sure.) I think maybe they had some backlash, because when they say "This is on sale." they always seem hesitant like enough people say then forget it.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #435
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I'm certain this ha been asked before but I'm going to ask again

Where do you get your plain tee-shirts? Do you have a preference for girls vs boys vs adults?

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: