Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #3631
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Ok ladies and gents, we are about to start thread number THIRTY!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it??? I can't!!!

So, pack up your nastalgia and join us on
Thread #30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post48256127

As always, please stop posting here and start posting to the new thread.
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #3632
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
(Old dog here, trying to learn a new trick. After first post froze, Plan B is typing in Microsoft Word. Let’s see if I can figure out how to do this.)

Okay, this is probably more than you wanted to know, but here goes.

I don't have a pattern, I based mine off of a Disney one I had. Basically 17" wide and 18" tall.

Four tips:
1. Put a loop on it to make it easy to hang up. I don't think I'd hang it if it were really heavy, but otherwise it's convenient to have.

2. Put a ring on the side, better yet, one of each side. I had a hand sanitizer bottle hanging from my bag for our last trip -- very convenient.

(The bags I made for the Big Give had the Mickey head rings and I made little tags with their initials.)

3. Include a zippered pocket.

And, then get a see through pencil case to put in it for your little stuff. (I should add that I don't carry a purse when I'm traveling. I have a "vacation wallet" that I carry in my front pocket, and then I put other purse stuff in the pencil case -- tissues, phone, mini first aid kit, pen, etc. It makes it so easy to pull the pencil case out and see everything.) In the main bag part I put a folded up sweatshirt, poncho, umbrella, etc. Can you tell I've been to Disney a few times during cold, rainy weather!

4. After putting in the grommet I like to sew off the corner so there’s less stress on the grommet.

Okay, I think your question was about how to do the strings.

You’ll need two strings. To determine how long to make them, double the string over and measure roughly the length and width. (see photo)

You’ll need two

One goes in and out the left side and the other goes in and out the right side.

Insert each pair through a grommet and tie.

Voila. The world's best traveling companion. I love how since it's lightweight it can be easily folded up and put away, but when pressed into service holds a fair amount of stuff.

Your turn to make one.
I'm not sure if you were referring to this. I'll try to find the tutorial I used and post it in a bit.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #3633
katdancer93
Earning My Ears

I know this isn't a selling forum but I'm new and was curious. I love all the little custom outfits but I am not a sewer, well thats a lie, Im not very good at it. some of the disney inspired/themed outfits are so cute that I would like to make one or have one made in my size. I'm petite. But not as small as a childs 6. would anyone be able to point me in a direction of peasant dress patterns or the ruffle dresses? Im just not even sure where to begin.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #3634
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdancer93 View Post
I know this isn't a selling forum but I'm new and was curious. I love all the little custom outfits but I am not a sewer, well thats a lie, Im not very good at it. some of the disney inspired/themed outfits are so cute that I would like to make one or have one made in my size. I'm petite. But not as small as a childs 6. would anyone be able to point me in a direction of peasant dress patterns or the ruffle dresses? Im just not even sure where to begin.
This is an old thread with no further posts. You may have better luck getting answers on the current Boutique thread.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #3635
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdancer93 View Post
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....iquers+part+30
Old 06-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #3636
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

OOPs missed that this thread is at capacity moving on to the next thread.

I'm looking for a Circus theme dress ideas I can sew but lack creativity. I have Heather Sue's circus set, and several functional thread dress patterns (lots of others too). So if anyone has some dresses they have done and don't mind sharing that would be great this grandma asked to make the birthday theme dress would appreciate it.

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: