Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #3571
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer
 
ColonelHathi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I also wanted to share this, it made my day, I made these shirts before we left on our road trip and today was the girls' birthday. Their mom showed the bakery the shirts and they made cakes to match. How cute are these?

I haven't been around on the thread for a while and thought I would sneak a peek today, and... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS! I just purchased a Snow White cutie for DD for a shirt for her "Snow White" themed 5th birthday party that we are secretly planning MONTHS in advance just before our trip. I absoultely love the matching cake idea which is why I had to comment. I found matching invites, etc. on Etsy, so this just adds another option. Thank you for the inspiration!

I love that the one girl likes Spidey too - DD's other obsession is the Hulk (or as she likes to say "Cwedible Huonk")... I love it when little girls are into the typical 'boy' things!
__________________
Me DH DS 8 DD 6


TBD ~ August 2015
CSR October 2013, POR October 2013

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #3572
ceemys
DIS Veteran
 
ceemys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,415

Question for the quilt makers. I am at the end stages of doing my first ever quilt. I decided to do a rag quilt. But as I snip the edges, I am thinking that the more it frays and the closer it gets to the seams and eventually the seams will be ruined. Is there a trick that I am not seeing? After I put it in the dryer, will it fray away?
__________________
DF Joe cool Mama (me) Christine DD (15y/o) DD (6y/o)



ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #3573
babynala
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1221
This thread got me started on sewing. My mom bought a Laura Ashley brother machine about 8 months ago. We have loved having it and I have 19 shirts for our upcoming trip (will hopefully get a pic tomorrow). Well last weekend we went to a 2 day sewing event at our local store and mom bought a 10 Needle brother embroidery machine!!!! I can't believe she got it, that things huge but very nice. They had to order it as they only had one and someone else had purchased it. I can't wait to get it and play. Luckily the ladies are great and lessons come with each machine you buy. We are keeping the other machine too, plus she has an old singer sewing machine. We are moving all out stuff to a bigger room in her house!
Wow. That new machine sounds awesome. Would love to see your finished shirts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood
I have picked up a couple patterns too. I got the Rachel Knit dress (and went to the thrift store for some up-cyclable t-shirts) and a couple more. On my agenda is sewing with knits. I have been searching all the remnant bins for some knits to practice with and scored big time at Hancock fabrics with a yard of pink with white pokladots! Woo hoo!

I also wanted to share this, it made my day, I made these shirts before we left on our road trip and today was the girls' birthday. Their mom showed the bakery the shirts and they made cakes to match. How cute are these?
How cool. The shirts were great and the cakes are a cool idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2
After I bought two more patterns today I finally hid the group so that it doesn't appear in my FB news feed. It was just costing me waaaaaayyyyy too much money! Although I have a ton of fabulous new patterns to try out. Maybe I will unhide it in a few months when I start thinking about sewing for the fall.
LOL. Can't wait to see all the stuff you make with the new patterns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family

We're taking our first ever beach vacation next month, so I'm working on a matching set of seersucker shorts for the kiddos with sandcastle tees. But, I've also got a few more things to make for the craft show, so my poor cutting table is piled high with projects! Must get back to work!

Regards,
C.
Sounds like a fun trip. The shorts and t-shirts sound really cute and beachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck
Well, Miss K had a BLAST at the Imagination Movers concert, and got loads of compliments on her dress -- including from Mover Dave! However, the pics are on my mom's camera, and I don't have them yet....

But I do have a pic of the first custom for our fall trip! It uses the same pattern and I decided to skip way ahead on my to-do list so that I could be done with that particular pattern (a Simplicity). So, here is Miss K's AK custom!


Cute dress. We have seen the Imagination Movers twice and I think I had more fun then the kids.

For those that don't know the Imagination Movers are a kid band with a show on the Disney channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood

And on a different note: booked a Disney world trip today for my boys' birthday again. We had such a great time over Halloween last year we decided to go again. Major deciding factor: my friend's dvc they aren't using this year. We are staying at animal kingdom. Now to plan the outfits and stalk the dining reservations ... And while the shirts I made for last year still fit, they are getting short on one kid. (regretting making them the shortest version, otherwise they would sill fit for a while. ) plus I am hoping for a growth spurt from the littler one as of right now one is taller than the required height for the bigger rides at 41" and the other is still around 38".
Yeah!!!! Are you going for Halloween again? I hope you make it to 40 inches by Dec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemys
Question for the quilt makers. I am at the end stages of doing my first ever quilt. I decided to do a rag quilt. But as I snip the edges, I am thinking that the more it frays and the closer it gets to the seams and eventually the seams will be ruined. Is there a trick that I am not seeing? After I put it in the dryer, will it fray away?
I am not a quilter but I am sure someone will be by with an answer soon.
__________________
Me (Liz) DH DD (12) DS (9)


babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #3574
mommy2AbIzEli
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 72

Hope you don't mind me jumping in. We are going on our first trip in June & my mom sews so she is helping me to make special outfits for each day at the diff theme parks. I love looking at what you ladies have made. Anyone have any ideas for simple outfits for my almost 8 yr old dds & 2 yr old ds for animal kingdom.
__________________
ME (Heide), DH, twinDD (almost 8), & DS (2)

mommy2AbIzEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #3575
goteamwood
DIS Veteran
 
goteamwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crystal Lake IL
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
I haven't been around on the thread for a while and thought I would sneak a peek today, and... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS! I just purchased a Snow White cutie for DD for a shirt for her "Snow White" themed 5th birthday party that we are secretly planning MONTHS in advance just before our trip. I absoultely love the matching cake idea which is why I had to comment. I found matching invites, etc. on Etsy, so this just adds another option. Thank you for the inspiration!

I love that the one girl likes Spidey too - DD's other obsession is the Hulk (or as she likes to say "Cwedible Huonk")... I love it when little girls are into the typical 'boy' things!
My boys are OBSESSED with Hulk. They love to smash stuff. One has a serious temper sometimes (the littler one of course) and "hulks out" quite often. I think he identifies with the rage!

The shirts were a request from the mom who is my twins club, she wanted shirts to reflect her girls favorites, so Spiderman, but she wanted it girly. It was totally her idea to have the cakes made to match and the local bakery did a spot-on job I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemys View Post
Question for the quilt makers. I am at the end stages of doing my first ever quilt. I decided to do a rag quilt. But as I snip the edges, I am thinking that the more it frays and the closer it gets to the seams and eventually the seams will be ruined. Is there a trick that I am not seeing? After I put it in the dryer, will it fray away?
I have made a ton of quilts but never the rag quilts. Have you poked around on Pinterest or Googled for tutorials to see what they suggest for seam allowance so they don't fall apart? I would guess they don't fall apart or no one would make them, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post

How cool. The shirts were great and the cakes are a cool idea.

Yeah!!!! Are you going for Halloween again? I hope you make it to 40 inches by Dec.
We are. My boys' birthday is 11/4 so it is pretty much the week of halloween, we are going the 30th to the 7th. I think there is a marathon or something that following weekend so the 7th was the latest we could go that week. I am super excited about MNSSHP again, already thinking about costumes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2AbIzEli View Post
Hope you don't mind me jumping in. We are going on our first trip in June & my mom sews so she is helping me to make special outfits for each day at the diff theme parks. I love looking at what you ladies have made. Anyone have any ideas for simple outfits for my almost 8 yr old dds & 2 yr old ds for animal kingdom.
For your son, go to youcanmakethis.com and get the Scientific Seamstress Bowling shirt pattern. I made a half dozen varieties for my boys and they were awesome. We did one for each day pretty much. So much cuteness! I would be happy to PM you some photos, but I have posted them all here in the threads over time. I did most of them before I had an embroidery machine too so they show it is not necessary. I made my boys safari vests for animal kingdom which were outrageously cute.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Etsy: JustJoshinKids • just-joshin.com
personal blog: go team wood dot com

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #3576
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran
 
PurpleEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 897

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
And on a different note: booked a Disney world trip today for my boys' birthday again. We had such a great time over Halloween last year we decided to go again. Major deciding factor: my friend's dvc they aren't using this year. We are staying at animal kingdom. Now to plan the outfits and stalk the dining reservations ... And while the shirts I made for last year still fit, they are getting short on one kid. (regretting making them the shortest version, otherwise they would sill fit for a while. ) plus I am hoping for a growth spurt from the littler one as of right now one is taller than the required height for the bigger rides at 41" and the other is still around 38".
How exciting! I am sure it will be great trip! I guess you better feed your kids their veggies between now and then so they will be talk enough for the bigger rides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
The bat mitzvah rehearsal went great. The girls had a few very minor glitches so they will definitely be ready. The actual date is May 11. It is coming up very fast! This weekend is the play at their middle school. My older daughter is in the play so are kind of consumed with that this week. After that I think the girls will get super excited about their bat mitzvah.
I am glad to hear the rehearsal went well. I guess the big date is coming up very quickly! I am sure everything will go smoothly that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2AbIzEli View Post
Hope you don't mind me jumping in. We are going on our first trip in June & my mom sews so she is helping me to make special outfits for each day at the diff theme parks. I love looking at what you ladies have made. Anyone have any ideas for simple outfits for my almost 8 yr old dds & 2 yr old ds for animal kingdom.
Welcome! I would suggest looking through our group photobucket account for some ideas (instructions on the first page). Patterns from Carla C on youcanmakethis.com tend to be pretty easy to do. I highly recommend the Easy Fits.
__________________
DH Me



Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #3577
aksunshine
DIS Veteran
 
aksunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,962

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
I finally finished my nieces 1st birthday dress I still have the hat to make and to find out if it fits her but still done. I made a reversible jacket for it following a youtube video and it actually came out right.

[URL=http://s10.photobucket.com/user/pyrxtc/media/Sewing/D4C7A4ED-83DA-4C5E-901A-D3D62D3814B2-2178-000004A21D22932C_zps6cf8aac0.jpg.html]
I also made her a neon pink and blue tutu with a tulle hair bow to match and a tulle dress for pictures.
Sweet!! Love the lil jacket!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
I am still playing with my new toy in a limited fashion because I have about 5 embroidery thread colors, but trying things out I am.

Such as this: A French Inspired Mug Rug > not specifically Disney, but a definate idea for, say, an EPCOT inspired something.







I don't know if you can see the truely horrible stitching on the right side of the Eiffel Tower, but I was overthinking my applique at that point. I got it right on the left side, though. The back makes up for it though, I love the vintage fabrics and the improvised French flag.

The wording was the very first thing I did on the new machine. I am quite pleased and am looking forward to more fun!!

And all the fabric came form my stash!!
Functional and sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
A quick drive-by posting to share this cute dress I just finished for a friend's baby to wear to Disney next month. She will be 7 months, and this looks huge, but the baby is affectionately known as "chunk" since and is already wearing 9-12 months. I made the portrait peasant in size 1, I guess I will have to wait to see how it fits her.


And a set I made for my husband's coworker who just had a baby boy and is a HUGE football fan. The birth announcement was deigned to look like he was the newest recruit for the Chicago bears so I think they will like it. Now if it could just warm up to romper weather around here.



And another project I am working on, this is a top, another portrait peasant, this will go under the Irelyns Peekaboo Ruffle dress, which I wanted to get done for the contest Fairytale designs is having on FB, but it has to be done by the 19th I think and I have only cut out the dress, not started assembly at all. I just LOVE how big the design is! Can't get used to that. I am doing this for another friend who has boy/girl twins who are going for their 3d birthday in sept, and having their birthday breakfast at Crystal Palace. The peasant top is just for layering since it will be a lot more convenient for rides and such the rest of the day w/o a big frilly dress.

So sweet!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
I haven't shared my projects in a while so here are a few things I worked on the last few weeks:

First, we have a shirt for a Give:


I also worked on a couple of shirts for one of my co-workers:



I got the Sweet and Sassy Apron pattern from YMCT when they had the $5 pattern sale. This is a bridal shower gift for a young woman who is very much a Disney fan. She was looking at Minnie aprons the last time we met up at Disney World.


And I used up the remaining fabric from that piece to make a Lucy Halter top for myself (thus continuing my line of Minnie-inspired Sis Boom outfits)


Since it is snowing outside, I decided I want to make a pair of long pants. This is a pair of adult Easy Fits with some Disney fun


With the snow (we are expecting like 4 inches of snow), I also thought it would be nice to make something for spring so I can look forward to warmer temperatures. I figured one can never be too old for butt ruffles so I made this using Lisa's Audery Ruffle skirt pattern:



Thanks for looking!

Also, we are officially planning a December trip! We booked the plane tickets the other day (using a loyalty program points so we only had to pay taxes and fees - mind you, just the taxes and fees are higher than what some of you pay in total!). We also made a room only reservation at POFQ, but we are certainly keeping an eye out for any discounts. We stayed at POFQ in the past and it is our second choice for an onsite resort. I am just happy that I have that much time to plan the outfits for the trip!
Congrats on trip planning! Love your halter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Alright here they are. After my machine broke and had to be fixed I was running out of time, so my mom helped finish. She did the ruffles and attaching the ruffly and skirt. I did everything else.

The mom was thrilled with the dresses and then asked if I had time for a few shirts.
Thank you Loree! for editing the files for me.

Can I just say how much I LOVE my machine after it got fixed it worked a zillion times better. It needed a new bobbin casing.

The first dress is mUCH fuller than the princess one. The panels on the mickey one were 6 8 inch panels and 6 5 inch panels. It was super hard to fit it in the waistband so for the princess dress I trimmed the panels down. It's not as full but still looks good!

The classic Mickey dress (this is the one the mom originally wanted me to put POOH on too! and then just use Mickey heads)


Everything is so cute!! I especially love this one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I just got the pics back from a friend who had her daughter model the dress I made and took some fabulous photos of her in it. I used the Fairytale Pattern Design Irelyn Peek-a-boo ruffle dress which I think turned out adorable. She is having a contest on her FB page so I had an actual deadline to get this done. (The contest ends the 19th.) I did the portrait peasant for underneath, so she can take off the dress and just have a peasant top for the day after breakfast with Pooh. It's hard to see the details, the fabric is all from the same collection of Winnie the Pooh. The yellow has bumblebees on it, the blue is like Pooh toile and the back is a quilt panel with all the looks together. I loved the look of that fabric, it's licensed fabric but seems more classic than cartoony.





The dress went together easier than I expected, but I used it as an opportunity to learn how to do ruffles AND rolled hems with my serger, so it wasn't exactly an afternoon project.
Such a cute dress!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I have picked up a couple patterns too. I got the Rachel Knit dress (and went to the thrift store for some up-cyclable t-shirts) and a couple more. On my agenda is sewing with knits. I have been searching all the remnant bins for some knits to practice with and scored big time at Hancock fabrics with a yard of pink with white pokladots! Woo hoo!

I also wanted to share this, it made my day, I made these shirts before we left on our road trip and today was the girls' birthday. Their mom showed the bakery the shirts and they made cakes to match. How cute are these?

Very nice!!!
__________________
Winkler's TR 2007- Magical Memories with Levi*Bittersweet-Winkler's TR 2008*First WDW Christmas PTR 2011/TR here
(Matt, DH32) (Alicia, Me!31) (Isabelle, DD10) (Levi, DS -My Little Angel!) (Gabriel, DS2) (Sawyer, coming Sept. 4)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dandee...36409143100458 Visit me at DandeeRose Designs on FB!
aksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #3578
aksunshine
DIS Veteran
 
aksunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,962

Hello everyone!!! We are heading back in....ready??? 9 DAYS!!! Single Digits!!!!

So I have a list each day, cause, ya know, we all procrastinate SO much.... At least I do. And I am still on yesterday's list.

Here are a few things I have done!








I also started a PTR, link is in my siggy!!!
__________________
Winkler's TR 2007- Magical Memories with Levi*Bittersweet-Winkler's TR 2008*First WDW Christmas PTR 2011/TR here
(Matt, DH32) (Alicia, Me!31) (Isabelle, DD10) (Levi, DS -My Little Angel!) (Gabriel, DS2) (Sawyer, coming Sept. 4)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dandee...36409143100458 Visit me at DandeeRose Designs on FB!
aksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #3579
mommy2AbIzEli
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post

For your son, go to youcanmakethis.com and get the Scientific Seamstress Bowling shirt pattern. I made a half dozen varieties for my boys and they were awesome. We did one for each day pretty much. So much cuteness! I would be happy to PM you some photos, but I have posted them all here in the threads over time. I did most of them before I had an embroidery machine too so they show it is not necessary. I made my boys safari vests for animal kingdom which were outrageously cute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post

Welcome! I would suggest looking through our group photobucket account for some ideas (instructions on the first page). Patterns from Carla C on youcanmakethis.com tend to be pretty easy to do. I highly recommend the Easy Fits.
Thank you ladies. I'm looking for something simple & not wanting to buy a pattern. I will have to look at the photo album. Mom can make stuff just by looking at a picture.
__________________
ME (Heide), DH, twinDD (almost 8), & DS (2)

mommy2AbIzEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #3580
ceemys
DIS Veteran
 
ceemys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post

I have made a ton of quilts but never the rag quilts. Have you poked around on Pinterest or Googled for tutorials to see what they suggest for seam allowance so they don't fall apart? I would guess they don't fall apart or no one would make them, right?
Probably not. Lol. I did get it off of Pinterest. I guess I just worry and wanted some reassurance by someone who did it. I have done some recipies on Pinterest that claim to be awesome and were gross! I take pinterest with a grain of salt.
__________________
DF Joe cool Mama (me) Christine DD (15y/o) DD (6y/o)



ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #3581
goteamwood
DIS Veteran
 
goteamwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crystal Lake IL
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemys View Post

Probably not. Lol. I did get it off of Pinterest. I guess I just worry and wanted some reassurance by someone who did it. I have done some recipies on Pinterest that claim to be awesome and were gross! I take pinterest with a grain of salt.
True. But it's a good place to search for a multitude of tutorials that you can use as a guideline. I certainly have had some "pinstrocities" myself. I think if you did 1/4 inch seams you should be ok. But then I haven't done it so take me with a grain of salt too!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Etsy: JustJoshinKids • just-joshin.com
personal blog: go team wood dot com

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #3582
smittette
Earning My Ears
 
smittette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2AbIzEli View Post
I'm looking for something simple & not wanting to buy a pattern. I will have to look at the photo album. Mom can make stuff just by looking at a picture.
I'm doing safari vests for my 7yo nef and 4yo niece for AK. They can be anything from simple tan vests to adding tons of pockets and embroidery. If she doesn't have embroidery capabilities add some strips of animal prints to the tops of pockets, etc. Also, google screen printing. You can set up a very simple screenprint using a wooden photo frame or canvas stretcher and duct tape (gotta love that duct tape) and some old sheer curtains.

Well, I don't get to spend anytime on my Disney outfits for a couple of days (and we're down to 43 days) because I'll be out of town at quilting classes. I did bring my laptop with the digitizing software; so maybe I can get some stuff done. I'm working on a blue tang fish (read that as Dory with no licensing issues) and I need to decide whether to try to put a safari hat on a Disney character, put Mickey ears on an animal of some sort, or break down and buy a large design off of ibroidery while they're still on sale.

Now for the big news of the day, I've been using my mother's old Husqvarna Platinum 955e. Not a bad machine (and it was free), but a couple of buttons don't work and it is a PAIN to line up designs (especially if the power blinks in the middle of your design). My mother's been using a Husqvarna Diamond, but finds it a challenge. You have to remember the exact button sequence to get to your embroidery designs and get them set up. And they aren't really labeled well.

Sooo, today she ordered a Babylock Elissimo. Which means I get the Diamond!! Major upgrade from the Plantinum (and I don't really have any problem remembering what buttons do what) Yay! Of course, I'll have most of my Disney embroidery done by the time I get it.
smittette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #3583
ivey_family
Mouseketeer
 
ivey_family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 411

Enabler Alert


8 Claws and a Paw has their font membership available for a short time. Over 600 fonts for $30. The only trick is downloading them all in a month.

Here's the link:http://www.8clawsandapaw.com/

Regards,
C.
__________________
Carrie - Wife to Jason; Mama to Noah (6), Micaiah (5) and Abigail (3)
Facebook: KiddleyDiveySewing

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #3584
goteamwood
DIS Veteran
 
goteamwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crystal Lake IL
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2AbIzEli View Post
Thank you ladies. I'm looking for something simple & not wanting to buy a pattern. I will have to look at the photo album. Mom can make stuff just by looking at a picture.
I didn't use a special "vest" pattern for the safari vests, I actually used a pattern I already had to get the shape/size right. I did use the bowling shirt pattern since that is what I had, but you could use any shirt pattern or just a shirt to trace. I just left off the sleeves, collar, plackets, didn't use buttons etc. There is a mickey mouse head on the back that is embroidered with my regular sewing machine, I just traced a mickey head and went over it with a tight zig-zag. The same with the little one on the pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
Enabler Alert


8 Claws and a Paw has their font membership available for a short time. Over 600 fonts for $30. The only trick is downloading them all in a month.

Here's the link:http://www.8clawsandapaw.com/

Regards,
C.
I did this when they offered it in December and I love it. It took me a couple days but I got a little system down for downloading them, went to the "all" list, opened them up in tabs, purchased 10 at a time for about half an hour, then went back and downloaded each of the orders I did. I think I spent a week maybe an hour a day buying and downloading. It would be nice if they offered it like their CD and just one downloadable file. But totally worth the cost and the time!
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Etsy: JustJoshinKids • just-joshin.com
personal blog: go team wood dot com


Last edited by goteamwood; 04-25-2013 at 07:19 AM.
goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #3585
ceemys
DIS Veteran
 
ceemys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,415

Here is a picture of my Autograph quilt from our trip last August. It has been sitting on my sewing machine since our trip and I finally got my rear end in gear to get it done! (we need a sewing maching smiley) The signatures on the red look fuzzy for some reason, but they aren't. I realized putting it together that Lady Tremaine, Drizella and Anastasia signed in color and not black ink like everyone else. I guess even in autographs they go against the rules. I don't remember this at that time.




Love what Prince Eric drew.

__________________
DF Joe cool Mama (me) Christine DD (15y/o) DD (6y/o)




Last edited by ceemys; 04-25-2013 at 10:06 AM.
ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: