Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #3541
Lurkylala
Earning My Ears

Thank you

Thank you to everyone that responded to my post. Around 8 last night we heard that he was coming home and to give him a few days to settle in before we inundated the family with visitors. He unexpectedly died this morning. Thank you all anyway.
Lurkylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #3542
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkylala View Post
Thank you to everyone that responded to my post. Around 8 last night we heard that he was coming home and to give him a few days to settle in before we inundated the family with visitors. He unexpectedly died this morning. Thank you all anyway.
Oh Lurkylala, I am so very sorry to hear that. You and everyone that knew this man will be in my thoughts.
sewdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #3543
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
Erin wasn't the only early shopper this morning!

The kiddos and I trekked across town for my second DisMeet this morning! I enjoyed meeting Erin and her mom and shopping around the store together for a bit!

And, I had a big DUH! Moment when I figured out Erin's screen name. I somehow completely missed the fact that she is nanny to V. Nanny E. Duh! Mystery solved.

(I'll get caught up on all the gorgeous dresses posted recently over the weekend!)

Regards,
C.
Thanks for coming to meet me Carrie! It was so fun to do a Dismeet and her cuties are freaking adorable! My mom and I didn't get out of Joanns until close to 12! How was the zoo?

Quote:
I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #3544
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817 View Post
I'm a newbie to all of this. Wow! So many of these outfits and shirts are amazing! I was wondering what kind of machines you all use for the appliqués. Do you hand guide for the stitching?
I use an embroidery machine for most of my appliques. However, from time to time I use my regular sewing machine to do applique "by hand." I just set it to slow and the widest zigzag width and go from there. There is a great tutorial from the first page of this thread about appliques.

Quote:
Oh I am so sorry to hear that. Please know that your friend's family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #3545
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkylala
So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to you and the family.
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:23 AM   #3546
McDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so sorry.

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #3547
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
I am so sorry. You know it's coming but it comes so fast sometimes. he must have been ready.
pyrxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #3548
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02

I finally finished my nieces 1st birthday dress I still have the hat to make and to find out if it fits her but still done. I made a reversible jacket for it following a youtube video and it actually came out right.

I also made her a neon pink and blue tutu with a tulle hair bow to match and a tulle dress for pictures.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #3549
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Blessings be on the loved ones. And peace be with you for caring.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #3550
sewmess
DIS Veteran

I am still playing with my new toy in a limited fashion because I have about 5 embroidery thread colors, but trying things out I am.

Such as this: A French Inspired Mug Rug > not specifically Disney, but a definate idea for, say, an EPCOT inspired something.

I don't know if you can see the truely horrible stitching on the right side of the Eiffel Tower, but I was overthinking my applique at that point. I got it right on the left side, though. The back makes up for it though, I love the vintage fabrics and the improvised French flag.

The wording was the very first thing I did on the new machine. I am quite pleased and am looking forward to more fun!!

And all the fabric came form my stash!!
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #3551
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
Headed to my Dad's for school break and gonna bring my sewing with me. I have lots of stuff cut so I will just bring everything I need to make it and maybe I will get a few things done while my kids play or are sleeping. I lost the quote but I love the little outfit you made with the reversible jacket, so cute.

PLus, celebrations are in order since due to my Dh's previous employer being sold we have now paid off our DVC and vehicle in full !! One had 3 years left and one had 5. YAY !!
Congrats on paying off your DVC and vehicle. Hope you are having fun at your Dad's.

Quote:
So sorry to hear about your loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
I am still playing with my new toy in a limited fashion because I have about 5 embroidery thread colors, but trying things out I am.

Such as this: A French Inspired Mug Rug > not specifically Disney, but a definate idea for, say, an EPCOT inspired something.

I don't know if you can see the truely horrible stitching on the right side of the Eiffel Tower, but I was overthinking my applique at that point. I got it right on the left side, though. The back makes up for it though, I love the vintage fabrics and the improvised French flag.

The wording was the very first thing I did on the new machine. I am quite pleased and am looking forward to more fun!!

The mug rug is a great idea and it looks nice. Bonus that it was from your stash.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #3552
love to stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I finally finished my nieces 1st birthday dress I still have the hat to make and to find out if it fits her but still done. I made a reversible jacket for it following a youtube video and it actually came out right.

I also made her a neon pink and blue tutu with a tulle hair bow to match and a tulle dress for pictures.
That is an adorable outfit!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #3553
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Headed to my Dad's for school break and gonna bring my sewing with me. I have lots of stuff cut so I will just bring everything I need to make it and maybe I will get a few things done while my kids play or are sleeping.

PLus, celebrations are in order since due to my Dh's previous employer being sold we have now paid off our DVC and vehicle in full !! One had 3 years left and one had 5. YAY !!
I hope you have a great time at your Dad's house and that you get a lot of sewing done. Hooray for being able to pay of your DVC and your vehicle! How wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817 View Post
I'm a newbie to all of this. Wow! So many of these outfits and shirts are amazing! I was wondering what kind of machines you all use for the appliqués. Do you hand guide for the stitching?
I use an embroidery machine for my appliques. I LOVE mine! I have a Brother Innovis 4000d. A lot of people do hand appliques on their machine. It is on my bucket list of things to learn how to do but I haven't gotten to it yet. I am hopeful that I will get some time this summer to work on learning. On the first page of this discussion you will find a link to a wonderful hand applique tutorial.

Quote:
I was going to suggest a tshirt throw. I made one for my Mom for Christmas: they take 9-12 tshirts and I just used some fleece I had in my stash for the back, so I didn't need any batting.
I also like the idea of having his loved ones including things that have special meaning for them.

I did a hand applique this week and after overthinking one side, it turned out pretty well. It's not specifically Disney related, but in theory could be EPCOT related, so as soon as I've got pictures taken, I'll post it. It's another Mug Rug, BTW.
Did you use a tutorial for your t-shirt throw? I am going to try to make one out of some of my dd's old t-shirts. I am hoping to work on it this summer while she is at camp and then I can give it to her as a surprise when she gets home. I can't wait to see your first hand applique.

Quote:
I'm so sorry.

Quote:

Beautiful dress and coat. She will be so adorable for her first birthday photos. I love the dress and the bloomers turned out terrific. I think it is good that you didn't add any wording. It would have been lost on that fabric. Did you follow a tutorial to make the coat? It is an adorable idea. Do you have a link? One of the best gifts that I used to get each year for my girls' birthday was a membership to the JC Penney photo club. That way I could get their pictures taken in their birthday outfits each year.

Quote:

That turned out great. You must be having fun playing around with the applique and the embroidery. Love that you made the back into the French flag to go with the front.

Did you all know that there is a PDF pattern group on FB now? It is called PDF Pattern Sales and Promotions. It has lots of information about sales. I should warn you though that if you join, you are going to end up spending money on new patterns. I think I bought three last week. I'm trying to try out some of the new patterns. Today I did an adorable pair of little shortalls. I am very pleased with how they turned out. I can't share pictures just yet though because they are for one of the FB launch groups. I am hoping to try out another new pattern later this week but I'm not sure how much sewing time I will be able to fit in this week.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #3554
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The outfit looks adorable! I am sure she will look very pretty in her birthday pictures!

Quote:

Your first project on the embroidery looks great. It is great that you can do it using materials in your stash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Did you all know that there is a PDF pattern group on FB now? It is called PDF Pattern Sales and Promotions. It has lots of information about sales. I should warn you though that if you join, you are going to end up spending money on new patterns. I think I bought three last week. I'm trying to try out some of the new patterns. Today I did an adorable pair of little shortalls. I am very pleased with how they turned out. I can't share pictures just yet though because they are for one of the FB launch groups. I am hoping to try out another new pattern later this week but I'm not sure how much sewing time I will be able to fit in this week.
I think this is another reason why I am glad that I don't do FB.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #3555
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
I hope you have a great time at your Dad's house and that you get a lot of sewing done. Hooray for being able to pay of your DVC and your vehicle! How wonderful!

Beautiful dress and coat. She will be so adorable for her first birthday photos. I love the dress and the bloomers turned out terrific. I think it is good that you didn't add any wording. It would have been lost on that fabric. Did you follow a tutorial to make the coat? It is an adorable idea. Do you have a link? One of the best gifts that I used to get each year for my girls' birthday was a membership to the JC Penney photo club. That way I could get their pictures taken in their birthday outfits each year.
Didn't realize my brother had moved in already so now I am short a bed and will be spending the week taking turns sleeping on the couch with my kids. not fun ! The coat was from a Simplicity pattern 1921 and I followed this tutorial to make it reversible. It worked great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgJTv...&feature=share

Thank you for all the compliments on the outfit, I can't wait to see what SIL thinks and how it fits my niece.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: