Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #3091
ivey_family
Mouseketeer
 
ivey_family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Here are some more things I made for my brother's trip back in January

My sister-in-law was looking forward to the Peter Pan ride so I did a Peter Pan theme for our first MK day. The red PP was for my nephew, Captain Hook was for my brother and the white PP was for my sister in law. We were able to meet both Tinkerbell and Peter Pan that day and my nephew had lots of fun with Peter Pan.
I love everything you made, but Peter Pan is TDF! Who's designs are the larger Peter with the Jolly Roger? They are some of the best PP I've seen!

Regards,
C.
__________________
Carrie - Wife to Jason; Mama to Noah (6), Micaiah (5) and Abigail (3)
Facebook: KiddleyDiveySewing

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #3092
love to stitch
Mouseketeer
 
love to stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Here are some more things I made for my brother's trip back in January

My sister-in-law was looking forward to the Peter Pan ride so I did a Peter Pan theme for our first MK day. The red PP was for my nephew, Captain Hook was for my brother and the white PP was for my sister in law. We were able to meet both Tinkerbell and Peter Pan that day and my nephew had lots of fun with Peter Pan.

the back of my nieces skirt, the ruffle fabrics are sparkly

I wore this to try and stay with the Adventureland Theme:


Ariel skirt for Fantasyland Day and meeting Ariel in her "fin"

My nephew was supposed to do the Pirate League so he wore my son's old pirate shirt.

He had no interest in doing the PL and we had to draw a Mickey head over the skull and cross bones with a sharpie because he didn't want the "bones" on the shirt.


They wore these to HS. The day before my niece had done BBB and wore her Merida dress so she had picked the red hair piece. She still had it on the next day when we went to HS and it went well with the "Jessie" theme.

My brother is the baby of our family and has been given the name "Golden Child" since he can do no wrong. During our planning for this trip he would sign his e-mails "Golden Mickey". I could not come up with a good shirt idea for him for HS and then this Golden Mickey t-shirt came to me. My SIL is a star wars fan so she got this Leia cutie.


I made this shirt for myself for HS. It took me forever to find the fabric pieces that would fit in the "film" but I love how it turned out. I got stopped by all the CMs on my way to Toy Story Mania so our FP return times were a little later then they could have been. LOL


I wore this to our last day in MK / Chef Mickey night


I made this shirt for the day my niece did BBB and our dinner at CRT.

Cinderella told me she loved that dress because her animal friends made it for her.

I try to use t-shirts from my closet that are getting a little old or that I don't wear too often for our Disney trips since I usually only wear them once. I had this fleece jacket that has seen better days and was ready to be retired so I customized it for our trip.
front:

back:


I didn't make anything for my parents for this trip but they recycled their shirts from our past trips. They also have a collection of Donald and Daisy shirts from the Disney Store that they always make good use of on our trips so I didn't feel too bad.
I love everything! You did a wonderful job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
Everything is super cute, I love the peter pan set and the film shirt is amazing. What fun to pick out your favorites!

I whipped up two shirts today for my kids' St. Patricks day thing at preschool tomorrow. I had the shirts on hand, they are a size too big, but I don't think they will care. I think they have gotten spoiled with custom shirts for everything since we went to see the Beauty and the Beast play at the high school and one asked, "Where is my Beast shirt, mommy??" which I had not made for them. He settled for wearing his valentine monster shirt.

I haven't really made them special shirts for school other than these, they have a different theme each day, 2x a week and that is too many shirts. If they have one that goes with the theme, great, but no two kids need special shirts 2x a week!
I figured they would wear these tomorrow and then for the weekend and since they are too big maybe even next year!

Those are really cute shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Here is a dress that I made for a customer:



It was fun to make because the mom gave me pretty much free reign to have fun with creating it.
That is a beautiful dress. I'm sure your customer was very happy with it.
__________________
Carol

love to stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #3093
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Here are some more things I made for my brother's trip back in January

the back of my nieces skirt, the ruffle fabrics are sparkly

I wore this to try and stay with the Adventureland Theme:

Ariel skirt for Fantasyland Day and meeting Ariel in her "fin"





I made this shirt for myself for HS. It took me forever to find the fabric pieces that would fit in the "film" but I love how it turned out. I got stopped by all the CMs on my way to Toy Story Mania so our FP return times were a little later then they could have been. LOL

I wore this to our last day in MK / Chef Mickey night

I made this shirt for the day my niece did BBB and our dinner at CRT.

front:

back:
Oh my, I love everything! But the film reel is my favorite. You did an amazing job matching the fabric to the little windows. Do you mind sharing where you got the film design? I also particularly love the Tinkerbell outfit and Jesse outfit! Just fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I figured they would wear these tomorrow and then for the weekend and since they are too big maybe even next year!

These shirts are adorable! I'll bet with their coloring they look really great on the boys. I love that they love to wear the things you make for them. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I found the fairy frost too! I am going to need help figuring out which one to buy for the sparkly dress I have planned for V. V spotted carousel fabric at lens and she loves it I have no idea what to do with it do.

Thanks for listening to my vent ladies! I did order the black with white dots from someone on etsy and shipping was $6.50 so better than most of what I found.
I'm glad you got the fabric you were looking for and the shipping was TOO awful. The fairy frost fabric sounds wonderful. I liked the Mary Poppins suggestion. As I said before, vent away any time. Yours are more like mini vents anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Here is a dress that I made for a customer:



It was fun to make because the mom gave me pretty much free reign to have fun with creating it.
What a great job you did! I'm sure your recipient was excited to get it!

Do you use a ruffler or gathering foot to make your ruffles, or do you stitch and gather? I make a lot of ruffles and I always do the old fashioned way of basting stitch and pull the threads. I was thinking of buying a gathering foot for my machine, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbelleatheart View Post
I just had to post! All of you inspire me. I check this thread every day to see all the things you have created and I walk away feeling uplifted. Silly, I know but to see all the lovely outfits, made with so much love and then add in the true freindship you all seem to have and share with everyone, new or experienced, is just a great way to start my day.

I do owe all of you an apology though. I posted some question about what embroidery machine to buy and was a little snarky when I got only a few replys. I was wrong and expected answers when you all were doing so much more, besides answering questions on a messageboard.

Again, sorry. Imagine if you were told you could never sew again? New innovations have made that possible for me again and your posts and creations keep me moving forward but I was so frustrated looking for a way to sew, to create, to design, I lost sight of the real reason I sewed .

Keep it up! You all are an inspiration!
Just wondering if you ever bought a machine? I know I didn't suggest any because I'm pretty new to the embroidery machine market myself. But hopefully you were able to use the information you did get and now have a machine you love. We like to see lots of pictures, so make sure you post your projects here, whether they're Disney or not.

As for snarky, if you were (and I don't remember anything like that), everyone around here tends to give people the benefit of the doubt and chalk things up to bad day, bad week, whatever. No apologies needed.
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #3094
babynala
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,625

Thanks for all the love for my creations.

nannye - lost your quote but I think MissKenzieMac "might" have a Mary Poppins on a carousel or just a carousel horse by itself. That sounds like a cute fabric. You could also do Cindy and Prince Charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I whipped up two shirts today for my kids' St. Patricks day thing at preschool tomorrow. I had the shirts on hand, they are a size too big, but I don't think they will care. I think they have gotten spoiled with custom shirts for everything since we went to see the Beauty and the Beast play at the high school and one asked, "Where is my Beast shirt, mommy??" which I had not made for them. He settled for wearing his valentine monster shirt.

I haven't really made them special shirts for school other than these, they have a different theme each day, 2x a week and that is too many shirts. If they have one that goes with the theme, great, but no two kids need special shirts 2x a week!
I figured they would wear these tomorrow and then for the weekend and since they are too big maybe even next year!

So funny that your boys are trained to have custom shirts!!! The t-shirts are great, the fabric you used matched perfect. Kind of nice that they can wear them for two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
My older dd was always in the 3rd or 4th percentile since she was tiny. But when she was 5 she just stopped growing. She didn't grow for 2 years. Imagine my 7 year old starting 2nd grade and wearing the same size 4T clothes she'd had for 3 years! Anyhow, we ended up consulting a specialist and she was on growth hormones for 5 years. She did really well on them and she is just under 5 feet tall now. She stopped taking them 2 years ago. Without them, I doubt that she would have ever reached even a "normal" petite height. She is close to being done growing now. We have no idea what caused her to stop growing. But my younger daughter has been bigger than my older dd since they were 1 and 2 years old. We've always had "hand me ups" instead of hand me downs. Even now the older one gets the younger ones clothes.

I'm glad that you did find the fabric you needed without the shipping being totally insane!

Here is a dress that I made for a customer:



It was fun to make because the mom gave me pretty much free reign to have fun with creating it.
Diane - I LOVE this dress. The fabrics are gorgeous. Did you shir part of the back of the dress? Your creativity is really shown off on this dress.

It is nice to hear that your DD responded well to the growth hormones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbelleatheart View Post
I just had to post! All of you inspire me. I check this thread every day to see all the things you have created and I walk away feeling uplifted. Silly, I know but to see all the lovely outfits, made with so much love and then add in the true freindship you all seem to have and share with everyone, new or experienced, is just a great way to start my day.

I do owe all of you an apology though. I posted some question about what embroidery machine to buy and was a little snarky when I got only a few replys. I was wrong and expected answers when you all were doing so much more, besides answering questions on a messageboard.

Again, sorry. Imagine if you were told you could never sew again? New innovations have made that possible for me again and your posts and creations keep me moving forward but I was so frustrated looking for a way to sew, to create, to design, I lost sight of the real reason I sewed .

Keep it up! You all are an inspiration!
No need to apologize. There are lots of folks on this thread that don't have an embroidery machine. Those that do have machines have various models in VERY different price ranges so sometimes it is hard to give a suggestion. If you do a search in any of the Disboutique threads you will probably find lots of machine recommendations. That being said, lots of people use (and like) the Brother 770 or similar model that is embroidery only machine that has a 5x7 field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
I love everything you made, but Peter Pan is TDF! Who's designs are the larger Peter with the Jolly Roger? They are some of the best PP I've seen!

Regards,
C.
That PP design was from MissKenzieMac, she has a facebook page and website.

Lois - I think I forgot to grab your quote, the pink t-shirt is a combination of two designs from FrouFrou by HeatherSue. I combined the designs into one so I wouldn't have to re-hoop. I might have had to scale the 5x7 film design down to get it to fit in my hoop with the text. Doesn't your new machine have a big hoop? You might be able to get the 6X10 designs together in one hooping.
__________________
Me (Liz) DH DD (12) DS (9)


babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #3095
dianemom2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,566

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbelleatheart View Post
I do owe all of you an apology though. I posted some question about what embroidery machine to buy and was a little snarky when I got only a few replys. I was wrong and expected answers when you all were doing so much more, besides answering questions on a messageboard.

Again, sorry. Imagine if you were told you could never sew again? New innovations have made that possible for me again and your posts and creations keep me moving forward but I was so frustrated looking for a way to sew, to create, to design, I lost sight of the real reason I sewed .
I also don't remember anybody being snarky so I don't think we took offense. Some days are busier on here than others and that may be why you only got a few responses. Glad we could help out in any way at all. Now that you are able to create again, make sure you stop by and post pictures of what you make. We LOVE pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
Thank you for posting. I honestly don't remember anyone being snarky around here so I imagine no offense was taken. I hope you will be able to enjoy sewing and we will see pictures of your creations around here!
I completely agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post

Do you use a ruffler or gathering foot to make your ruffles, or do you stitch and gather? I make a lot of ruffles and I always do the old fashioned way of basting stitch and pull the threads. I was thinking of buying a gathering foot for my machine, though.
I usually do it the old fashioned way too. Unless I am making a lot of ruffles, like I was for this dress. Then I use my ruffler foot. I also got smart and learned to do the rolled hem first and then use the ruffler. I have a gathering foot somewhere too but I rarely use it. My ruffler works great! There is also an easy way to make ruffles on the serger but it doesn't work on the Berninas. I have to take my Bernina in to the shop because they told me that if I did, they would show me how to do them on the Bernina. It is just one of those things that I can't find time for though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
nannye - lost your quote but I think MissKenzieMac "might" have a Mary Poppins on a carousel or just a carousel horse by itself. That sounds like a cute fabric. You could also do Cindy and Prince Charming.




Diane - I LOVE this dress. The fabrics are gorgeous. Did you shir part of the back of the dress? Your creativity is really shown off on this dress.
That's exactly the design that I was thinking of when I heard that Nannye bought carousel fabric!

Yes, I did shirr a portion of the back of the dress. The mom gave me measurements for a tall, thin girl and I thought without some stretch, the dress would be too hard to get in and out of. So I did a shirred panel and added it to the center back of the dress. I liked how it turned out and I might start doing it on more Simply Sweets. The only thing I don't like about that pattern is that it is hard to get in and out of it. I also plan to try a back made with some buttons.
__________________
DivineDesignsbyDiane on Etsy.





dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #3096
goteamwood
DIS Veteran
 
goteamwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crystal Lake IL
Posts: 518

Happy (early) St. Patrick's Day



The shirts were a hit at preschool today. And, as expected, they are huge so at our current growth rate they might get more use next year!

(they were looking upstairs at Daddy, but at least they are looking the same direction!)
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Etsy: JustJoshinKids • just-joshin.com
personal blog: go team wood dot com

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #3097
ivey_family
Mouseketeer
 
ivey_family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
That PP design was from MissKenzieMac, she has a facebook page and website.
Ohh, thank you! She's added a bunch since I was last there. Must resist most of them!

Enabler Alert - MissKenzieMac is having a really good sale today until midnight. 47% off all designs and sets! Code is "MARCHFBSALE"

Regards,
C.
__________________
Carrie - Wife to Jason; Mama to Noah (6), Micaiah (5) and Abigail (3)
Facebook: KiddleyDiveySewing

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #3098
goteamwood
DIS Veteran
 
goteamwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crystal Lake IL
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family

Ohh, thank you! She's added a bunch since I was last there. Must resist most of them!

Enabler Alert - MissKenzieMac is having a really good sale today until midnight. 47% off all designs and sets! Code is "MARCHFBSALE"

Regards,
C.
I just saw that too. And got that Peter Pan, the Pete's silly sideshow set and a couple others.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Etsy: JustJoshinKids • just-joshin.com
personal blog: go team wood dot com

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #3099
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post


The shirts were a hit at preschool today. And, as expected, they are huge so at our current growth rate they might get more use next year!

(they were looking upstairs at Daddy, but at least they are looking the same direction!)
So much cuteness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Thanks for all the love for my creations.

That PP design was from MissKenzieMac, she has a facebook page and website.

Lois - I think I forgot to grab your quote, the pink t-shirt is a combination of two designs from FrouFrou by HeatherSue. I combined the designs into one so I wouldn't have to re-hoop. I might have had to scale the 5x7 film design down to get it to fit in my hoop with the text. Doesn't your new machine have a big hoop? You might be able to get the 6X10 designs together in one hooping.
Yes, my machine has a couple of sizes above the 5x7, so I am so going to CASE for our next trip if you don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
Ohh, thank you! She's added a bunch since I was last there. Must resist most of them!

Enabler Alert - MissKenzieMac is having a really good sale today until midnight. 47% off all designs and sets! Code is "MARCHFBSALE"

Regards,
C.
Okay, I'm off to visit MissKenzie Mac!
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #3100
ivey_family
Mouseketeer
 
ivey_family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I just saw that too. And got that Peter Pan, the Pete's silly sideshow set and a couple others.
I bought Peter Pan, Figment and a dragon. There are soooo many more I'd like and can envision outfits for, but no trip until 2014, so I'm resisting for now.

I do really want to make my dd a Figment Vida even without a trip. There have been some cute ones in recent launches.

Regards,
C.
__________________
Carrie - Wife to Jason; Mama to Noah (6), Micaiah (5) and Abigail (3)
Facebook: KiddleyDiveySewing

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #3101
nannye
DIS Veteran
 
nannye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: K-W, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,588

For those of you that buy stabilizer at Joanns for your embroidery machine, what do you buy? I am going to put in an order today and stabilizer is on sale so I want to get some. Not sure what the best thing to buy is. (I buy a different brand in canada that is likely way more expensive! What do you buy, a link would be so appreciated. Thanks!
__________________
Me Erin (30) & nanny to V (6)
August 2013 PTR! 3rd Times A Charm August 2013 PTR

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP


Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #3102
dianemom2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,566

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post


The shirts were a hit at preschool today. And, as expected, they are huge so at our current growth rate they might get more use next year!

(they were looking upstairs at Daddy, but at least they are looking the same direction!)
Awwww, such cuties! I'm sure their shirts were a hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
Ohh, thank you! She's added a bunch since I was last there. Must resist most of them!

Enabler Alert - MissKenzieMac is having a really good sale today until midnight. 47% off all designs and sets! Code is "MARCHFBSALE"

Regards,
C.
Ugh! Now i am going to have to go and look at what is on sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
For those of you that buy stabilizer at Joanns for your embroidery machine, what do you buy? I am going to put in an order today and stabilizer is on sale so I want to get some. Not sure what the best thing to buy is. (I buy a different brand in canada that is likely way more expensive! What do you buy, a link would be so appreciated. Thanks!
For me the brand doesn't matter. I use heavy weight cut away stabilizer for most of my stuff.

Here is another outfit that I finished today. It is for my niece's 6th birthday party this Sunday. It is hard to believe that she is turning 6 already. My nephew will be turning 8 too but I thought that the birthday hat design was a little bit feminine so I am on the lookout for something else for him.



I loved the pink fabric when I saw it at Joanns. It is a little bit sparkly and says Happy Birthday on it. A nice bonus was that it was on the clearance rack for $3 per yard! This is also one of the new patterns that I bought on the YCMT $5 sale. I really liked the pattern and it was fairly easy to make.
__________________
DivineDesignsbyDiane on Etsy.





dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #3103
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer
 
ColonelHathi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family

Ohh, thank you! She's added a bunch since I was last there. Must resist most of them!

Enabler Alert - MissKenzieMac is having a really good sale today until midnight. 47% off all designs and sets! Code is "MARCHFBSALE"

Regards,
C.
(SQUEEK) Thank you so much for posting this! Just purchased a Persephone design for my MNSSHP poodle skirt - I had not found one anywhere and was going to try to figure out how to do it by hand on felt - ugh... DH and I are going as a 50's couple.

Also just bought the Fantasia Ballerina Hippo and Gator for Tees for me and DH - bwahahaha. Thanks again.

Love, love, love everything lately. Too much to comment on by iPhone. You ladies are inspirational!
__________________
Me DH DS 8 DD 5

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #3104
scbelleatheart
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 998

More great pictures! Thanks for not remembering!
I had to change a few things up and get used to them. I lost sight in one eye and so have no depth percepton anymore. I sewed for a living for years so it was quite an adjustment.
Threading a needle is my biggest issue. I have Janome that has a threader and purchased a Babylock serger with the air threader. I have a Singer Futura 350 that I have never got out of the box bouht just after my accident. Threading my old sergers was impossible and I decided it was just to risky to use my industrial machine ever. My original embroidry machine was a POEM.
Asking DH to thread a machine? It's taken about 3 years to get adjusted to not having depth perception and with major help of magnifying lenses that flip down over the sewing machine I have sewed about 6/7 projects so far. Now walking down steps and driving are still a little off.
I think I will get the Brother PE770 but practice for now on the singer since I have all the software.
If I don't start sewing again big time I will run out of space for patterns and fabric.
Thank you for being nice and sharing what you do so well.
scbelleatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #3105
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran
 
PurpleEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 897

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post


The shirts were a hit at preschool today. And, as expected, they are huge so at our current growth rate they might get more use next year!

(they were looking upstairs at Daddy, but at least they are looking the same direction!)
Awww, how cute! Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
Ohh, thank you! She's added a bunch since I was last there. Must resist most of them!

Enabler Alert - MissKenzieMac is having a really good sale today until midnight. 47% off all designs and sets! Code is "MARCHFBSALE"

Regards,
C.
Maybe I will pop over there shortly to see what she has. Argh, too bad the Canadian dollar is low right now (and that I just spent $300 on a Marathon order recently).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
For those of you that buy stabilizer at Joanns for your embroidery machine, what do you buy? I am going to put in an order today and stabilizer is on sale so I want to get some. Not sure what the best thing to buy is. (I buy a different brand in canada that is likely way more expensive! What do you buy, a link would be so appreciated. Thanks!
I just got rolls of stabilizer from Marathon (well and thread too). I got medium weight cutaway, medium weight tearaway, and aquafilm. I can't wait until I have enough energy to use Genie again - maybe this weekend. Depends on how much you need, I may be able to send you some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Here is another outfit that I finished today. It is for my niece's 6th birthday party this Sunday. It is hard to believe that she is turning 6 already. My nephew will be turning 8 too but I thought that the birthday hat design was a little bit feminine so I am on the lookout for something else for him.



I loved the pink fabric when I saw it at Joanns. It is a little bit sparkly and says Happy Birthday on it. A nice bonus was that it was on the clearance rack for $3 per yard! This is also one of the new patterns that I bought on the YCMT $5 sale. I really liked the pattern and it was fairly easy to make.
Great job on the set and you can't beat the price on the pink fabric! I also picked up that pattern from YMCT so I am glad to hear that it is fairly easy to make. I just need to find the energy and time to sew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbelleatheart View Post
More great pictures! Thanks for not remembering!
I had to change a few things up and get used to them. I lost sight in one eye and so have no depth percepton anymore. I sewed for a living for years so it was quite an adjustment.
Threading a needle is my biggest issue. I have Janome that has a threader and purchased a Babylock serger with the air threader. I have a Singer Futura 350 that I have never got out of the box bouht just after my accident. Threading my old sergers was impossible and I decided it was just to risky to use my industrial machine ever. My original embroidry machine was a POEM.
Asking DH to thread a machine? It's taken about 3 years to get adjusted to not having depth perception and with major help of magnifying lenses that flip down over the sewing machine I have sewed about 6/7 projects so far. Now walking down steps and driving are still a little off.
I think I will get the Brother PE770 but practice for now on the singer since I have all the software.
If I don't start sewing again big time I will run out of space for patterns and fabric.
Thank you for being nice and sharing what you do so well.
I am so sorry to hear about your circumstance. I am glad that you were able to make adjustments to your sewing equipment so you can sew again. I don't have any good suggestions for threading a machine, but I do send you the best wishes in your recovery and getting back to doing something that you enjoy.
__________________
DH Me



Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: