Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #2581
3Gsandme
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy this bumped so I could find you all!!

Is it just Disney sewing? Or anything?

My November 2015 PTR-Heigh Ho Ho HO!
3Gsandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #2582
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Gsandme View Post

No it's not just Disney sewing. We like anything!
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #2583
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
I just have to say I read you post last night and it made me giggle. "Tinkle" Tee Hee. I personally perfer Cinderella over Tink too - DD calls her "my princess" I can't wait to see how the dress runs out pyrxtc! I have a Cinderella inspired dress in the works for DD too - but not cut out yet. I am using New Look 6137 because I thought the pattern looked easy. Tried it out on a Belle-inspired dress, and not so easy - the bodice is a bit complicated. Hope you have better luck!

Quilted Mickeys would have been way cute! I was thinking of BoG when I picked it, so I was Belle-inspired when I made it.

Happy Friday everyone!
Autocorrect strikes again - I thought I had posted "Tink" Guess the kindle had other ideas.

When I get back into the craft, I get back into it! I've got three projects in motion right now: finishing up a Christmas Present for DH; Knitted baby sweater for a co-worker & sewing weights for me. Plus I've got about 50 ideas waiting in the wings.

But I mustn't over do-it.

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #2584
3Gsandme
DIS Veteran

I'm sorting/purging my fabric. It seemed like a really good idea at the time.

Does anyone have a good Internet pattern for knit beanies? My friends daughter has leukemia and I want to send her some goodies.

My November 2015 PTR-Heigh Ho Ho HO!
3Gsandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #2585
ivey_family
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone,

After a crazy marathon on the computer to finish 5 photo books, I've finally had some sewing time. I made a custom nursing cover today and finished the hem and collar on a Snow White costume. I actually made two of the SW last fall since I started with too large a pattern for dd. (Stupid commercial pattern!) I had to remake a smaller one for her, but a young cousin will be wearing the larger one at WDW later this month, so thankfully it was not wasted effort and fabric! I can't wait to hear how people react to her. She has lovely curly black hair and the costume looks so nice on her!

Next up, 3 beach robes for my kids from this pattern. We're going to an indoor water park next Friday. Nothing like a little pressure on myself. The kids picked some cute striped towels from Wally's. I'm kind of excited about this project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_jude View Post
Here's what I've been working on lately. These are gifts for a co-worker who just had her second child (a boy). I usually try to do something for any older children in the family as well as for the new baby. In this family, there is also a 2.5 year old girl who loves Tangled so that was the theme I went with.

First for the big sister:

and then navy pinwhale corduroy overalls for the new baby brother:

Judy
What a nice gift! Very cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Hi Carrie! How is your etsy shop going? I hope you have been able to sell some of your nursing covers. With the decrease in our paychecks I am once again toying with the idea of a shop. Just need to make sure I could put income on our personal taxes and not have to file separate business taxes. I worry b/c in our state you must have a business license to sell on etsy.
Hi Andrea!

So glad to see you posting regularly again! My shop is going VERY slowly, but thank you for asking! So far only a couple family members have made purchases. The shop itself is a bit neglected and I need to get a bunch of new items listed. I've got some embroidered items I made as gifts to list. With Christmas and homeschooling, I just haven't had enough time to get much done. Hopefully, I can get some work done on that next week, too!

Michigan has a really nice website that walks you through all the steps of opening a small business. Maybe Virginia does too? I applied for a state license because then I can buy wholesale from places like Monag. You should be able to google the tax question, I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
We just found out that Josh's brother and his wife are having a BOY!!! Yay!!!

D~
Congratulations! And I love the little pants! I've found creative sewing for boys is hard. But if anyone can do it, you can! Can't wait to see the rest of what you make for the little guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
And all 3 together..... I don't have my live model til the end of this week.

They all turned out so nicely! I loved the petulant model shots, too! When does the contest conclude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hello, friends! Popping in to live vicariously through all your creations. I can't sew right now as I just had knee surgery, and it was my right leg. Maybe I should learn how to work that foot pedal with my left. You never know!

Anyway, I am on the mend. Just made a beautiful baby quilt for a fellow DIS friend, and finished curtains for our basement, pre-surgery. Not Disney related but still an accomplishment.

Happy to be back on the DIS and checking out all the beautiful things! Keep up the good work! I love seeing all the creativity.
Glad to hear you're on the mend! I hope you'll be back up to full speed very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
I think it's been so quiet since most people have migrated from here to FB. And yes Flora, I think you and I may be the only ones who don't FB! I think Diane is the only one who FB's and still sticks around here regularly. I miss seeing all the others great stuff and keeping up with them, but I can certainly understand not wanting to post in both places. I guess FB is easier for most
I do FB, including the disbou page, but I actually prefer it here. Honestly, I'm kind of intimidated by the group on FB. They are always very kind, but so many of them know each other so well, I feel a bit like an outsider. (I don't mean that to sound at all snarky or rude, so I hope it doesn't come across that way!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binabodi View Post
Sorry I already broke the rules! I really was just trying to share the pic! Here is a shirt I made for my son for our upcoming Valentine's Day trip.
Hope this works & I don't get another infraction!

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry it's huge! No idea how to resize on photobucket mobile.
Very clever! And, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
But my favorite, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE despite it not showing their shirts at all:

Jen
All those pics are great! I drool over your blog and website - it just looks so polished! How wonderful to have a photographer friend! That last shot is wonderful! My kids are not allowed to touch their ears either. They're decorations on a shelf in my bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
I haven't been here in a while because the holidays and then I had a little health thing, which is being corrected by the fabulous chiropractor recommended by my mom and my sister and who is a dear friend's chiropractor as well.

Anyway with the back/neck issues I've been reducing my sewing. I'm starting to gradually sew again, but nothing to share yet.

Love all the dresses and the Lightning Heart.
Glad to hear you're on the mend! Hope you'll feel up to sewing soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom1218 View Post
I just purchased one tonight. I am so excited!!!
Congrats! You'll love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Thanks everyone. I am 20 weeks along Andrea. I may not have posted on this thread but in my trip report. I am just tired. We have a lot of other things impacting us too right now.

My MIL is ill, this bus strike, we need to move things around because we have to do a home remodel to fit all the kids in. It is just a lot. Also with me being a high risk pregnancy due to my age and a rather horrid previous history things are just hard. I am trying to do what I can but it is beginning to feel like the walls are closing in

We are super excited though and hope that we find out what the baby is at my next sonogram in a couple weeks.
I'm sorry you're having such a stressful time! Prayers that things will ease up on you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMom4 View Post

I hope this work as I don't post many pictures on here.
Those turned out great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Here are a few things I've made this week:

These are purchased dresses and I added the appliques:

I love everything! My favorite is the first outfit - love those colors! What size range are those dresses? I'd love that pink one for dd, though I'm guessing it's too big right now. Maybe I'll go grab one for a year or two down the road.

Quote:
Hi

Oliver + S Ruffle Halter (free pattern) - Jessie Cowgirl
I also love the popover dress pattern
Shorts - Once Upon A Child/Target Mossimo
Front:

Stitch shirt for DS - hand-appliqued (this picture is pre-sewn, but it turned out well and DS loves it)

key fobs/pocket purses - longwaitforisabella.com (lanyard and key fob pattern). The Lanyards and Goofy have not yet been finished, and there's also another Tigger pocket purse in the works for DS. I am making 2 for DD and DS each, Red Minnie-inspired for me, Goofy for DH.

I also bought a two-zip hipster pattern on Etsy from Erin Erickson . I have material cut out for a vintage-inspired Mickey/Minnie hipster for our trip using the same pattern. I love how this turned out! Thank you to D~ for the inspiration to try out a hipster, your bags are awesome!!!

Thanks for viewing!
I love everything, but that Jesse outfit is TDF! So clever!

Quote:
Thank you everyone for the comments. I went with the pink image one with the full skirt. I went to buy the Tink fabric and the quality of the batch they had was really dismal. It was very see through and I just couldn't go through with buying it. I ended up buying blue Cinderella fabric, she liked my blue one best anyways, and am going to use plain light blue for the skirt with 3 or 3 over-layers of tulle to match Cindy's dress and a bit of pink tulle peeking out from under.

Someday I'll buy a pattern I have to print out. I don't have a working printer to print it out on plus I already owned the pattern I am using.

I really like the ruffled top and the pocket purses. Very handy to have one of those.
That will be really pretty!

What does everyone think of the new Cindy and other Princesses? I love the in-park changes, but I'm not so sure on the printed versions yet.

Quote:

DS's bottle carrier is made Star Wars fabric from Joann. He LOVES this fabric, more importantly note the AT-AT detail. DS is obsessed with anything Star Wars lately, particularly AT-ATs, so he was really geeked about this and offered consultation in the design and what to have shown (Death Star on the inside, AT-AT on the outside, Wing Fighter on the bottom). He has since sat there and just studied the bottle carrier.

Everything is nice, but I really like the patchwork jean skirt. I'm sorry it didn't turn out as you'd hope. I hate when that happens! I love that you ds helped design his water bottle holder!

Off to print the robe patterns and get started! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Regards,
C.

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #2586
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood
Awwwww, shucks. Thanks.
Yay! goteamwood - awesomely cute tops and photos! Sorry fir the misquote. ha, auto correct strikes again ("for" not "fir" - tee hee! Go iPhone go...)

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #2587
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by love to stitch View Post
I've been at an educational conference for the past 3 days and I'm trying to catch up here. Everything looks great.
The conference was in Orlando but unfortunately there was no time to visit the parks. We did have dinner and did some shopping in Downtown Disney one evening. My co-worker had never been to Downtown and was so amazed at everything, she was like a kid in a candy store.
Have a great day everyone.
I hope the conference was good. It sounds like you and your co-worker had a good time at Downtown Disney one evening. Maybe you co-worker will be planning a trip to the parks AND Downtown Disney soon!

Quote:

Welcome! We share pictures of sewing (and other crafts) and certainly they are not all Disney related. You may want to read the first post as it provides some background about this lovely, talented, friendly group of people.

Quote:
Autocorrect strikes again - I thought I had posted "Tink" Guess the kindle had other ideas.

When I get back into the craft, I get back into it! I've got three projects in motion right now: finishing up a Christmas Present for DH; Knitted baby sweater for a co-worker & sewing weights for me. Plus I've got about 50 ideas waiting in the wings.

Sounds like you have your projects all lined up! I can't wait to see pictures of these projects!

Quote:

Does anyone have a good Internet pattern for knit beanies? My friends daughter has leukemia and I want to send her some goodies.
I don't have any suggestions for you, but I just want to say I am sorry to hear that your friend is going through a difficult time. You are a good friend by sending her something special. I hope the family is getting the support needed in this time of need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
Hi Everyone,

After a crazy marathon on the computer to finish 5 photo books, I've finally had some sewing time. I made a custom nursing cover today and finished the hem and collar on a Snow White costume. I actually made two of the SW last fall since I started with too large a pattern for dd. (Stupid commercial pattern!) I had to remake a smaller one for her, but a young cousin will be wearing the larger one at WDW later this month, so thankfully it was not wasted effort and fabric! I can't wait to hear how people react to her. She has lovely curly black hair and the costume looks so nice on her!

Next up, 3 beach robes for my kids from this pattern. We're going to an indoor water park next Friday. Nothing like a little pressure on myself. The kids picked some cute striped towels from Wally's. I'm kind of excited about this project!

Off to print the robe patterns and get started! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Regards,
C.
Those photobooks can take a lot of time but I am sure they are well worth the effort. I hope your cousin will get lots of attention in the Snow White dress that you made. I can't wait to see pictures of the beach robes. I am sure your kids are looking forward to going to the water park. It sounds like a great idea to escape the winter!

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #2588
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
I just have to say I read you post last night and it made me giggle. "Tinkle" Tee Hee. I personally perfer Cinderella over Tink too - DD calls her "my princess" I can't wait to see how the dress runs out pyrxtc! I have a Cinderella inspired dress in the works for DD too - but not cut out yet. I am using New Look 6137 because I thought the pattern looked easy. Tried it out on a Belle-inspired dress, and not so easy - the bodice is a bit complicated. Hope you have better luck!

Quilted Mickeys would have been way cute! I was thinking of BoG when I picked it, so I was Belle-inspired when I made it.

Happy Friday everyone!
So far, just cutting out the pattern, I HATE it ! UGH !! It is a PIA and the writing on the pattern is wrong. Numbers look right but descriptions are wrong on 2 of them. It describes 3 skirt side front and no side backs or front of skirt. Some of the pattern was so faded out that you couldn't see the lines to follow. It has like 150 inches on the waist that you have to gather twice, once for skirt and once for the lining. I hope that it turns out worth the hassle.

I also had a bunch of leftover Cindy fabric and decided to make an apron for her too. Her grandpa says she doesn't have a doll that he knows of but spends a lot of time on her play kitchen. So I made a full an apron for her and one that starts at the waist for Mom so they match.

Quote:

wish I could help but good luck !
Old 02-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #2589
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Love the fabric choices and your plans for the dress. I see that you decided to change up the way the top is cut. I think it sounds like a good idea. The fabric is so pretty that it seems like a shame to cut it up into little pieces only to sew it back together.

Quote:
Totally understand.

And I agree - it needs to warm up soon... Just ONE more month for the worst of it - I think I can, I think I can...

D~
It was 20 degrees here tonight. I don't know how you stand it up north where it is really cold!

Quote:

Thanks for bearing with me and all my project posts. It freezing outside in MN, work is slow lately, and I'm busy dreaming about FL and my sewing projects to come.
I love that top. It is so cute! And the Minnie outfit turned out great too. Sorry that it was painful to put together but it looks really good from this direction.

I too am dreaming about Florida and some warm weather. We had two days earlier this week that were 70 degrees (one actually broke a record) but the last two days have been cold and yucky.

Quote:
After much self torture on what dress to do, I don't like how the pattern I post pieces off the top into so many sections so I am going to change it and put the pieces together so I am not cutting Cindy up so much and it is prettier. I hope it works ! I will put the pattern together and then cut out the fabric.

I think I might have enough fabric to make a doll dress too. I wonder if her grandpa knows what size doll is her favorite one ?
As I said further up in my post, I think this is a good plan to keep the prettiness of the fabric. I hope that it works out ok. You could do a mock up of the bodice with some muslin to see if it works alright before you cut into the more expensive Cinderella fabric.

My guess is that she would probably have a doll that would fit an 18 inch sized doll dress. Most little girls seem to have a doll that size these days.

Quote:

Glad that you found us. We all love Disney and we all love sewing. However, this group is not limited to just Disney sewing. You will find a lot of our outfits are Disney themed though.

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

What size range are those dresses? I'd love that pink one for dd, though I'm guessing it's too big right now. Maybe I'll go grab one for a year or two down the road.
It sounds like you have been a busy lady. Homeschooling, sewing and taking care of your family must keep you very busy! Sorry that you have to make two Snow White outfits but at least your cousin will get to use the larger one. Maybe they can save it for you when she outgrows it and then your dd can use it.

The pool robe pattern is very cute. I did pool robes for a Big Give a couple of months ago. I used a free pattern that I got off the internet and I was happy with how they turned out. Planetapplique has a free set of "Little Lifeguard" appliques. Here is a link to them:http://www.planetapplique.com/all-ap...prod_1174.html
They look really cute on the pool robes. For some reason she doesn't have them listed on her freebies page.

The pink polka dot dress came from the girls department, not the toddlers. I am sure the smallest would be too big for your little girl right now but it might be worth picking one up for her to grow into. They were only $5.97. I ordered mine on-line to avoid going into Walmart. Going into that store always ends up costing me a fortune! I avoid going to Costco for the same reason.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #2590
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So far, just cutting out the pattern, I HATE it ! UGH !! It is a PIA and the writing on the pattern is wrong. Numbers look right but descriptions are wrong on 2 of them. It describes 3 skirt side front and no side backs or front of skirt. Some of the pattern was so faded out that you couldn't see the lines to follow. It has like 150 inches on the waist that you have to gather twice, once for skirt and once for the lining. I hope that it turns out worth the hassle.

I also had a bunch of leftover Cindy fabric and decided to make an apron for her too. Her grandpa says she doesn't have a doll that he knows of but spends a lot of time on her play kitchen. So I made a full an apron for her and one that starts at the waist for Mom so they match.
Sorry that the pattern is a PITA. Can you baste the lining and skirt together at the top before gathering so that you only have to gather it once? Also, can you taper the pieces a bit at the top so that once you gather both layers they don't add in a huge amount of bulkiness at the waist of the dress?

An apron should be super cute! If she loves her play kitchen, I'm sure she will love the apron and with little ones, they just adore anything that matches with mom.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #2591
ivey_family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It sounds like you have been a busy lady. Homeschooling, sewing and taking care of your family must keep you very busy! Sorry that you have to make two Snow White outfits but at least your cousin will get to use the larger one. Maybe they can save it for you when she outgrows it and then your dd can use it.

The pool robe pattern is very cute. I did pool robes for a Big Give a couple of months ago. I used a free pattern that I got off the internet and I was happy with how they turned out. Planetapplique has a free set of "Little Lifeguard" appliques. Here is a link to them:http://www.planetapplique.com/all-ap...prod_1174.html
They look really cute on the pool robes. For some reason she doesn't have them listed on her freebies page.

The pink polka dot dress came from the girls department, not the toddlers. I am sure the smallest would be too big for your little girl right now but it might be worth picking one up for her to grow into. They were only $5.97. I ordered mine on-line to avoid going into Walmart. Going into that store always ends up costing me a fortune! I avoid going to Costco for the same reason.
I d/l that robe pattern when you made those robes and I considered using it, but I really like the long sleeves and hood on the MADE pattern. Thanks for the applique link! I'll check it out

I figured that dress was Girls sizes since your niece is in school. I will probably try to grab one, though, next time I'm over there. It is a dangerous store for spending money! I had actually picked some striped fabric to line the hoods of all the robes in their fabric dept, but after 10 minutes and two calls over the PA, no one came to cut it. I took that as a sign and will hit Joann's for something tomorrow.

Question - Regarding Walmart fabric, do they take competitor coupons? Their fabric prices are just too high, imo.

Regards,
C.

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #2592
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by love to stitch View Post
I've been at an educational conference for the past 3 days and I'm trying to catch up here. Everything looks great.
The conference was in Orlando but unfortunately there was no time to visit the parks. We did have dinner and did some shopping in Downtown Disney one evening. My co-worker had never been to Downtown and was so amazed at everything, she was like a kid in a candy store.
Have a great day everyone.
Ohhh, to be so close to the parks and NOT be able to enter one... But nice you got to visit DTD!

Quote:

Welcome to the thread! I see others have let you know it is not exclusive Disney. You'll find a lot of inspiration and encouragement as well as great suggestions when you're "stuck" or have a problem. Hope to see something you've made in the near future.

Quote:

I do not have a pattern, but hopefully someone will chime in soon to point you in the right direction. It's a very nice thought to give something so practical for your friend's daughter.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #2593
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post

Your post just reminded me of our meet back in the fall. It was so much fun to see you in real life! Hopefully one of these days I can do more Dismeets.
That was so much fun! I can't believe it's been that long ago already!

Quote:

Welcome! We love to see everything!

Quote:

I can't wait to see everything Ruth!!!

Quote:
It was 20 degrees here tonight. I don't know how you stand it up north where it is really cold!
Yesterday was really bad - we were in a Windchill warning all day... And with Alli's missing coat - I was not a happy camper! Then to top it off - Josh wanted to do some family bonding at a college hockey game... LOL Brrr... It was worth it though... Kind of cool story ahead... Josh's cousin from Alaska plays hockey for one of our local colleges - so we get to go see him play quite often, and his parents feel better when he has family to cheer for him in the stands. So, it's kind of cool. However - when it's so cold like that - you just go out there and it's so cold that you can't even be cold. LOL

Had to come and share the chenille baby quilt I made for my new nephew - it turned out really cool and I am very proud of it! It is the first quilt I have ever made... Sorry for those of you who have already seen it on my PTR... There are more pictures posted there, I just didn't want to bombard you all here.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #2594
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am sorry to hear that the pattern is giving you troubles. I am sure the end result will look very pretty and the efforts are well worth it. I think it is a great idea to make matching aprons for mom and daugther. I am sure they will enjoy their time together in the kitchen with those special aprons (play or real).

Quote:

I too am dreaming about Florida and some warm weather. We had two days earlier this week that were 70 degrees (one actually broke a record) but the last two days have been cold and yucky.

Wow, I cannot imagine 70 degrees in January! I was so happy earlier in the week when it warmed up to around 30 degrees here.

I think the Walmart and Costco that you guys have must be more interesting than the ones here. We only go into those stores for very specific things and leave. Costco is always like a zoo here so we try to avoid it as much as possible. Unfortunately they have the best prices on a few staples so we put up with it!

Quote:
I figured that dress was Girls sizes since your niece is in school. I will probably try to grab one, though, next time I'm over there. It is a dangerous store for spending money! I had actually picked some striped fabric to line the hoods of all the robes in their fabric dept, but after 10 minutes and two calls over the PA, no one came to cut it. I took that as a sign and will hit Joann's for something tomorrow.

Question - Regarding Walmart fabric, do they take competitor coupons? Their fabric prices are just too high, imo.

Regards,
C.
I hope you can get what you need at Joann's. We don't have a fabric department in the Walmarts near us (they never put them back in after they took them out a couple of years ago). I just see it as a sign that I should use up my stash! I have never heard of Walmart taking competitors' coupons, though I guess it never hurts to ask!

Quote:
Yesterday was really bad - we were in a Windchill warning all day... And with Alli's missing coat - I was not a happy camper! Then to top it off - Josh wanted to do some family bonding at a college hockey game... LOL Brrr... It was worth it though... Kind of cool story ahead... Josh's cousin from Alaska plays hockey for one of our local colleges - so we get to go see him play quite often, and his parents feel better when he has family to cheer for him in the stands. So, it's kind of cool. However - when it's so cold like that - you just go out there and it's so cold that you can't even be cold. LOL

Had to come and share the chenille baby quilt I made for my new nephew - it turned out really cool and I am very proud of it! It is the first quilt I have ever made... Sorry for those of you who have already seen it on my PTR... There are more pictures posted there, I just didn't want to bombard you all here.

D~
The quilt turned out great! It looks nice and warm! Thank you for sharing the pictures.

I totally get what you mean by it's so cold that you can't even be cold. My family lived in Winnipeg when I was in high school (which is about 7 hours drive northwest of Minneapolis), so I got used to going outside on miserably cold days. One of the few good things I would say about Winnipeg is that the original Winnie the Pooh was from there. I am so thankful that we live in Calgary now. The chinooks really help to break up winter.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #2595
hey_jude
Mouseketeer

Quote:

www.ravelry.com has a number of free patterns for just about every type of knit beanie you could think of.

Judy

Dec 1972 - offsite visit to Disney World / Dec 1975 - offsite visit to Disney World / Mar 1993 - Dixie Landings / Aug 2008 - All Star Music / Aug-Sept 2009 - All Star Music, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party / Aug 2010 - All Star Music, Bay Lake Tower / October 2010 - offsite visit to Disneyland, Mickey's Halloween Party / Aug 2011 - All Star Music / Aug-Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
hey_jude is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: