Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #2371
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HppyCamprs View Post
Hello and Happy New Year. Great sewing projects as always!
I caught the flu just before christmas and did not get any of the stuff I had planned on getting done, done.
Sorry that you were sick and didn't get your planned stuff done. But you can always use it next year. Wendy did some adorable pajama bottoms with each leg a different fabric. Since you have one leg already cut out, you'd just need to cut out the other leg to finish them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooshy View Post
I think I ran across your post after I posted. Funny how that pattern is popular I was also thinking of making a cover up for the pool/beach but not in Disney print. I does look like it will be light and airy for a hot day at Disney. We live in Odenton.
My in-laws used to have a condo in Odenton. In Piney Orchard. But they live in FL full time now. It is a nice area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
Catching-Up Part 2:
Everything is lovely! We're always our toughest critics, but I think the sailor dress is terrific!
I am definitely very critical of the things that I have sewn. I see all the tiny flaws because I know that they are there.

Quote:
Love them all, but this one is my favorite! How great to get licensed fabrics for free! That was some nice customer service!
I do agree that it was good customer service. I will order from them again because of it.

Quote:

Wow, your gifts turned out great. I hope that the kids ended up liking the capes and masks more after Christmas. I made some for my cousins kids a couple of years ago and they were way more work than I expected! Your pot holder set for your dd is adorable. She must love playing with it. And the shirts and outfits and bag/key chain sets are great. I hope that everybody loved the gifts.

[QUOTE=blessedmom4;47119025][QUOTE=WyomingMomof6;47090360]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post

LOVE the Wizard of Oz, I hope I get to see the outfit. Diane, yours was
Thanks Judy! I was glad that it raised a nice amount of money for the kids' school. Sometimes you just don't know how things will work out when you donate something. Some people don't appreciate custom made clothing. It turned out that woman who bought it wanted it so much because her last name is Tinsman and she loved the Tin Man on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I love everything you make! You have amazing sewing talent! I especially love the Berenstain Bears dress. How nice that your DD wants you to make something for her again. Don't worry, you'll get plenty of chances to make for her again when she is older. I made almost every prom/dance dress for both of my daughters as well as bridesmaid dresses for my youngest DD's
Thanks I am glad to hear that my girls will eventually like my sewing again. I am not sure I could make bridesmaid dresses but I know I will enjoy making them other things when they decide they want me to sew for them again.

Quote:

Here is my DGD in her Rapunzel dress. I didn't get a great shot of her in it with my phone, but we have some on our camera and I haven't a clue how to post from there. She wasn't interested in wearing the hair, but her hair goes down her back, so she really didn't need it! I spent the next few days playing Flynn Ryder and we had to call her Rapunzel. She took it off to eat meals, but had to put it right back on again, so all the work was worth it! Here she is, in her "tower".

And here are shots of the super hero cape I made for my DGS. He wouldn't put it on, so there are no modeled shots. The MM stands for Miles Man, which we call him all the time. And on the reverse, I just put his favorite character who, at the moment happens to be spiderman.

I also made two zippered totes for two of my DGDs to hold their LeapFrog Tag and several books. They turned out pretty cute, but I didn't get a picture of them. It was my first time to quilt fabric as well as make a bag with a zipper closure. Let me just say...I'm no D~!!! But it was a start and I look forward to improving my skills along those lines.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Your DGD looks adorable in her dress! That dress was so beautiful! No wonder she wanted to wear it constantly. Sorry that your DGS didn't like his cape very much. Maybe he will warm up to it. I know how you feel though. I made one for my nephew and he wouldn't even put it on. My niece ended up taking it and making it her princess cape. I made the same capes for my cousins kids and they wouldn't take them off. You just never know with little kids!

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #2372
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family
And, finally, some pics of the things I made for Christmas gifts. I put the place where I got the files in case anyone is interested.

Capes, masks and armbands for my kids:
I'm a bit sad because they don't seem to like these and I spent a lot of time on them. I tossed their old, ratty capes which seems to have made these unpopular. Oops! The masks and armbands are in-the-hoop designs from Planet Applique. The Super font is also from there.

In-the-hoop play kitchen accessories for dd (digistitches)

T-shirts for my kids' cousin(frou frou):
Front

Back

An outfit for another cousin who's going to WDW in Feb. (Just Peachy)

In-the-hoop Zipper bags and keychains for the girls who watch our kids in the church nursery on choir practice night (Blastostitch and digistitches)

And shirts for good friends who are going to WDW and Sea World in April (Emb Library and frou frou)

Thanks for looking!
Regards,
C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2
Let me start by wishing everyone a belated, but sincere Happy New Year.

We just got back last night from our "Christmas" with our two DD and their families who live in Virginia. We had a wonderful time and it was so great to experience Christmas through the eyes of our Grandchildren!

Here is my DGD in her Rapunzel dress. I didn't get a great shot of her in it with my phone, but we have some on our camera and I haven't a clue how to post from there. She wasn't interested in wearing the hair, but her hair goes down her back, so she really didn't need it! I spent the next few days playing Flynn Ryder and we had to call her Rapunzel. She took it off to eat meals, but had to put it right back on again, so all the work was worth it! Here she is, in her "tower".

And here are shots of the super hero cape I made for my DGS. He wouldn't put it on, so there are no modeled shots. The MM stands for Miles Man, which we call him all the time. And on the reverse, I just put his favorite character who, at the moment happens to be spiderman.

I also made two zippered totes for two of my DGDs to hold their LeapFrog Tag and several books. They turned out pretty cute, but I didn't get a picture of them. It was my first time to quilt fabric as well as make a bag with a zipper closure. Let me just say...I'm no D~!!! But it was a start and I look forward to improving my skills along those lines.

I love all the capes. That's on my list to make for my boys. They have some that snap onto a shirt I made for the Twinsdays parade but they only work with 1 shirt. I'm sorry that both of you had cape recipients who were underwhelmed. I think my kids were too overly stimulated by Christmas to really appreciate anything. What fabric did you use? I've seen some on etsy that are satin but that seems impractical for toddlers to keep clean. I strongly believe that if its not machine washable it doesn't belong around kids.

My nephew loved his broncos bowling shirt. He wanted to wear it everyday he was here. Plus my brother was a little jealous because he said he wanted one too.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #2373
scrap_heaven
Planning our second family trip to the MOUSE!!!

1st Pictures of the Wizard of Oz

Patterns being used are Grace and Lauren, a combination of the 2

This is the first panel completed - 62 steps for the main for characters on a single needle, the emerald city is machine applique, and the grass and yellow brick road are done on the machine by hand. The yellow bricks on the road were each sewed on individually using the sewing machine (man my hand was aching when I finished)

Here is panel finished with the 4 man characters - The tin man is silver and metallic and so is the emerald city.

I have 2 more designed, Panel 2 is stitching right now. Needs to be completed by 3:30pm tomorrow cause that is when we are leaving.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #2374
Gooshy
Mouseketeer

Thanks Y'all! I cant wait for payday so I can head to Joanns for my fabric and get started on my tops. Ill be sure to post pics I can post of other things too, right? Id love to post the quilts I made for my kids for Christmas this year

momma ,pappa ,brother bear (8) ,sister bear(2) and cupcake
Gooshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #2375
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap_heaven View Post

This is the first panel completed - 62 steps for the main for characters on a single needle, the emerald city is machine applique, and the grass and yellow brick road are done on the machine by hand. The yellow bricks on the road were each sewed on individually using the sewing machine (man my hand was aching when I finished)

Here is panel finished with the 4 man characters - The tin man is silver and metallic and so is the emerald city.

I have 2 more designed, Panel 2 is stitching right now. Needs to be completed by 3:30pm tomorrow cause that is when we are leaving.
Love everything you've done so far. What a lot of work! It will look wonderful when you're finished, though and so worth it!:good vibes

I have to say for my DGS who didn't want to put the cape on, he is shy and doesn't like to be the center of attention and said he didn't want people to look at him and smile. He's 3.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #2376
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is stunning so far. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #2377
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap_heaven

Absolutely beautiful!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #2378
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Love all the new creations but just way TMTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Good Morning ladies. I know many of you don’t know me; however, some of you do. For those that don’t, my family is a Make a Wish family, we took our daughter’s trip to Disney in October, 2011. It took me 14 months to finish our Trip Report, because life kept getting in the way; however, the story is now complete and I wanted to share the link in case any of you wanted to read about this incredible trip that has helped us endure these last 14 months.

We had so many of you who stepped forward to bless our family with the Big Give and I want you to know that there is rarely a day in my house that at least one of us isn’t wearing one of your amazing creations you made us. We are a huge Disney loving family from the tall to the small and we proudly wear our outfits everywhere, not just at Disney. It brings us joy and happiness to see the love that was poured into these outfits. Some of you have actually become my IRL friends.

I have Thanked you all by letter, sent postcards and Christmas cards and Thanked you here...but I wanted to say one more time to those who blessed us...THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. I know many may wonder if the Big Give matters...it did to us. I wasn’t on the DIS boards to have a Big Give and was actually a bit shy to accept it, I didn’t want others to think that was why I was here. I said yes because of my children and to see the joy on their face when they received the packages was priceless. Many of you were part of that journey, so I had to say one last time: THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

I hope, if you are inclined, you will come see the handiwork of your fellow Disboutiquers. I LOVE to come here and see the beautiful creations, although lately I haven’t had time to (in addition to all of our own health issues, my Dad was diagnosed with Cancer in August and spent 35 days in the hospital, 32 in Intensive Care and it has fallen to me to ensure he gets where he and my Mom need to be). To those who are gracious when I do get to drool over your beautiful work, THANK YOU! It is my desire to one day own an embroidery machine and it is fun to see what you are all able to create.

As you see I can be a bit wordy, and my TR is as well. Here is the Table of Contents so you can just read the actual journey if you so desire...and it is worth reading. Lisa’s wish was “To be FAMOUS at Disney” and she was in a HUGE way! It WAS the trip of a lifetime and many of you are part of that story.
You know we all love your family and I couldn't wait to sign up for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberGreenawalt View Post
YAY! Hi! I finally found the newest thread Sewing up a storm over here for our upcoming trip to Disney for our daughter Savannah's Wish on february 22nd. Love me some Disboutiquers!!! Just happy to have found the thread and able to follow along again.
Is Marianne going with you too?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #2379
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome to the fun and addiction! I'm another one who makes customs for myself. Go for it! We'll be celebrating our 10 year at WDW sans kiddos in 2014, so I'll be planning at least a few fun things for myself and dh!

Regards,
C.
Congrats on your upcoming 10th anniversary trip (even though it is still quite a ways from now). We were joking at that at least people don't think we were newlyweds anymore during our 10th anniversary trip (we were mistaken as newlyweds a number of times during our previous trips). I guess it must be the Pixie Dust that made us look like young newlyweds!

Quote:
And, finally, some pics of the things I made for Christmas gifts. I put the place where I got the files in case anyone is interested.

Capes, masks and armbands for my kids:
I'm a bit sad because they don't seem to like these and I spent a lot of time on them. I tossed their old, ratty capes which seems to have made these unpopular. Oops! The masks and armbands are in-the-hoop designs from Planet Applique. The Super font is also from there.

In-the-hoop play kitchen accessories for dd (digistitches)

T-shirts for my kids' cousin(frou frou):
Front

Back

An outfit for another cousin who's going to WDW in Feb. (Just Peachy)

In-the-hoop Zipper bags and keychains for the girls who watch our kids in the church nursery on choir practice night (Blastostitch and digistitches)

And shirts for good friends who are going to WDW and Sea World in April (Emb Library and frou frou)

Thanks for looking!
Regards,
C.
Wow you have been busy! Too bad the capes didn't go over well. Kids just have their own ideas sometimes! I am sure the recipients of your handiwork appreciated the gifts!

Quote:
Let me start by wishing everyone a belated, but sincere Happy New Year.

We just got back last night from our "Christmas" with our two DD and their families who live in Virginia. We had a wonderful time and it was so great to experience Christmas through the eyes of our Grandchildren!

Happy New Year to you as well. Thanks for sharing the picture of your granddaugther. She looks absolutely beautiful! I hope your grandson will warm up to the cape and wear it the next time you see him.

Quote:
Thanks I am glad to hear that my girls will eventually like my sewing again. I am not sure I could make bridesmaid dresses but I know I will enjoy making them other things when they decide they want me to sew for them again.
I would say that I never really went through a stage when I didn't want to wear/use my mom's creations (I remember a lunch bag she crocheted for me when I was in middle school fondly). However, the funny thing is that I am now sewing for her! She will see these patterns and ask me, can you do one in my size? I made her a Rebecca dress (SisBoom pattern) a few months ago but she hadn't made any requests lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I love all the capes. That's on my list to make for my boys. They have some that snap onto a shirt I made for the Twinsdays parade but they only work with 1 shirt. I'm sorry that both of you had cape recipients who were underwhelmed. I think my kids were too overly stimulated by Christmas to really appreciate anything. What fabric did you use? I've seen some on etsy that are satin but that seems impractical for toddlers to keep clean. I strongly believe that if its not machine washable it doesn't belong around kids.

My nephew loved his broncos bowling shirt. He wanted to wear it everyday he was here. Plus my brother was a little jealous because he said he wanted one too.
I go with the theory that if it is not machine washable, it doesn't belong anywhere near ME!

I am glad that your nephew loved his bowling shirt.

Quote:

This is beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Quote:
Thanks Y'all! I cant wait for payday so I can head to Joanns for my fabric and get started on my tops. Ill be sure to post pics I can post of other things too, right? Id love to post the quilts I made for my kids for Christmas this year
We LOVE pictures of everything here, from Disney outfits to non-Disney gifts (which reminds me that I should post a picture of the casserole carrier I made for my sister-in-law). Remember, rule #1 is that you can't apologize for a messy background or kids with unruly looking hair.

Unfortunately it appears that someone in my office was in a very giving spirit and gave me their germs. I hope it is not the nasty flu that has been running around and I will recover very quickly. I need to travel out of town for a meeting on Thursday so I would hate to be sick and flying!

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #2380
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post

Unfortunately it appears that someone in my office was in a very giving spirit and gave me their germs. I hope it is not the nasty flu that has been running around and I will recover very quickly. I need to travel out of town for a meeting on Thursday so I would hate to be sick and flying!
Hope you feel better.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #2381
ivey_family
Mouseketeer

Silly ipad is not liking multi-quote today, so I hope I don't miss anything!

Lois - love the pic of your dgd in her dress! Hopefully your dgs will enjoy the cape out of the 'limelight'!

Scrap_heaven - the Wizard of Oz dress is looking amazing so far! Can't wait to see the finished work!

Flora - hope you feel better quickly! And thanks for the early anniversary wishes! We were considering a Disney cruise, but after sending for the video, we realized we'd much rather go to the parks. Hoping maybe to stay at Wilderness Lodge or the Poly!

Digistitches did a comparison of HeatNBond lite and other similar products that I thought you all might find valueable. Here's the link: http://www.digistitches.com/machine-...-tutorial.html I can't wait to try out the winner since I've never found HBNL to work all that well.

Regards,
C.

Facebook: KiddleyDiveySewing

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/29-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #2382
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I guess I just jump right in? Im going to make some tops for mine and DHs trip in June. I got my pattern from youcanmakethis . com. Im going to do it in solid and Star Wars Greenprint. This is the top http://www.youcanmakethis.com/produc...-for-women.htm (image 5of7)

Silly of an adult to make clothes just for WDW? Thinking of making several. Were traveling with carry-on only. So smaller is better
I spent Sunday night on the computer looking for free patterns or ideas to make my oldest niece some more grown up looking dresses. I found one similar to this. I hope I remembered to bookmark the one I found for free!

I don't like buying patterns! I'd rather make my own.

Yes! I remembered, here's the one I found http://sewcraftcreate.com/2010/08/ma...sday-giveaway/ Just leave off the ruffles for adults or older girls.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013

Last edited by squirrel; 01-09-2013 at 01:52 AM.
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #2383
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:

Thanks Judy! I was glad that it raised a nice amount of money for the kids' school. Sometimes you just don't know how things will work out when you donate something. Some people don't appreciate custom made clothing. It turned out that woman who bought it wanted it so much because her last name is Tinsman and she loved the Tin Man on it.
I definitely would have wanted to spend a lot of money on it, it is os pretty and whimsical! I guess because I can't sew I truly see the value and really appreciate custom clothes. I have told Michelle and Andrea both, if I had an embroidery machine I think I would embroider the world....or at least every plain piece of material I saw.

I TWOO! One year David was the Tin Man and Christian the Scarecrow for Halloween. One year Rachel was the Wicked Witch and Lisa was Dorothy another year...we love Wicked, the Musical, Not sure how I feel about this new movie...

Quote:

I am so excited to see the finished outfit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Love all the new creations but just way TMTQ
You know we all love your family and I couldn't wait to sign up for something.
You are very kind Michelle, I love you too! And you KNOW how I feel about the Haunted Mansion...and our shirts!
Quote:
I would say that I never really went through a stage when I didn't want to wear/use my mom's creations (I remember a lunch bag she crocheted for me when I was in middle school fondly). However, the funny thing is that I am now sewing for her! She will see these patterns and ask me, can you do one in my size? I made her a Rebecca dress (SisBoom pattern) a few months ago but she hadn't made any requests lately.

I LOVE that you sew for your Mom! That is so sweet.

I go with the theory that if it is not machine washable, it doesn't belong anywhere near ME!
Good Theory!

Praying you feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Yes! I remembered, here's the one I found http://sewcraftcreate.com/2010/08/ma...sday-giveaway/ Just leave off the ruffles for adults or older girls.
That is SO pretty and cool looking for a hot day!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #2384
scrapbooksellman
Mouseketeer

newbie needs bernina help

I am new to this world of embroidery machines. I inherited my cousin's bernina 440qe. It would be so exciting if she didn't have to die for this to happen.
I have the machine, embroidery software on a laptop, module, hoops and many different feet and the BSR attachment. I really want to get started. But the machine won't turn on. I called a dealer and they said it may need a new circut board. Has this happend to anyone??

I know of no problems with the machine before her death and of course can't ask.

Also, can you get disney designs for the machine??
Thanks for any information.
scrapbooksellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #2385
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I've seen some on etsy that are satin but that seems impractical for toddlers to keep clean. I strongly believe that if its not machine washable it doesn't belong around kids.
Definitely agree that things for kids need to be machine washable! I remember when grandma gave me silk dresses for my toddlers. It probably cost more to have those dresses dry cleaned than it cost to purchase them!!!

Quote:

I can't wait to see the finished dress. You are sure to get a ton of compliments on it! That first panel is just beautiful!!!

Quote:
Definitely post pictures! WE LOVE PICTURES!!!! It does not have to be Disney for us to oooh and aaaah over something you've made.

Quote:

When I was very young my mom made me lots of pretty dresses and outfits. I can remember how happy I was to wear them. But when I was about 10 she went back to work full time and stopped sewing all together. It is nice that you loved the things your mom made for you and it is really nice that you sew for her now.

Sorry that somebody at work was generous with their germs. I hope you start feeling better very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbooksellman View Post
I am new to this world of embroidery machines. I inherited my cousin's bernina 440qe. It would be so exciting if she didn't have to die for this to happen.
I have the machine, embroidery software on a laptop, module, hoops and many different feet and the BSR attachment. I really want to get started. But the machine won't turn on. I called a dealer and they said it may need a new circut board. Has this happend to anyone??

Also, can you get disney designs for the machine??
Thanks for any information.
Are you sure that you have the right power cord and that there is power at the outlet you are using? My dd almost made me send back her Kindle because it wouldn't charge. Then we found out that the outlet she was using to charge it had a switch that needed to be turned on. LOL!

If the machine needs a new circuit board, I would check into the value of the machine and compare that with the cost of the repair. With some machines, the repair can be more expensive than replacement. However, Bernina is a very good brand and is extremely well made. I have a Bernina serger which is an absolute workhorse and I love it!

Yes, you can get Disney designs on the internet and download them to your computer. Then you can transfer them to your machine. I think that Bernina's take two formats of designs. I think they take PES designs and another format but I don't remember the name of the second one.

So I bought this pattern a couple of days ago from a new pattern store. http://lilygiggle.com/shop/the-jaden-t-shorts/ It looks like a ton of fun. Today I went to the Salvation Army for their half price clothing sale day. I picked up 4 t-shirts for $1 each. I am hoping to turn them into some adorable shorts. I think it is going to take some creative cutting though.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: