Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #2251
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiandi View Post
So I finally started my embroidery again:

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas filled with family, love, and pixie dust!
Looks so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post

My MIL and FIL came up from Florida to help me with my DH and kids because the last couple of weeks have been overwhelming. So my SIL decided that since she couldn't stay with me, they'd stay at a hotel near my house. They stayed there over the weekend. I ended up still cooking and cleaning for 10 people instead of for 4. Frankly, it was the last thing that I needed. I ended up sending my in-laws home with my SIL today. They'll only be gone for the day but at least I will have one day of quiet. It was good for my husband though. He is feeling much better and seeing his whole family really raised his spirits so I can't complain too much.

The pjs turned out great. How nice that you were able to do a couple of things for your nephew with his name on it. I hope that he loves them!

Enabler Alert

Just Peachy Applique is having a huge surprise sale. If you buy $100 worth of designs, you get 90% off. Her designs are usually $4 each, so that makes them 40 cents each. When you check out, put in surprise90 as the code. I think she is only having the sale today but it might be for tomorrow too. I got a bunch of cute designs. Here is a link:
http://justpeachyapplique.3dcartstores.com/
Thanks for the link, I did load up on more designs I probably don't need. But hey, $10! My nephew LOVED the PJs, all 3 boys did. And he was so excited that they had his name on them.
Sorry your in laws created so much extra stress. Families are fun aren't they? My mom wanted me to have a video stream of all the kids opening their Christmas presents this a.m. since they are her grandkids and she didn't come visit. So in addition to all the chaos of 2 total non-readers and one knows-his-letters kindergartener trying to open just about anything since they had no idea what was what, I was supposed to be live streaming our Christmas morning on the internet. Um, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
Have fun with your family and Merry Christmas ! The Pj's are adorable and I totally understand about the never having anything with his name on it. i have 3 that are like that.

Edited to add -- I am going to have a new niece this Spring !!! My sister opened thier envelope early that had the gender inside and she is having a girl !! Another little girl to sew for !! Yay !! I can't celebrate on Facebook cuz she hasn't told everyone yet but nobody will tell on here !! :woohoo :
Congrats on the new niece, how exciting for you to have a little girl to sew for! I do love the stuff I have made my boys but there are WAY more options for girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
I am glad that you got your projects done in time. The PJ's look great. I have a normal spelling for my name and I have a hard time finding things with my name on it! I am sure it is even worse for kids with unique spelling of their names. I hope you will have a great time with your family.
Thanks, we had a lovely day and I hope you did too.

Here are my boys and my nephew this morning. They loved their PJs, and I am glad I put their names on them. My nephew was thrilled to have something with his name on it, and the funniest moment of the morning was when he was supposed to be handing out gifts and looked at one of my sons and said, "Which one are you, let me see your shirt!" so I guess that helped.

All three of the PJs are a little big, they all have them rolled up about 2 inches, and one the elastic is way too loose and he has been hitching up his pants all day. But no one would change out of them today, so I was thrilled they were so happy with them. My nephew also loved the Hulk hoodie and his Broncos shirt, which he said he wants to wear when he gets dressed in clothes again.

Hope everyone had a great day and all those embroidery machines under the trees start getting some use soon. Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #2252
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

Long time lurker, occasional poster with a question:

I am planning an upcoming trip and while at JoAnns looking for a picture frame went to the character fabric and found some neat new Mickey fabric. I picked up 1 1/4 yards of each (three different patterns), but they don't coordinate.

My dds are now 10 and 13, and I can make my younger dd a twirl skirt from Carla C, my older dd is kind of "over them". Any suggestions of what I can make for her? She is on the smaller size - wears a size 12-14.

Thanks!
bear_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #2253
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_mom

I am planning an upcoming trip and while at JoAnns looking for a picture frame went to the character fabric and found some neat new Mickey fabric. I picked up 1 1/4 yards of each (three different patterns), but they don't coordinate.

My dds are now 10 and 13, and I can make my younger dd a twirl skirt from Carla C, my older dd is kind of "over them". Any suggestions of what I can make for her? She is on the smaller size - wears a size 12-14.

Thanks!
I haven't made this but I've seen it posted here before for tween age girls. Its a ruffled halter top which I thought was cute for the older kids.
http://oliverands.com/blog/2010/06/r...e-pattern.html

Old 12-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #2254
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
!
Thanks for the link, I did load up on more designs I probably don't need. But hey, $10!

My mom wanted me to have a video stream of all the kids opening their Christmas presents this a.m. since they are her grandkids and she didn't come visit. So in addition to all the chaos of 2 total non-readers and one knows-his-letters kindergartener trying to open just about anything since they had no idea what was what, I was supposed to be live streaming our Christmas morning on the internet. Um, yeah.

Here are my boys and my nephew this morning. They loved their PJs, and I am glad I put their names on them. My nephew also loved the Hulk hoodie and his Broncos shirt, which he said he wants to wear when he gets dressed in clothes again.

Glad you were able to get some good designs. She had some cute things that I haven't seen other places. At 90% off, it was definitely worth it. I hope that the live streaming didn't make things too complicated for your family. The picture of the boys in the pjs is just adorable. It is so nice that they all loved the pjs and that your nephew loved the other things that you sewed for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_mom View Post

Thanks!
My girls who are 12 and 13 will wear Mickey head tie dye shirts and they will sleep in Disney pajama pants but they won't wear any skirts or dresses to the parks. They do LOVE tote bags or messenger bags made with Disney fabric. They will also wear appliqued t-shirts that I made for them but only at Disney. Otherwise the t-shirts sit in their drawers. That age is hard because they are so picky about their clothes and they want to look just like all their peers.

Quote:
I have a normal spelling for my name and I have a hard time finding things with my name on it! I am sure it is even worse for kids with unique spelling of their names. I hope you will have a great time with your family.

I hope everyone will have a great day with your families. My pies are baking in the oven right now, and the bread is rising. My casserole carrier will get used later today when I take the baked goodies to my in-law's. It will be a great day I am sure! Merry Christmas to those who celebrate Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you will have a nice and relaxing day.
Your name is quite unusual. My younger dd also has the same problem. We can never find anything for her with her name already on it. We either have to order it or I have to embroider it. She is lucky because I have been able to add her name to things for years. I've even been able to embroider her school backpacks in the past.

I'm glad that you were able to use your beautiful casserole carrier again. It is a smart way to carry your pies from place to place. I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Did you husband like his presents?

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #2255
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! My house is very full right now which is nice but at the same time I can't wait to get my quiet house back. My parents are here and my brother, his wife, and his two kids and step daughter are also here plus my kids. Yesterday we all went to my brothers for the day. My step neice has never seen A Christmas Story before so we made sure to watch that after dinner. My brother made mention that if a certain person (me) would make him a bunny outfit like in the movie he would wear it for Halloween so apparently that will be my challenge for the year. He is 6'8" so it will definately be a challenge. I hope everyone has a great week, I won't be on much over the next few days with everyone still in town and working a full week.

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #2256
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Here is the hoodie I made for my 14 year old nephew. He loves it and wore it all day yesterday and again today. You can also see my DS wearing his Ninjago hoodie I embroidered. He loves it too and wants to wear it all the time so I am happy

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #2257
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMickey View Post
Here is the hoodie I made for my 14 year old nephew. He loves it and wore it all day yesterday and again today. You can also see my DS wearing his Ninjago hoodie I embroidered. He loves it too and wants to wear it all the time so I am happy

Glad he liked the Hoodie. Mine went over really well too. I convinced my two and my nephew to all wear their Incredible Hulk Hoodies Ice skating today. They looked very cute together. My little guys LOVE looking like their big cousin.

And yes, this is about the best I was able to get all 3 looking in one direction.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #2258
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So glad that they love the hoodies!

Quote:
Glad he liked the Hoodie. Mine went over really well too. I convinced my two and my nephew to all wear their Incredible Hulk Hoodies Ice skating today. They looked very cute together. My little guys LOVE looking like their big cousin.

And yes, this is about the best I was able to get all 3 looking in one direction.
Adorable!

Sale at Justpeachy is extended

I read that the sale will continue through tomorrow so if you missed the 90% off sale, it isn't too late. Just use the code surprise90 at check out. You do have purchase at least $100 worth of designs but still at 90% off, that's only $10.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #2259
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry your in laws created so much extra stress. Families are fun aren't they? My mom wanted me to have a video stream of all the kids opening their Christmas presents this a.m. since they are her grandkids and she didn't come visit. So in addition to all the chaos of 2 total non-readers and one knows-his-letters kindergartener trying to open just about anything since they had no idea what was what, I was supposed to be live streaming our Christmas morning on the internet. Um, yeah.

Thanks, we had a lovely day and I hope you did too.

Here are my boys and my nephew this morning. They loved their PJs, and I am glad I put their names on them. My nephew was thrilled to have something with his name on it, and the funniest moment of the morning was when he was supposed to be handing out gifts and looked at one of my sons and said, "Which one are you, let me see your shirt!" so I guess that helped.

All three of the PJs are a little big, they all have them rolled up about 2 inches, and one the elastic is way too loose and he has been hitching up his pants all day. But no one would change out of them today, so I was thrilled they were so happy with them. My nephew also loved the Hulk hoodie and his Broncos shirt, which he said he wants to wear when he gets dressed in clothes again.

Hope everyone had a great day and all those embroidery machines under the trees start getting some use soon. Can't wait to see what you all come up with.
I am glad that you had a great day even though it was chaotic trying to stream the video. I am glad the boys liked their PJ's and the other clothes you made for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_mom View Post

Thanks!
Welcome! I would suggest embroidered T-shirt (seems to me that "Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse" design is popular with teens). I don't know if an A-line skirt with perhaps just character fabric trim will be acceptable from her perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Your name is quite unusual. My younger dd also has the same problem. We can never find anything for her with her name already on it. We either have to order it or I have to embroider it. She is lucky because I have been able to add her name to things for years. I've even been able to embroider her school backpacks in the past.

I'm glad that you were able to use your beautiful casserole carrier again. It is a smart way to carry your pies from place to place. I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Did you husband like his presents?
Your daugther is lucky that she had customized items. I am sure that she appreciated the trouble you went through to get those for her. Speaking of the casserole carrier, my brother-in-law's wife saw that carrier and she wanted one. Her birthday is coming up so I will make one for her. She doesn't really cook or bake so I don't know how much she will use it, but it makes an easy gift from my perspective! Yes my DH loved the present I got him (Lego). He is actually building the set right now.

Quote:
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! My house is very full right now which is nice but at the same time I can't wait to get my quiet house back. My parents are here and my brother, his wife, and his two kids and step daughter are also here plus my kids. Yesterday we all went to my brothers for the day. My step neice has never seen A Christmas Story before so we made sure to watch that after dinner. My brother made mention that if a certain person (me) would make him a bunny outfit like in the movie he would wear it for Halloween so apparently that will be my challenge for the year. He is 6'8" so it will definately be a challenge. I hope everyone has a great week, I won't be on much over the next few days with everyone still in town and working a full week.

I am glad the hoodies went over well! It sounds like you had a busy time but I hope you will get a chance to relax this weekend.

Quote:

What a cute picture of them with matching hoodies! I am glad that they liked the clothes so much. I hope skating was fun!

We had a lovely time with family yesterday. We were over at my in-law's and we watched Brave together. We all enjoyed the movie. I got lots of wonderful gifts, including some Disney fabric. We went shopping today as the stores here have Boxing Day sales. It's our version of Black Friday. The mall was busy but it was manageable. Some stores had quite a line though. We got good deals at Williams-Sonoma (my favourite store), the Lego Store (DH's favourite store), and a couple of other places. Maybe I will go to Fabricland tomorrow to see if they have any sales, though I really shouldn't be buying more fabric!

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #2260
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

Enabler Alert:

Lots of new Disney prints at JoAnne Fabrics!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #2261
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
Enabler Alert:

I went in tonight t check them out since I was in the area. I got a whole 10 minutes in the store before they kicked me out so they could close due to weather but I got to look at them.

I was kind of disappointed because although the prints on cotton were really cute, they also had a white background and were thinner than ever. Completely see through, even the printed parts were see through. Wasn't very good quality stuff. The flannel was slightly better though.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #2262
scrap_heaven
Planning our second family trip to the MOUSE!!!

Just starting to plan our 2013 trip to Disney, in October or November. We are trying to decide when free dining will be.

But most important is what are we going to wear!!

I also thought I would show off the kids Incredible Halloween costumes, because we are in Canada it can be really really cold for Halloween so I made their costumes out of fleece. I had a pattern sort of that I followed, but really I ended up altering it so much to make it a snugger jumpsuit looking outfit that it is a 1 of a kind, well 2 of a kind I guess.

They both love their costumes, and felt really great in them. Our 2 year old kept saying "I inKEDible, I Dash"

Violet

Dash
Old 12-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #2263
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap_heaven View Post
Just starting to plan our 2013 trip to Disney, in October or November. We are trying to decide when free dining will be.

I also thought I would show off the kids Incredible Halloween costumes, because we are in Canada it can be really really cold for Halloween so I made their costumes out of fleece. I had a pattern sort of that I followed, but really I ended up altering it so much to make it a snugger jumpsuit looking outfit that it is a 1 of a kind, well 2 of a kind I guess.

They both love their costumes, and felt really great in them. Our 2 year old kept saying "I inKEDible, I Dash"

YAY for the trip !! I love the costumes and making them out of fleece was great thinking. We have cold Halloweens too but we make sure the costume is big enough to fit a snow suit under it... haha. If you go to WDW in October, make sure you bringer lighter weight costumes. it can get really hot still then.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #2264
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap_heaven

Violet

Dash
I love these costumes!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #2265
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Speaking of the casserole carrier, my brother-in-law's wife saw that carrier and she wanted one. Her birthday is coming up so I will make one for her. She doesn't really cook or bake so I don't know how much she will use it, but it makes an easy gift from my perspective! Yes my DH loved the present I got him (Lego). He is actually building the set right now.

Maybe I will go to Fabricland tomorrow to see if they have any sales, though I really shouldn't be buying more fabric!
It sounds like you had a lovely holiday. It is nice that your SIL admired the casserole carrier and wanted one for herself. Even people that don't cook much have to bring stuff when they go to a potluck type party.

Did you go to Fabricland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
Enabler Alert:

ACCCKKKKK! Don't tell me that! I am trying to sew from my stash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
I was kind of disappointed because although the prints on cotton were really cute, they also had a white background and were thinner than ever. Completely see through, even the printed parts were see through. Wasn't very good quality stuff. The flannel was slightly better though.
Sounds like it would be better fabric for ruffles and so forth instead of the basis for the garment. That's probably better anyhow since the Disney stuff is pricier too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap_heaven View Post

I also thought I would show off the kids Incredible Halloween costumes,

What great costumes! You did an awesome job on them. They must have been a huge hit at all the houses where they trick or treated.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: