Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #2236
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post
Mostly selfishly posting. I'm supposed to be packing so we can head out (already had to delay once because I wasn't finished with those darn dresses. The applique took me WAY longer than I anticipated....can I just say that all you who own embroidery machines should hug them tight tonight and thank them for existing!)

First the Rapunzel inspired Simply Sweet.

And then the New Year's Eve dresses. These Grace Ruffle dresses were inspired by one of the dresses that appeared in one of the Main Street Boutiques auctions created by HeavenLeighBlessings Boutique. I made it "my own" but feel that it has such a similar theme/set up that I wanted to give him/her credit (mine PALES in comparison). I do not sell and these dresses were created at cost for my friend's trip, so I truly hope I don't step on any toes for making them.

Front/back

Close up of applique:

Lighting a little better in this one and shows off the colors a little more:

Hope everyone has a great few days. I'll be on the road and unable to keep up for a few days. Hope you all don't sew up a storm while I'm gone!

Sunshine
Love the fireworks and castle! Can't beleive you did all that by hand. Everything looks great, love all the ruffles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
Thanks! My brother is a super fan, so much so when I said we would be baking and decorating cookies for Santa on sunday he said he would have to fake a trip out to go christmas shopping and go find a local bar to watch the Bronco game. I have a feeling my brother might be jealous that my nephew gets such a cool shirt.

I made these naughty and nice shirts for them and I think I should have made them both say naughty!

Oh, and for the record, this is what I got when I sat them down to take these photos, couldn't have art directed a more perfect "naughty" shot...

I can understand the superfan. I grew up going to the games so I am a diehard. I can, however, go without watching a game if need be as long as I don't miss too many games during the season.

I couldn't help but laugh at that last picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post

Congrats on your new job. I hope your first day went smoothly. I hope you will get some time off to spend with your family.
Thanks, my first day wasn't too bad except I am training on swing shift which is 2 to midnight. I haven't stayed up past midnight in a long time. But overall it was good and I think I will be happy there. I lucked out by having Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off for training so I will get Christmas Eve and Christmas off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban26ana View Post

I made 2 twirl skirts for Chef Mickey's. Holy heck, these took forever.

Skirts for HDDR. I'm not thrilled with how long these are. I had grand plans, but they just didn't turn out how I envisioned. And I don't have enough time to change them, so this is how they stay.

And not sewing, but my pressed penny tubes and autograph books.

Great Job, I know patchwork skirts take a long time to make but they look always look so neat!! I love that autograph book, what a great idea! Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post

That's so cute! I love the face on the back of the hoodie.
Thank you! Sorry to hear the trip was canceled, hopefully they can reschedule so the girls still have a chance to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post

Great job. My boys love Ninjago
Thank you! DS loves Ninjago too so I hope he like it and will actually wear it.

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #2237
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am falling behind on my sewing. I still need to make 6 Easyfit pjs for dolls (4 for AG dolls & 2 for Duffy) but all my kids have been home sick since Wednesday with some nasty cold and tomorrow my friends and I are having our annual fudge party. I can't believe we have been doing this for 15years
Sorry your kids have been sick. My older one had it last week. I hope that you are able to get your sewing finished and that you have a great time at your fudge party. It sounds like a delicious type of party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMickey View Post
Thanks, my first day wasn't too bad except I am training on swing shift which is 2 to midnight. I haven't stayed up past midnight in a long time. But overall it was good and I think I will be happy there. I lucked out by having Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off for training so I will get Christmas Eve and Christmas off!!

Thank you! Sorry to hear the trip was canceled, hopefully they can reschedule so the girls still have a chance to go.
I'm glad that your first day went well and it is great that you get Christmas Eve and Christmas off.

My SIL has made no mention whatsoever about rescheduling the trip. It was supposed to be my daughters' gift for their bat mitzvah which is coming up this spring.

Since they didn't all go to Disney, my SIL announced the other night that they would just come and stay at my house this weekend because she is off of work. I had to put my foot down and say no. My husband's recovery from surgery has been very difficult and included 4 dr visits and a trip to the ER in the last week. I am exhausted. Who just invites themselves to stay at somebody else's house? She is a great SIL and I love her a ton but this is just the wrong time! Thanks for letting me vent. I can't do it on FB because she is my friend on there.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #2238
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban26ana View Post
So there's nothing like a healthy dose of procrastination. We leave tomorrow, and I just finished my sewing projects yesterday.

I made 2 twirl skirts for Chef Mickey's. Holy heck, these took forever.

Skirts for HDDR. I'm not thrilled with how long these are. I had grand plans, but they just didn't turn out how I envisioned. And I don't have enough time to change them, so this is how they stay.

And not sewing, but my pressed penny tubes and autograph books.

The skirts look great. I guess I am in the minority here as I actually enjoy making patchwork twirls (only straight lines!) I cheat and use a ruffler foot though. I hope your family will have a great time!

Quote:
I am falling behind on my sewing. I still need to make 6 Easyfit pjs for dolls (4 for AG dolls & 2 for Duffy) but all my kids have been home sick since Wednesday with some nasty cold and tomorrow my friends and I are having our annual fudge party. I can't believe we have been doing this for 15years
I am sorry to hear that your kids have been sick. Hopefully they will recover in time for Christmas. Your fudge party sounds fun. It's wonderful that you and your friends kept it going for so long.

Quote:
Thanks, my first day wasn't too bad except I am training on swing shift which is 2 to midnight. I haven't stayed up past midnight in a long time. But overall it was good and I think I will be happy there. I lucked out by having Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off for training so I will get Christmas Eve and Christmas off!
Glad to hear that your first day went well and the job will be satisfying for you. I haven't stayed up past midnight in a long time either! (Even on New Years Eve, we just stay up and watch the ball drop and go to bed, which is really 10pm here!) It's nice that you manage to get Christmas Eve and Christmas off.

Quote:
Since they didn't all go to Disney, my SIL announced the other night that they would just come and stay at my house this weekend because she is off of work. I had to put my foot down and say no. My husband's recovery from surgery has been very difficult and included 4 dr visits and a trip to the ER in the last week. I am exhausted. Who just invites themselves to stay at somebody else's house? She is a great SIL and I love her a ton but this is just the wrong time! Thanks for letting me vent. I can't do it on FB because she is my friend on there.
I am sorry to hear that your husband's recovery has been rought. I imagine you SIL didn't realize how stressful it has been for you lately. I hope she will understand and give your family some time and space to recover.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:40 AM   #2239
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Will catch up soon.... but has anyone used the mermaid with the shell design from bows and clothes? If so, were there a lot of steps? How did it turn out?
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #2240
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

So, I have something to play with over Christmas break and into the new year......

My Aunt loaned me her embroidery machine that she hasn't used for at least 4 years. It is a Brother PC8500.

Just looked it over and went to try it out and realized that a few things are not there. There are no feet with it except a regular sewing foot and not quilting foot for sure. There is not even the plug so i can turn it on so i can't even check it out to see what is built in or on the card. No way to attach it to the computer or to put files on the card and only one card when she said she had two. But it does come with a 5x11 hoop. I've never heard you ladies talk about that size, I don't think, but it's there. So, I guess I'll be waiting to try it out.

I'm sure my machine plug can work but without the right foot, It's not doing anything.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #2241
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

There was WTMTQ, but I did anyway! I'm still working on the Rapunzel dress for my DGD. Well, I haven't been able to do any sewing for several days due to family coming in. We aren't doing Christmas with any of the grandchildren until January 5th, so I have a little grace period. Hope everyone who celebrates it has a very Merry Christmas and to everyone have a blessed New Year! Thanks for letting me be a part of this awesome thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
A quick hello! Here are a couple of pics from dd's birthday sleepover. For those who don't know we had a puppy themed party.
And stupid me forgot to take pics of the shirts prior to handing them out!!!!! It's been a hectic week week with Xmas plays and programs and dd's party. But I do have this pic with the shirts modeled:
Love that cake and the shirts turned out really cute! You are so talented.

So sorry to hear about the hot water heater. It is so hard to be stretched for such a long time. Some day, hopefully soon, you'll be back on track with your RI house sold and a lot more breathing room. Most of us can relate. Hang in there!

Quote:
You can definitely use PED Basic to download designs onto a card that would work in your sewing machine. If your machine has had light use and still works great, this would save you a ton of money over upgrading to a newer machine. Plus, I think your machine actually has more features than the PE770. Here is a link to what you need to buy:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/2171274?ad...em+Description

Like I said, I used my PED Basic for years with my old machine. It works just great to download designs and transfer them to your machine.

Completely understand how you feel about living on a tight budget. It is so hard. We were doing ok but with DH being self employed, all the medical stuff has really taken a huge toll on our income over the last couple of months. If he doesn't work there is no income. He is still recovering from his surgery but I am praying he can start working again this week.

In other news, my SIL hurt her back on Friday. She isn't sure how it happened but that means she has canceled their trip to Disney World. She is already feeling much better but the dr told her that the long car ride might make her feel worse again. My poor kids! They have been through so much in the past couple of months but at least they had this trip to look forward to. Now they don't have that either.
Thank you so much for the advise on the PED basic. I will definitely look into it after the holidays. I'm excited about the prospect of getting into embroidery in a bigger way.

Hope your DH is recovering nicely from his surgery and was able to get back to work this week. I'm so sorry about the cancelled trip. They cancelled pretty quickly, IMO. I hope they reschedule soon so your kids can begin to look forward to it again. What a huge disappointment for them!

Quote:
So this is what I finished last week before DH's surgery. I think that the dress turned out kind of big. I will probably end up having to do some alterations on it.

I have one more thing that is halfway finished but I haven't had any time to sew in the last week. I'm hoping to get into my sewing room tomorrow afternoon. It has been too long!
Beautiful work! Truly beautiful!

Quote:
I hope your parents are feeling better now. I am sure they appreciated your help while they were down with the flu.

Another option you may look into for getting designs onto your machine is the Amazing Box (which is what I use). It was the same price as the PED-Basic when I got it. I chose it over the PED-Basic because it supported multiple card formats (in case I decide to go with a different brand machine in the future). When I got mine, I had to specify which card I wanted to come with the box. That set up has worked pretty well for me as my 270D only takes the Brother cards.

The ruffle skirts look very pretty. I can't remember if I saw them before!

Your 12 days of Christmas idea sounds fab! Maybe I will have to try that next year.
My parents are doing quite well now, thanks. And thanks, too, for the Amazing Box option. I've never heard of it, but will for sure look into it before I decide what to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post

It's a McCall's pattern # 5431. I had to up-size it just a bit because it seems to run a bit small in this skirt and I wanted it to fit me right. I was thinking the whole outfit for Christmas but I think I'll stick with just heels and not the boots. I think the skirt is too long for the boots, it cuts off my legs and makes them look shorter than they already are.
Love your skirt! You did a really nice job on it. You're becoming quite the seamstress! I like it with the boots, but heels would look nice too. I would wear whatever is most comfortable, but then, no one has ever acused me of being a fashion diva!

Quote:
We just wrapped up our twin christmas party, all the families LOVED the aprons I made, and the kids had a great time decorating christmas trees w/ frosting and candies.
Now I am off to vacuum up about 27 lbs of colored sugar and chex mix from my carpet.
Too much cuteness!! Your little one looks adorable as always. What a great mom to give them a party they'll always remember. You'll definitely be known as the "cool" mom among their friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I'm actually going to post something I made!
Here they are:
Simply Sweet Dress - 7 appliquees and 3 layers of ruffles (holy moly that was a lot of ruffles!) Super full, I altered the pattern so the pannels were 5 and 10 inches and the width of the skirt was 90 inches.
Front

V's minnie joy shirt to match with her christmas mickey and minnie patchwork twirl skirt that I forgot to take a picture of.

Last thing I did.
V's sleeping beauty shirt to match with her princess twirl skirt that I forgot to get a picture of.
Wow! You've been one busy lady. Once you got the bugs worked out, you rocked it out!! Everything is darling. You did a great job. So glad you're enjoying your new machine!

Quote:

And the back is embroidered on the hood so when he has his hood up he will look like a ninja from behind
Oh, I love these! So cute! Very nice job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbell13 View Post
I so hear you about just sewing for people that will truly value the item. I have made so many things for my nieces over the past year and I just found out that they wore/used them once or twice and then my SIL threw them out! I only found out because my youngest niece asked if I could remake one of the items for her.
This just blew me away! Even if you don't sew, you would have to know that a lot of work went into something like those gifts as well as a lot of love. I'm so sorry your SIL didn't value your gifts. Sounds like your little niece sure did, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post
Mostly selfishly posting. I'm supposed to be packing so we can head out (already had to delay once because I wasn't finished with those darn dresses. The applique took me WAY longer than I anticipated....can I just say that all you who own embroidery machines should hug them tight tonight and thank them for existing!)

First the Rapunzel inspired Simply Sweet.

And then the New Year's Eve dresses. These Grace Ruffle dresses were inspired by one of the dresses that appeared in one of the Main Street Boutiques auctions created by HeavenLeighBlessings Boutique. I made it "my own" but feel that it has such a similar theme/set up that I wanted to give him/her credit (mine PALES in comparison). I do not sell and these dresses were created at cost for my friend's trip, so I truly hope I don't step on any toes for making them.

Front/back

Close up of applique:

Hope everyone has a great few days. I'll be on the road and unable to keep up for a few days. Hope you all don't sew up a storm while I'm gone!

Sunshine
Oh, I am in love with these dresses!! Great job!! Hope you had good travel weather.

Quote:
My SIL has made no mention whatsoever about rescheduling the trip. It was supposed to be my daughters' gift for their bat mitzvah which is coming up this spring.

You've got to be kidding! Who does that when someone is recovering from surgery?? I'm glad you were able to let them know it wasn't a good time. After the last few weeks you've been through, feel free to vent away...you know you're safe to do that here.

Quote:
So, I have something to play with over Christmas break and into the new year......

My Aunt loaned me her embroidery machine that she hasn't used for at least 4 years. It is a Brother PC8500.

Just looked it over and went to try it out and realized that a few things are not there. There are no feet with it except a regular sewing foot and not quilting foot for sure. There is not even the plug so i can turn it on so i can't even check it out to see what is built in or on the card. No way to attach it to the computer or to put files on the card and only one card when she said she had two. But it does come with a 5x11 hoop. I've never heard you ladies talk about that size, I don't think, but it's there. So, I guess I'll be waiting to try it out.

I'm sure my machine plug can work but without the right foot, It's not doing anything.
How disappointing! Hopefully you'll be able to find out what is missing and order the parts from Brother. I have the same machine, so if you want me to take pictures or give you any info from the manual, let me know. I'll be pretty scarce until after the holidays, but I'd be glad to help out if I can.

Also, I love the bibs you made!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #2242
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am pretty sure you can get the manual online to see what designs are on the machine. I hope you can find the right foot so you can use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
There was WTMTQ, but I did anyway! I'm still working on the Rapunzel dress for my DGD. Well, I haven't been able to do any sewing for several days due to family coming in. We aren't doing Christmas with any of the grandchildren until January 5th, so I have a little grace period. Hope everyone who celebrates it has a very Merry Christmas and to everyone have a blessed New Year! Thanks for letting me be a part of this awesome thread!!!
I can't wait to see pictures of your Rapunzel dress. I am sure you are looking forward to spending time with your grandchildren. Merry Christmas to you as well. Thank you for being a part of our Disboutiquer community in the past year!

Our Disney trips:
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #2243
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02

Quote:
I am pretty sure you can get the manual online to see what designs are on the machine. I hope you can find the right foot so you can use it.
I downloaded the manual but there are no design images in it.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #2244
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Done in time!

I got the last of the sewing projects done today, one more fleece hoodie for my nephew and matching PJs for him and my boys. I think they will look so stinking adorable for Christmas. And since my sewing room is technically our guest room and my brother and nephew are bunking up in there, I am glad I am done. Spent the day baking cookies which we let the kids decorate, nothing like letting kids go nuts with sugar and sprinkles.

Here are the PJs I made, which are a surprise so obviously not modeled.

My poor little nephew has a unique spelling of his name so he never gets anything with his name on it. so I also got him a fleece blanket and put his name on that too.

Hoping to just relax and enjoy the family tomorrow, but my brother informed me he hasn't wrapped anything, so I have a feeling that will be my day tomorrow.

Jen

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #2245
Yoshiandi
Just working for my next Disney fix..

Wow!!

Just amazing work ladies. I haven't been on in forever..came back from our trip and went full blast into my online coursework. Finally finished and passed the course!!

So I finally started my embroidery again:

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas filled with family, love, and pixie dust!

Yoshiandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #2246
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiandi View Post

Awww, so cute! That turned out great!

Quote:

I've never heard of a 5x11 hoop. My old machine had a 6x10 hoop. Your sewing machine cord should work. I'm pretty sure that all the Brother machines have interchangeable cords. Maybe your local sewing shop has the embroidery machine foot for not too much money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post

Thank you so much for the advise on the PED basic. I will definitely look into it after the holidays. I'm excited about the prospect of getting into embroidery in a bigger way.

You've got to be kidding! Who does that when someone is recovering from surgery?? I'm glad you were able to let them know it wasn't a good time. After the last few weeks you've been through, feel free to vent away...you know you're safe to do that here.
Glad that I could help out with the PED Basic advice. It works great to transfer designs from the internet to your machine.

My MIL and FIL came up from Florida to help me with my DH and kids because the last couple of weeks have been overwhelming. So my SIL decided that since she couldn't stay with me, they'd stay at a hotel near my house. They stayed there over the weekend. I ended up still cooking and cleaning for 10 people instead of for 4. Frankly, it was the last thing that I needed. I ended up sending my in-laws home with my SIL today. They'll only be gone for the day but at least I will have one day of quiet. It was good for my husband though. He is feeling much better and seeing his whole family really raised his spirits so I can't complain too much.

Quote:

Jen
The pjs turned out great. How nice that you were able to do a couple of things for your nephew with his name on it. I hope that he loves them!

Enabler Alert

Just Peachy Applique is having a huge surprise sale. If you buy $100 worth of designs, you get 90% off. Her designs are usually $4 each, so that makes them 40 cents each. When you check out, put in surprise90 as the code. I think she is only having the sale today but it might be for tomorrow too. I got a bunch of cute designs. Here is a link:
http://justpeachyapplique.3dcartstores.com/

Last edited by dianemom2; 12-24-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: forgot to include link
dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #2247
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood
I got the last of the sewing projects done today, one more fleece hoodie for my nephew and matching PJs for him and my boys. I think they will look so stinking adorable for Christmas. And since my sewing room is technically our guest room and my brother and nephew are bunking up in there, I am glad I am done. Spent the day baking cookies which we let the kids decorate, nothing like letting kids go nuts with sugar and sprinkles.

My poor little nephew has a unique spelling of his name so he never gets anything with his name on it. so I also got him a fleece blanket and put his name on that too.

Hoping to just relax and enjoy the family tomorrow, but my brother informed me he hasn't wrapped anything, so I have a feeling that will be my day tomorrow.

Jen

Love these! I have run out of time for all the Christmas outfits I had in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiandi
Just amazing work ladies. I haven't been on in forever..came back from our trip and went full blast into my online coursework. Finally finished and passed the course!!

This its sooo cute!

Just wanted to pop on, I have a grace dress I finished for a gift and will post pictures soon. So glad I made it through the pattern.

Just wanted to say I'm glad to be a part of such a wonderful group. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #2248
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02

Quote:
Jen
Have fun with your family and Merry Christmas ! The Pj's are adorable and I totally understand about the never having anything with his name on it. i have 3 that are like that.

Quote:

The dress looks great !! Love how you used all the different fabric.

Quote:
Awww, so cute! That turned out great!
I've never heard of a 5x11 hoop. My old machine had a 6x10 hoop. Your sewing machine cord should work. I'm pretty sure that all the Brother machines have interchangeable cords. Maybe your local sewing shop has the embroidery machine foot for not too much money.
Glad that I could help out with the PED Basic advice. It works great to transfer designs from the internet to your machine.
My MIL and FIL came up from Florida to help me with my DH and kids because the last couple of weeks have been overwhelming. So my SIL decided that since she couldn't stay with me, they'd stay at a hotel near my house. They stayed there over the weekend. I ended up still cooking and cleaning for 10 people instead of for 4. Frankly, it was the last thing that I needed. I ended up sending my in-laws home with my SIL today. They'll only be gone for the day but at least I will have one day of quiet. It was good for my husband though. He is feeling much better and seeing his whole family really raised his spirits so I can't complain too much.

Enabler Alert

Just Peachy Applique is having a huge surprise sale. If you buy $100 worth of designs, you get 90% off. Her designs are usually $4 each, so that makes them 40 cents each. When you check out, put in surprise90 as the code. I think she is only having the sale today but it might be for tomorrow too. I got a bunch of cute designs. Here is a link:
http://justpeachyapplique.3dcartstores.com/
The receipt says 5x11 but the manual says large. My machine cord worked and Iw as able to see the fancy sewing designs but I cannot see the embroidery stuff cuz I just realized that I don't have the embroidery arm. I guess that stuff will have to wait a bit. I did find the feet, I am just an idiot sometimes. I also don't have a card that works. It says that the card that is with it cannot be used with this machine. I hope she can find all the stuff that goes with it cuz now I am really eager to try it and it might be one of the first purchases when we move and get a house so i can have my own.

I have to say that I fell for the enabling and bought a bunch of designs for when I can get the machine working or get my own. I now have 25 designs and almost all of them are Disney... haha !

Sorry your SIL decided to come anyways but at least it cheered your DH up. I hope he is feeling even better tomorrow and you all have a wonderful Christmas !

Edited to add -- I am going to have a new niece this Spring !!! My sister opened thier envelope early that had the gender inside and she is having a girl !! Another little girl to sew for !! Yay !! I can't celebrate on Facebook cuz she hasn't told everyone yet but nobody will tell on here !! :woohoo :

Last edited by pyrxtc; 12-24-2012 at 10:50 PM.
pyrxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #2249
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to all

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #2250
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jen
I am glad that you got your projects done in time. The PJ's look great. I have a normal spelling for my name and I have a hard time finding things with my name on it! I am sure it is even worse for kids with unique spelling of their names. I hope you will have a great time with your family.

Quote:

The dress looks beautiful!

Quote:
I am sorry that you got stuck with the extra work of the visitors. I am glad to hear that their visit had a positive impact on your husband. I hope he will continue to recover so he will be back to his old self soon.

Quote:
Edited to add -- I am going to have a new niece this Spring !!! My sister opened thier envelope early that had the gender inside and she is having a girl !! Another little girl to sew for !! Yay !! I can't celebrate on Facebook cuz she hasn't told everyone yet but nobody will tell on here !! :woohoo :
Congratulations! I guess you will have someone else to sew for if you decide to do so!

I hope everyone will have a great day with your families. My pies are baking in the oven right now, and the bread is rising. My casserole carrier will get used later today when I take the baked goodies to my in-law's. It will be a great day I am sure! Merry Christmas to those who celebrate Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you will have a nice and relaxing day.

Our Disney trips:
Jan 2007 - Pop Century

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: