Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #2191
hey_jude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
A quick hello! Here are a couple of pics from dd's birthday sleepover. For those who don't know we had a puppy themed party. Here is the cake I made:

Andrea - that cake is absolutely beautifu! How did you ever cut into it? It's just too amazing to eat.

Judy

Dec 1972 - offsite visit to Disney World / Dec 1975 - offsite visit to Disney World / Mar 1993 - Dixie Landings / Aug 2008 - All Star Music / Aug-Sept 2009 - All Star Music, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party / Aug 2010 - All Star Music, Bay Lake Tower / October 2010 - offsite visit to Disneyland, Mickey's Halloween Party / Aug 2011 - All Star Music / Aug-Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
hey_jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #2192
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
Great job on the Advent calendar!

Wow, awesome tutorial! Maybe I should ask you about how to do more things!
Awww thanks. I have learned so much from other people's tutorial so I thought it may be nice share a tutorial for a change.

Quote:
So, I finally finished a project. Last minute as always. It is a tote bag for my DD2s dance teacher, hope she likes it. It is my first try at a tote, not bad, but I do have a few areas on the back that did not work, the inside lining was just a little too big so I had to make a few pleats, oh well.

The bag turned out great. I am sure the dance teacher will like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post
Okay so for tonight, my goal is to get both the bodice and ruffle panels on the skirt of the Grace Ruffle dress done. That will leave me just the appliques to do tomorrow, and also cutting out the last dress. I think I'm going to be incredibly close on time though. These MUST be finished and in the mail by mid afternoon Wednesday! Eeek!

Sunshine
I hope you can get the dresses done in time. Don't forget to take a picture before you mail the dresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Well, I got behind on this thread again really quickly. Trying to get things done and my parents both got the flu pretty badly, so trips to their house to take them soup and gatoraide, plus dental appointments and just life I guess.

My machine is a Brother Pacesetter 8500. It's around 12 years old, but there were many years I didn't use it much at all and it still works great. I paid $2,000 for it, which to me was a huge amount of money and the computer program add on would have been another $1,000, so I opted not to get it. I looked at the PED basic, but wasn't sure it would work for me. My machine has a card slot, but I wasn't sure if just any card would work or if it had to be the brother ones. I'll look further into it. Thanks for the advise!

I've made three of those layered ruffled skirts and they were easy as pie! I posted this pic already, but not sure how far back. Hope this helps!

I got my hubby a Kuerig coffee maker. I usually do the 12 days of Christmas for him. I start on Dec. 13th and give him little presents every day until Christmas. The gifts range from his favorite Peppridge Farm cookies to a bottle of wine or a bag of Starbucks Christmas Blend. I leave a gift in his car, or put one in his lunch or under his pillow. He loves finding his present each day and I have fun finding things that he'll love. Other gifts I've done are Woodworking magazines, suduko puzzle books, fiction novels, gum, GC for Subway.
I hope your parents are feeling better now. I am sure they appreciated your help while they were down with the flu.

Another option you may look into for getting designs onto your machine is the Amazing Box (which is what I use). It was the same price as the PED-Basic when I got it. I chose it over the PED-Basic because it supported multiple card formats (in case I decide to go with a different brand machine in the future). When I got mine, I had to specify which card I wanted to come with the box. That set up has worked pretty well for me as my 270D only takes the Brother cards.

The ruffle skirts look very pretty. I can't remember if I saw them before!

Your 12 days of Christmas idea sounds fab! Maybe I will have to try that next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
I have been sewing together some adult bibs for my Mom to bring to her adult daycare place she goes. She has a few for herself and I think they do a Christmas thing where they leave stuff on the table in the corner and you can just take something. They had a gorgeous Mickey and Minnie thing last year. I bought the pattern and read the required amount of fabric but wasn't thinking and bought twice as much as needed since I was using flannel on one side and cotton on the other and bought the required amount of both for one bib. So, I made a few more than I planned and still have plenty of fabric left over if they want some more. I made 4 for the ladies and 4 for the men.

The bibs over the top of the chair are the cotton side and the bottom part is the flannel side.

I think that in the future I will go a little more fancy. I still have to make my skirt for me to wear for Christmas (and hope it fits right) and I have so much else going on this week. UGH !! I don't even have any food for Christmas and was hoping to have Christmas dinner on the Eve but DH told me he will be at work and that just doesn't seem right.....
The bibs look nice. I am sure they will get lots of use. Would you mind sharing the pattern you used for the bibs? From time to time we get older kids for the Gives that require bibs, so it may be a good pattern to have on hand for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia View Post
Looks cute to me. And great tutorial on the Blind hem. I do them all the time, but still have to look in my machines manual everytime I start one.
Thanks. I hope the tutorial will help someone out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HppyCamprs View Post
I am sick with what seems to be bronchitis which is a bummer since I just finished my semester up and planned on some guilt free sewing time to sew up some holiday lounge pants for the family. We normally get new Xmas pjs every year but thought lounge pants are simple enough......

Also going to tackle a doggy sweater type thing. It has leg holes for all four legs so we will see how that goes! My puppy is not keen on cold weather.
I am sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. I hope you will feel well enough to get the lounge pants done. I am sure your puppy will appreciate the sweater.

Quote:
A quick hello! Here are a couple of pics from dd's birthday sleepover. For those who don't know we had a puppy themed party. Here is the cake I made:

And stupid me forgot to take pics of the shirts prior to handing them out!!!!! It's been a hectic week week with Xmas plays and programs and dd's party. But I do have this pic with the shirts modeled:

Sorry the pic is blurry -- I'd love a nice camera but it's not in the budget. At least half of the pics I took at the party are blurrier than this one. All designs are Heather's except the Westie which is from Planet Applique. All stitched out great.

WENDY: Glad your surgery went well but sorry you are still having such food issues. You asked about Xmas presents.... dh and I found out last week that we are buying each other a water heater for our RI house this Xmas.

Again I am sorry I am scarce and will probably continue to be until at least after the holidays. I work a lot of the holidays and am in a general funk. I am so sick of living on such a tight budget.
Wow! That cake looked amazing. I am glad you got the shirts done. It looks like the girls liked them. I am sorry to hear that you will need to buy a water heater for the house in RI. I hope the right buyer will come along soon.

I am sorry to hear that you are under the pressure of a tight budget. I know how stressful that can be (I remember a time when DH and I's "treat" was to walk to McD's for an ice cream cone - we had to walk because we didn't want to burn the gas to get there). I really hope that your house will sell at your asking price and you will have a little bit more flexibility in your budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
I completely understand how you feel about living on a tight budget. It is so hard. We were doing ok but with DH being self employed, all the medical stuff has really taken a huge toll on our income over the last couple of months. If he doesn't work there is no income. He is still recovering from his surgery but I am praying he can start working again this week.

In other news, my SIL hurt her back on Friday. She isn't sure how it happened but that means she has canceled their trip to Disney World. She is already feeling much better but the dr told her that the long car ride might make her feel worse again. My poor kids! They have been through so much in the past couple of months but at least they had this trip to look forward to. Now they don't have that either.
I hope your husband will recovery quickly so he can get back to work. I am sorry to hear that your SIL had to cancel her trip. Hopefully she can take the trip later with your girls joining them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetMomma View Post
Hi Disboutiquers! I have a question that I hope someone will help me with.

My mom loves to sew and always makes custom clothing for my two kids when we travel to WDW. She currently has tags that she sews into the garment (just like where a regular garment tag would be, identifying the brand) that say "made with love by grandma" or something of that nature. However, I am wondering if anyone has ever seen these with Suzy and Perla on them, or any Disney type tags at all. I know she would love them if I can find them. I have tried searching this forum as well as the internet and haven't found them yet. Anyone know?

Thank you!!
There are places online that would do custom labels. I can't think of them off the top of my head but I imagine a Google search will turn up some of those places.

Quote:
So this is what I finished last week before DH's surgery. I think that the dress turned out kind of big. I will probably end up having to do some alterations on it.

I have one more thing that is halfway finished but I haven't had any time to sew in the last week. I'm hoping to get into my sewing room tomorrow afternoon. It has been too long!
The outfits look great. I like the appliques you used on them.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #2193
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetMomma View Post
Hi Disboutiquers! I have a question that I hope someone will help me with.

My mom loves to sew and always makes custom clothing for my two kids when we travel to WDW. She currently has tags that she sews into the garment (just like where a regular garment tag would be, identifying the brand) that say "made with love by grandma" or something of that nature. However, I am wondering if anyone has ever seen these with Suzy and Perla on them, or any Disney type tags at all. I know she would love them if I can find them. I have tried searching this forum as well as the internet and haven't found them yet. Anyone know?

Thank you!!
Joann's has Disney tags in the store. I can't find them online but I know I have seen them.

Quote:
So this is what I finished last week before DH's surgery. I think that the dress turned out kind of big. I will probably end up having to do some alterations on it.

I have one more thing that is halfway finished but I haven't had any time to sew in the last week. I'm hoping to get into my sewing room tomorrow afternoon. It has been too long!
I really like the pirate theme and the pigtails on the applique look so cute !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
The bibs look nice. I am sure they will get lots of use. Would you mind sharing the pattern you used for the bibs? From time to time we get older kids for the Gives that require bibs, so it may be a good pattern to have on hand for that.
I used Simplicity 2687. It has some great options on there and can't wait to try a few.

I got my skirt sewn up for Christmas finally. It was one of the many things I cut out a few weeks ago and I put it together today. I am very happy with it, I might change some little things if I do it again but not much. The pockets were awkward and don't match perfectly but I still like it. I also added elastic to the top of the yoke waistband because it just fit perfectly and I am hoping to lose a bit more weight and I want it to maybe fit me next year too. It still has the zipper that goes up the back like it's supposed to also. (My DS11 took the pics)

It's a McCall's pattern # 5431. I had to up-size it just a bit because it seems to run a bit small in this skirt and I wanted it to fit me right. I was thinking the whole outfit for Christmas but I think I'll stick with just heels and not the boots. I think the skirt is too long for the boots, it cuts off my legs and makes them look shorter than they already are.

Last edited by pyrxtc; 12-17-2012 at 08:32 PM.
pyrxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #2194
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Thank you all for your comments on the tote bag. I don't think it went over as well as I had hoped, but she was distracted when she opened it, so maybe that's why I felt that way. Note to self..next time, save myself time and energy and give a gift card. And save my sewing time for DD2, she loves my stuff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post

Oh you really should try it! It is remarkably easy in the construction of it and Lisa's instructions are spot on. I think it's one of those items that LOOKS so much more complicated than it really is, which is something I like about the pattern!

Okay so for tonight, my goal is to get both the bodice and ruffle panels on the skirt of the Grace Ruffle dress done. That will leave me just the appliques to do tomorrow, and also cutting out the last dress. I think I'm going to be incredibly close on time though. These MUST be finished and in the mail by mid afternoon Wednesday! Eeek!

Sunshine
Well, I wish I would just try the Grace, maybe when I'm not on a time crunch. I started a mock up, but when I got to the straps, it got confusing. Can't wait to see yours!!

Quote:
Well, I got behind on this thread again really quickly. Trying to get things done and my parents both got the flu pretty badly, so trips to their house to take them soup and gatoraide, plus dental appointments and just life I guess.

Believe me, you are not alone on the procrastination!! I once bought a book on how to stop procrastinating but never got around to reading it! (yes, it's true!)

I got my hubby a Kuerig coffee maker. I usually do the 12 days of Christmas for him. I start on Dec. 13th and give him little presents every day until Christmas. The gifts range from his favorite Peppridge Farm cookies to a bottle of wine or a bag of Starbucks Christmas Blend. I leave a gift in his car, or put one in his lunch or under his pillow. He loves finding his present each day and I have fun finding things that he'll love. Other gifts I've done are Woodworking magazines, suduko puzzle books, fiction novels, gum, GC for Subway.

I thought I was the only one to procrastinate. And the 12 days of Christmas sounds like fun!

Quote:
I get the being alone... it's no fun and will only get worse for me in the coming year with my DH leaving to work in TX in March while I wait until June to go. I'm sure he will love the shirt. What about doing a New Orleans trip or something in the Florida keys ? You could just do Georgia and hit up the Antebellum mansions.

I have been sewing together some adult bibs for my Mom to bring to her adult daycare place she goes. She has a few for herself and I think they do a Christmas thing where they leave stuff on the table in the corner and you can just take something. They had a gorgeous Mickey and Minnie thing last year. I bought the pattern and read the required amount of fabric but wasn't thinking and bought twice as much as needed since I was using flannel on one side and cotton on the other and bought the required amount of both for one bib. So, I made a few more than I planned and still have plenty of fabric left over if they want some more. I made 4 for the ladies and 4 for the men.

The bibs over the top of the chair are the cotton side and the bottom part is the flannel side.

I think that in the future I will go a little more fancy. I still have to make my skirt for me to wear for Christmas (and hope it fits right) and I have so much else going on this week. UGH !! I don't even have any food for Christmas and was hoping to have Christmas dinner on the Eve but DH told me he will be at work and that just doesn't seem right.....
Great idea on the bibs!

Quote:
Thank you Babynala for posting about the button hole tutorial. I am planning on tackling buttonholes in the near future.

I am sick with what seems to be bronchitis which is a bummer since I just finished my semester up and planned on some guilt free sewing time to sew up some holiday lounge pants for the family. We normally get new Xmas pjs every year but thought lounge pants are simple enough......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hope you feel better soon!

Quote:

And stupid me forgot to take pics of the shirts prior to handing them out!!!!! It's been a hectic week week with Xmas plays and programs and dd's party. But I do have this pic with the shirts modeled:

Sorry the pic is blurry -- I'd love a nice camera but it's not in the budget. At least half of the pics I took at the party are blurrier than this one. All designs are Heather's except the Westie which is from Planet Applique. All stitched out great.

WENDY: Glad your surgery went well but sorry you are still having such food issues. You asked about Xmas presents.... dh and I found out last week that we are buying each other a water heater for our RI house this Xmas.

Again I am sorry I am scarce and will probably continue to be until at least after the holidays. I work a lot of the holidays and am in a general funk. I am so sick of living on such a tight budget.
Absolutely LOVE that cake and shirts. Fabulous idea!!!!!

Quote:
You can definitely use PED Basic to download designs onto a card that would work in your sewing machine. If your machine has had light use and still works great, this would save you a ton of money over upgrading to a newer machine. Plus, I think your machine actually has more features than the PE770. Here is a link to what you need to buy:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/2171274?ad...em+Description

I completely understand how you feel about living on a tight budget. It is so hard. We were doing ok but with DH being self employed, all the medical stuff has really taken a huge toll on our income over the last couple of months. If he doesn't work there is no income. He is still recovering from his surgery but I am praying he can start working again this week.

In other news, my SIL hurt her back on Friday. She isn't sure how it happened but that means she has canceled their trip to Disney World. She is already feeling much better but the dr told her that the long car ride might make her feel worse again. My poor kids! They have been through so much in the past couple of months but at least they had this trip to look forward to. Now they don't have that either.
Sorry to hear about your SIL, hopefully they can go another time, but I would be sooo bummed.

Quote:
I don't have anybody specific that I've used but I'd look on Etsy. You can probably find somebody on there that can make you custom made tags. They can probably design something with Suzy, Perla or even both of them. What a cute idea!

Love these shirts and dresses!

Quote:
Joann's has Disney tags in the store. I can't find them online but I know I have seen them.

I used Simplicity 2687. It has some great options on there and can't wait to try a few.

I got my skirt sewn up for Christmas finally. It was one of the many things I cut out a few weeks ago and I put it together today. I am very happy with it, I might change some little things if I do it again but not much. The pockets were awkward and don't match perfectly but I still like it. I also added elastic to the top of the yoke waistband because it just fit perfectly and I am hoping to lose a bit more weight and I want it to maybe fit me next year too. It still has the zipper that goes up the back like it's supposed to also. (My DS11 took the pics)

It's a McCall's pattern # 5431. I had to up-size it just a bit because it seems to run a bit small in this skirt and I wanted it to fit me right. I was thinking the whole outfit for Christmas but I think I'll stick with just heels and not the boots. I think the skirt is too long for the boots, it cuts off my legs and makes them look shorter than they already are.
Love this skirt! I wish I would have the time and the patience to try to make myself something.
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #2195
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the compliments on the cake and shirts I am still behind and right now do not have time to even go back and look at all the lovely creations let alone quote them. Maybe someday I'll get caught up.

Quote:

The cake and the shirts are amazing! I'm so glad that you were able to get everything finished and it turned out so great. How did you make the puppy cake? It is so super cute! And all the girls must have loved their shirts.

So sorry that you have to get a new hot water heater for the RI house. I am praying that it gets sold soon! Has there been any more interest in it? This is such a slow time of year for selling. It will probably pick up a lot right after New Years.

I am so sorry your sister hurt her back. Your girls must really be disappointed. I know I would be.

I didn't know your dh was self employed. That has to take a toll when he is ill. I hope he mends quickly.

I used a tut I found on line for the basic shape of the cake -- it's two round pans and then I used some small bread pans I had. In the tut it says it took her an hour including baking. Like with sewing, I am slow so it definitely took me longer than an hour.
http://livinglifeintentionally.blogs...hday-cake.html

No further interest on the house -- a couple of showings but one family who was moving from out of state has to sell their house first. Hopefully in spring thinks will pick up, but we may have to take it off the market to refinance it when our contract ends in spring.

Quote:

Those look great. I have not seen that pirate fabric before. You color matched it perfectly with your accent colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_jude View Post
Andrea - that cake is absolutely beautifu! How did you ever cut into it? It's just too amazing to eat.

Judy
Thank you. When you have seven screaming girls running through your house that want cake you don't even flinch at cutting into it

Quote:
Wow! That cake looked amazing. I am glad you got the shirts done. It looks like the girls liked them. I am sorry to hear that you will need to buy a water heater for the house in RI. I hope the right buyer will come along soon.

I am sorry to hear that you are under the pressure of a tight budget. I know how stressful that can be (I remember a time when DH and I's "treat" was to walk to McD's for an ice cream cone - we had to walk because we didn't want to burn the gas to get there). I really hope that your house will sell at your asking price and you will have a little bit more flexibility in your budget.
Thanks for the compliments.

I too hope the house sells soon. We actually live comfortably when we don't have it's mortgage to contend with. I can't believe I haven't had to get a second job though. I guess I can live on a terribly tight budget, but it's not going to be able to last forever.

Quote:

I love it! The skirt looks awesome on you. I really need to sew something for myself one of these days.

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #2196
love to stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The cake and shirts are adorable. Looks like everyone was having a good time.

Quote:
I don't have anybody specific that I've used but I'd look on Etsy. You can probably find somebody on there that can make you custom made tags. They can probably design something with Suzy, Perla or even both of them. What a cute idea!

Those are adorable outfits.

Quote:

Your skirt looks great.

love to stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #2197
cogero
DIS Veteran

So much cuteness. Andrea I love that cake so adorable.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #2198
Tami0220
Chip & Dale Fanatic

Love the boots with the skirt!! I want a pair, lol.

Also, saw that someone got a Keurig for Christmas. I have found the best prices on K-cups at Sam's Club about $35 for 80 cups. Cheaper than Walmart or Costco. Anybody find them cheaper than that? I would love to know

Tami & Mike
Tami0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #2199
smile5sunshine
Think of the happiest thing, it's the same as having wings!

Quote:
the 12 days of Christmas is very sweet! thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Bibs look great. I'm sure many there will appreciate them.

Quote:

Also going to tackle a doggy sweater type thing. It has leg holes for all four legs so we will see how that goes! My puppy is not keen on cold weather.
Oh no! I hope you are feeling better! And please post the doggie creation. I am intrigued by your description of it.

Quote:

dh and I found out last week that we are buying each other a water heater for our RI house this Xmas.

Okay, just so you know, my brain wasn't working very well (it never is these days) and when I first saw the doggie cake I thought to myself, "why would she ruin a perfectly good cake by putting cooked spaghetti noodles all over it?" It took me a few seconds to realize that was YUMMY FROSTING. This cake is FABULOUS and it must have taken you quite a while t frost. Maybe, next time try the spaghetti as I think it would be quicker!

I'm SO sorry that you will have to spend money and get a new water heater. So frustrating. Praying your house sells.

Quote:
Oh no! This makes me so sad to hear.

Quote:

Wow those are so cute! I love your matching sets. The braids on the pirate girl are adorable!

Quote:
Aw, I know that was a tough time to go through, but what a sweet memory to have!

Quote:

This looks great! Very nice work! I love the fabrics you paired.

Quote:
Thank you all for your comments on the tote bag. I don't think it went over as well as I had hoped, but she was distracted when she opened it, so maybe that's why I felt that way. Note to self..next time, save myself time and energy and give a gift card. And save my sewing time for DD2, she loves my stuff!!

Well, I wish I would just try the Grace, maybe when I'm not on a time crunch. I started a mock up, but when I got to the straps, it got confusing. Can't wait to see yours!!
I stopped sewing Christmas presents for people because I didn't feel they really understood or appreciated the time it took to make them. Sewing/making something is WAY more involved than picking up something from the store, but oh well. I only sew for people I KNOW will value my efforts now.

And come to think of it, the first time through the pattern I got bogged down on the straps too! I was over thinking it though, and once I just literally did what the directions said, it was smooth sailing.

Quote:
Thank you. When you have seven screaming girls running through your house that want cake you don't even flinch at cutting into it
HA HA HA HA!!!!

Okay, now a couple of pics to share

Eye spy bags for the most recent Big Give. I was surprised they received these already since they just shipped out on Saturday!

A BIG THANK YOU TO ANDREA because I followed your mini-tute on one of the past threads and I think they came out great!

And the Belle dress 98% finished. I want to add more ribbon roses to the bottom of every gather. I used the tutorial on Carla's blog, but chose to do the skirt differently. I used clear elastic to gather the top skirt.

Full Dress:

close up of bodice and rose detail. Fabric has a leave/vine pattern and GLITTERS:

The two Grace Ruffle dresses are 50% done. I need to work on the (monster) applique for those. Then one more dress (a simply sweet Rapunzel) to do before I can ship! FX I can get all this done!

Sunshine
smile5sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #2200
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

HELP!

So last night I was working on an applique. This is only the second one I've done on the new machine, the first one went great. First the thread started bird nesting under the plate. I took it apart and got out all the pieces. Then the bobbin thread started coming and you could see the bobbin thread in all my stitches. I took everything apart again. Put a new bobbin in and rethreaded everything again. Then I got a birds nest again so I took it all apart again and now I am getting the bobbin thread in my stitches again. I have taken it apart at least 5 or 6 times between last night and this morning. I can't find any more loose threads or anything. I have rethreaded everything but nothing else is working.

What am I doing wrong? I'm so frustrated right now.

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #2201
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

When you put the bobbin back in, did you keep the string taught while putting the thread in the groove? This happened to me and when I kept it taught, it worked. Unfortunately that's my only thought. Maybe someone else had other options? Good luck!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #2202
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Oops, double post.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #2203
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When you put the bobbin back in, did you keep the string taught while putting the thread in the groove? This happened to me and when I kept it taught, it worked. Unfortunately that's my only thought. Maybe someone else had other options? Good luck!
Thanks. I walked away for awhile and just now came back to it again. I rethreaded everything and changed the needle this time and it worked!!! I didn't think to change the needle before because I have barely done any stitches with it but maybe that is what it needed. Who knows, but it works again so I'm happy!

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #2204
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

We just wrapped up our twin christmas party, all the families LOVED the aprons I made, and the kids had a great time decorating christmas trees w/ frosting and candies. I posted a ton of photos on my blog if you'd like to see the aprons in action and about 10 adorable 2-3 year olds ransacking my house.
Here is one of my little dudes shoveling in M&Ms with reckless abandon.

Now I am off to vacuum up about 27 lbs of colored sugar and chex mix from my carpet.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #2205
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami0220
Love the boots with the skirt!! I want a pair, lol.

Also, saw that someone got a Keurig for Christmas. I have found the best prices on K-cups at Sam's Club about $35 for 80 cups. Cheaper than Walmart or Costco. Anybody find them cheaper than that? I would love to know
Would love to know as well, I think we are getting a Keurig for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine

And come to think of it, the first time through the pattern I got bogged down on the straps too! I was over thinking it though, and once I just literally did what the directions said, it was smooth sailing.

HA HA HA HA!!!!

Okay, now a couple of pics to share

Eye spy bags for the most recent Big Give. I was surprised they received these already since they just shipped out on Saturday!

A BIG THANK YOU TO ANDREA because I followed your mini-tute on one of the past threads and I think they came out great!

And the Belle dress 98% finished. I want to add more ribbon roses to the bottom of every gather. I used the tutorial on Carla's blog, but chose to do the skirt differently. I used clear elastic to gather the top skirt.

Full Dress:

close up of bodice and rose detail. Fabric has a leave/vine pattern and GLITTERS:

The two Grace Ruffle dresses are 50% done. I need to work on the (monster) applique for those. Then one more dress (a simply sweet Rapunzel) to do before I can ship! FX I can get all this done!

Sunshine
Maybe I'll get brave and try the Grace dress soon, thanks for the pep talk.

Love the Belle dress and eye spy bags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMickey

Thanks. I walked away for awhile and just now came back to it again. I rethreaded everything and changed the needle this time and it worked!!! I didn't think to change the needle before because I have barely done any stitches with it but maybe that is what it needed. Who knows, but it works again so I'm happy!
Glad you figured it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood
We just wrapped up our twin christmas party, all the families LOVED the aprons I made, and the kids had a great time decorating christmas trees w/ frosting and candies. I posted a ton of photos on my blog if you'd like to see the aprons in action and about 10 adorable 2-3 year olds ransacking my house.
Here is one of my little dudes shoveling in M&Ms with reckless abandon.

Now I am off to vacuum up about 27 lbs of colored sugar and chex mix from my carpet.
Sooooo cute! How did you get the cones to stay on the bowl? They looked like they had an amazing time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: