Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #2176
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

So, I finally finished a project. Last minute as always. It is a tote bag for my DD2s dance teacher, hope she likes it. It is my first try at a tote, not bad, but I do have a few areas on the back that did not work, the inside lining was just a little too big so I had to make a few pleats, oh well.

BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #2177
smile5sunshine
Think of the happiest thing, it's the same as having wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Sunshine - I was wondering about those probiotics. They have recommended that I be followed by a nutritionist, would they recommend things like that? Im not sure who to ask what question to - lol - surgeon? GP? GI doc? lol...I have never had so many dr's in my entire life!!!
Gracious that IS a lot of Drs! I think I would ask either the person who told you to go on the restricted diet, or the GI doc. I think they will know what is best in your situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
The snow white dress is so cute. Did you read Carla's tutorial on YCMT called "buttonhole basics"? It is a free e-book and it give detailed directions for doing buttonholes and buttons.
I guess I should have been a little more specific. It's not the button holes themselves I am having trouble with, but rather the placement. In the patter it just says to make the button holes 3/4" and the lists one number which I can only figure is supposed to be the distance between the two button holes. But it didn't say how far down/to the side of the bodice they should be placed either. I have a feeling I will just end up eye balling it as best I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
I soooo wish I was brave enough to try the Grace dress, it is soo pretty. But each time I think I'll try, I freak out and think I can't do it.
Oh you really should try it! It is remarkably easy in the construction of it and Lisa's instructions are spot on. I think it's one of those items that LOOKS so much more complicated than it really is, which is something I like about the pattern!

Quote:
So, I finally finished a project. Last minute as always. It is a tote bag for my DD2s dance teacher, hope she likes it. It is my first try at a tote, not bad, but I do have a few areas on the back that did not work, the inside lining was just a little too big so I had to make a few pleats, oh well.

Pretty! I hope the teacher appreciates it.

Okay so for tonight, my goal is to get both the bodice and ruffle panels on the skirt of the Grace Ruffle dress done. That will leave me just the appliques to do tomorrow, and also cutting out the last dress. I think I'm going to be incredibly close on time though. These MUST be finished and in the mail by mid afternoon Wednesday! Eeek!

Sunshine
smile5sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #2178
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Well, I got behind on this thread again really quickly. Trying to get things done and my parents both got the flu pretty badly, so trips to their house to take them soup and gatoraide, plus dental appointments and just life I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post

I love that your granddaughter loved the skirt and top you sent her. How nice that your daughter sent you a video of her enjoying it.

What Brother machine do you have that does sewing and embroidery? If it has a card slot, you should be able to download designs and stitch them out. You just need to purchase PED Basic. It costs about $100 for the box and a card. I used that for several years on my old Ellageo machine. That machine also took floppy disks and I found out that I could buy a floppy disk writer for about $10. That allowed me to transfer all the designs to floppy disks and transfer them to my Ellageo that way.
My machine is a Brother Pacesetter 8500. It's around 12 years old, but there were many years I didn't use it much at all and it still works great. I paid $2,000 for it, which to me was a huge amount of money and the computer program add on would have been another $1,000, so I opted not to get it. I looked at the PED basic, but wasn't sure it would work for me. My machine has a card slot, but I wasn't sure if just any card would work or if it had to be the brother ones. I'll look further into it. Thanks for the advise!

Love the idea of Fabreezing away the monsters!!!

Quote:
A simply sweet with 3 layers of ruffles would mean you would have to sew through 4 layers of fabric to attach it to the dress. That would be very thick and difficult to sew. I think you would end up with a few broken needles. Instead, I think that I would use this method:
http://www.danamadeit.com/2012/03/tu...red-skirt.html

It will be a bit more work in measuring and cutting. But I think it will be easier sewing in the end.
I've made three of those layered ruffled skirts and they were easy as pie! I posted this pic already, but not sure how far back. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post
es I am busy, but I must admit, that it's really all my fault that I am. I have known about needing to sew these items for quite a while and just procrastinated until the very last minute! I should know better, but alas I keep making the same mistakes over and over again!

I want to say that I am praying for the poor families in Connecticut today. Horrible and heartbreaking.

I am 90% done with the give eye spy bags. All I need to do is get the filling (either rice or the poly pellets, which are my first choice) and sew them closed. Can't post pictures of those yet though.

And I am also 90% done with the first dress. It's a Snow White inspired dress using the Little Lizard Apron Knot pattern. Overall the directions for this pattern are clear, but she doesn't really include any sizing information or finished measurements. I modified the apron portion. It was supposed to be a rectangle, but I wanted the rounded corners. I also lined it so I could use the ric-rac. I also used a blind hem stitch for the first time, so YAY me!

I still need to add the buttonholes (the directions are a bit unclear for this so if anyone has made the patten before help me out, otherwise I'll have to email Little Lizard) and then I am also going to add an apple applique to the apron. Overall, happy with how it's turned out.

*edit* hee hee, I just realized my eye spy bags are peeking out from behind the dress! Those black straps are the handles to the bags!

Hoping to get a couple more dresses cut out today/tonight. Maybe more pictures tomorrow.

Sunshine
Believe me, you are not alone on the procrastination!! I once bought a book on how to stop procrastinating but never got around to reading it! (yes, it's true!)

Love your Snow White outfit! You did a fabulous job!

Quote:
I took DH back for his post surgical follow up appointment today. It was very good news. The pathology report was already back and everything was benign. I don't know if I had mentioned it here but the endocrinologist who visited DH while he was in the hospital scared us quite a bit because she kept saying that the mass was malignant and we needed to get into her office to see her within a week. The surgeon told us today that she was definitely mistaken and must have confused us with another patient.
Oh my, what a terrible mix up! So glad the real results were benign! Yay God!!!

Quote:
Hi Everyone!!

So sorry I have been MIA. My gallbladder removal went just fine, spent 1 night in the hospital and was then sent home. I have been having a rough time eating and drinking since August, and after surgery, I was just not able to keep myself going and got into a bad dehydration hole, so had to go back into the hospital again this week for a few days. My guts are just a mess right now!! But at least the pain from the gallbladder was gone when I woke up = I just expected the digestion issues to be gone as well...oh well. My dreams of stitching and sewing while I was home recooperating boiled down to just 1 Eeyore Christmas Tshirt and a half done Tigger one!!!! YIKES!!! So, Im hoping I'll finally feel better for Christmas this year!!!
Quote:
Thanks so much friends!

Flora - I just cant seem to eat or drink much at all which is very freaky!! I have lost so much weight, which I could absolutely afford to lose, but not too much more. I have gone from a size 24W to a 12! Its super duper weird for me. I always heard that when you lost weight you got tons of energy, but not so far for me....hopefully it will come, I can keep it off and will be back in the swing of things. It will be a pretty low key holiday for us. My mom and her husband will come here for breakfast, and then they are flying to Austin around noon to visit with family out there. So it will just be Billy and I.

I am having a hard time finding what I can eat that is lactose free....any tips? I need very plain and low fat.....then next week, they want me to try gluten free....to see if this all gives my gut a chance to rest or if I get any more/less GI symptoms....lol.....

What are you guys giving your significant others this year? Billy and I usually exchange a few things since we dont have kiddos, and of course Tigger will be spoiled rotten. He has been so cute with the Christmas tree...lol....I want to take him to get his picture taken with santa - I know its crazy, but oh well!!! lol
Oh, what you're going through sounds just awful! What a difficult way to lose weight. I guess at least that's one good thing that has come from all your discomfort. So sorry you're feeling so weak. Good luck with the lactose and gluten free diet. I'll be praying for you.

I got my hubby a Kuerig coffee maker. I usually do the 12 days of Christmas for him. I start on Dec. 13th and give him little presents every day until Christmas. The gifts range from his favorite Peppridge Farm cookies to a bottle of wine or a bag of Starbucks Christmas Blend. I leave a gift in his car, or put one in his lunch or under his pillow. He loves finding his present each day and I have fun finding things that he'll love. Other gifts I've done are Woodworking magazines, suduko puzzle books, fiction novels, gum, GC for Subway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban26ana View Post
I finished up dd's Merida dress for BBB. Let me just say, Merida is now my least favorite Disney character. My machine apparently got PMS, because it kept jamming and giving me problems. I've learned that I'm nowhere near ready to sew without a pattern, because this dress definitely has "personality." And by personality, I mean glaring flaws. (Strings obviously haven't been cut yet.)

Question: well, whining I guess. How long does it take to get good at this sewing thing? I've made about a half dozen things now. And I feel like there's no improvement. I can't sew a straight line if my life depended on it. My seam ripper gets more mileage than my sewing machine lol. Something is always lopsided, completely wrong, etc. Oh, and it takes me FOR-E-VER to sew something. I'm in the middle of sewing a patchwork twirl skirt, and I feel like I could have gestated a human in less time. When will I start getting better?
I would just say, be patient. Half a dozen things is not all that many. It does take time to perfect your sewing. You are tackling some pretty difficult stuff, especially in your fabric choices. Having said all that, your Merida dress looks pretty good. I would never guess you're so new to sewing. Hang in there and try not to measure what you're doing with anyone else's work. Time and repetition are the only things that make you better. Compare what you did first against what you just did and see how much improvement you've made. And my seam ripper gets a pretty good work out at times too. You're not alone in that! Don't get too discouraged and don't give up. You're on the right track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post

Since a few of you requested a picture earlier in the week, here's my Advent calendar:

I am not 100% happy with it but it will do for now.
I think you did a great job on the Advent Calendar! Very pretty!

Quote:
Definately the Easyfit pants and the bowling shirt by Carla C - she is the best!!

Just finally finished Bill's Tigger Christmas shirt!! lol....Cant wait to give it to him tonight when he gets home from work!! I am so tired of being alone so much while he is at work - I dont know how everyone else does it!!!

Does anyone have any ideas for a quick get away for new years? We adore Florida, but know the crowds at Disney would be bad (We've done new years several times). We have Friday through tuesday and are willing to drive...would like to have Tigger with us????? My birthday is new years eve, and I'd just like to get outta town for a few days!
Have you been to the Poconos? How about Niagra Falls? DH and I used to go to the Canadian Falls a couple of times a year. It's so beautiful in the winter! Also, if budget isn't an issue, Nimacolin Resort is beautiful. I've never stayed there, but toured it and it looks fabulous! Very pricey, though. Our daughter and her husband like to go to Berkley Springs in WV. Also, Corning N.Y. or the Finger Lakes region of N.Y. is beautiful. Don't know if you're near any State parks, but here in Ohio, we enjoy renting a cabin at one of the parks, they have hot tubs and fireplaces and are so relaxing. Hope you find something that you love!

Quote:

This is soooo adorable! She'll love it!

Last edited by disneychic2; 12-17-2012 at 02:00 AM.
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #2179
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Definately the Easyfit pants and the bowling shirt by Carla C - she is the best!!

Just finally finished Bill's Tigger Christmas shirt!! lol....Cant wait to give it to him tonight when he gets home from work!! I am so tired of being alone so much while he is at work - I dont know how everyone else does it!!!

Does anyone have any ideas for a quick get away for new years? We adore Florida, but know the crowds at Disney would be bad (We've done new years several times). We have Friday through tuesday and are willing to drive...would like to have Tigger with us????? My birthday is new years eve, and I'd just like to get outta town for a few days!

I get the being alone... it's no fun and will only get worse for me in the coming year with my DH leaving to work in TX in March while I wait until June to go. I'm sure he will love the shirt. What about doing a New Orleans trip or something in the Florida keys ? You could just do Georgia and hit up the Antebellum mansions.

Quote:
Looks cute. I'm sure her teacher will love it. I was going to do one for my DS's teacher for Christmas (technically he is supposed to do it) but it's too close and I have so much to do that it's not gonna happen.

I have been sewing together some adult bibs for my Mom to bring to her adult daycare place she goes. She has a few for herself and I think they do a Christmas thing where they leave stuff on the table in the corner and you can just take something. They had a gorgeous Mickey and Minnie thing last year. I bought the pattern and read the required amount of fabric but wasn't thinking and bought twice as much as needed since I was using flannel on one side and cotton on the other and bought the required amount of both for one bib. So, I made a few more than I planned and still have plenty of fabric left over if they want some more. I made 4 for the ladies and 4 for the men.

The bibs over the top of the chair are the cotton side and the bottom part is the flannel side.

I think that in the future I will go a little more fancy. I still have to make my skirt for me to wear for Christmas (and hope it fits right) and I have so much else going on this week. UGH !! I don't even have any food for Christmas and was hoping to have Christmas dinner on the Eve but DH told me he will be at work and that just doesn't seem right.....

Last edited by pyrxtc; 12-17-2012 at 06:57 AM.
pyrxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #2180
billwendy
DIS Veteran

My goodness you little elves have been busy!!!

Love the idea of the 12 days of Christmas - so much FUN!!!!

I got Billy the wii Lego Lord of the Rings game that he asked for - lol!!! He can be a kid at heart too!!!

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #2181
tricia
Goes to show you that even lurkers get tagged!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I am going to try to make a couple adult bowling shirts for my husband. His birthday is new years eve, so I hope to do one for birthday and one for christmas. both are superhero themed. I also made a couple hoodies for my kids, my nephew and a fleece throw for each my husband and two kids. Still have a bowling shirt in the works for the nephew. I did finish my aprons though! A grand total of 14, all appliqued with gingerbread boy or girl and personalized with their names. Also whipped up a bib for the little sister of one set of twins.

Those are adorable. I am making an apron for my DS for Christmas, although I don't think your method will work for him. He is 15, so I will need to use a little more than a dish cloth. He loves to bake and uses one of my girlie aprons, so I figured I would make him something a little more masculine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban26ana View Post

Question: well, whining I guess. How long does it take to get good at this sewing thing? I've made about a half dozen things now. And I feel like there's no improvement. I can't sew a straight line if my life depended on it. My seam ripper gets more mileage than my sewing machine lol. Something is always lopsided, completely wrong, etc. Oh, and it takes me FOR-E-VER to sew something. I'm in the middle of sewing a patchwork twirl skirt, and I feel like I could have gestated a human in less time. When will I start getting better?

There are seamstresses that have been sewing for YEARS and still cant start something without a pattern. Don't beat yourself up over that! There are awesome patterns out there. I know they cost a bit of money, but get a few PDF patterns that have been recommended on here and stick with those till you are more comfortable.

The dress looks great, BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post

I am not 100% happy with it but it will do for now.
Looks cute to me. And great tutorial on the Blind hem. I do them all the time, but still have to look in my machines manual everytime I start one.

Quote:

Very pretty. I get issues with the lining being too big in most bags I make too.

AKL - September 2009 Universal RPR - March 2009
ASSp - March 2007 ASSp - March 2006
Pop - March 2004 ASSp- May 2003
ASMo- Sept 2000 ASSp- April 1996
WL- July 1994 CBR- 1998
ME DH DS15 DS11
tricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #2182
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Has anyone been to the Gaitlinburg, TN area this time of year?

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #2183
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

Thank you Babynala for posting about the button hole tutorial. I am planning on tackling buttonholes in the near future.

I am sick with what seems to be bronchitis which is a bummer since I just finished my semester up and planned on some guilt free sewing time to sew up some holiday lounge pants for the family. We normally get new Xmas pjs every year but thought lounge pants are simple enough......

Also going to tackle a doggy sweater type thing. It has leg holes for all four legs so we will see how that goes! My puppy is not keen on cold weather.

The Cinderella dance bag is super! What a great gift

The Merida dress is very very pretty.

Oh I forgot to say thank you to the person who told me to hold the thread when gathering with the figure 8 on the pin. It worked perfectly!! Thank you!

So glad that the tumor turned out to be benign!

I can't go back to see names or quote on my phone so sorry for missing names!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #2184
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia

Those are adorable. I am making an apron for my DS for Christmas, although I don't think your method will work for him. He is 15, so I will need to use a little more than a dish cloth. He loves to bake and uses one of my girlie aprons, so I figured I would make him something a little more masculine.
If you don't already have a pattern, I found tons on Pinterest looking for ideas for these. Mostly larger adult sizes. The little ones were harder to come by. A lot of them were reversible which is cute but would have required way too much fabric. I'm not good with numbers but I think with the $1.99 towels cut in 1/2 then the felt, elastic, etc these were probably less than $3 each. If I'd made them all reversible and bought fabric it would have been a lot more. With one though it would be worth it.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #2185
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

A quick hello! Here are a couple of pics from dd's birthday sleepover. For those who don't know we had a puppy themed party. Here is the cake I made:

And stupid me forgot to take pics of the shirts prior to handing them out!!!!! It's been a hectic week week with Xmas plays and programs and dd's party. But I do have this pic with the shirts modeled:

Sorry the pic is blurry -- I'd love a nice camera but it's not in the budget. At least half of the pics I took at the party are blurrier than this one. All designs are Heather's except the Westie which is from Planet Applique. All stitched out great.

WENDY: Glad your surgery went well but sorry you are still having such food issues. You asked about Xmas presents.... dh and I found out last week that we are buying each other a water heater for our RI house this Xmas.

Again I am sorry I am scarce and will probably continue to be until at least after the holidays. I work a lot of the holidays and am in a general funk. I am so sick of living on such a tight budget.

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #2186
Tami0220
Chip & Dale Fanatic

Absolutely adorable cake and shirts!!!

Tami & Mike
Tami0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #2187
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
My machine is a Brother Pacesetter 8500. It's around 12 years old, but there were many years I didn't use it much at all and it still works great. I paid $2,000 for it, which to me was a huge amount of money and the computer program add on would have been another $1,000, so I opted not to get it. I looked at the PED basic, but wasn't sure it would work for me. My machine has a card slot, but I wasn't sure if just any card would work or if it had to be the brother ones. I'll look further into it. Thanks for the advise!
You can definitely use PED Basic to download designs onto a card that would work in your sewing machine. If your machine has had light use and still works great, this would save you a ton of money over upgrading to a newer machine. Plus, I think your machine actually has more features than the PE770. Here is a link to what you need to buy:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/2171274?ad...em+Description

Like I said, I used my PED Basic for years with my old machine. It works just great to download designs and transfer them to your machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post

I have been sewing together some adult bibs for my Mom to bring to her adult daycare place she goes.

I love your adult bibs. I made several for a friend a few years ago but I like your pattern better. Mine were made out of towels with t-shirt fabric around the neckline. How nice that you made extra for your mom to bring in. It sounds like a nice place for her to spend the day.

Quote:
What about Williamsburg? It is usually decorated and just beautiful at the holidays plus it isn't too cold. There is a lot to do there with Jamestown, Yorktown and loads of outlet shopping. We went a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time. I'd also suggest Charleston. We've done that at the holidays and had a great time. We actually combined that trip with some time in Savannah. Those two places are much better to visit this time of year because they are unbearably hot and humid in the summer. The weather there should be mild but not too hot.

Quote:
Has anyone been to the Gaitlinburg, TN area this time of year?
I did about 20 years ago. It was cold and dull in the winter. Maybe there is more to do now than when I went???? If you want to do somewhere in the mountains, Asheville, NC is beautiful and we loved the Biltmore Mansion. We were there about 15 years ago and I understand that the town has gotten even nicer since we were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
A quick hello! Here are a couple of pics from dd's birthday sleepover. For those who don't know we had a puppy themed party. Here is the cake I made:

But I do have this pic with the shirts modeled:

You asked about Xmas presents.... dh and I found out last week that we are buying each other a water heater for our RI house this Xmas.

Again I am sorry I am scarce and will probably continue to be until at least after the holidays. I work a lot of the holidays and am in a general funk. I am so sick of living on such a tight budget.
The cake and the shirts are amazing! I'm so glad that you were able to get everything finished and it turned out so great. How did you make the puppy cake? It is so super cute! And all the girls must have loved their shirts.

So sorry that you have to get a new hot water heater for the RI house. I am praying that it gets sold soon! Has there been any more interest in it? This is such a slow time of year for selling. It will probably pick up a lot right after New Years.

I completely understand how you feel about living on a tight budget. It is so hard. We were doing ok but with DH being self employed, all the medical stuff has really taken a huge toll on our income over the last couple of months. If he doesn't work there is no income. He is still recovering from his surgery but I am praying he can start working again this week.

In other news, my SIL hurt her back on Friday. She isn't sure how it happened but that means she has canceled their trip to Disney World. She is already feeling much better but the dr told her that the long car ride might make her feel worse again. My poor kids! They have been through so much in the past couple of months but at least they had this trip to look forward to. Now they don't have that either.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #2188
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Question for those of you with PE770's

I was stitching out a Mickey head design from Heather Sue and it has stitched out fine before no problem at all. This time it stitched fine OTHEr than it missed the final satin stitch on a section of ear. There also is no way I can go back and fix it because I can't go back and repeat steps or anything.

Was this just a fluke maybe? it was part of another step, it is supposed to do the whole mickey head final satin stitch at once and it just missed a section.
thanks
Erin

I will put the embroidery thread on my regular sewing machine and do satin stitch (close zig zag) over the area that needs coverage. I have designs I've done a dozen times and for some reason, one time it skips a spot. So I just use the sewing method to "fix it".
Old 12-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #2189
MainStreetMomma
Mouseketeer

Hi Disboutiquers! I have a question that I hope someone will help me with.

My mom loves to sew and always makes custom clothing for my two kids when we travel to WDW. She currently has tags that she sews into the garment (just like where a regular garment tag would be, identifying the brand) that say "made with love by grandma" or something of that nature. However, I am wondering if anyone has ever seen these with Suzy and Perla on them, or any Disney type tags at all. I know she would love them if I can find them. I have tried searching this forum as well as the internet and haven't found them yet. Anyone know?

Thank you!!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #2190
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetMomma View Post
My mom loves to sew and always makes custom clothing for my two kids when we travel to WDW. She currently has tags that she sews into the garment (just like where a regular garment tag would be, identifying the brand) that say "made with love by grandma" or something of that nature. However, I am wondering if anyone has ever seen these with Suzy and Perla on them, or any Disney type tags at all. I know she would love them if I can find them. I have tried searching this forum as well as the internet and haven't found them yet. Anyone know?

Thank you!!
I don't have anybody specific that I've used but I'd look on Etsy. You can probably find somebody on there that can make you custom made tags. They can probably design something with Suzy, Perla or even both of them. What a cute idea!

So this is what I finished last week before DH's surgery. I think that the dress turned out kind of big. I will probably end up having to do some alterations on it.

I have one more thing that is halfway finished but I haven't had any time to sew in the last week. I'm hoping to get into my sewing room tomorrow afternoon. It has been too long!

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: