Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #2011
smile5sunshine
Think of the happiest thing, it's the same as having wings!

Diane: just popping in to let you know that I am praying for your DH's surgery tomorrow and the recovery that follows. I am praying that you get some answers and a plan. We are all thinking of you and will be there with you in spirit! HUGS!

Sunshine
smile5sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #2012
smile5sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Hi Everyone!! I love seeing all the holiday cheer come out in those adorable outfits!!!

Well, last week instead of going to Disney, I had my gallbladder out on Friday. Woo hoo....no comparison to Disney. But its over and hopefully my body will be better than new. Right now I have lots and lots of nausea, which is discouraging, because that is one of my pre surgery symptoms!!! I also hope they will recommend a nutritionist for me as I am truely afraid to eat!! I've lost a ton of weight and want to keep it off too!!! I have a gurgly cough now, and it hurts to cough so I squeeze a stuffed animal and try not to cough so it doesnt hurt!! lol...

I have been getting some questions about how my cousin Steve is - thank you for keeping him in your prayers. He got a gtube on Thursday, and was discharged from the hospital at noon today - went straight to the radiologist who put on his radiation tattoos and that will start on Monday. He meets with the oncologist on Wednesday....whew!!! This is moving fast, but we are encouraged that his surgeon at HUP in Philly does this surgery (his will be in Feb or march) 80-100 times/year!!!! the norm for most places is 3x/year!!

QUestion - someone was super busy, and unable to do the eye spy bags for Shawn Broolkyn's big give - would anyone be able to fill in for her? Would also love some tie dye shirts as they are one of mom's favorite things!!!

Thanks so much, Wendy
Wendy, I responded over on the Big Give site. I'm willing to have a go at the eye spy bags. Thanks!

Sunshine
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #2013
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
Now that I have figured out how easy that hoodie pattern is I have picked up a ton more fleece on remnants, since kids are small usually a yard or less works. I only have to attach hoods to 4 more I have made in the past couple days. Two are for my kids playmates who have a birthday saturday. My kids have a playgroup with 6 other sets of twins, and of the 7 sets, 5 have birthdays in november and december, so in addition to Christmas, I am making a ton of twin gifts.

The UP embroidery came from Heather Sue, she also has the Wilderness Explorer logo. I made the sweatshirt for a friend for her birthday, she wore it when we were in WDW last month and got a ton of comments on it. I lucked out and found the purple hoodie on clearance at Target, so I don't know how easy purple would be to find, but PM me and I would be happy to help you out. I already have the files.

Hoping to get the tree up and the house decorated today, also fit in grocery shopping and sewing. We have a twin day birthday party tomorrow in addition to the one saturday. Lots to do!
Awesome! I will PM you after the holidays! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Hi Everyone!! I love seeing all the holiday cheer come out in those adorable outfits!!!

Well, last week instead of going to Disney, I had my gallbladder out on Friday. Woo hoo....no comparison to Disney. But its over and hopefully my body will be better than new. Right now I have lots and lots of nausea, which is discouraging, because that is one of my pre surgery symptoms!!! I also hope they will recommend a nutritionist for me as I am truely afraid to eat!! I've lost a ton of weight and want to keep it off too!!! I have a gurgly cough now, and it hurts to cough so I squeeze a stuffed animal and try not to cough so it doesnt hurt!! lol...

I have been getting some questions about how my cousin Steve is - thank you for keeping him in your prayers. He got a gtube on Thursday, and was discharged from the hospital at noon today - went straight to the radiologist who put on his radiation tattoos and that will start on Monday. He meets with the oncologist on Wednesday....whew!!! This is moving fast, but we are encouraged that his surgeon at HUP in Philly does this surgery (his will be in Feb or march) 80-100 times/year!!!! the norm for most places is 3x/year!!

QUestion - someone was super busy, and unable to do the eye spy bags for Shawn Broolkyn's big give - would anyone be able to fill in for her? Would also love some tie dye shirts as they are one of mom's favorite things!!!

Thanks so much, Wendy
Awww... Wendy... I am glad to see your update - I hope you continue to feel better.

And thanks for the update on Steve. Did you receive your package I sent? I have not tracked it at all.

Sorry I don't any time for the eye spy bags... I am booked so solid that my head is spinning!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #2014
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks so much, Wendy
Wendy, glad to hear the surgery went well. Sorry you're still having troubles but hopefully you will start feeling better soon.

Diane, thinking and praying for you, your DH and family today.

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #2015
ivey_family
Mouseketeer

Sorry, no time to catch up today. We're on the road, heading home. But I just want to let Diane know I've been praying for them this morning!

Regards,
C.

Edit - Just saw on FB that they delayed the surgery but have ruled out the scary, fatal kind of thyroid cancer! Hooray for some good news!

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)

Last edited by ivey_family; 12-04-2012 at 11:02 AM.
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #2016
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

I am back with another update. The last 24 hours has been so crazy that my head is spinning. Yesterday we got a call around 2 pm telling us that surgery was canceled because further testing was needed. That had us convinced that Neal had the terrible, terminal thyroid cancer because they typically don't operate on people with that cancer. It doesn't prolong the patient's life so why cause them additional pain? Anyhow, they told us that the dr would call us at 5 to explain things. That was a terrible time while we tried to wait. The dr called at 6 pm to explain that they had ruled out anaplastic thyroid cancer (the terrible thyroid cancer) and needed to do some more testing on the biopsy samples. We were told we wouldn't hear anything more for another 2 or 3 days. Well, the doctor just called us about 5 minutes ago and said that the further testing shows that the tumor is a benign hurthle cell neoplasm. We are beyond relieved and happy! They will still test everything after surgery just to be absolutely sure. I want to thank everybody for all their good thoughts and prayers!

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #2017
cogero
DIS Veteran

Diane I am so so happy that you received such good news.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #2018
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
I am back with another update. The last 24 hours has been so crazy that my head is spinning. Yesterday we got a call around 2 pm telling us that surgery was canceled because further testing was needed. That had us convinced that Neal had the terrible, terminal thyroid cancer because they typically don't operate on people with that cancer. It doesn't prolong the patient's life so why cause them additional pain? Anyhow, they told us that the dr would call us at 5 to explain things. That was a terrible time while we tried to wait. The dr called at 6 pm to explain that they had ruled out anaplastic thyroid cancer (the terrible thyroid cancer) and needed to do some more testing on the biopsy samples. We were told we wouldn't hear anything more for another 2 or 3 days. Well, the doctor just called us about 5 minutes ago and said that the further testing shows that the tumor is a benign hurthle cell neoplasm. We are beyond relieved and happy! They will still test everything after surgery just to be absolutely sure. I want to thank everybody for all their good thoughts and prayers!
that is wonderful news! I hope the surgery goes smoothly and recovery isn't that difficult.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #2019
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That is excellent news. Let us know when the surgery is scheduled, I will continue to pray the surgery goes well.

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #2020
smile5sunshine

Oh Diane! That is WONDERFUL news! HURRAY HURRAY!!! Praying now that he has an easy recovery after the surgery.

So, I tried to sew up a super simple project. I've been needing/wanting some fleece pj pants for me. Made pj pants at least a dozen (or more) times. Easy, right?

yes, easy to SCREW UP! LOL. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out where I went astray. For some odd reason I managed to get the outseam showing on just ONE leg. And I TRIED to turn them this way and that when sewing and have them match up but never could get it to work. So every other seam is inside, but then one random seam is exposed on the side. I lucked out that my serger thread happened to match the project. Since they are just pj pants I'll just wear them anyway, so it's not a really big deal but talk about taking your sewing ego down a peg or two! HA!

Sunshine
Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #2021
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is really great news! I can't imagine having to wait it out for so long between calls. I hope the surgery goes smoothly and wish for a quick recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post
Oh Diane! That is WONDERFUL news! HURRAY HURRAY!!! Praying now that he has an easy recovery after the surgery.

So, I tried to sew up a super simple project. I've been needing/wanting some fleece pj pants for me. Made pj pants at least a dozen (or more) times. Easy, right?

yes, easy to SCREW UP! LOL. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out where I went astray. For some odd reason I managed to get the outseam showing on just ONE leg. And I TRIED to turn them this way and that when sewing and have them match up but never could get it to work. So every other seam is inside, but then one random seam is exposed on the side. I lucked out that my serger thread happened to match the project. Since they are just pj pants I'll just wear them anyway, so it's not a really big deal but talk about taking your sewing ego down a peg or two! HA!

Sunshine
Whenever I think something is easy I end up screwing it up worse than ever. So frustrating. I would totally wear the messed up seamed pants. Remember my 3rd time wasn't the charm stupid safari Minnie shirt? Yeah, I wear that. What a mess that thing was. I did salvage it by doing another minnie on felt and sewing it over the least-screwed up one, which worked for photos, and might have stopped a bullet it was so thick!

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #2022
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks so much, Wendy
I hope you will continue to feel better Wendy. I hope the nausea will go away quickly and maybe you can plan a trip to Disney World when you feel better! I hope you can get a nutritionist to help you with your dietary needs.

Thank you for the update on Steve. It sounds like he will be in good hands for the surgery. Please know that his family is in my prayers.

Quote:
Thank you for the update Diane. I am sure it was a very stressful time for all of you. I am relieved to hear that it is benign. I hope your husband will have a speedy recovery after his surgery and the final tests come back clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post

Sunshine
Well, you can always call that seam a design feature! In some ways it is comforting to know that I am not the only one who does goofy things like that.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:24 AM   #2023
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so relieved to hear the tumor is benign. I know you, yourself, have been through an ordeal with cancer and I so hated to see you have to go through it again with your dh. I am beyond elated for your dh and family .

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #2024
love to stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That is good news. I'll be praying for the surgery to go well.

love to stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #2025
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Thanks everybody! The surgery has been re-scheduled for a week from tomorrow. I am anxious to get past it and have my husband back to his old self. I'm hoping to do some sewing today. I need the creative outlet!

BTW, I got my scrap box from the Fat Quarter Shop. It had some nice pieces of fabric in it. Most things were 1/4 to 1/2 yard pieces. There were a few larger pieces and several very small pieces. Now I will have to figure out what to do with the pieces. I love a challenge like that!

Also, I don't know if any of your kids are American Girl fans or not. There is a special offer today only on Marie Grace and Cecile plus the canopy bed. You can get each doll and the bed for $50 apiece. That is something like 60% off. You have to use this link:
http://store.americangirl.com/agshop...d/1798/uid/950

And put in the code JILLOFFER when you check out.

Last edited by dianemom2; 12-05-2012 at 08:48 AM.
dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: