Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #1996
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyasiegel View Post
Hi Everyone,

First time posting here in this thread as I don't know how to sew. Anyways I bought some of that disney fabric that you can make super quick sun dresses where its smocked/elastic on top. I got them sewn together for the dress but I would like to add some ties on each shoulder to help it stay up a little better. What should I buy to make those ties? I hope you know what I am talking about.

Thanks for any help that you can offer me
Ashley
Most people use ribbon. You can use grosgrain or satin ribbon. (Satin seems to come untied a little more often) You can knot one end and stitch the other to the dress.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #1997
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

I promised pics....here ya go! Still have 11 more shirts, and two hoodies to go.

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #1998
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
I wanted to come on and update everybody what's going on with my husband. He had his biopsy on Friday morning. It was quite early and we were home by around 10:00. By 11:30, we'd already had a call from DH's surgeon moving up the surgery by 2 weeks. We haven't been told the results of the biopsy but are quite scared that they are something very bad. The various doctors have mentioned a concern about the possibility of this being a very rare and deadly form of thyroid cancer so am I very anxious to find out the biopsy results. Not knowing one way or the other is very hard. No matter what it is, my DH will be having surgery very early on Tuesday morning.
Please know you and your DH are in our thought and prayers. I can't imagine how scary this must be for both of you, I'm so sorry your going through it and will pray that the surgery is successful and recovery is swift.

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

First time posting here in this thread as I don't know how to sew. Anyways I bought some of that disney fabric that you can make super quick sun dresses where its smocked/elastic on top. I got them sewn together for the dress but I would like to add some ties on each shoulder to help it stay up a little better. What should I buy to make those ties? I hope you know what I am talking about.

Ashley
I used a matching ribbon, attached it in the center from (wrong side) and tied it around the neck.

Misty ~ Your shirts look great!

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #1999
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
Hi everyone,

We're still here at WDW, but the room wifi is so bad I haven't been able to upload anymore pictures. I'll have a bunch to share after we're home.

We didn't have time for pictures or to chat, but I briefly got to meet THE Heather Sue today! We're at the same park tomorrow too, so hoping to have more time to chat!

Off to do laundry.

Regards,
C.
How fun to be able to meet Heather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins_jazy View Post
My hoodies i have been working on.....

Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post

Love everything you made. I especially love the last one with the piping and ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney52303 View Post

We are loving Boardwalk!!!
Looks great, have a fun trip!!

Quote:
I wanted to come on and update everybody what's going on with my husband. He had his biopsy on Friday morning. It was quite early and we were home by around 10:00. By 11:30, we'd already had a call from DH's surgeon moving up the surgery by 2 weeks. We haven't been told the results of the biopsy but are quite scared that they are something very bad. The various doctors have mentioned a concern about the possibility of this being a very rare and deadly form of thyroid cancer so am I very anxious to find out the biopsy results. Not knowing one way or the other is very hard. No matter what it is, my DH will be having surgery very early on Tuesday morning.
I will definately be praying for both of you on Tuesday. Hopefully this will bring answers to you sooner as well as relief after the surgery is completed.

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Ashley
Welcome. I was going to suggest ribbon as well. Do you have a sewing machine or would you be doing this by hand? If you have a sewing machine this would be a great start for you to learn how to sew!

Quote:
I promised pics....here ya go! Still have 11 more shirts, and two hoodies to go.

Great job. I love the scarf and the Christmas shirts!!

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 AM   #2000
ban26ana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's so scary. You and your husband will be in my prayers.

Quote:

I LOVE the Christmas shirts!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #2001
love to stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm praying for your family.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #2002
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I am so far behind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I picked up a few remnants of fleece to use with the Carla C Raglan Hoodie pattern I picked up on sale at YMCT the last time they had a sale. I got this Hulk fleece, enough of it to make 3 of the hoodies, one for my 5.5 year old nephew and one for each of my 3 year olds for $6. I also got the dark green, I had the black. For under $10 I got enough fleece to make 3 of these! Win!

This is the one for my nephew, who is a large kindergartener, modeled by one of my 3 year olds who wears about 3-4 sizes smaller than the nephew, hence the comically large shirt.

The pattern was super easy and went together really fast, I should have no problem whipping up the others in time for Christmas. I always see fleece in the remnant rack and never knew what to do with it, now I will have to keep a lookout, since we do have a fair number of cold months around here.
This is so cute! I love that you made it with fleece... There are sooo many cute fleece fabrics out there, and I always want to make something with them. Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
Thanks - I couldn't remember if I had posted Thanksgiving or not.

Friday 11/23 - Magic Kingdom again. I didn't actually make these outfits. I bought them on Zulily. I am not thrilled with the quality however as the skirt separated from the yoke halfway through the day and this was the first time she work it.

IMG_7212 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

And last but not least - Saturday 11/24 at Epcot. I love these dresses. I love the elastic casing in the back. The dress really came together very nicely and they looked so cute in them.

IMG_7297 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

And just to show off the back of the dress

IMG_7295 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

IMG_7373 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr
I love how all of these turned out. Such a bummer that the one outfit came apart so quickly.

Quote:
3 t-shirt for my nephew to wear on their trip to Disney

A new dress pattern. It is called the Butterfly dress. It was a great pattern and I'm planning to make at least a couple more.

And then this one is the Oliver+S Ice cream dress pattern that I used a couple of weeks ago. I increased the width of the bottom part of the dress so that it was twirlier. I think that the dress needs something but I can't figure out what.
Love everything! I've been thinking of you.

[QUOTE=babynala;46810909]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Sharing a couple things I made in the past few weeks that I haven't shared on this thread and not everyone is on FB or goes to my trip report.

Monsters Inc Set

Vanellope Tee

Peri and Tink

Jasmine and Genie

So sad my Art Gallery Poetica fabric is dwindling and I love it for Princesses though I do have a different line I am crushing on.
Did you post these in your PTR? If so, I missed them. Love how they all turned out - love the fabric you used for Aladdin!

Quote:
OK - seriously - I need to find this embroidery design and pay someone to embroider a sweatshirt for Alli for our next trip... She is also an Up! fan and would be TDF for this! Great job - I just love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Hello all! been MIA from looking at all your beautiful creations for much to long!

I do have some special news to share, especially with everyone who helped us with our Hugs from Megan blanket project for the Orphanage in Haiti....Megan and I will be going done Jan 4 - 6 for the dedication!!! we are so blessed to be able to do this and we will be visiting the Hotel Montana and memorial garden as well...it will be a bittersweet trip for us with dealing with our emotions of being where my Jim died and the happiness of the dedication.

Thank you again to everyone who helped with the blankets, I know they will bring many smiles to the children...unfortunately I don't think we will be able to meet them when we go since they won't be quite ready for them!
Lisa, I am so glad you are able to take this bittersweet trip... Please know that you and Megan are in my thoughts.

Quote:

Test post. Nothing like last minute lol. We leave tomorrow!!! These are for Saturday and I packed our Mickey tye dyes for Sunday.
These are awesome! I hope you're having a great time!

Quote:
Ok, so there is the updated version of the Tinkerbell Oliver+S dress. I do think that the pockets helped.
I like the added pockets and I really love the RicRac on this dress.

I have nothing of my own to share, just trying to catch up.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #2003
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
Hi everyone,

We're still here at WDW, but the room wifi is so bad I haven't been able to upload anymore pictures. I'll have a bunch to share after we're home.

We didn't have time for pictures or to chat, but I briefly got to meet THE Heather Sue today! We're at the same park tomorrow too, so hoping to have more time to chat!

Off to do laundry.

Regards,
C.
How awesome Carrie! I would love to meet Heather someday. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your trip.

Quote:
My hoodies i have been working on.....
These hoodies are fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
So, I guess I should share my shirts I made for myself. pardon the cruddy pics and hopefully I will get better one's once we are there and I actually wear them. Both of these shirts are shown pre-hemmed.

And the dress I just had to make once the idea popped into my head. i just did a quick rolled hem until Know how long I want it and I am undecided about maybe adding a ruffle to the bottom. I will be making a cape to match with red lining and a sparkly light pink outside and another (for the copy of this dress I will make wiht slight changes) with red polka dots outside. Both will have an MM embroidered on the collar and the pink one will have an applique of Minnie on the back of cape.

detail of the extra I added to the ties and the piping down the front.

I love everything! What is that pattern you used? It's super flattering on you.

Quote:

We are loving Boardwalk!!!
Adorable!!!

Quote:
You are just cruising along - I can't believe all the great items you are making!

D~ <---- Still nothing of my own to share (I've been on vacation...)
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #2004
MisKaren1
Earning My Ears

Amazon Deal

Hi! I'm totally a lurker, but thought of the Disboutiquers when I saw this Amazon lightning deal:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
MisKaren1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #2005
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I am so far behind...

This is so cute! I love that you made it with fleece... There are sooo many cute fleece fabrics out there, and I always want to make something with them. Great idea!

OK - seriously - I need to find this embroidery design and pay someone to embroider a sweatshirt for Alli for our next trip... She is also an Up! fan and would be TDF for this! Great job - I just love it!

D~
Now that I have figured out how easy that hoodie pattern is I have picked up a ton more fleece on remnants, since kids are small usually a yard or less works. I only have to attach hoods to 4 more I have made in the past couple days. Two are for my kids playmates who have a birthday saturday. My kids have a playgroup with 6 other sets of twins, and of the 7 sets, 5 have birthdays in november and december, so in addition to Christmas, I am making a ton of twin gifts.

The UP embroidery came from Heather Sue, she also has the Wilderness Explorer logo. I made the sweatshirt for a friend for her birthday, she wore it when we were in WDW last month and got a ton of comments on it. I lucked out and found the purple hoodie on clearance at Target, so I don't know how easy purple would be to find, but PM me and I would be happy to help you out. I already have the files.

Hoping to get the tree up and the house decorated today, also fit in grocery shopping and sewing. We have a twin day birthday party tomorrow in addition to the one saturday. Lots to do!

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #2006
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Diane,

I'm sure you won't be spending much time here (unless it's a needed diversion) but I wanted to let you know that your husband, you, your family, and his medical team are in my thoughts and prayers.

You're so right about the 'not knowing' being the hardest part.

Shalom,
Cheryl

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #2007
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20

Diane,

I'm sure you won't be spending much time here (unless it's a needed diversion) but I wanted to let you know that your husband, you, your family, and his medical team are in my thoughts and prayers.

You're so right about the 'not knowing' being the hardest part.

Shalom,
Cheryl
I am still new here but your also in my prayers

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #2008
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I would wait to wash for a patchwork twirl but I wash everything as soon as it comes in the door so I am always ready to start something.
Me too - straight from the shopping bags/shipping boxes into the washer. I have nightmares about something shrinking weird.

Quote:

The shirts are great, but I have to ask...the houndstooth - Alabama fan? I live in Alabama and that's all I think when I see any houndstooth anything.

Dianemom2 - prayers for strength for your family and that the worst part of the whole experience will be the not knowing.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #2009
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Ashley
I would suggest using grosgrain ribbon as they don't fray as easily as some other materials.

Quote:
Looks like you have been busy! I really like how those scraves turned out!

Quote:
Now that I have figured out how easy that hoodie pattern is I have picked up a ton more fleece on remnants, since kids are small usually a yard or less works. I only have to attach hoods to 4 more I have made in the past couple days. Two are for my kids playmates who have a birthday saturday. My kids have a playgroup with 6 other sets of twins, and of the 7 sets, 5 have birthdays in november and december, so in addition to Christmas, I am making a ton of twin gifts.

Hoping to get the tree up and the house decorated today, also fit in grocery shopping and sewing. We have a twin day birthday party tomorrow in addition to the one saturday. Lots to do!
5 sets of twins' birthday gifts adds up in a hurry! I am sure that will keep you busy for a while. I hope you were able to decorate and finish grocery shopping today.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #2010
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!! I love seeing all the holiday cheer come out in those adorable outfits!!!

Well, last week instead of going to Disney, I had my gallbladder out on Friday. Woo hoo....no comparison to Disney. But its over and hopefully my body will be better than new. Right now I have lots and lots of nausea, which is discouraging, because that is one of my pre surgery symptoms!!! I also hope they will recommend a nutritionist for me as I am truely afraid to eat!! I've lost a ton of weight and want to keep it off too!!! I have a gurgly cough now, and it hurts to cough so I squeeze a stuffed animal and try not to cough so it doesnt hurt!! lol...

I have been getting some questions about how my cousin Steve is - thank you for keeping him in your prayers. He got a gtube on Thursday, and was discharged from the hospital at noon today - went straight to the radiologist who put on his radiation tattoos and that will start on Monday. He meets with the oncologist on Wednesday....whew!!! This is moving fast, but we are encouraged that his surgeon at HUP in Philly does this surgery (his will be in Feb or march) 80-100 times/year!!!! the norm for most places is 3x/year!!

QUestion - someone was super busy, and unable to do the eye spy bags for Shawn Broolkyn's big give - would anyone be able to fill in for her? Would also love some tie dye shirts as they are one of mom's favorite things!!!

Thanks so much, Wendy

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: