Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #1981
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

thanks Sunshine
Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #1982
smile5sunshine
Think of the happiest thing, it's the same as having wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post

what a great deal on the fleece! came out super cute! Congrats on the new serger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post

Here is what I've worked on so far this week:

the butterfly dress is super cute! I had eyed that pattern but didn't jump on that sale quick enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban26ana View Post
I am a long-time lurker, sporadic poster. I finished my first ever peasant dress! This will be for my 3 year old for BBB on December 30. The whole trip is a surprise, so I couldn't try it on. But it's exactly the length of her night gowns, so I think it will fit.

this came out so cute! I know your little princess will LOVE wearing it on her surprise trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post

Grrr! I haven't started on my 8 dog shirts yet and wanted to today, but instead I need to take our 17 year old cat to the vet (I have totally procrastinated since money is so tight, but he's throwing up too much for my taste) and then I want to go grocery shopping before pay day so the lines aren't too long (only the military folks may understand that one).

And then dd wants a Germany outfit for her Christmas show -- does anyone know where I can get an applique for the flag? It would be easy to do by hand since it's stripes, but I'm not sure what thread colors to use where the black meets the red and the red meets the gold. I think Heather's Mickey heads would be too whimsical for this.
Hi! I hope your kitty is doing better and that you've made some progress on those 8 birthday shirts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post

The little guy I made that shirt for spent Sunday evening in the ER. He leaned on the glass fireplace and ended up with second degree burns on both hands! He's 3. My daughter was applying lotion after his bath and he just randomly leaned on the glass. She had to take him yesterday to the children's burn unit in DC where they broke the blisters and medicated them and wrapped them again. The wraps have to stay on a week, but they were able to leave his thumbs and fingers out enough that he can use them. Never a dull moment!
Oh no! Praying his hands heal quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug0506 View Post
I am sure that this has been asked 100 times but I can't seem to find an answer and thought maybe someone here could help. We are taking DS2 to Disney next week and my quilter MIL has agreed to make him a signature quilt as a keepsake of his first visit. I have read that the characters have an easier time signing with a fatter pen. The first pen we tried was one of the micron pens but it is just so skinny. We have also considered a sharpie but I don't want the ink to run. Has anyone made a quilt like this and found a marker that not only shows up but is permanent and easy for the characters to sign with? Thank you so much for your help - I really, really appreciate it!
In addition to using fabric markers and freezer paper on the back to stabilize the pre-cut squares, I remember that Nini also suggested using MASKING tape to tape off your seam allowances, otherwise some of the characters might use the entire square to sign and then when you go to sew them together some parts of the signatures will be cut off/hidden in the seam allowances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_jude View Post
Just wanted to share a Muppet themed dress I made for a United Way silent auction at work as well as chime in with answers on some of the questions on design sizes and thread and applique fabric:

These are all 4x4 designs on a size 4 Simply Sweet done with a variety of fabrics - Big Bird is a knit, Grover's nose is furry and the rest are cotton or cotton/poly blends. The thread is both Coates and Gutermann (because that's what the Fabricland closest to me sells).

Judy
that dress is just darling! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Well, our kids and their families are back home now after a wonderful TG together. I did get a chance to have my DGD try on her Chirstmas outfit and she loved it! She didn't want to take it off and wore it all day on Thanksgiving. On the opposite side of the spectrum, my DGS wouldn't even try his shirt on! I was hoping to see how this one fit since I have material to make him a couple more for Christmas gifts, but he wanted nothing to do with it! Oh well. Here are a few pics:

Glad your granddaughter liked her skirt set so much. It's cute so I can see why! And I LOVED the Christmas Mater shirt. Hopefully your DGS will warm up to it!

Well, I'm giddy because I actually get to go fabric shopping tomorrow and start on my friend's dresses for her trip! They will be leaving the day after Christmas but I have to be done by the 15th since that's when DH gets off of work and we head out to start our Christmas travels. She only wants 5 dresses, so I SHOULD have enough time (if I don't procrastinate too much!).

Sunshine
smile5sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #1983
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

We are loving Boardwalk!!!

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #1984
ban26ana
Mouseketeer

I can't get the quoting down, but everyone's creations are fabulous!!!

QUESTION: I am making 2 patchwork twirl skirts (Carla C's pattern) for my daughters. I wanted to start working on them today at work. (I'm extremely lucky that I have down-time and can do whatever I want.) But I forgot to wash the fabric. If I cut the pieces without washing, is it going to be a big deal? Or should I just suck it up and wait?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #1985
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:

QUESTION: I am making 2 patchwork twirl skirts (Carla C's pattern) for my daughters. I wanted to start working on them today at work. (I'm extremely lucky that I have down-time and can do whatever I want.) But I forgot to wash the fabric. If I cut the pieces without washing, is it going to be a big deal? Or should I just suck it up and wait?

I would wait to wash for a patchwork twirl but I wash everything as soon as it comes in the door so I am always ready to start something.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #1986
ban26ana
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I hid it in my car, because it's all for a surprise trip. And the outfits are going to be from Santa. Oh well, I'll wash it tonight.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #1987
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post
Well, I'm giddy because I actually get to go fabric shopping tomorrow and start on my friend's dresses for her trip! They will be leaving the day after Christmas but I have to be done by the 15th since that's when DH gets off of work and we head out to start our Christmas travels. She only wants 5 dresses, so I SHOULD have enough time (if I don't procrastinate too much!).

Sunshine
It sounds like you have a few fun projects for the next couple of weeks! Please share the pictures when you are done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney52303 View Post

I am glad that you are having a great time. Thanks for sharing the picture of the outfits in action! Your models are so cute!

Quote:
I honestly haven't found it to be a big deal if I don't prewash the fabric. I don't always remember to prewash all my fabric so I often ended up with some prewashed pieces and unwashed pieces in my patchwork twirls. It has never caused me any problems. I do wash my creations before I mail them though.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #1988
ivey_family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney52303

That was YOU at AK today! I saw your Rosetta bag and Chase's shirt, but my boys were being so crazy, I didn't have a chance to strike up a conversation. Hope you all have a great trip!

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #1989
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

5 shirts done this evening! Yeah! I do remember how to use my embroidery machine. pics tomorrow when I hopefully get another 5 done.

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #1990
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I very rarely pre wash anything and never really had a problem.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #1991
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

I wanted to come on and update everybody what's going on with my husband. He had his biopsy on Friday morning. It was quite early and we were home by around 10:00. By 11:30, we'd already had a call from DH's surgeon moving up the surgery by 2 weeks. We haven't been told the results of the biopsy but are quite scared that they are something very bad. The various doctors have mentioned a concern about the possibility of this being a very rare and deadly form of thyroid cancer so am I very anxious to find out the biopsy results. Not knowing one way or the other is very hard. No matter what it is, my DH will be having surgery very early on Tuesday morning.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #1992
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2
I wanted to come on and update everybody what's going on with my husband. He had his biopsy on Friday morning. It was quite early and we were home by around 10:00. By 11:30, we'd already had a call from DH's surgeon moving up the surgery by 2 weeks. We haven't been told the results of the biopsy but are quite scared that they are something very bad. The various doctors have mentioned a concern about the possibility of this being a very rare and deadly form of thyroid cancer so am I very anxious to find out the biopsy results. Not knowing one way or the other is very hard. No matter what it is, my DH will be having surgery very early on Tuesday morning.
So sorry to hear this, its very nerve wracking not knowing. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry, I haven't posted. I get so far behind and then need my computer to catch up, which ends up taking eternity. I have loved so many things that have been posted. I will try to do better.
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #1993
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins_jazy View Post
5 shirts done this evening! Yeah! I do remember how to use my embroidery machine. pics tomorrow when I hopefully get another 5 done.
Great! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
This sounds very scary and the waiting must not be easy. I will be praying for your family, especially on Tuesday morning. I hope it is something benign.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #1994
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

I've been absent for a couple of days and don't have time to properly quote all the gorgeous work, but I did want to post after reading about Diane's dh....

DIANE: I am keeping your dh and family in my thoughts and prayers. If it is a bad cancer I hope the surgery gets everything and I truly wish your dh great success with the surgery and a pain free and speedy recovery. Please know I am thinking of you.

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #1995
ashleyasiegel
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone,

First time posting here in this thread as I don't know how to sew. Anyways I bought some of that disney fabric that you can make super quick sun dresses where its smocked/elastic on top. I got them sewn together for the dress but I would like to add some ties on each shoulder to help it stay up a little better. What should I buy to make those ties? I hope you know what I am talking about.

Thanks for any help that you can offer me
Ashley

April/May 2014: Pop Century l [/B]Dec 2012: Pop Century l Jan/Feb 2012: DD2 1st trip ASMovies l Sept 2010: All Star Music l Nov 2009: Pop Century/All Star Music l Nov 2009: Disneyland l Jan 2009: DD1 1st trip All Star Sports l May 2007: Off Site l April 2006: Off Site Herm's First Disney Trip
ashleyasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: