Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #166
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post

I don't know what options there Are for my machine. It's a singer, got for Christmas. It's basic but not low-end $350 range maybe? And according to their website there is only one ruffled. I ordered that. I hope it's the good kind!
There are frequently other options available. They may not be made by Singer but often they work just as well or even better and usually cost less too (which is such a nice bonus). Next time check ebay or do a search on google to see what other options come up.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #167
Sew into Disney
Mouseketeer

So I go and introduce myself a few weeks ago then fall off the boards. The house I was waiting to move into finally became mine. So I had to pack up everything in 24 hours and move.

I have been sewing non stop for the past week to finish up some dresses. I am in need of some help from you wonderful ladies. On the last big thread somewhere in the 200 range there was a Harry Potter t-shirt. I am looking for the embroidery that was on it. I thought I found it at Sweet Peas Places but it says there are no designs on that page. It was an HP with a flying snitch around it. Any ideas on where I can find this at?

I promise to be back to read through the pages and catch up. Because of this board and the ladies on it I have broken out my embroidery machine and have become creative in a new way.

I would love to post pictures but my laptop with all of the pictures died last night. I had to go get a new one today. Can I just say I much rather of purchased a new embroidery machine than a new laptop. LOL
Princess Danielle
Grand Babe
Lila

Last edited by Sew into Disney; 08-19-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Sew into Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #168
BorkBorkBork
Mouseketeer

I was gone all weekend and had to catch up on 5 pages, so there is WAY TMTQ but everything looks so great! I LOVE the UP hoodie!

I don't get why all these super cute kids-around-the-world styles go out of print so fast. You'd think they would realize the demand for them! Sorry for the huge pictures, but I thought you guys might be interested in these fabrics that I got last week from fabric.com. "What a World" line, the first one is a panel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiandi View Post
Put it in a bag for laundry and was on the gentle cycle on the shortest setting ( I have 4 min, 6 min, and 10 min on my washing machine). It's how I was all my belly dance coin skirts
Thank you for this tip, I was just going to ask! Love all the pirate skirts with the coin trim.

Me (32) DH(30) DD(3)
March 1987 (offsite)**May 2009: ASMu (pregnant with DD)**Sept 2011--free dining at POR!**Planning for Halloween 2013 at AoA/POFQ
BorkBorkBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #169
WyomingMomof6
Mouseketeer

Here are some things I have been working on lately.
Most of what I have done so far is Back-to-School stuff and I might be too late this year but that's ok.

[IMG
]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/shannonosmo/658.jpg[/IMG]

Etsy Store- AlexaBrookeFashions

Last edited by WyomingMomof6; 08-20-2012 at 11:09 AM.
WyomingMomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #170
WyomingMomof6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Thought you might like to see 2 pics we took last night of some of your disboutiquers...and one of these days I WILL be a disboutiquer as well! I SO want to SEW... and embroider!!

Rachel, Andrea /vbandrea, Lisa B/mommy2MRB, Megan (Lisa's daughter) Alexa in front of Megan (Andrea's daughter), D~/dmgeurts beside Megan, Marianne/mphalens in front of her, Me (Judy/blessedmom4) and my Lisa, Beth/blyssful, Liz/babynala, my sons David and Christian.
Jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMouseMom View Post
Finally took the pics off the camera:

For Stephanie:

Really cute!

Quote:

Love the Minnie Dress.

There's been so many cute things posted lately!

Old 08-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #171
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

I know I missed a lot of quotes but I have to say that everything is coming out so nice and it's great to see that everyone is so creative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorkBorkBork View Post
I don't get why all these super cute kids-around-the-world styles go out of print so fast. You'd think they would realize the demand for them! Sorry for the huge pictures, but I thought you guys might be interested in these fabrics that I got last week from fabric.com. "What a World" line, the first one is a panel:

Love that second fabric, I may have to check it out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyomingMomof6 View Post
I decided to try my hand at an etsy shop. I don't know if it will work out or not but it would be nice to offset some of the cost of Big Gives.
Most of what I have done so far is Back-to-School stuff and I might be too late this year but that's ok.
everything looks great, good luck ! Just a friendly warning, posting here that you will be selling these on Etsy is a no-no and might get you in trouble. I would make two separate threads about the cute clothes and then one later about opening your own Etsy shop.

Last edited by pyrxtc; 08-20-2012 at 07:52 AM.
pyrxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #172
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was gone all weekend and had to catch up on 5 pages, so there is WAY TMTQ but everything looks so great! I LOVE the UP hoodie!

]
I saw that world fabric when I was thinking I would make epcot mickey head shirts for my boys. I think it is really cute. Might have to pick some up since you know those worldly kids patterns seem to vanish!

Quote:
I decided to try my hand at an etsy shop. I don't know if it will work out or not but it would be nice to offset some of the cost of Big Gives.

[IMG

Very cute! Good luck with it. I too am trying my hand at etsy, I had to do something to offset the costs of all the appliqué designs I got, oh and the embroidery machine! I already have several requests from other moms in my twins club after they saw the minnie dress! Hooray. Nice thing about twin moms is they need two of everything. Unless, like me, you ARE that twin mom and need two of everything.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #173
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew into Disney View Post
I have been sewing non stop for the past week to finish up some dresses. I am in need of some help from you wonderful ladies. On the last big thread somewhere in the 200 range there was a Harry Potter t-shirt. I am looking for the embroidery that was on it. I thought I found it at Sweet Peas Places but it says there are no designs on that page. It was an HP with a flying snitch around it. Any ideas on where I can find this at?

I promise to be back to read through the pages and catch up. Because of this board and the ladies on it I have broken out my embroidery machine and have become creative in a new way.

I would love to post pictures but my laptop with all of the pictures died last night. I had to go get a new one today. Can I just say I much rather of purchased a new embroidery machine than a new laptop. LOL
Sorry that you have to go and buy a new laptop. It is hard to spend that much money on something that you are not that excited about! We had to replace one of our laptops last winter and we probably need to replace the other one (the one that I use) but we've been putting it off for a while now. I am glad that we've inspired you to break out your embroidery machine and become creative.

The embroidery design you are describing is one that I made. I haven't started selling my designs yet. Send me a private message and I will give you more information about it.

Quote:

[IMG

Everything is very, very cute! I hope that your shop does well. You might be just in time with the back to school items. Some schools don't start again until after Labor Day. My girls go back to school next week but some of the kids around here started school today.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #174
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

Oh! I so love the little girl dresses! My baby girl is 20 and won't wear them??, and I have a 7 year old grandson. I guess I just have to look and drool!
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #175
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Just wondering . . .

I'm thinking of getting an iPad3. I'm not very good about making decisions, so thought I'd ask if anyone else has one or something similar. (FWIW I don't have a smartphone.)

Quote:

I love the variety of what you're offering. Here's wishing you well.

Quote:
Nice thing about twin moms is they need two of everything. Unless, like me, you ARE that twin mom and need two of everything.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #176
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I love this fabric! If fabric.com runs out quiltshops.com has a ton of it. I just wish I could find the fabric that has the kids heads and country flags on it. Why must they discontinue fabric that we love?
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #177
karrierock
Mouseketeer

I'm back!

Hello Ladies and gentleman (if you're still here)!

I'm back after 5 years or so. Just decided last night we'll be going to Disney in October! So instead of sewing for one, now I'm sewing for 3, oh wait, my nieces are going too, make that 6! Once I figure out how to post pictures again, I'll post a few things I've made throughout the years.

Happy to be back!

Sept. 2003 My 1st trip Sept. 2007 First family vacation POP Oct. 2012 First family vacation with 3 kids! POP/AoA Jan 2013 Anniversary day trip POR Oct 2013 Disneyland First Timers!
Karrie Jim Sailor 8 Spinnaker 5 Marina 3

Last edited by karrierock; 08-21-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Added 2 more bananas. First post back and already broke a rule
karrierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #178
karrierock
Mouseketeer

A toy story Halloween

I think I figured out the picture thing, way easier than before! This was 2 years ago.

Sept. 2003 My 1st trip Sept. 2007 First family vacation POP Oct. 2012 First family vacation with 3 kids! POP/AoA Jan 2013 Anniversary day trip POR Oct 2013 Disneyland First Timers!
Karrie Jim Sailor 8 Spinnaker 5 Marina 3
karrierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #179
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
Haven't had anytime to work on any other project this weekend since I am trying to catch up on my sleep from my son's surgery yesterday. Everything went well except the coming out, we had a bit of pain control issue and then thanks to propofol sleep, nap time was TOTALLY screwed up! Sleep depravation meant a 10pm bedtime for both of us and so I needed a nap today, too! I feel like SUCH a slacker! Maybe I can do something tomorrow during naptime besides sleep myself He's eating like a horse (and stuff I'd not think he was ready for) already BUT not drinking enough at all! And we've started with a slight fever...with his immune status I have to keep telling myself it is because he needs to drink more while at the same time worrying tremendously we've got something brewing Maybe I can at least get to work on the spare room conversion into the craft room...need to make room for all the fabric I bought on Etsy before it shows up!
Glad everything went well and he continues to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMouseMom View Post
For Stephanie:

For Stephanie & me at Universal:

For me:

For my oldest for when we take her senior pics:

Everything looks great, I love the flip flop one and the Minnie Tink!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]
SO SWEET!

I think Andrea and Lisa would agree it has been great to be together with good friends! It was nice to see they were as genuine in person as they are on the boards! Of course, Lisa and I had already met and knew that about each other!
Thank you! Glad you are all having a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeB View Post
There is nothing I love more than looking at old family pictures so I thought I'd share a few that might help you out. My dad is the oldest child in these photos and was born in 1951. I'm terrible at guessing baby age but my aunt and uncle were both born in May so you might be able to tell what season it is based on that. I have a feeling the last pic is around Christmas and the second one is in early Spring. Click for bigger pics.

Those are great too! My dad was also born in 1951.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post

I forgot that the reason I copied her instructions was because I thought about making them for Big Gives. Here's my first attempt.

I chickened out because the measurements for a real human were scaring me.

(This is my original American Grrrrrl doll.)
Love the American Grrrrrl Doll!!

Quote:

Love the fabrics. I want some but it goes back to I will buy it and then not want to cut into it knowing it's soon going to be hard to find.

Quote:

[IMG
]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/shannonosmo/th_658.jpg[/IMG]

Good luck. Everything looks great, I'm sure you will do well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
Just wondering . . .

I'm thinking of getting an iPad3. I'm not very good about making decisions, so thought I'd ask if anyone else has one or something similar. (FWIW I don't have a smartphone.)
I love mine. I have the original though but I use it almost everyday. It does a lot but also has it's limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrierock View Post
Hello Ladies and gentleman (if you're still here)!

I'm back after 5 years or so. Just decided last night we'll be going to Disney in October! So instead of sewing for one, now I'm sewing for 3, oh wait, my nieces are going too, make that 6! Once I figure out how to post pictures again, I'll post a few things I've made throughout the years.

Happy to be back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrierock View Post
I think I figured out the picture thing, way easier than before! This was 2 years ago.

Welcome back, love the outfits!

Today is the first day of school. It was quite the culture shock to have to go to bed early, get up early and get back into a routine.

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #180
WyomingMomof6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post

everything looks great, good luck ! Just a friendly warning, posting here that you will be selling these on Etsy is a no-no and might get you in trouble. I would make two separate threads about the cute clothes and then one later about opening your own Etsy shop.
Thanks for the warning! I didn't know that was against the rules as long as you weren't directly trying to sell on the thread. I modified my post and my etsy id is in my siggie.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: