Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #151
MinnieMouseMom
BL II - Red Team
WISH Biggest Loser
Knows resistance is futile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseEarsForAll View Post
The Perry skirt is so awesome!

- MouseEarsForAll
Thank you!

Disneyland-'79, '85, '97, '99, '00, '02, '05, '08-offsite
Disneyland-'03-Grand Californian
Disneyland Hotel-'10
WDW-Honeymoon '93-Swan
All-Star Movies-'05
Polynesian-Honeymoon Suite-'05
CBR-'09
POR-'12

MinnieMouseMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #152
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I didn't grab all of the quotes; however, I dearly LOVED seeing the latest pics, especially the vintage pics. I had the pleasure of seeing Andrea's pirate skirt on photobucket tonight (along with some FABULOUS other creations! I love Andreas work and she can do such a variety of things...amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
Thank you. That is awesome!
I agree, Andrea is so good!!!
Hope you all are having fun!
Andrea, Lisa and I are having a blast...I am sorry Andrea has to leave tomorrow. We greatly missed Amy/4monkeys, Michelle/miprender and Chiara/cogero though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post
Specifically, I'm going to pin this on PIPER and pyrxtc......

All this vintage pattern posting and nostalgic talk of dressing in the 50's MADE me just spend about $45 on vintage patterns so I can have a "50's inspired Christmas"! So come December, my family shall look like we came out of a Norman Rockwell drawing! Once all the patterns get here, I'll take a picture and post what I purchased.

I can't wait to see pics!

Thanks for popping in and sharing! I hope you all are having such a wonderful visit together.
Sunshine
Today has been the best day yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
I think I would have passed out from the heat. When it gets really muggy ---> like it was this week I always think of Scarlet Ohara and all those Southern Belles wearing all those clothes.

Like me my friend???? Well fiddle dee dee! That is why they took naps in the afternoon, so they wouldn't pass out from the clothes...

I tried once and screwed up with my fabric. Andrea & Purple Ears are the queens of these skirts.

I agree!
Flora, Andrea, Lisa and I were talking about you today...we miss you!

LOVE THIS SKIRT

I KNOW!!! I love to look at it!

You guys are having a ball eating out and shopping
We have been eating at casa Judy's since they arrived. Shopping? Lisa and Andrea went to two of the stores this AM...that is the only shopping, other than groceries we did though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMickey View Post
I love her patchworks skirts too. I saved it this time in case my boys ever change their minds.

That is too funny!!!

I know I've quoted on this before but I love this skirt and always enjoy seeing the pictures!!

It is one of those things that I can't get enough of looking at!

Thanks for posting these. Looks like you all are having a blast, wish I could have joined you!
Awww, that would have been great! There has been a lot of enjoyable times for my crew, that is certain.

SO SWEET!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAMom View Post
I believe the original idea of coins came from Andrea. They look great!
Saw that pic tonight and LOVED it!

OK I'm just a little jealous that you got to meet and spend some time with Andrea. I am also over the moon happy to hear that Lisa is shopping!! I'm glad she is feeling well and has recovered from her last surgery!
I know, right!?!!! She is amazing. It wasn't my Lisa who went shopping, it was Lisa B/mommy2mrb and Andrea. My Lisa is only 3 weeks post op and is still recovering. But she is tough, I have to remind her to take things easy. I am sorry to day her wound is still open from the surgery and it is healing from the inside out. No strenuous activity for her yet. She DID sing for the ladies last night though.

What a great picture, I hope you all have a great time!!!
I think Andrea and Lisa would agree it has been great to be together with good friends! It was nice to see they were as genuine in person as they are on the boards! Of course, Lisa and I had already met and knew that about each other!
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell95 View Post
Eeep! I hope I'm not stepping on any toes. I hadn't seen hers before I made mine. I wish I had, I would have used her idea to have the coins be removable. I'm afraid to wash it!
I am sure Andrea would be flattered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
This skirt is TDF!!! I LOVE IT...too bad I have a little boy
The pics really don't do it justice, either.

Super cute! I'd have only thought of something with balloons for up! Love the hoodie!

Haven't had anytime to work on any other project this weekend since I am trying to catch up on my sleep from my son's surgery yesterday. Everything went well except the coming out, we had a bit of pain control issue and then thanks to propofol sleep, nap time was TOTALLY screwed up! Sleep depravation meant a 10pm bedtime for both of us and so I needed a nap today, too! I feel like SUCH a slacker! Maybe I can do something tomorrow during naptime besides sleep myself He's eating like a horse (and stuff I'd not think he was ready for) already BUT not drinking enough at all! And we've started with a slight fever...with his immune status I have to keep telling myself it is because he needs to drink more while at the same time worrying tremendously we've got something brewing Maybe I can at least get to work on the spare room conversion into the craft room...need to make room for all the fabric I bought on Etsy before it shows up!
I am so sorry your son needed surgery. I missed why; however, please know my thoughts are with you both for a speedy recovery!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #153
Yoshiandi
Just working for my next Disney fix..

[QUOTE=campbell95;45862837]These look fantastic!! I think I may have posted the first pirate skirt with the coins in the last version of this thread. I love seeing all the new ones, too! I adore these color combinations!

Can I ask what you used instead of a ruffle? Is that bias tape or some other edging? I really hate making ruffles, but I love the style of the ruffle pop skirt. I like how yours looks with just the brown border!

Yep... I am not a ruffle fan either. Bias tape!!! Love it for this skirt. I have made a few of them already and each are a bit different and I used different colored bias tape on one for a contrast.

Yoshiandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #154
Yoshiandi
Just working for my next Disney fix..

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell95 View Post
Eeep! I hope I'm not stepping on any toes. I hadn't seen hers before I made mine. I wish I had, I would have used her idea to have the coins be removable. I'm afraid to wash it!
Put it in a bag for laundry and was on the gentle cycle on the shortest setting ( I have 4 min, 6 min, and 10 min on my washing machine). It's how I was all my belly dance coin skirts

Yoshiandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #155
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
It's looking cute so far but I am in ruffle h-e-double-hockeysticks having never ruffled anything before, it's a whole new world...)

I did finish one thing I loved, it was simple but it was a birthday gift for a friend who is going to Disney World with our family. She is nuts for UP but no fabric exists in this universe I guess for UP, so I improvised with a clearance hoodie from Target and some cute appliqués. She loved it. I think it turned out great. I picked up two more of these hoodies for projects for me, someday.

Love the sweatshirt! That's very cute! I definitely feel your ruffling pain. There are a couple of methods that might make things easier. You can experiment with them. Some people tighten the tension to create ruffles. I've used the clear elastic method to make ruffling easier. And of course, you can buy a ruffling foot. They are a bit expensive (in the $30 to $40 dollar range) but if you are doing a lot of ruffles, they are worth it. The best tip to gathering your ruffles is to use a different color thread for your bobbin. Then you know which thread to pull on to make gathering easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMouseMom View Post
Finally took the pics off the camera:

For Stephanie:

For Stephanie & me at Universal:

For me:

For my oldest for when we take her senior pics:

Thanks everyone for all the inspiration!!
Everything is super cute! Did you use a pattern for the ruffles skirts? They are adorable! And I love the Minnie mouse graduation shirt!

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #156
MinnieMouseMom
BL II - Red Team
WISH Biggest Loser
Knows resistance is futile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post

Everything is super cute! Did you use a pattern for the ruffles skirts? They are adorable! And I love the Minnie mouse graduation shirt!
Thanks! I used http://www.danamadeit.com/2012/03/tu...red-skirt.html for the skirt.

Disneyland-'79, '85, '97, '99, '00, '02, '05, '08-offsite
Disneyland-'03-Grand Californian
Disneyland Hotel-'10
WDW-Honeymoon '93-Swan
All-Star Movies-'05
Polynesian-Honeymoon Suite-'05
CBR-'09
POR-'12

MinnieMouseMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #157
GrammytoMany
Mouseketeer

Good Morning! Trying to keep up...I just read through the last 4 pages. Super cute outfits!!!!!!! I love the Classic 50s look. Can't wait to see what you end up making. Well, I need to get busy and finish a sewing project.
Sheila
GrammytoMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #158
MaeB
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Do you mind me picking your brain and asking what BOYS wore, specifically in the winter??? I found a little suit pattern (coat, vest, slacks) but must admit that I am PINING over the little overall SHORT sets with the knee socks. I think of that as quintessentially 50's for boys, but I doubt they wore shorts in the winter/cold months. However, I can't recall any pictures I've seen. If it helps, I'm talking of a toddler who will be two come Christmas time.
There is nothing I love more than looking at old family pictures so I thought I'd share a few that might help you out. My dad is the oldest child in these photos and was born in 1951. I'm terrible at guessing baby age but my aunt and uncle were both born in May so you might be able to tell what season it is based on that. I have a feeling the last pic is around Christmas and the second one is in early Spring. Click for bigger pics.

Last edited by MaeB; 08-19-2012 at 10:54 AM.
MaeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #159
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

I started to quote but there is just too much! Back from our Magic cruise yesterday and I just got caught up on the last 11 pages! We got lots of compliments and my FE gifts went over well! I saw several people using my bags during the week! And I got sooooo many compliments on my Rosetta. I want to make Christmas and cruise themed ones next I think lol. I adore the cruise cruise one that was posted!

We booked another cruise onboard (11/2013) and added on to our DVC membership, I think I am in shock. So one of our 2013 stays (cruise is a 3 nighter we tacked on) will be at AKL!

Next up are beginning thoughts of holiday outfits and I bought all the material for DD's Princess Grace dress. She chose all the fabrics. I have also made a couple tutu dance bags for gifts and DD's dance watcher said she will share a photo in her next newsletter, yay!

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #160
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Love the sweatshirt! That's very cute! I definitely feel your ruffling pain. There are a couple of methods that might make things easier. You can experiment with them. Some people tighten the tension to create ruffles. I've used the clear elastic method to make ruffling easier. And of course, you can buy a ruffling foot. They are a bit expensive (in the $30 to $40 dollar range) but if you are doing a lot of ruffles, they are worth it. The best tip to gathering your ruffles is to use a different color thread for your bobbin. Then you know which thread to pull on to make gathering easier.
The Ruffling was not my favorite. I followed the directions in the CarlaC Simply sweet pattern about adjusting the tension and long stitches and it was still incredibly tedious. Literally half way through the first ruffle I was on amazon ordering a ruffler foot! Luckily for my machine it was only $24. I think either I am doing something wrong or my machine is a little too good at auto-tensioning since I could not tell the difference between stitches at 1 tension and 6 or anything in between.

Quote:
Thanks for that tutorial, it's really cute.

Quote:

For Stephanie:

For me:

I really love the Perry skirt, everything looks great. I know it's not Disney but I love the Minions, those are SO CUTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
This skirt is TDF!!! I LOVE IT...too bad I have a little boy

Super cute! I'd have only thought of something with balloons for up! Love the hoodie!

Haven't had anytime to work on any other project this weekend since I am trying to catch up on my sleep from my son's surgery yesterday. Everything went well except the coming out, we had a bit of pain control issue and then thanks to propofol sleep, nap time was TOTALLY screwed up! Sleep depravation meant a 10pm bedtime for both of us and so I needed a nap today, too! I feel like SUCH a slacker! Maybe I can do something tomorrow during naptime besides sleep myself He's eating like a horse (and stuff I'd not think he was ready for) already BUT not drinking enough at all! And we've started with a slight fever...with his immune status I have to keep telling myself it is because he needs to drink more while at the same time worrying tremendously we've got something brewing Maybe I can at least get to work on the spare room conversion into the craft room...need to make room for all the fabric I bought on Etsy before it shows up!
Thanks on the UP sweatshirt. I originally thought of balloons too but didn't really find any fabric, believe it or not, with party type balloons. Lots of hot air balloons and fabric to make my own hot air balloon (in all my free time, no doubt.) so my plan to use sky/balloons fabric was out. So I went with the next best thing.

I hope your little guy is feeling better. I sent my husband to the zoo with my dynamic duo and have the whole house to myself to sew and relax and not have whining, begging, stealing food, fighting and other quality toddler behavior to deal with. It's pretty awesome.

I did finish one of two Minnie dresses for my friend's twin girls. Their Minnie Party is in a couple weeks for their 3rd birthday. I still need to do the ruffle and attach the skirt on the other dress, but I am taking a ruffle break!

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #161
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

SANDI S -- Your outfits and bags for your trip were amazing. Hope you got lots of comments on them.

Have your ever found yourself on Cedar Lane Road? My brother-in-law lives there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
Hi all!!! I was lurking and posted about finding fabric... I wanted to post an outfit I made ALL by myself!!!

I am not the pro you ladies are but I am trying. I made the applique and shorts tonight. I used a zig zag stitch to go around mickeys head. It was much harder than I thought it would be. I just have a regular sewing machine.

Thanks for letting me share!
They look great. Thanks for sharing them with us. I will always, always, love Mickey heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiandi View Post
Got these done yesterday afternoon!!! My thanks to whomever had originally posted the pirate skirt with the coins!!!

This is for my munchkin

For my princess

17 days and counting!!!
Love it! I have a few pirate fabrics that I need to use one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
Are there any pictures handy for her patchwork twirl?

Too cute!
I see Judy answered. Once upon a time she also posted an amazing one she did for her daughter in a patriotic theme/colors.

I forgot that the reason I copied her instructions was because I thought about making them for Big Gives. Here's my first attempt.

I chickened out because the measurements for a real human were scaring me.

(This is my original American Grrrrrl doll.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyhoff View Post
Hey everyone! I posted this picture of a Woody tee shirt on my FB page and now my friend wants me to make her son one. I ordered the belt buckle and badge pre-made from Etsy. However, I would like to get the files because I just bought my own embroidery machine. I can't find the files anywhere. Does anyone know where to purchase these? Heathersue has a buckle and badge, but I like this one with the border just a little better.
I can't be helpful, but I do love the shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Thought you might like to see 2 pics we took last night of some of your disboutiquers...and one of these days I WILL be a disboutiquer as well! I SO want to SEW... and embroider!!

Rachel, Andrea /vbandrea, Lisa B/mommy2MRB, Megan (Lisa's daughter) Alexa in front of Megan (Andrea's daughter), D~/dmgeurts beside Megan, Marianne/mphalens in front of her, Me (Judy/blessedmom4) and my Lisa, Beth/blyssful, Liz/babynala, my sons David and Christian.
What a happy crew.

Quote:

I love her patchworks skirts too. I saved it this time in case my boys ever change their minds.
Yes. One must always be prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAMom View Post
I am in NJ, how scary to have a baby driving all this way. Don't worry, I am on the look out!
He made it to Arkansas yesterday and is staying with a former submate for a couple days.

Quote:
I did finish one thing I loved, it was simple but it was a birthday gift for a friend who is going to Disney World with our family. She is nuts for UP but no fabric exists in this universe I guess for UP, so I improvised with a clearance hoodie from Target and some cute appliqués. She loved it. I think it turned out great. I picked up two more of these hoodies for projects for me, someday.

Perfect!

Quote:

For Stephanie:

For me:

I the Minnie with fairy wings.

Quote:

I did finish one of two Minnie dresses for my friend's twin girls. Their Minnie Party is in a couple weeks for their 3rd birthday. I still need to do the ruffle and attach the skirt on the other dress, but I am taking a ruffle break!

How bright and cheerful.

Enjoy your ruffle break. I'm currently on a ribbon break.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #162
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The Minnie dress looks great! One trick that I use on the bottom of a dress, if I don't feel like ruffling or hemming is to make a bottom band in a contrasting color. It isn't quite as pretty as a ruffle, but it is quick and easy plus it gives a nice pop of contrasting color at the hemline.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #163
ivey_family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
Hi all!!! I was lurking and posted about finding fabric... I wanted to post an outfit I made ALL by myself!!!

I am not the pro you ladies are but I am trying. I made the applique and shorts tonight. I used a zig zag stitch to go around mickeys head. It was much harder than I thought it would be. I just have a regular sewing machine.

Thanks for letting me share!
You're braver than I. Hand applique is intimidating to me, but it looks like you've done a great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiandi View Post
Got these done yesterday afternoon!!! My thanks to whomever had originally posted the pirate skirt with the coins!!!

This is for my munchkin

For my princess

17 days and counting!!!
Very cute set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyhoff View Post
Hey everyone! I posted this picture of a Woody tee shirt on my FB page and now my friend wants me to make her son one. I ordered the belt buckle and badge pre-made from Etsy. However, I would like to get the files because I just bought my own embroidery machine. I can't find the files anywhere. Does anyone know where to purchase these? Heathersue has a buckle and badge, but I like this one with the border just a little better.
That is darling! Please be sure to tell us how Woody reacts!

Quote:
Thought you might like to see 2 pics we took last night of some of your disboutiquers...and one of these days I WILL be a disboutiquer as well! I SO want to SEW... and embroider!!

[CENTER]
It sounds like everyone is having a great time! Hooray!

Quote:
Is the diaper cover for aesthetic purposes only, or does it need to be actually waterproof??

If it's just for looks, then you could always do it like you apply elastic to swimsuits: Sew the diaper cover together so that it looks right, but doesn't have the fitted legs. You also need to finish the seam some way here on the leg holes. Sew the elastic together to make a loop (you will have to fiddle with the length to cut the elastic, but I generally use my kiddo's leg as a guideline and make it so that it just rests around it, but not too tight since my kids then complain that the elastic hurts because it's digging into them). Once you have your loop of elastic, use a THREE STEP ZIG-ZAG stitch to sew the elastic down into the leg hole. You will need to stretch the elastic out (evenly....pin in quarters if you need help dividing up your elastic evenly) to meet up with the too big leg hole.

I hope that helped and didn't confuse you more. If it's for an actual functioning diaper cover, then there really is no other way other than making a casing or using FOE.

Sunshine
Yes, for esthetics only. Thank you for the idea. I get what you're describing. I think I've got another idea, but if that fails, I'll be trying this.

Quote:

This is adorable! I LOVE UP!

Quote:

For me:

Everything turned out great! I think this is my favorite.

Quote:
The Ruffling was not my favorite. I followed the directions in the CarlaC Simply sweet pattern about adjusting the tension and long stitches and it was still incredibly tedious. Literally half way through the first ruffle I was on amazon ordering a ruffler foot! Luckily for my machine it was only $24. I think either I am doing something wrong or my machine is a little too good at auto-tensioning since I could not tell the difference between stitches at 1 tension and 6 or anything in between.

Thanks for that tutorial, it's really cute.

Very pretty! That pink is fun!

I spent three hours working through Carla C's Ruffler Tutorial yesterday. After 4 different rufflers(!), I think I've got it figured out well enough to start using it to speed up some construction. Three of my rufflers were this style with a dial adjustment. I could never get them to loosen up to ruffle less than a factor of 2.5 times the original length. I finally tried one of this style with a screw adjustment, and it would do exactly as Carla describes, from very loose to much tighter ruffles. If you need to purchase one, I would highly suggest getting the type with a screw! You get a lot more control.

Regards,
C.

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #164
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family

You're braver than I. Hand applique is intimidating to me, but it looks like you've done a great job!

Very cute set!

That is darling! Please be sure to tell us how Woody reacts!

It sounds like everyone is having a great time! Hooray!

Yes, for esthetics only. Thank you for the idea. I get what you're describing. I think I've got another idea, but if that fails, I'll be trying this.

This is adorable! I LOVE UP!

Everything turned out great! I think this is my favorite.

Very pretty! That pink is fun!

I spent three hours working through Carla C's Ruffler Tutorial yesterday. After 4 different rufflers(!), I think I've got it figured out well enough to start using it to speed up some construction. Three of my rufflers were this style with a dial adjustment. I could never get them to loosen up to ruffle less than a factor of 2.5 times the original length. I finally tried one of this style with a screw adjustment, and it would do exactly as Carla describes, from very loose to much tighter ruffles. If you need to purchase one, I would highly suggest getting the type with a screw! You get a lot more control.

Regards,
C.
Hand appliqué is a gateway drug. Sure. I started out with a Mickey head or two. Then it just wasn't enough. Now I must have all the appliqués!

But I digress.

I don't know what options there Are for my machine. It's a singer, got for Christmas. It's basic but not low-end $350 range maybe? And according to their website there is only one ruffled. I ordered that. I hope it's the good kind!

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #165
smile5sunshine
Think of the happiest thing, it's the same as having wings!

Quote:
These probably won't help much but I posted yesterday I have been scanning my grandfathers slides into the computer. I came accross these two pictures taken in I believe 1952 of my father, grandmother and aunt. My dad is wearing a coat and I haven't found any pics taken without the coat but it kinda gives an idea of the look. I have a few of the shorts look too if you want to see those.

Oh those are so stinking cute! thank you so much for posting them. They DO help me get a better idea, THANK YOU!

Quote:
Been crazy busy with some projects (thanks everyone for your input on the simply sweet layering bodice thing. I went with the outer and a muslin liner. It's looking cute so far but I am in ruffle h-e-double-hockeysticks having never ruffled anything before, it's a whole new world...)

Up! was such a great movie, so it's no wonder that I LOVE this hoodie! I think it looks great and I'm sure your friend will appreciate it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
I'm sorry, never thought of myself as an enabler. I bought all of mine at yard sales or on Craigslist. I can't wait to see what you make. maybe by the time I make mine, I can convince one of my friends daughters to model it.
Ha ha, it's not REALLY your fault of course, but rather my random whims that got me into trouble. I wish that I could find vintage patterns, but I have ZERO luck at any thrift stores in my area and I never seem to find anything at yard sales either. I know it seems like I spent a bunch, but really I bought 5 patterns for that amount (I have 4 kiddos and I bought an extra boy short pattern) AND I know that I can also grade the patterns I bought up or down one size easily, so I believe I shall get my money's worth from them!

Quote:

For Stephanie:

For me:

WOW those are all SO GREAT! the skirts came out fabulous. You are going to really make a splash on your trip.

Quote:
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]

Today has been the best day yet!

I think Andrea and Lisa would agree it has been great to be together with good friends! It was nice to see they were as genuine in person as they are on the boards! Of course, Lisa and I had already met and knew that about each other!
I am just tickled (and a bit green!) that you all are having such a fabulous time together. I know it will be really hard when everyone has to go home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeB View Post
There is nothing I love more than looking at old family pictures so I thought I'd share a few that might help you out. My dad is the oldest child in these photos and was born in 1951. I'm terrible at guessing baby age but my aunt and uncle were both born in May so you might be able to tell what season it is based on that. I have a feeling the last pic is around Christmas and the second one is in early Spring. Click for bigger pics.

OH my golly, THANK YOU so much for posting these! LOVE it!

Quote:

Gosh this dress is ADORABLE!!! I love the M&M rubbing noses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post

I forgot that the reason I copied her instructions was because I thought about making them for Big Gives. Here's my first attempt.

I chickened out because the measurements for a real human were scaring me.

(This is my original American Grrrrrl doll.)

He made it to Arkansas yesterday and is staying with a former submate for a couple days.
HA HA HA HA!!! You always find the best models for your creations! Glad to hear your son arrived at his friend's safely.

Sunshine
smile5sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: