Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #46
CODisney
Earning My Ears

Yay!

Yay theres a thread. Howdy everyone!!! We had to change our sail date from Feb 1 to Feb 23 and I'm so glad I found our new cruise date family! DH and I are looking forward to setting sail on our first cruise... which we are kinda calling our baby moon We were already planning FE gifts for our Feb 1 trip and plan to carry that over to ya'll!!!! WHOOT!!!!! I am super excited to meet everyone! I didn't read all the post yet but is there a FB group??? WE CANT WAIT TO CRUISE!!

I just turned 25 on Friday and my DH is 26, we have 3 kitties that are like our children. I was a CP WDW cast member in 2007, DH came to visit and proposed while I was at WDW, I came home later that year to plan a wedding and get married. We went back for our Honeymoon Christmas of 2008. We are ready to get back to all the Magic they call DISNEY!!!!!!!!!

DCL Wonder Dec 2015

DCL Magic Feb 2013
WDW Honeymoon Dec 2008

DH: WDW May 2007
ME: Disneyland 3 times, WDW Cast Member 2007
CODisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #47
kelis
Mouseketeer

Hi! Welcome! Looks like we have another Texan in the crew?

Is it just you 2 sailing? Me and DH are not bringing the kids. Everyone keeps saying "Why are you going on a DISNEY cruise without your kids?!?!" They just don't get it. Haha.

We haven't created a Facebook group yet but Cece and I were talking about that. I am all for it.

BTW, I am the keeper of FE information, so I added you and your DH to my FE spreadsheet.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #48
CODisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelis
Hi! Welcome! Looks like we have another Texan in the crew?

Is it just you 2 sailing? Me and DH are not bringing the kids. Everyone keeps saying "Why are you going on a DISNEY cruise without your kids?!?!" They just don't get it. Haha.

We haven't created a Facebook group yet but Cece and I were talking about that. I am all for it.

BTW, I am the keeper of FE information, so I added you and your DH to my FE spreadsheet.
Yes we are about two hours west of Galveston on the coast! It is just us... No kids yet but one day. Disney is do ALL ages! I'm so excited to get away and have fun an relax! Thank you for adding us! I am a practicing DIY wife/one day mom so my gift plans are making some things I have in mind. We will see how that plays out as time goes on. 😊

DCL Wonder Dec 2015

DCL Magic Feb 2013
WDW Honeymoon Dec 2008

Old 08-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #49
kelis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODisney

Yes we are about two hours west of Galveston on the coast! It is just us... No kids yet but one day. Disney is do ALL ages! I'm so excited to get away and have fun an relax! Thank you for adding us! I am a practicing DIY wife/one day mom so my gift plans are making some things I have in mind. We will see how that plays out as time goes on. ?de0a
I am thrilled to get away for the cruise too! We've never cruised. We've also never been on a vacation alone before. I was 2.5 months pregnant with my twins when we got married and my OB forbid me from travelling, so we never got a honeymoon. They are almost 3 so I am ready!

I am excited to meet all the 2/23/12 cruisers.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #50
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

today I ATE fried chicken I will start the cruise diet on Thursday cause I have dinner dates with my grandkids at ChuckECheese on Tuesday and lunch on Wend with a friend .

I wanted to confess to my diet buddies .
Old 08-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #51
CODisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakefairy2u
today I ATE fried chicken I will start the cruise diet on Thursday cause I have dinner dates with my grandkids at ChuckECheese on Tuesday and lunch on Wend with a friend .

I wanted to confess to my diet buddies .
I hope to lose 40 pounds by the time we sail. My wedding didn't even motivate me to lose weight but a cruise sure has...lol. I have lost 12 pounds but got back to my bad habits which I'm sure did not help me keep it off.. But as of tomorrow we are back on our healthy eating habits once again!! Are y'all sharing progress?

DCL Wonder Dec 2015

DCL Magic Feb 2013
WDW Honeymoon Dec 2008

Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #52
kelis
Mouseketeer

I had 70 to lose and I am down 20. My biggest issue is that I love food and despise exercise. Specifically, I love sweets. Really, I am a meat and taters kinda girl and I hate veggies and fruit which does not bode well for dieting.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #53
CeCeGarrett
Mouseketeer

I've lost thus far.. only 65 to go. Good news is, I win the fatty contest

Welcome to our tiny meet board! I might be out of communication after Isaac shows his ugly face later today.

Keli... for your amusement and in the spirit of compulsive planning confession:
I washed EVERY pair of underwear in my house... that's 6 people. Just in case we lose power and it's out for week like Katrina - SO everyone can at least have clean butts. I am not normal. Most Gulf Coast folks here buy beer, bread and milk (I so dont get the milk part.. hello? power outtages?) and I wash underpants.

I could totally run this country. I think I missed my calling.

Many Blessings to my new DCL friends!
CeCeGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #54
CODisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeCeGarrett View Post
I've lost thus far.. only 65 to go. Good news is, I win the fatty contest

Welcome to our tiny meet board! I might be out of communication after Isaac shows his ugly face later today.

Keli... for your amusement and in the spirit of compulsive planning confession:
I washed EVERY pair of underwear in my house... that's 6 people. Just in case we lose power and it's out for week like Katrina - SO everyone can at least have clean butts. I am not normal. Most Gulf Coast folks here buy beer, bread and milk (I so dont get the milk part.. hello? power outtages?) and I wash underpants.

I could totally run this country. I think I missed my calling.

Many Blessings to my new DCL friends!

I hope the hit isnt as bad as everyone is saying... I think your take on 'prepared-ness' is fantastic! I could do a week without the need of bread and beer then I would a clean tush! That is going on my hurricane plan 'to-dos'.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

DCL Wonder Dec 2015

DCL Magic Feb 2013
WDW Honeymoon Dec 2008

Old 08-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #55
kelis
Mouseketeer

I started a group and in true Keli fashion I posted it as 2012 instead of 2013. I changed it though...I think.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/482023015150401/

ETA: It does, in fact, say 2013 now. YAY!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #56
CeCeGarrett
Mouseketeer

Checking in on here to say HOWDY! Has everyone found our facebook page? We are far more talkative on FB than here.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #57
disneymdtlp
Earning My Ears

First time cruising

My family has booked the Magic for 8/23/13. Hubby couldn't come but Nana, myself and three amazing kids can't wait. I think they are more excited about missing a week of school. First time cruise. Disney World was AMAZING!! I can't wait to see what Disney Cruise has in store. Kay
disneymdtlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #58
kelis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymdtlp View Post
My family has booked the Magic for 8/23/13. Hubby couldn't come but Nana, myself and three amazing kids can't wait. I think they are more excited about missing a week of school. First time cruise. Disney World was AMAZING!! I can't wait to see what Disney Cruise has in store. Kay
8/23 or 2/23 Just want to make sure. WELCOME! Are you the one that just joined the facebook group too?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #59
CeCeGarrett
Mouseketeer

If you're booked for 8/23 then you'll just have to book another for 2/23 because we would love to have you! I must say, all the Texans are making me homesick! Come on over and say hi on our Facebook page as well!

CeCe
Old 09-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #60
cruiser77
Earning My Ears

Few more joining you for this cruise from Texas!

There is going to be me, my DH, and our twin girls who will turn 3 just before the cruise.
I am also on CC boards roll call and next I'll try to find your group on FB

update: I send you a request to join on FB...

Last edited by cruiser77; 09-18-2012 at 07:36 PM.
cruiser77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feb 2013 magic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: