Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #1126
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Poked around a little bit tonight online and I noticed that unlike the free dining discount, the room discount is only good for certain dates, regardless of when you check in. If we move up our date to check in on the 16th we only get the discount for the whole trip. If we change the week then we can get a discount, but I doubt we could get ADRs and we would have to take my daughter out of school, which I really don't think is a good idea when she will be off the entire following week.

Don't know why I'm even looking at it. The trip is paid for. Spending money is saved. Not much left to do but have fun.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #1127
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569
Poked around a little bit tonight online and I noticed that unlike the free dining discount, the room discount is only good for certain dates, regardless of when you check in. If we move up our date to check in on the 16th we only get the discount for the whole trip. If we change the week then we can get a discount, but I doubt we could get ADRs and we would have to take my daughter out of school, which I really don't think is a good idea when she will be off the entire following week.

Don't know why I'm even looking at it. The trip is paid for. Spending money is saved. Not much left to do but have fun.
My husband told me to stop. Just keeps saying we got a good deal, and it will be paid soon. What can I say I am a bargain hunter. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't be going for the second time this year. I can save money going to a Value, but he said moderate is fine savings isn't that much. This is our first time staying on property. I will take my husbands advice and relax, and save some play money. Unless we have to change and go in January I am no longer looking or pricing resorts.
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #1128
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09

My husband told me to stop. Just keeps saying we got a good deal, and it will be paid soon. What can I say I am a bargain hunter. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't be going for the second time this year. I can save money going to a Value, but he said moderate is fine savings isn't that much. This is our first time staying on property. I will take my husbands advice and relax, and save some play money. Unless we have to change and go in January I am no longer looking or pricing resorts.
Yeah, last time when we went the discount after booking was enough to cover flights instead of driving. Of course, that was an off peak time too. Just by pure luck we booked this trip before the price increases and we aren't hopping this time so we are getting it cheaper to stay at AoA than if we booked now at POP or one of the other values.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #1129
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
The room only fall discounts/discounts aren't what I hoped they would be. And I never got a good room only pin, as I have for the last 3 years. So now I'm stuck with a decision to make and just want to make the decision and get it over with. But I need your thoughts to do so! I currently have 2 bookings: WL Woods View room with free dining, and the Dolphin using the teacher rate. (Neither of which we have ever stayed at before.)

For 8 nights, the WL free dining package will end up costing us around $3900. If I take the 20% off room only at WL for which only a higher class room is available, it will be $3400. (The FD is a no-brainer between those 2.) The Dolphin without dining will cost us (adding in transfers since no ME included and daily resort fee - but no parking fee) around $2800. Obviously, that means if we will eat over $1100 of food, WL FD is the better bet. I had us figured at around $800 in food. We were planning on just a couple of TS meals because after doing FD our last 2 trips decided (1) it doesn't fit our kids eating styles and (2) we don't like to be tied down to ADR times. (I can definitely see Disney's full force pushing of filling up the TS restaurants by making "free" dining the "best" deal right now.)

So really, it comes down to about $300 more to stay at WL over the Dolphin with all other costs being considered. Who thinks $300 is worth the: (1) full Disney magic, (2) boat convenience to MK and monorail instead of boat to Epcot and HS (we will spend equal time at all parks), (3) gorgeous Christmas lobby, (4) having the dining plan that we really didn't want to be tied down to, (5) staying at the resort that was our first choice to begin with, and (6) a trade off for MVMCP?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
I would take WL, $300 doesn't seem like enough to give up a 1st choice resort. Also, will you be taking advantage of EMH? That's not available with Dolphin, right? I'm biased, Smileybug has brainwashed meand I'm planning a WL stay for my next trip (Dec 2013) Plus, I'll be staying at Poly this trip, that's another "dark" resort, what do I know?
Old 08-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #1130
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
I thought Fantasmic was a fixed price of $34 something...and you got an appitizer, entree and dessert? unless im wrong
Yes, a fixed price, but you still order al la carte.(according to the Disney website anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
Only 84 days left, is it wrong to already be making a snack list of things I must have/try?
Are you kidding? That's so NOT wrong!!! My favorites are: one of the cinnamon rolls at the Main Street bakery as well as a cupcake (any of them) from Staring Rolls Cafe in HS. I love getting a sundae at the Main Street ice cream shop (to eat while watching Wishes) and I take home several of the rice crispy treats dipped in chocolate. Then there's that Werther's place in Germany at Epcot...so many goodies! I think you'll find you're in excellent company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
The room only fall discounts/discounts aren't what I hoped they would be. And I never got a good room only pin, as I have for the last 3 years. So now I'm stuck with a decision to make and just want to make the decision and get it over with. But I need your thoughts to do so! I currently have 2 bookings: WL Woods View room with free dining, and the Dolphin using the teacher rate. (Neither of which we have ever stayed at before.)

For 8 nights, the WL free dining package will end up costing us around $3900. If I take the 20% off room only at WL for which only a higher class room is available, it will be $3400. (The FD is a no-brainer between those 2.) The Dolphin without dining will cost us (adding in transfers since no ME included and daily resort fee - but no parking fee) around $2800. Obviously, that means if we will eat over $1100 of food, WL FD is the better bet. I had us figured at around $800 in food. We were planning on just a couple of TS meals because after doing FD our last 2 trips decided (1) it doesn't fit our kids eating styles and (2) we don't like to be tied down to ADR times. (I can definitely see Disney's full force pushing of filling up the TS restaurants by making "free" dining the "best" deal right now.)

So really, it comes down to about $300 more to stay at WL over the Dolphin with all other costs being considered. Who thinks $300 is worth the: (1) full Disney magic, (2) boat convenience to MK and monorail instead of boat to Epcot and HS (we will spend equal time at all parks), (3) gorgeous Christmas lobby, (4) having the dining plan that we really didn't want to be tied down to, (5) staying at the resort that was our first choice to begin with, and (6) a trade off for MVMCP?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Okay, first let me say that we stayed at WL last September and absolutely loved it! But since the dining plan isn't really beneficial to your family's eating style, I would go with the Dolphin. The money you save, even after paying for food, you would be able to go to MVMCP. I think your kids would really love that!

Just to throw a wrench into things, did you consider one of the new AoA suites? Don't know how that would figure money-wise, but the theming would be so much more fun than the Dolphin for your kids. Just a thought. I just checked Disney's website and the AoA suites would be $1831 for 7 nights 8 days. I don't know how old your kids are, but thought I'd throw that out there. Good luck with your decision!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #1131
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone!!

Okay, so yesterday my ticker said 3 months. Now it says 2 months, 4 weeks and 2 days??? Isn't that more than 3 months??? Crazyness!

Hope everyone made out okay from the storms. Haven't heard from any of those who were expecting it, so hopefully no news is good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Oof, guys, I need advice! We are currently booked at AoA in a LM room for one night - the night of our 1/2 marathon, we leave the next day. After puttering around trying to figure out logistics of making that work since it's not a host resort I decided if I could get a deal then I would move to a host resort but there aren't any attractive offers BUT it sounds like SUCH a pain I just don't know what to do. Here are the options I sent my husband:

Option A) Stay where we are, take a taxi to ESPN to get our packet on
Saturday morning or take a bus from our resort to a park (probably
Epcot so we can walk over to Beach Club or else bus to park to another
host resort) and then take the shuttle from there to get our packet.
Take a shuttle back to a host resort and then to a park then back to
our room to drop the stuff off then bus to MK for our Tony's spaghetti
lunch (Non-negotiable). Then go back, nap, and then do it all over
again to get back to ESPN for the start of the race. Take a taxi back
to our resort after we are done (there are no buses running except to
a host resort).

Option B) Stay at a host resort. Here are the options left:
-An Allstar Value: $99 vs. our $120 for AoA LM.
-The ONE mod is sold out.
-Stay Deluxe: Yaht Club is nuts at $394/night but walking distance
from Epcot. We could go BACK to AKL for $260, the others are sold out.
I dunno if we'd spend $140 in taxi fees, I doubt it even if we do take
all 4 rides since it ended up being about $18 per trip with my Mom to
the CCC, BUT some people STILL say its $35 for that 3am ride back to
your resort. :/

Option C) Say to heck with it, stay at the Dolphin or Swan for $161 or $188 respectably and walk to BC for
the shuttles, walk back to the hotel after the race, take a taxi or
rent a car to get back to the airport. Looks like Super Shuttle would be $18 pp to MCO.

What would you guys do?
First of all,

I think option B is your best bet. Seems a whole lot less complicated and/or expensive. Plus, you never know at what point one of those connections to a connection would break down or be delayed. Seems like a lot of headache when you want to be concentrating on your race and your trip. Good luck!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:56 AM   #1132
ksack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
im feeling left out.. i think i am the only person that has not changed our reservation since we made it in. NO discounts or free dining or anything lol.
You aren't the only one... We decided as a family - well 3 out of 4 of us - how many credits each of us could do out of the whole total and each one of us picked our restaurants plus a couple of just in cases and we've stuck with that.

DD did give up one of her credits so her brother could do H&V after seeing that they had new characters...
ksack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #1133
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
I would take WL, $300 doesn't seem like enough to give up a 1st choice resort. Also, will you be taking advantage of EMH? That's not available with Dolphin, right? I'm biased, Smileybug has brainwashed meand I'm planning a WL stay for my next trip (Dec 2013) Plus, I'll be staying at Poly this trip, that's another "dark" resort, what do I know?

I actually brainwashed someone!!!! ...

Everyone has resorts that ..... they just bond with. You see that on the Resorts board. Look at the following that the Poly has. If you do stay at the WL, I really hope you love it as much as we do. But if not....at least you tried another great resort at Disney!!
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #1134
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Good Morning Everyone!!

Well, spoke with my daughter Sarah last night in Pensacola....she is faring out fairly well so far. They have had alot of wind, rain, and flooding in certain areas with several roads closed. They continue to be under hurricane watch- and we continue to pray that all remains calm and that she has survived the worst of it. They really kind of lucked out with everything. I will speak with her again in a little bit to check on her. I feel so bad for New Orleans and SW Louisianna- they have really taken a beating and one of the levies has been breached, which is just terrible news. My prayers are with all of them.

I understand the RO discounts are out with many debates as to whether or not it helps or hurts anyone. For us, we are keeping what we have. All in all, we are happy and pleased with our plans and don't want to mess with anything. Hope everyone has a great day.
2006- WDW- POFQ
2004- WDW & Universal- stayed offsite @ Universal
2002- DCL- Disney Magic 3/02
2000- DCL- Disney Magic 8/00 & WDW-Grand Floridian
1999- DCL- Disney Magic 6/99 & WDW-Old Key West
1998- DCL- Disney Magic 12/98
1997- WDW- Old Key West
1996- WDW- Old Key West
1986- WDW- offsite
1980- WDW- Polynesian
1972- 1st Trip to WDW- Offsite
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #1135
KSBelle77
Mouseketeer

So I know this might be impossible but there is a good place to study at the magic kingdom. I will be missing my review day in legal analysis research and righting class and have an exam when I get back.
2012 - 1st Half Marathon, Disney Princess
2012 - Birthday trip and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon
2013 - 1st Disney Marathon
2013 - 1st Trip to Disneyland, Disneyland 1/2 Marathon, Dumbo Dare Challenge
2015 - 1st Dopey Challenge, 2nd Disney Marathon
2015 - Law School Graduation, KS Bar Exam
2015 - 1st Disney Cruise, Fantasy
KSBelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #1136
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

I have 88 days!!!! Woohoo!!!!! Its flying by... so just out of curiousity i prices out AKL and WL and for $300 more then im paying now i could have deluxe BUT I really do like POR. Poly was so nice..... and well nothing else compares BUT POR was nice too. I dont think I could ever stay at a All star... not my cup of tea. I may try AoA one day but right now i want to stay deluxe again!!!! I wish I could just pull the trigger but that means letting half of my meals go. I am not sure I can do that LOL I have actually kept looking at the schedule to see if I could cut out anything and yep we cant do it....just cant!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #1137
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
I gotta disagree with you on this. Hubby and I love the WL. So much so that it is the only place we stay. Whispering Canyon can be a lot of fun if you let yourself get into the antics. But if loud and playful isn't what you are looking for they have Artist Point which is a very nice resturant. And its quite. We love the boat ride to the MK as well....it is a very relaxing way to end a long day. As far as decor it is a little on the darker side. But doesn't seem as dark as AKL. So its just a matter of what you are looking for. For us its home. Isn't it wonderful that we have so many types of resorts to choose from. That is one of the things that makes Disney so special....... To pretty much make the most of us happy.
We did really like the resort, I agree the boat was unbeatable, and it was a realitively small resort which was the biggest plus. But we've also stayed at the Dolphin too and I liked that area alot. There are more food choices in that area with out having to go into a park. It was super cool to walk to everything in that Epcot area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
You know I wish I would have kept my mouth shut about the room discount.

Last edited by kerriemiller; 08-29-2012 at 07:55 AM.
kerriemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #1138
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
I have 88 days!!!! Woohoo!!!!! Its flying by... so just out of curiousity i prices out AKL and WL and for $300 more then im paying now i could have deluxe BUT I really do like POR. Poly was so nice..... and well nothing else compares BUT POR was nice too. I dont think I could ever stay at a All star... not my cup of tea. I may try AoA one day but right now i want to stay deluxe again!!!! I wish I could just pull the trigger but that means letting half of my meals go. I am not sure I can do that LOL I have actually kept looking at the schedule to see if I could cut out anything and yep we cant do it....just cant!
$300 more for the deluxe and then you'd still have to pay OOP for food or is it $300 more including your food expenses?

You will be in soooo much trouble with those insane BOG thread people if you give up your ADR's!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #1139
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
I actually brainwashed someone!!!! ...

Everyone has resorts that ..... they just bond with. You see that on the Resorts board. Look at the following that the Poly has. If you do stay at the WL, I really hope you love it as much as we do. But if not....at least you tried another great resort at Disney!!
You're right the Poly does have a very devoted following! People on that board talk about Poly only stays, no parks, it must be awesome over there. We're doing a split stay this time (originally I was all Poly but the discount moved me) We're doing the first half at GF and the second half at Poly. Our next trip I am planning on another split stay with a couple nights at CR and then the bulk of the trip at WL, congratulations Smileybrainwasher!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #1140
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
$300 more for the deluxe and then you'd still have to pay OOP for food or is it $300 more including your food expenses?

You will be in soooo much trouble with those insane BOG thread people if you give up your ADR's!
oh its $300 more than im paying now but Id have the reg plan and I cant see spending that for a room where we wont be spending a ton of time. Besides my schedule works and we have a Royal Guest Room

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: