Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #1111
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Hello everyone. I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinion of 'Ohana for breakfast. They have a reservation available and I was thinking of trying it out. The lady said its family style. Is it a typical breakfast? (eggs, waffles, etc.) ? Thank you!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #1112
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hello everyone. I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinion of 'Ohana for breakfast. They have a reservation available and I was thinking of trying it out. The lady said its family style. Is it a typical breakfast? (eggs, waffles, etc.) ? Thank you!
I ate there about 4 years ago for breakfast and it was really good. It seemed pretty normal breakfast food. Waffles, eggs, sasuage, bacon & toast. They characters came around and they sis a little parade thing. It was nice. I think it would be worth trying out.
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #1113
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Thanks for your response! I just looked up the menu and it seems like its basically just eggs served with a bunch of sides. Just a little disappointed. I think I'll call and find another restaurant.

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #1114
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
What it did do was prompt me to cancel my extra ADRs and start looking for some better times at the ones we do have. I managed to snag a 6:25pm for our Cape May instead of 6:50pm. Not much of a difference but when you think about my kids are used to eating dinner between 5:30 and 6 it's so much better.

Still checking relentlessly for a Le Cellier lunch though. Fingers crossed that one will appear sometime.
I think 625 vs 650 sounds huge! Good Job!!I've been trying to tweak my times too and last night I changed a 755am Cape May to an 8am Cape May b/c somehow 8 doesn't sound as early as 755 What can I say, we're not really morning people. I'm still trying to bump it up to 830 and if I have to get there 5 minutes at a time I will!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #1115
nmills
Mouseketeer

Only 84 days left, is it wrong to already be making a snack list of things I must have/try?
nmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #1116
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills
Only 84 days left, is it wrong to already be making a snack list of things I must have/try?
I'm attempting this right now. Our exchange student keeps saying oooohhhh cupcake.. Looks like she may be doing a WdW cupcake tour..lol.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #1117
mamamini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills
Are you kidding!? I've been on "Disney food blog" for the last two months planning snacks!! You're right on track!! What's on your list?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #1118
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger30066 View Post
I wish they did a 2 table service as well.
Count me in on this as well....
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
im feeling left out.. i think i am the only person that has not changed our reservation since we made it in. NO discounts or free dining or anything lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Don't feel bad. Disney is probably in love with you.
We are known for making changes on this thread and some of us more than others.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
There is a cupcake at starring rolls with my name on it. Good thing I have help to eat it because it looks huge....
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #1119
nmills
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamini

Are you kidding!? I've been on "Disney food blog" for the last two months planning snacks!! You're right on track!! What's on your list?
So far I have a dole whip (i gotta see for myself why everyone talks about this), cupcakes, a chocolate dipped rice krispy treat, hopefully some fun holiday treats at MVMCP, churros, and we are going to have our first mickey ice cream bars. I used to go all the time when I was younger and never had one... Oops. I can't wait to see my kids enjoying one for the first time... I'm sure my son will be a hot mess after having it in his hands for 5 seconds. Is there anything else I am missing? I am hoping to get some of this stuff to take home and enjoy since we won't be able to eat all this is 2 days.
nmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #1120
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug

We are known for making changes on this thread and some of us more than others.....

Hubby and I are working right now on changing our entire plan dates, resorts everything lol trying to see if we can get that room discount to work out
Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #1121
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Thanks for your response! I just looked up the menu and it seems like its basically just eggs served with a bunch of sides. Just a little disappointed. I think I'll call and find another restaurant.
Pretty much all the character breakfasts are similar. The buffets have a larger selection, but IMO, the food is fresher and hotter when it is brought to your table. The last time we ate there, we had eggs, sausages, Mickey waffles, potatoes, toast, and yummy pineapple bread along with tropical fruit juice and other drinks.

If you like Lilo & Stitch, 'Ohana is a must! Stitch is a hoot to interact with. They also have a fun "conga line" type parade/dance around the restaurant every 45 mins or so.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #1122
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Resort Decision to Make: Advice? Thoughts? Help?

The room only fall discounts/discounts aren't what I hoped they would be. And I never got a good room only pin, as I have for the last 3 years. So now I'm stuck with a decision to make and just want to make the decision and get it over with. But I need your thoughts to do so! I currently have 2 bookings: WL Woods View room with free dining, and the Dolphin using the teacher rate. (Neither of which we have ever stayed at before.)

For 8 nights, the WL free dining package will end up costing us around $3900. If I take the 20% off room only at WL for which only a higher class room is available, it will be $3400. (The FD is a no-brainer between those 2.) The Dolphin without dining will cost us (adding in transfers since no ME included and daily resort fee - but no parking fee) around $2800. Obviously, that means if we will eat over $1100 of food, WL FD is the better bet. I had us figured at around $800 in food. We were planning on just a couple of TS meals because after doing FD our last 2 trips decided (1) it doesn't fit our kids eating styles and (2) we don't like to be tied down to ADR times. (I can definitely see Disney's full force pushing of filling up the TS restaurants by making "free" dining the "best" deal right now.)

So really, it comes down to about $300 more to stay at WL over the Dolphin with all other costs being considered. Who thinks $300 is worth the: (1) full Disney magic, (2) boat convenience to MK and monorail instead of boat to Epcot and HS (we will spend equal time at all parks), (3) gorgeous Christmas lobby, (4) having the dining plan that we really didn't want to be tied down to, (5) staying at the resort that was our first choice to begin with, and (6) a trade off for MVMCP?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
luvallprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #1123
kerriemiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
The room only fall discounts/discounts aren't what I hoped they would be. And I never got a good room only pin, as I have for the last 3 years. So now I'm stuck with a decision to make and just want to make the decision and get it over with. But I need your thoughts to do so! I currently have 2 bookings: WL Woods View room with free dining, and the Dolphin using the teacher rate. (Neither of which we have ever stayed at before.)

For 8 nights, the WL free dining package will end up costing us around $3900. If I take the 20% off room only at WL for which only a higher class room is available, it will be $3400. (The FD is a no-brainer between those 2.) The Dolphin without dining will cost us (adding in transfers since no ME included and daily resort fee - but no parking fee) around $2800. Obviously, that means if we will eat over $1100 of food, WL FD is the better bet. I had us figured at around $800 in food. We were planning on just a couple of TS meals because after doing FD our last 2 trips decided (1) it doesn't fit our kids eating styles and (2) we don't like to be tied down to ADR times. (I can definitely see Disney's full force pushing of filling up the TS restaurants by making "free" dining the "best" deal right now.)

So really, it comes down to about $300 more to stay at WL over the Dolphin with all other costs being considered. Who thinks $300 is worth the: (1) full Disney magic, (2) boat convenience to MK and monorail instead of boat to Epcot and HS (we will spend equal time at all parks), (3) gorgeous Christmas lobby, (4) having the dining plan that we really didn't want to be tied down to, (5) staying at the resort that was our first choice to begin with, and (6) a trade off for MVMCP?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Well we stayed at WL last year. I was not that impress with the QS or the TS resturants they have, didnt care for the food at the QS and the antics at the Whispering Canyon are not my style they are kind of loud and snippy and they make a big deal out of putting every ketchup bottle in the resturant on your table if you ask for ketchup. Not my idea of a nice meal. Plus the resturant is open to the lobby so it can carry into the lobby area. We walked through the lobby a few times and could hear them yelling in the resturant.
I did love the resort in general but its rooms are a little dark. Lots of hunter green and brown. And we might have rebooked but I had read a few times that there is some room reburbishing going on at WL. And I was under the impression it will still be going on in Nov.
We have always felt that a room discount is worth more to us then free food. Like you the DP just doesnt fit the way we like to eat. I would go for the room discount over FD anytime.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #1124
kerriemiller

Well looks like Im calling to find out about renting DVC points tomorrow. Thats hubby's desicion. Apparently when I suggested the idea 3 months ago, I didnt present the information in such a way that it made sense to him. I love my husband to death but one of the things that truely erks me is no matter what the topic, he cannt just take my word for it I have to find someone/something to support my info or its not a good idea. This made remodeling our house a super fun time NOT
But oh well it is what it is. I cannt be mad at him really, he's just too cute and we are still going to Disney no matter what
Old 08-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #1125
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
Well we stayed at WL last year. I was not that impress with the QS or the TS resturants they have, didnt care for the food at the QS and the antics at the Whispering Canyon are not my style they are kind of loud and snippy and they make a big deal out of putting every ketchup bottle in the resturant on your table if you ask for ketchup. Not my idea of a nice meal. Plus the resturant is open to the lobby so it can carry into the lobby area. We walked through the lobby a few times and could hear them yelling in the resturant.
I did love the resort in general but its rooms are a little dark. Lots of hunter green and brown. And we might have rebooked but I had read a few times that there is some room reburbishing going on at WL. And I was under the impression it will still be going on in Nov.
We have always felt that a room discount is worth more to us then free food. Like you the DP just doesnt fit the way we like to eat. I would go for the room discount over FD anytime.

I gotta disagree with you on this. Hubby and I love the WL. So much so that it is the only place we stay. Whispering Canyon can be a lot of fun if you let yourself get into the antics. But if loud and playful isn't what you are looking for they have Artist Point which is a very nice resturant. And its quite. We love the boat ride to the MK as well....it is a very relaxing way to end a long day. As far as decor it is a little on the darker side. But doesn't seem as dark as AKL. So its just a matter of what you are looking for. For us its home. Isn't it wonderful that we have so many types of resorts to choose from. That is one of the things that makes Disney so special....... To pretty much make the most of us happy.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: