Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #1096
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
ahhhhhh its so close
It is! Soooooo much to do between now and then, luckily this weekend is a 4 day for me!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #1097
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Great DH is dragging his feet now there are no more club level rooms showing up on the website at the 30% discount. I dont want to stay at OKW or SSR to spread out and to far from everything
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #1098
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
It is! Soooooo much to do between now and then, luckily this weekend is a 4 day for me!
i agree, and it is going to go so fast once school starts...will i ever be ready lol
Old 08-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #1099
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

So I checked out the RO discount and if I switched back to CBR we would save $300. Then we would have to buy food. Im not sure if we would really save anything. I know of really great places in Orlando that are cheaper than eating in the park, but then we have to leave. DO CS for lunch. If we book and go to POP we would save $625. Which I know we could do CS and a couple TS meals. I just don't know if I want to stay at a Value since we will be spending a day and a half at the resort Either way in 89 days we will be in WDW
aubreysmom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #1100
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have found RO is better for two in a moderate as well, but the moment that third person is added in it seems to make a big difference..! It all comes down to what you would eat as well - even when we have had FD we book meals for more TS than we have credits for so we still spend some amount OOP either way. We have a hard time matching the cost of the DP while ordering what we want as well - sometimes the apps look better than the entrees or we want to split a plate/don't want desert/want a signature meal/want an event like HDD or CP. A lot of times appetizers look so good, and we still order a couple of beers/drinks during the week as well. Both times I have also qualified for and gotten the TiW card which gives 20% off (but requires an 18% gratuity so its like the tip is "free" basically with a tiny bit extra off the bill). When I sit down and do the math based on OUR ORDERING STYLE the dining plan never comes ahead of what we can do with equivalent dollars for the two of us.
Exactly right. It all depends how you like to eat. Good points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlongino View Post
One other Fantasmic question do I need to order from sort of prefixe menu or minimum for Mama Melrose Fantasmic package or can we just order al la carte?
It is al la carte. You can do lunch or dinner at MM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
Just saw my ticker...

OH EM GEEE!!!!! 2 months and 6 days until I'm in freakin Walt Disney World
yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
Great DH is dragging his feet now there are no more club level rooms showing up on the website at the 30% discount. I dont want to stay at OKW or SSR to spread out and to far from everything
I've stayed at OKW before and I'd rather stay just about anywhere else. Check by phone to see about the club level...they may be able to help you. Hope you get what you want!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #1101
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

I thought Fantasmic was a fixed price of $34 something...and you got an appitizer, entree and dessert? unless im wrong

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #1102
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Oof, guys, I need advice! We are currently booked at AoA in a LM room for one night - the night of our 1/2 marathon, we leave the next day. After puttering around trying to figure out logistics of making that work since it's not a host resort I decided if I could get a deal then I would move to a host resort but there aren't any attractive offers BUT it sounds like SUCH a pain I just don't know what to do. Here are the options I sent my husband:

Option A) Stay where we are, take a taxi to ESPN to get our packet on
Saturday morning or take a bus from our resort to a park (probably
Epcot so we can walk over to Beach Club or else bus to park to another
host resort) and then take the shuttle from there to get our packet.
Take a shuttle back to a host resort and then to a park then back to
our room to drop the stuff off then bus to MK for our Tony's spaghetti
lunch (Non-negotiable). Then go back, nap, and then do it all over
again to get back to ESPN for the start of the race. Take a taxi back
to our resort after we are done (there are no buses running except to
a host resort).

Option B) Stay at a host resort. Here are the options left:
-An Allstar Value: $99 vs. our $120 for AoA LM.
-The ONE mod is sold out.
-Stay Deluxe: Yaht Club is nuts at $394/night but walking distance
from Epcot. We could go BACK to AKL for $260, the others are sold out.
I dunno if we'd spend $140 in taxi fees, I doubt it even if we do take
all 4 rides since it ended up being about $18 per trip with my Mom to
the CCC, BUT some people STILL say its $35 for that 3am ride back to
your resort. :/

Option C) Say to heck with it, stay at the Dolphin or Swan for $161 or $188 respectably and walk to BC for
the shuttles, walk back to the hotel after the race, take a taxi or
rent a car to get back to the airport. Looks like Super Shuttle would be $18 pp to MCO.

What would you guys do?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #1103
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Oof, guys, I need advice! We are currently booked at AoA in a LM room for one night - the night of our 1/2 marathon, we leave the next day. After puttering around trying to figure out logistics of making that work since it's not a host resort I decided if I could get a deal then I would move to a host resort but there aren't any attractive offers BUT it sounds like SUCH a pain I just don't know what to do. Here are the options I sent my husband:

Option A) Stay where we are, take a taxi to ESPN to get our packet on
Saturday morning or take a bus from our resort to a park (probably
Epcot so we can walk over to Beach Club or else bus to park to another
host resort) and then take the shuttle from there to get our packet.
Take a shuttle back to a host resort and then to a park then back to
our room to drop the stuff off then bus to MK for our Tony's spaghetti
lunch (Non-negotiable). Then go back, nap, and then do it all over
again to get back to ESPN for the start of the race. Take a taxi back
to our resort after we are done (there are no buses running except to
a host resort).

Option B) Stay at a host resort. Here are the options left:
-An Allstar Value: $99 vs. our $120 for AoA LM.
-The ONE mod is sold out.
-Stay Deluxe: Yaht Club is nuts at $394/night but walking distance
from Epcot. We could go BACK to AKL for $260, the others are sold out.
I dunno if we'd spend $140 in taxi fees, I doubt it even if we do take
all 4 rides since it ended up being about $18 per trip with my Mom to
the CCC, BUT some people STILL say its $35 for that 3am ride back to
your resort. :/

Option C) Say to heck with it, stay at the Dolphin or Swan for $161 or $188 respectably and walk to BC for
the shuttles, walk back to the hotel after the race, take a taxi or
rent a car to get back to the airport. Looks like Super Shuttle would be $18 pp to MCO.

What would you guys do?
you confused me! lol and I re-read it 4 times.... i would switch to the Swan and Dolphin or stay where you are... i did hear that taxis are expensive too

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #1104
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

I'm so sorry... it IS that complicated if you aren't staying at a host resort but still try to use the event transportation though! So frustrating! I know taxis are spendy, but when I map it out the ESPN facility is only 1.7 miles.... how much could that really be? Even if we DO have to do it three times... ugh!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #1105
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Always go with the service. I know some people are upset that the gratuity is not included in DDP, but for me I find when gratuity is included at places due to party size the service isn't as good. I will typically tip 20-25% of the entire bill, alcohol and tax included, when service is good. Good service to me means a balance of attentive service that isn't overbearing. I shouldn't have to hunt down my server to get a drink or my check and they shouldn't be asking me every 30 seconds how my meal is or if they can get something for me.
The absolute best explanation of tipping I have ever read. I waitressed for 10 years and I am planning the exact same as you.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #1106
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so sorry... it IS that complicated if you aren't staying at a host resort but still try to use the event transportation though! So frustrating! I know taxis are spendy, but when I map it out the ESPN facility is only 1.7 miles.... how much could that really be? Even if we DO have to do it three times... ugh!
I'm not sure where I saw it but I think I may have just googled an Orlando taxi calculator, you put in your starting point and your ending point and it estimates the taxi cost + tip. Sorry I'm not more helpful than that...
Old 08-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #1107
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
I'm not sure where I saw it but I think I may have just googled an Orlando taxi calculator, you put in your starting point and your ending point and it estimates the taxi cost + tip. Sorry I'm not more helpful than that...
Oooh thank you I didn't even realize those existed! If it is correct the taxis really aren't that bad, $8+ tip for the three rides to/from ESPN and then the big one from the race is like $12 if we can get one from the BWV at 3am... one girl SPECIFICALLY said that would be $35 but I can't see how?
Old 08-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #1108
tigger30066
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oooh thank you I didn't even realize those existed! If it is correct the taxis really aren't that bad, $8+ tip for the three rides to/from ESPN and then the big one from the race is like $12 if we can get one from the BWV at 3am... one girl SPECIFICALLY said that would be $35 but I can't see how?
We took a taxi from DTD to Coronado Springs one night after La Nouba and I think it was like $15.
tigger30066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #1109
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Well I saw the announcement about the room only discount and thought how perfect would it be to stick in one nights at GF for MIL at the end of the trip. Then I realized the promotion was only good until Nov. 16 and our last day is Nov. 18 so we're one night short. Then I thought about it in the middle right before we switch from POR to AoA. No rooms left. Which is actually a relief because it would have screwed up alot of our plans and DH would have killed me.

What it did do was prompt me to cancel my extra ADRs and start looking for some better times at the ones we do have. I managed to snag a 6:25pm for our Cape May instead of 6:50pm. Not much of a difference but when you think about my kids are used to eating dinner between 5:30 and 6 it's so much better.

Still checking relentlessly for a Le Cellier lunch though. Fingers crossed that one will appear sometime.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #1110
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Ft. Wilderness

I was reading online that there are many people who decorate all up for Christmas @ the campground. I was wondering if it is possible to drive through to see the lights or if they offer tours or something. We will be at the World the week after Thanksgiving and I thought we might get lucky and see some decorations.... any ideas?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: