Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #1081
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

How are ya'll planning your tip money. Are you just thinging a flat 20%? Or going strictly by the service?
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #1082
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

im feeling left out.. i think i am the only person that has not changed our reservation since we made it in. NO discounts or free dining or anything lol.
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #1083
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
im feeling left out.. i think i am the only person that has not changed our reservation since we made it in. NO discounts or free dining or anything lol.

Don't feel bad. Disney is probably in love with you.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #1084
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Don't feel bad. Disney is probably in love with you.
lol yeah cause they havent had to share any deals with us. they better make my trip awesome!!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #1085
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
I did make one change, extending it by a day, but since we're arriving on the 17th we don't get any discounts either. With it being a busy week we did ADRs at 180+10 and everything has pretty much booked up since. I've looked at changing a couple of things, but haven't found anything that saves us at all.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #1086
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!!!

The second question is a matter of opinion, but I don't see how they can take the walls down when they are still working on the Snow White Mine Train attraction, which is pretty massive. There may be a few walls down, but certainly not all of them.
Well, if they are still working on something, like the Snow White Mine Train, then yes those walls stay up. I was thinking more along the line of the walls around attractions and shops set to open for the November 19th soft opening and then any overall walls blocking the entire expansion, thus just leaving walls around specific buildings not set to open.
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/14 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #1087
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
I did make one change, extending it by a day, but since we're arriving on the 17th we don't get any discounts either. With it being a busy week we did ADRs at 180+10 and everything has pretty much booked up since. I've looked at changing a couple of things, but haven't found anything that saves us at all.
I've made a few......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
Well, if they are still working on something, like the Snow White Mine Train, then yes those walls stay up. I was thinking more along the line of the walls around attractions and shops set to open for the November 19th soft opening and then any overall walls blocking the entire expansion, thus just leaving walls around specific buildings not set to open.
I agree.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #1088
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay ya'll, I need some advice. I just checked out the room only discount. It will save us $1.400.00. BUT ......Now we are paying for all food out of pocket. If we take this discount over free dining we would drop most of our breakfast reservations. We eat very little breakfast. But I made the reservations just trying to use the credits with the DxDP. I am sure we will still eat lunch and supper at all the TS resturants that I already have booked. So........ what would ya'll do.
I have found that for two people staying Deluxe it's a better value to take the room discount. But then, we don't like to eat two table service meals. We like just one a day. Are you getting the discount info by phone? I don't see anything on their website.

Quote:
Wow!! Thanks for all of the imput ya'll. I just sat hubby down and explained everything to him. I think we are going for the room discount and going to pay oop for the food.

We started with FD and then upgraded to DxDP DH does prefer two TS meals a day.(Which is why I upgraded to DxDP.) But with the DxDP I felt pushed to use those credits. So I did. It is just to many meals for us to comfortably eat every day. We do not have children going so we do not need the meal time to use as down time. I wish Disney offered a plan with 2 TS meals a day.

After typing this all out..........I'm still confused.
I think that's the good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Are any of you guys doing the Candlelight Processional dinner package? Since the week we are going is supposed to be low crowd levels, I'm torn about paying the extra money. We want to see Neil Patrick Harris. Any advice???
I think especially for NPH it will be hard to get a seat if you don't do the package. He's very popular! If you do decide to forego the package, you'll need to get into line quite early for the standby seating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
I'm throwing a party for you!! I can't wait for our trips!!!!
Thanks!!

Quote:
How are ya'll planning your tip money. Are you just thinging a flat 20%? Or going strictly by the service?
I'm planning 20%, but reserve the right to make it a bit less if necessary.

Quote:
Okay, gotcha! Yes, I think that's exactly what they'll do. The walls around the newest attractions and restaurants will probably all be gone. Not so sure about the overall walls blocking the entrance to the new expansion. We'll just have to wait and see how many walls are gone. Hope it's a lot!!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #1089
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Always go with the service. I know some people are upset that the gratuity is not included in DDP, but for me I find when gratuity is included at places due to party size the service isn't as good. I will typically tip 20-25% of the entire bill, alcohol and tax included, when service is good. Good service to me means a balance of attentive service that isn't overbearing. I shouldn't have to hunt down my server to get a drink or my check and they shouldn't be asking me every 30 seconds how my meal is or if they can get something for me.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #1090
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I have found that for two people staying Deluxe it's a better value to take the room discount. But then, we don't like to eat two table service meals. We like just one a day. Are you getting the discount info by phone? I don't see anything on their website.
We have found RO is better for two in a moderate as well, but the moment that third person is added in it seems to make a big difference..! It all comes down to what you would eat as well - even when we have had FD we book meals for more TS than we have credits for so we still spend some amount OOP either way. We have a hard time matching the cost of the DP while ordering what we want as well - sometimes the apps look better than the entrees or we want to split a plate/don't want desert/want a signature meal/want an event like HDD or CP. A lot of times appetizers look so good, and we still order a couple of beers/drinks during the week as well. Both times I have also qualified for and gotten the TiW card which gives 20% off (but requires an 18% gratuity so its like the tip is "free" basically with a tiny bit extra off the bill). When I sit down and do the math based on OUR ORDERING STYLE the dining plan never comes ahead of what we can do with equivalent dollars for the two of us.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #1091
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

i want a flashy thingy

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #1092
jrlongino
J.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2
Good Morning Everyone!!!

As for the first question, I don't think 4 day tickets at $150 are legit. And if it was through the yes program at Disney, he probably would have said so. I would ask him for the website and check it out or just tell him you think they are bogus. Your instincts are right on. I checked the Disney site and 1 adult 4 day ticket is $256...before taxes. Undercover Tourist has discount tickets, but you only save about $20-25.

The second question is a matter of opinion, but I don't see how they can take the walls down when they are still working on the Snow White Mine Train attraction, which is pretty massive. There may be a few walls down, but certainly not all of them.

Hope you make out ok! By the way, did you decide which embroidery machine??

DH and I went during that time frame a few years back and, while it was more crowded than we were used to (we usually go in September), it will be much less crowded than you are used to since you go in the summer. Having said that, I think the weekend you will be there is a 1/2 marathon race. Easy WDW had the following crowd levels predicted: 12/7-4, 12/8-6, 12/9-7, 12/10-8, 12/11-7, 12/12-5 You see how it spikes up over the weekend. It is certainly busier than when we went. I think if it's important to see Fantasmic and you don't want to wait in line, you should book a F!package. Personally, with just DH and I, we always wing it. We don't stand in line, but go in after the line has moved in. But then, it's pretty easy to find just 2 seats. Hope this helps!

Good for you! Always great to save money!!

This made me laugh!
One other Fantasmic question do I need to order from sort of prefixe menu or minimum for Mama Melrose Fantasmic package or can we just order al la carte?
jrlongino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #1093
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK, I have 2 questions for more in the know that I

1) In trying to help my friend with his September trip, he said he found 4 day MYW tickets for $150ish online. I told him that seemed awfully cheap and they might not be valid tickets. While I could not find anything online that cheap via legit ticket sellers, might he be referring to E-Bay or something?
Military Salute tickets are 4 days in length and about $150. I'm not sure if your friend would be eligible for that but perhaps that's what they saw??
Old 08-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #1094
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Just saw my ticker...

OH EM GEEE!!!!! 2 months and 6 days until I'm in freakin Walt Disney World
Old 08-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #1095
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
Just saw my ticker...

OH EM GEEE!!!!! 2 months and 6 days until I'm in freakin Walt Disney World