Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #1051
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Good morning ya'll.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #1052
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

So I'm seeing some people saying they are getting discounts on their rooms for their trips. Guess I'll call in this morning and see if they can do anything for me. Not holding out much hope since I'm going at a peak time at AoA LM, but it never hurts to ask right?

I'll let everyone know of the outcome.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #1053
Smileybug

Okay ya'll, I need some advice. I just checked out the room only discount. It will save us $1.400.00. BUT ......Now we are paying for all food out of pocket. If we take this discount over free dining we would drop most of our breakfast reservations. We eat very little breakfast. But I made the reservations just trying to use the credits with the DxDP. I am sure we will still eat lunch and supper at all the TS resturants that I already have booked. So........ what would ya'll do.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #1054
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbills View Post
I see there are room only discounts out now. If we already have free dining during our stay, and wanted to switch to a room only discount, I'm sure we'd have to pay for dining again. Has anyone tried that in the past, and if so, did the room only discount save them more than free dining? Just curious...
I tried last year its one or the other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Okay ya'll, I need some advice. I just checked out the room only discount. It will save us $1.400.00. BUT ......Now we are paying for all food out of pocket. If we take this discount over free dining we would drop most of our breakfast reservations. We eat very little breakfast. But I made the reservations just trying to use the credits with the DxDP. I am sure we will still eat lunch and supper at all the TS resturants that I already have booked. So........ what would ya'll do.
for us the room is always the better deal. But we split meals and only eat once a day in the parks last year we had a 35% off room and we only spent an additional $600 on everything else. We spent about half of what we are this year.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #1055
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

There's a spreadsheet out there that can help you figure out exactly what your OOP costs would be, but it takes a lot of work.

Presumably, you upgraded from FD (QSDP or DDP?) to DxDP. How much was the upgrade? Add that to your $1,400 saved. Then start subtracting your OOP food costs. My understanding is that, for most people, DDP is a close call on cost savings. We are big eaters and like TS and Signature, and character meals, so DxDP is what we go with... If you're not eating any or many breakfasts, the cost gets closer to being a wash or better for OOP. The only way to know for sure is to start adding up what you would pay OOP for your ADRs and eating style.

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #1056
kerriemiller

I knew it wouldnt take long for me to find something else to obsess about.

New room discount - DH and I have been a little put off by the fact that last year we did the room discount and it was such a savings that this year our cost has doubled. Well now there is a room discount!!! Last year we got 35% this year looks like only 30% but we could still save $1300.

Guess we'll have to see what hubby says when he gets home from work today.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #1057
tigger30066
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We had to do this as well. What I did was list all the ADR's I would keep if I did not have DP. I then looked at the menus for those locations at allears.net And used my best judgement on what the amount would be per meal. I then added them up and knew what my OOP dining expense would be. Hopefully that makes sense.
tigger30066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #1058
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

Here's a whole page on the finances of the DDP: http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/07...-plan-exposed/

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #1059
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

if i take off the DxDP and do RO...my package is $200 more then what Im paying now!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #1060
Smileybug

Wow!! Thanks for all of the imput ya'll. I just sat hubby down and explained everything to him. I think we are going for the room discount and going to pay oop for the food.

We started with FD and then upgraded to DxDP DH does prefer two TS meals a day.(Which is why I upgraded to DxDP.) But with the DxDP I felt pushed to use those credits. So I did. It is just to many meals for us to comfortably eat every day. We do not have children going so we do not need the meal time to use as down time. I wish Disney offered a plan with 2 TS meals a day.

After typing this all out..........I'm still confused.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #1061
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
if i take off the DxDP and do RO...my package is $200 more then what Im paying now!

Wow!! But you have more people. And you are getting a 20% discount with POR right? The WL being a delux is 30%. And there are just 2 of us going.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #1062
kerriemiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieFire View Post
Here's a whole page on the finances of the DDP: http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/07...-plan-exposed/

Touring plans has some great articals. I really liked this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Wow!! If I were to change to a club level standard from our 1 br villa we would save $1000.00. But Ive gotten myself so excited about all the ADRs Ive booked I dont know if I could cancle any of them. so there goes our savings and we would be in a smaller room. I think DH will want to do for the room discount so that means I would most likely cancel my Boma breakfast and dinner. And I would probably cancel my 1900 PF breakfast also.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #1063
tigger30066
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow!! Thanks for all of the imput ya'll. I just sat hubby down and explained everything to him. I think we are going for the room discount and going to pay oop for the food.

We started with FD and then upgraded to DxDP DH does prefer two TS meals a day.(Which is why I upgraded to DxDP.) But with the DxDP I felt pushed to use those credits. So I did. It is just to many meals for us to comfortably eat every day. We do not have children going so we do not need the meal time to use as down time. I wish Disney offered a plan with 2 TS meals a day.

After typing this all out..........I'm still confused.
I wish they did a 2 table service as well.
tigger30066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #1064
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieFire View Post

Thanks for sharing this. Good info.

I guess I just need to think about this some more.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #1065
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
Touring plans has some great articals. I really liked this one.

That was a good article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger30066 View Post
I wish they did a 2 table service as well.

This would be perfect for us.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: